Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game 11:18 - Mar 31 with 27617 viewselectricblue

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:02 - Apr 1 with 5151 viewssxdale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:52 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

Had he not left last Summer his side kick Bottomley would have still been in charge, i expect you would have also been happy with that?

BBM was another one who was sucking the life out of the club, he was still trying as the door hit his arse on the way out.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 20:53]

BBM is the 2nd most culpable person for the decline of our club after B*****d Bottomly.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:34 - Apr 1 with 5016 viewspioneer

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:56 - Apr 1 by jonahwhereru

Please to see a positive result. Have been out all day.
The stats suggest we were far from a re enlivened team who dished out a beating. I hope the team really prosper under JM and we have the second coming of the KH scenario. However the worst case situation is if the Dale keep getting barely deserved results and the board feel duty bound to offer JM the job, on points gained rather than a revitalised team giving everything for the new manager. Not discounting that may yet happen.
However a win’s a win and i’ll Take it. The only way is up.
UTD

Sadly I think you will find at the end of the season the only way……is down.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:59 - Apr 1 with 4910 viewsfourfourtwo

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:52 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

Had he not left last Summer his side kick Bottomley would have still been in charge, i expect you would have also been happy with that?

BBM was another one who was sucking the life out of the club, he was still trying as the door hit his arse on the way out.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 20:53]

Stockdale has done more damage to this club than BBM ever did. If you can’t see that, you’re deluded.

Ultimately BBM treated his relationship with the club more in line with how the majority of us would deal with our careers at work. Little loyalty and a stepping stone to bigger things. Take the emotion out of it, you can’t really blame him when you see how his career is panning out.

Lee Riley is a genuine decent bloke who has also gone on to better things, yet was slated by clueless individuals on here.

Not sure how this conversation has turned to this, but people making out BBM was a terrible manager etc are wrong. As anybody with half a brain can see, he was better than the majority of the deadwood we’ve endured over the last 40 years regardless of his flaws.

If you genuinely think BBM was sat there stroking his beard pondering about how he could bring RAFC to its knees and sink us to non-league I’m genuinely worried about your mental well-being.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:04 - Apr 1 with 4869 viewsfourfourtwo

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:02 - Apr 1 by sxdale

BBM is the 2nd most culpable person for the decline of our club after B*****d Bottomly.

The current BOD football decision making have more harm to this club than BBM could ever have dreamed of.

That’s not to say it has been done intentionally, their management of the club in the midst of the hostile takeover has been absolutely disastrous.

The decision to not sack Stockdale last season has been far more harmful than BBM resigning.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:15 - Apr 1 with 4819 viewsJames1980

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:04 - Apr 1 by fourfourtwo

The current BOD football decision making have more harm to this club than BBM could ever have dreamed of.

That’s not to say it has been done intentionally, their management of the club in the midst of the hostile takeover has been absolutely disastrous.

The decision to not sack Stockdale last season has been far more harmful than BBM resigning.

My latest poll is your fault letters

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:18 - Apr 1 with 4799 viewsfourfourtwo

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:15 - Apr 1 by James1980

My latest poll is your fault letters

Your poll isn’t what I said though is it.

I know some of the new directors and appreciate all the sh1t they’ve been through to wrestle the shares back from MH.

However that doesn’t excuse the ineptitude of footballing decisions made during the last two years.

Robbie Stockdale should never have seen last season out. For me, the primary reason we are about to be relegated from the football league is due to that decision.

It’s absolutely nothing to do with BBM.

Stockdale signed the crap, sold the quality, and signed even more crap last summer. Cameron John. £2500 a week. Never forget.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:40 - Apr 1 with 4706 viewsJames1980

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:18 - Apr 1 by fourfourtwo

I know some of the new directors and appreciate all the sh1t they’ve been through to wrestle the shares back from MH.

However that doesn’t excuse the ineptitude of footballing decisions made during the last two years.

Robbie Stockdale should never have seen last season out. For me, the primary reason we are about to be relegated from the football league is due to that decision.

Stockdale signed the crap, sold the quality, and signed even more crap last summer. Cameron John. £2500 a week. Never forget.

Fair dos but what was the alternative to this board?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:41 - Apr 1 with 4701 views442Dale

I think if you ask Stockdale, he wouldn’t have wanted to have sold the players that left whilst he was manager.

There are differing views on here about the last few managers we’ve have, the reality probably lies somewhere in the middle of them all. One thing is for sure though, everyone on here wanted all those managers to succeed and there’s no blame attached to supporters that none actually did, and it’s led to where we are.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:48 - Apr 1 with 4683 viewsMass_Debater

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:59 - Apr 1 by fourfourtwo

Stockdale has done more damage to this club than BBM ever did. If you can’t see that, you’re deluded.

Ultimately BBM treated his relationship with the club more in line with how the majority of us would deal with our careers at work. Little loyalty and a stepping stone to bigger things. Take the emotion out of it, you can’t really blame him when you see how his career is panning out.

Lee Riley is a genuine decent bloke who has also gone on to better things, yet was slated by clueless individuals on here.

Not sure how this conversation has turned to this, but people making out BBM was a terrible manager etc are wrong. As anybody with half a brain can see, he was better than the majority of the deadwood we’ve endured over the last 40 years regardless of his flaws.

If you genuinely think BBM was sat there stroking his beard pondering about how he could bring RAFC to its knees and sink us to non-league I’m genuinely worried about your mental well-being.

From someone who's had hissy fits over alleged personal abuse, you're one fookin hypocrite.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:02 - Apr 2 with 4042 viewselectricblue

John on £2.5 a week 😱

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:09 - Apr 2 with 4028 viewselectricblue

After Stockdales first season and given money to spend in January and then brings in tripe during the summer it is know wonder dale are in the mire regarding their lge status....

I also blame Jimmy Shan aswell as he must have had a major imput bringing Ball, Charman, Campbell to the club..

Whatever lge Dale play in next season a manager who as a bit of clout will be needed to bring in the players.....

Who is realistic available though.....

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:34 - Apr 2 with 3975 views442Dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:09 - Apr 2 by electricblue

After Stockdales first season and given money to spend in January and then brings in tripe during the summer it is know wonder dale are in the mire regarding their lge status....

I also blame Jimmy Shan aswell as he must have had a major imput bringing Ball, Charman, Campbell to the club..

Whatever lge Dale play in next season a manager who as a bit of clout will be needed to bring in the players.....

Who is realistic available though.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f7gkzr

From 14:15:
“… unfortunately we had to sell a lot of players during that period just to carry on going and clear the debts in the club. That puts you a really difficult disadvantage when six… five or six players that build that culture that you talk about all disappear in one go. Ideally you just want to get rid of one or two a year and have a small changeover. So that’s a really difficult thing to manage and isn’t easy”

Taking that into account, if the sales were necessary financially, why did we then go out and spend money on those three signings last January?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 14:19 - Apr 2 with 3912 viewsEllDale

Stockdale’s/Shan’s recruitment was crap but the rot sent in in my opinion when the likes of Morley, Beesley and O’Keeffe all left the club at the start of the transfer window in January 2022.
COK retuned of course but only as a shadow of his former self.
Prior to that the team looked good, running Plymouth close in the cup and beating Newport at home in one of the most enjoyable performances of the last couple of years.
I know that Dale are a selling club but, if Morley and Beesley were sold through necessity, then why pay fees for Charman, Ball and Campbell?
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 14:23 - Apr 2 with 3899 viewselectricblue

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:34 - Apr 2 by 442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f7gkzr

From 14:15:
“… unfortunately we had to sell a lot of players during that period just to carry on going and clear the debts in the club. That puts you a really difficult disadvantage when six… five or six players that build that culture that you talk about all disappear in one go. Ideally you just want to get rid of one or two a year and have a small changeover. So that’s a really difficult thing to manage and isn’t easy”

Taking that into account, if the sales were necessary financially, why did we then go out and spend money on those three signings last January?

Surely the BoD knew back at the time that the finances where borderline and thus spending money in January would stretch the club financially..

Surely they would not run their busnesses in a similar way so why do it to the football club......

Selling players like Rathbone etc didnt help at all infact any club in the efl would be the same......

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 08:54 - Apr 3 with 3462 viewsmikehunt

But wouldn’t the players have had clauses in their contracts allowing them to leave if a particular asking price was met?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 10:39 - Apr 3 with 3297 viewselectricblue

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 14:19 - Apr 2 by EllDale

Stockdale’s/Shan’s recruitment was crap but the rot sent in in my opinion when the likes of Morley, Beesley and O’Keeffe all left the club at the start of the transfer window in January 2022.
COK retuned of course but only as a shadow of his former self.
Prior to that the team looked good, running Plymouth close in the cup and beating Newport at home in one of the most enjoyable performances of the last couple of years.
I know that Dale are a selling club but, if Morley and Beesley were sold through necessity, then why pay fees for Charman, Ball and Campbell?

The o ly reason we all can think of is the amount offered was agrred in their contracts or it was more than that...

Just look at what the money was wasted upon Ball, Campbell, Charman and 12months later look where they are...

Charman sold and i hope that Dale recouped their fee for him.
Ball is a different player than last season his spell of play was good when he got into the 11 and this season what as changed?
Is he frustrated as they way the team was set up didnt suit him so he showed that he as a atittude on the pitch...
He is a better player than what he as showed this season....
As i have said in other posts is keep him for next season if no change then loan or sell him..
Campbell showed a few nice touches of what he can be capable of and then injured...
Eventually loaned out...
A preseason will do him a world of good again if he shows nothing loan or sell him on....

So those 3 players are a poor replacements for those who where sold..

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 12:25 - Apr 3 with 3132 viewsJames1980

How long did those 3 players sold have left on their contracts? Also the signings in Jan 2022 were seen as somewhat of a coup.

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:37 - Apr 3 with 2783 viewsA_Newby

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 12:25 - Apr 3 by James1980

How long did those 3 players sold have left on their contracts? Also the signings in Jan 2022 were seen as somewhat of a coup.

Aaron Morley's contract was until the summer of 2022, so getting a fee for him in January 2022 was probably a good move. Jake Beesley's contact was until September 2023, but he wanted to move on given the opportunity to play in the championship.

You are right the signings of Ball, Campbell and Charman were positively received at the time.

It was later revealed by Jimmy Shan in an interview after he had left the club that “the two best players in the team (Morley and Beesley) had been sold from under them and Rochdale had no scouting system and no replacements planned.”

The new players, Ball etc were signed based on him and Robbie Stockdale watching videos.

He seemed to see himself and Robbie Stockdale as just team coaches and not managers.

I think that Hill or BBM would have anticipated some movement out of the squad in the January window and would have already had had some targets in mind.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:15 - Apr 3 with 2706 viewsTVOS1907

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:37 - Apr 3 by A_Newby

Aaron Morley's contract was until the summer of 2022, so getting a fee for him in January 2022 was probably a good move. Jake Beesley's contact was until September 2023, but he wanted to move on given the opportunity to play in the championship.

You are right the signings of Ball, Campbell and Charman were positively received at the time.

It was later revealed by Jimmy Shan in an interview after he had left the club that “the two best players in the team (Morley and Beesley) had been sold from under them and Rochdale had no scouting system and no replacements planned.”

The new players, Ball etc were signed based on him and Robbie Stockdale watching videos.

He seemed to see himself and Robbie Stockdale as just team coaches and not managers.

I think that Hill or BBM would have anticipated some movement out of the squad in the January window and would have already had had some targets in mind.

Shan managed Ball at Solihull Moors.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:25 - Apr 3 with 2661 views442Dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:37 - Apr 3 by A_Newby

But taking into account the reasons for the sales, those you say and those mentioned in the interview on GMR, why did we then go and spend money on replacements if we had to sell to “carry on going”?

Surely it would have made more sense to look at replacements which wouldn’t incur transfer fees and on quite long contracts?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/lukecharmanjoinsdale/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/tahvoncampbelljoinsdale/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/jamesballjoinsdale/

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:38 - Apr 3 with 2558 viewsA_Newby

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:25 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

But taking into account the reasons for the sales, those you say and those mentioned in the interview on GMR, why did we then go and spend money on replacements if we had to sell to “carry on going”?

Surely it would have made more sense to look at replacements which wouldn’t incur transfer fees and on quite long contracts?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/lukecharmanjoinsdale/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/tahvoncampbelljoinsdale/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/jamesballjoinsdale/

To answer your question directly.

Yes, it would have made far more sense to have looked for replacements with no or small transfer fees and then them offered shorter term contracts.

I was trying to make the point that our previous managers would have been anticipating possible January moves. Morley moving in particular was predictable.

They would have been looking for players months before the transfer window started, in fact they would be constantly looking at prospects that could improve the squad.

They did not expect a “recruitment team” or scouts, they knew that they had to do it all themselves with any help they could get from others employed at the club.

I don’t know it for a fact, but it seemed that Robbie Stockdale and Jimmy Shan only started looking for possible additions to the squad after the transfer window had started when Beesley and Morley had already left.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:52 - Apr 3 with 2526 viewsTVOS1907

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:38 - Apr 3 by A_Newby

Yes, it would have made far more sense to have looked for replacements with no or small transfer fees and then them offered shorter term contracts.

I was trying to make the point that our previous managers would have been anticipating possible January moves. Morley moving in particular was predictable.

They would have been looking for players months before the transfer window started, in fact they would be constantly looking at prospects that could improve the squad.

They did not expect a “recruitment team” or scouts, they knew that they had to do it all themselves with any help they could get from others employed at the club.

I don’t know it for a fact, but it seemed that Robbie Stockdale and Jimmy Shan only started looking for possible additions to the squad after the transfer window had started when Beesley and Morley had already left.

Is there evidence in the public domain about that being the case?

It was rumoured ahead of the postponed Colchester game (8th January) that those two were off, which was confirmed two days later. The month still had three weeks to run.

Surely you're not suggesting NOBODY at the club discussed the possibility with the management team long before the January window opened? Are you?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:53 - Apr 3 with 2521 views442Dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:38 - Apr 3 by A_Newby

Morley left on 11th Jan.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/aaronmorleyjoinsbolton/

Beesley the day before:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/jakebeesleydeparts/

In the story about Campbell joining, Stockdale mentions he was of the main targets at the start of the window and more details are here about how he looked at that window:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/robbieonjanwindowsofar/

Then we come to this from the chairman at the end of 2021, just before the window opened:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/december/christmasmessage2021/

Amongst other things, it’s clearly stated there that the club “has no need to sell any player in January 2022.”
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 21:54]

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 12:34 - Apr 4 with 2099 viewsAtThePeake

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:35 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

The football under BBM was some of the most boring, sterile rubbish that i've ever witnessed. It was an achievement to just get the ball in our opponents half in most of the games. He relegated a team that should have easily finished in mid table and he knew full well about the secret contract that he signed. He took the club for a ride and was comfortable working with Bottomley, why else would he have signed the contract?

On a more positive note, well done to Jim Mc Nulty today for getting a tune out of the player. He proved me wrong because I expected us to get a hammering. When was the last time we won two on the spin?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 18:41]

Not one to defend BBM too often, but I don't think it's fair at all to say we were boring under him (again, we scored more goals than Blackpool in that relegation season - and they won promotion). I think we were incredibly naive at the back and while there were boring games at times, there were far more entertaining, high-energy games under him than there have been under Bentley and Stockdale.

I'm also not convinced that he knew the contract was a 'secret' when you think about the way it was revealed at the Fans Forum.

Tangled up in blue.

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 14:21 - Apr 4 with 1942 viewsTalkingSutty

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 12:34 - Apr 4 by AtThePeake

Not one to defend BBM too often, but I don't think it's fair at all to say we were boring under him (again, we scored more goals than Blackpool in that relegation season - and they won promotion). I think we were incredibly naive at the back and while there were boring games at times, there were far more entertaining, high-energy games under him than there have been under Bentley and Stockdale.

I'm also not convinced that he knew the contract was a 'secret' when you think about the way it was revealed at the Fans Forum.

Well we'll have to beg to differ on that, for a long time during the lock down season ( around the time we played Stockport in the cup) we hardly had a shot on goal. The majority of home games were played in our own half building up the possession stats and passing it around our defence. We had a few games that bucked the trend but I remember that as being the dullest football I've ever witnessed. We haven't been very good under Stockdale and Bentley but we have at last looked to get forward instead of just passing for passing sakes. BBM relegated a decent team, his tactics did that I would suggest, alongside other factors. A manager who never saw winning football matches as the number one priority. He had his backers BBM but the reality was he should have been sacked around about that Stockport game.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 14:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024