Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes 08:53 - Feb 22 with 3645 viewspencoedjack

Have we had a worse captain in the last 20 years?

Kyle Bartley captained us once beside that I cant think of anyone.

I don't care how many backwards & side wards passes he makes he's abysmal.
Grimes on 12:43 - Feb 23 with 812 viewsKeithHaynes

Grimes on 10:15 - Feb 22 by union_jack

Indeed, I see no leadership or encouragement coming from Grimes. No clapping his hand and enthusing the players. He just plods on instilling absolutely nothing in his teammates.

Also, as a player he doesn’t do enough though I’m sure he’d be more capable under different guidance.

Leadership is his issue, well, visibly anyway.

Ash will tell anyone willing to listen he came of age by playing against John Terry, he would influence Refs, use his persuasive ( bullying at times ) persona to sway decisions and then inspire his team mates as a result. If the captain visibly cares then the team will. Then the fans see it, and the inspiration is complete.

I noticed Ash do this as he learned not only his craft on the pitch as a player but also as a captain. For me that’s a captain, Ash became a leader, Grimes may lead by example in his play and unassuming attitude, but there’s nothing there for me to see that’s inspirational.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Grimes on 13:09 - Feb 23 with 775 viewsunion_jack

Grimes on 12:43 - Feb 23 by KeithHaynes

Leadership is his issue, well, visibly anyway.

Ash will tell anyone willing to listen he came of age by playing against John Terry, he would influence Refs, use his persuasive ( bullying at times ) persona to sway decisions and then inspire his team mates as a result. If the captain visibly cares then the team will. Then the fans see it, and the inspiration is complete.

I noticed Ash do this as he learned not only his craft on the pitch as a player but also as a captain. For me that’s a captain, Ash became a leader, Grimes may lead by example in his play and unassuming attitude, but there’s nothing there for me to see that’s inspirational.

Spot bloody on!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Grimes on 13:12 - Feb 23 with 770 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Grimes on 12:37 - Feb 23 by Badlands

This thread is about Matty Grimes not Roy of the Rovers!

No idea who this Roy bloke is but imagine how good the more talented players could be if they had that level of professionalism? It’s a huge thing in modern football. If Gazza for example had the attitude and professionalism to go along with his mercurial talent we’d be talking about him alongside Messi, pele etc. England probably would have won the World Cup, he would have been the best ever. As it turned out he ended up in the Scottish pub league.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Grimes on 14:48 - Feb 23 with 728 viewsReslovenSwan1

The only way Martin can be allowed another season is by importing strong characters in his coaching team.

People like Ash Williams and Angel Rangel are tough and smart and would in my opinion not allow some of the laxness going on at Swansea week in week out. Even Garry Monk as defensive coach. (it is likely neither he or Martin could live with Monk being the assistant admittedly).

The idea that no one of quality would be prepared to manager Swansea on a tight budget is laughable. Grimes's play is a function of his coach. He is a high quality player so should be having more of an influence.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Grimes on 18:12 - Feb 23 with 667 viewspencoedjack

Grimes on 14:48 - Feb 23 by ReslovenSwan1

The only way Martin can be allowed another season is by importing strong characters in his coaching team.

People like Ash Williams and Angel Rangel are tough and smart and would in my opinion not allow some of the laxness going on at Swansea week in week out. Even Garry Monk as defensive coach. (it is likely neither he or Martin could live with Monk being the assistant admittedly).

The idea that no one of quality would be prepared to manager Swansea on a tight budget is laughable. Grimes's play is a function of his coach. He is a high quality player so should be having more of an influence.

Monk fairs do he’s had an excellent managerial career. 😂
Grimes on 20:44 - Feb 23 with 622 viewsDr_Winston

It should be obvious to anyone by now that Martin isn't the best at dealing with strong characters. There's not a chance on Earth that he'd accept an experienced pro advising him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Grimes on 21:23 - Feb 23 with 611 viewssw02sea

Let’s be honest, if we could get say £2-£3m for Grimes, would you be happy?
Grimes on 22:31 - Feb 23 with 582 viewsSTID2017

Grimes on 21:23 - Feb 23 by sw02sea

Let’s be honest, if we could get say £2-£3m for Grimes, would you be happy?

Would be a great deal tbh

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024