Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) 20:51 - Apr 5 with 9147 viewsRhonnda_Jack

[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 20:52]
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 11:21 - Apr 8 with 1816 viewsmax936

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 10:35 - Apr 8 by Dr_Winston

There's opinions, and there's thinking that a midfielder directly involved in 30+ goals over two seasons in the Premier League was overrated.

I never doubted his ability, he was just a player that I particularly liked.

You comments aim to ridicule opinions you don't agree with, you always have, I'm not the first or will I be the last to say that.

End.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 11:37 - Apr 8 with 1797 viewsDr_Winston

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 11:21 - Apr 8 by max936

I never doubted his ability, he was just a player that I particularly liked.

You comments aim to ridicule opinions you don't agree with, you always have, I'm not the first or will I be the last to say that.

End.

The only other person who says that is Perchy, and in fairness when it comes to him he's right.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 11:44 - Apr 8 with 1796 viewsSullutaCreturned

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 21:38 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

The only appropriate response to people who think JDG was overrated is to point and laugh.

JDG was a very good player but I didn't like him. I always felt he was playing for hiself more than for the team.

An opinion reinforced by the Wembley penalty fracas with Dyer.
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 23:00 - Apr 8 with 1715 viewsDr_Winston

Here's one for most overrated. Lee Trundle.

Trunds was great for us in L1 and L2. Drew in the support, raised the profile of the club. Couldn't fault him. That's about his level.

Problems arise when people think he was more than that. Even now there are those who claim he could have played Premier League. "If he'd only started sooner..."

Trundle wasn't a PL player as long as he had a hole in his arse. He was barely competent in the Championship. Too slow, too dependent on his left foot. League One defenders couldn't manage him. Championship defenders mostly could. Premier League defenders wouldn't have broken a sweat.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 08:05 - Apr 9 with 1691 viewsjackal

Jefferson Montero.

Yes, he had hamstrings made of straw and he never moved infield from the touchline. But when he had one of his days he was electric.

He didn't just beat fullbacks, he destroyed them. Callum Chambers is still having therapy.

If he had stayed fit he would have been a £20 million pound player.
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 08:19 - Apr 9 with 1686 views1462jack

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 21:38 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

The only appropriate response to people who think JDG was overrated is to point and laugh.

Totally agree , very good player
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 09:23 - Apr 9 with 1670 viewsRichardO

Jordi Amat
Izzy Iriekpen

Thought both could have played in a defensive midfielder role.
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 09:47 - Apr 9 with 1662 viewsonehunglow

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 11:44 - Apr 8 by SullutaCreturned

JDG was a very good player but I didn't like him. I always felt he was playing for hiself more than for the team.

An opinion reinforced by the Wembley penalty fracas with Dyer.

Any love for De Guzman should really have disappeared after his selfish ,puerile Wembley attitude.
Amazing some revered him as some kind of genius . After us ,he didn’t really set any club alight .
A talented player though without question .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 12:04 - Apr 9 with 1629 viewscontroversial_jack

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 23:00 - Apr 8 by Dr_Winston

Here's one for most overrated. Lee Trundle.

Trunds was great for us in L1 and L2. Drew in the support, raised the profile of the club. Couldn't fault him. That's about his level.

Problems arise when people think he was more than that. Even now there are those who claim he could have played Premier League. "If he'd only started sooner..."

Trundle wasn't a PL player as long as he had a hole in his arse. He was barely competent in the Championship. Too slow, too dependent on his left foot. League One defenders couldn't manage him. Championship defenders mostly could. Premier League defenders wouldn't have broken a sweat.

If LT had kept himself fitter, laid off the distractions he was prem league no doubt
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 18:41 - Apr 9 with 1581 viewsvetchonian

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 12:04 - Apr 9 by controversial_jack

If LT had kept himself fitter, laid off the distractions he was prem league no doubt

Makes you wonder then why no PL club made a cheeky punt for him at £1M which was nothing back then.

Entertaining lower league footballer who self promoted sending videos to Soccer Saturday

Good for us in Lg2 and Lg 1 got found out in the Championship when with Bristol

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 18:51 - Apr 9 with 1568 viewsKeithHaynes

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 09:47 - Apr 9 by onehunglow

Any love for De Guzman should really have disappeared after his selfish ,puerile Wembley attitude.
Amazing some revered him as some kind of genius . After us ,he didn’t really set any club alight .
A talented player though without question .

JDG was the penalty taker ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 18:58 - Apr 9 with 1564 views1462jack

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 18:41 - Apr 9 by vetchonian

Makes you wonder then why no PL club made a cheeky punt for him at £1M which was nothing back then.

Entertaining lower league footballer who self promoted sending videos to Soccer Saturday

The guy was and is a class act for us simple as
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 20:48 - Apr 9 with 1517 viewsKeithHaynes

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 18:58 - Apr 9 by 1462jack

The guy was and is a class act for us simple as

Like a lot of players mate, they find a home and it all just fits in to place.
Leon, Tatey etc. Lee was the same. Had he been in the side that was promoted to the premier league he would have been just fine. I’m certain of that.

I find it difficult to agree with anyone who thinks differently especially when Bodde in a lot of peoples opinions would have also excelled in the premier league. Then why not Lee, he was just a few years too early has he come along a bit later he would have lit the top flight up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 21:20 - Apr 9 with 1506 viewstheloneranger

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 20:48 - Apr 9 by KeithHaynes

Like a lot of players mate, they find a home and it all just fits in to place.
Leon, Tatey etc. Lee was the same. Had he been in the side that was promoted to the premier league he would have been just fine. I’m certain of that.

I find it difficult to agree with anyone who thinks differently especially when Bodde in a lot of peoples opinions would have also excelled in the premier league. Then why not Lee, he was just a few years too early has he come along a bit later he would have lit the top flight up.

Very much like Jarrod Bowen.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 01:31 - Apr 10 with 1452 viewsswancity

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 18:41 - Apr 9 by vetchonian

Found out ? 😂😂

He was played on the right very often at Bristol. If you want to maximise the potential of a player you play to his strengths which in Lee’s case is the ball into his feet but he needed to be played centrally. He was 30/31 when he went to Bristol. Then coming back to us the extremely defence minded Sousa would only use him as a sub, often bringing him on late in games and sometimes in a deeper position.

His late development meant that it was very unlikely that a Premier club would take a punt on a 30 year old. I recall Sheff Weds tried to sign him a year or two earlier but I think they were a Championship club.

One of the most naturally gifted and skilful players to grace the game. Not enough pace or naturally athletic but one of the very best entertainers. And at 46 he’s still scoring at Ammanford in the second tier of Welsh football. A Swansea legend always of that there is no doubt.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 08:34 - Apr 10 with 1416 viewsRichardO

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 01:31 - Apr 10 by swancity

Found out ? 😂😂

He was played on the right very often at Bristol. If you want to maximise the potential of a player you play to his strengths which in Lee’s case is the ball into his feet but he needed to be played centrally. He was 30/31 when he went to Bristol. Then coming back to us the extremely defence minded Sousa would only use him as a sub, often bringing him on late in games and sometimes in a deeper position.

His late development meant that it was very unlikely that a Premier club would take a punt on a 30 year old. I recall Sheff Weds tried to sign him a year or two earlier but I think they were a Championship club.

One of the most naturally gifted and skilful players to grace the game. Not enough pace or naturally athletic but one of the very best entertainers. And at 46 he’s still scoring at Ammanford in the second tier of Welsh football. A Swansea legend always of that there is no doubt.

Thought they played him up top expecting him to run after the long balls over the top and for him to use his his incredible pace which was obviously his strongest asset. Wasn't used correctly at Bristol and given the manager at the time had seen him in action with his teams against the Swansea)
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 08:37 - Apr 10 with 1416 viewsRichardO

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 01:31 - Apr 10 by swancity

Found out ? 😂😂

Thought they played him up top expecting him to run after the long balls over the top and for him to use his his incredible pace which was obviously his strongest asset, wasn't it?
Wasn't used correctly at Bristol and given the manager at the time had seen him in action with his teams against the Swansea many times seemed very strange.
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 09:50 - Apr 10 with 1401 viewsonehunglow

Found out ? 😂😂

Skill wise our greatest ever.

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 11:21 - Apr 10 with 1381 viewsDr_Winston

Plenty here proving my case.

I get the love. I really, really do, but there's not a chance on Earth he'd have lasted five minutes in the Prem even if he'd lived like a monk and broken through at the age of 20. Too slow, too one footed, too predictable for top quality defenders. He wasn't up to much when he came back on loan when we were in the Championship, which kinda puts the belief that it was down to the system in the spotlight.

Right through his prime he made it very, very clear that he was up for a move to the top flight and nobody was interested. Even at £1m, which even then was cheap.

Great League One/Two player. Fine ambassador for the club, but the archetypal example of "overrated". The idea that he was "our most skilful ever" after we've spent nigh on a decade in the top flight since he was here is too absurd even to mock.

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 12:58 - Apr 10 with 1336 viewsswancity

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 11:21 - Apr 10 by Dr_Winston

I get the love. I really, really do, but there's not a chance on Earth he'd have lasted five minutes in the Prem even if he'd lived like a monk and broken through at the age of 20. Too slow, too one footed, too predictable for top quality defenders. He wasn't up to much when he came back on loan when we were in the Championship, which kinda puts the belief that it was down to the system in the spotlight.

Right through his prime he made it very, very clear that he was up for a move to the top flight and nobody was interested. Even at £1m, which even then was cheap.

Great League One/Two player. Fine ambassador for the club, but the archetypal example of "overrated". The idea that he was "our most skilful ever" after we've spent nigh on a decade in the top flight since he was here is too absurd even to mock.

You never liked him Jobs. Even when he was in his prime in his late 20s.You’ve been repeating the same old boring crap for 20 years. It doesn’t make it right. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

You’re memory is also playing tricks. He barely started a game on his return. But still managed the best scoring record in the division that season from the bench based on a minutes played to goals scored ratio. Not too shabby in a team that was so defensively structured and coached, not getting full backs out of their own half and only looking to contain. That Sousa side was of course set up to defend. They did that well but my god it was boring.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 10 with 1319 viewsonehunglow

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 12:58 - Apr 10 by swancity

You never liked him Jobs. Even when he was in his prime in his late 20s.You’ve been repeating the same old boring crap for 20 years. It doesn’t make it right. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

You’re memory is also playing tricks. He barely started a game on his return. But still managed the best scoring record in the division that season from the bench based on a minutes played to goals scored ratio. Not too shabby in a team that was so defensively structured and coached, not getting full backs out of their own half and only looking to contain. That Sousa side was of course set up to defend. They did that well but my god it was boring.

We all have favourites in present and past.
As we think we are right,we defend them.
Bonkers really as the players are well gone .
They were and are no more that employees
If they perform,they get praise,if not they get stick.
It’s always been thus

Jobs boring ? I’ve had a few myself

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 19:39 - Apr 11 with 1201 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 11:21 - Apr 10 by Dr_Winston

If you look at stats or value then we know we have had better than Lee.
But at the time he was one of the most talented players I had ever seen in a Swansea Shirt. Our own Ronaldinho of the lower leagues.
It's unfair comparing a guy that went pro at 24 to an academy player. Lee is larger than life and embodys our club spirit. But you are correct Mitchu or Boney are in a different class altogether. Not taking away from the hours of joy watching Mr Trundles Magic Daps of corse...
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 11:28 - Apr 12 with 1152 viewswhiterock

Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 09:24 - Apr 6 by onehunglow

Certainly by me..

I remember him getting hooked at Spurs, total liability that day, great on the ball, shithouse off it
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 21:02 - Apr 13 with 1032 viewshowenjack

Smudger Smith
Vic Gomersall
Most underestimated Swans player of all time I'll start Marvin Emines (n/t) on 08:29 - Apr 14 with 992 viewsRichardO

JDG had a problem with his tackling, Ferrie Bodde had the opposite problem 🙂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024