Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” 10:53 - Aug 21 with 9269 viewsBarrowdale

They can spend it watching that first goal over and over again til they get it through their thick heads that we cant pss around like we’re PSG in a training game.

For christ’s sake stop this utter stupidity!
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:14 - Aug 22 with 3168 viewsJames1980

Not sure we should take to much from that interview. Could be totally wrong, but along with lacking in confidence I would not be surprised if a few players are feeling somewhat guilty. It didn't sound as if RS had 'lost the dressing room' based on Simon's BBC RB interview. So they weren't going into the game with the weight of a disliked manager lifted off their shoulders. Jim wasn't going to say in that PMI. 'Do you know what these players would struggle playing a team of 11 year olds. My word they are absolute dog doo aren't they. Oii Simon me old mucker come over here. Right I quit as interim manager. You need a miracle worker to sort this lot out. Right whose coming to the pub'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:29 - Aug 22 with 3102 viewsBillyRudd

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:14 - Aug 22 by James1980

Not sure we should take to much from that interview. Could be totally wrong, but along with lacking in confidence I would not be surprised if a few players are feeling somewhat guilty. It didn't sound as if RS had 'lost the dressing room' based on Simon's BBC RB interview. So they weren't going into the game with the weight of a disliked manager lifted off their shoulders. Jim wasn't going to say in that PMI. 'Do you know what these players would struggle playing a team of 11 year olds. My word they are absolute dog doo aren't they. Oii Simon me old mucker come over here. Right I quit as interim manager. You need a miracle worker to sort this lot out. Right whose coming to the pub'

He vaguely reminded me of Sergeant Wilson. Don,t be a silly Pike, James.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:09 - Aug 22 with 2947 viewsToffeemanc

To be honest after you've watched us play on a Saturday recently every Monday feels like a recovery day to me. This is because it usually takes a couple of days to get the disbelief and frustration of what you've seen out of your system and for workmates to get bored and stop taking the piss.

One things for sure whether we are training or not it doesn't seem to make any difference at the weekends in terms of performance. It seems safe to assume that the training currently being done is either ineffective and not correctly addressing the issues we have or it is just of a poor quality that is seeing no improvement leading to the current dire displays currently seen.

Whoever gets the managers job is going to have a hell of job on to change the current situation.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:13 - Aug 22 with 2938 viewsgolfaduffy

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:09 - Aug 22 by Toffeemanc

To be honest after you've watched us play on a Saturday recently every Monday feels like a recovery day to me. This is because it usually takes a couple of days to get the disbelief and frustration of what you've seen out of your system and for workmates to get bored and stop taking the piss.

One things for sure whether we are training or not it doesn't seem to make any difference at the weekends in terms of performance. It seems safe to assume that the training currently being done is either ineffective and not correctly addressing the issues we have or it is just of a poor quality that is seeing no improvement leading to the current dire displays currently seen.

Whoever gets the managers job is going to have a hell of job on to change the current situation.

Oh so true. Either the coaching and fitness work is substandard, or the players are not good enough. I suspect it is a combination of the two things.

Either way, we need a complete re-set off the pitch as things have only gone worse under BBM and latterly RS.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:19 - Aug 22 with 2915 viewsD_Alien

Given the previous coaching roles held by RS, could well be that he was coaching/training as if the players were playing in the Championship or above, and therefore had a higher degree of "footballing intelligence"

If so, no wonder there was some dissonance between what was happening on the training pitch and the L2 pitch. But that also provides a degree of hope that it won't be such a huge job for the incumbent to turn things round; just simplify it, put a smile on their faces and in the medium term create some flexibility around match situations

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:08 - Aug 22 with 2772 viewsDalenet

Brilliant
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 08:07 - Aug 23 with 2295 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:29 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

Not sure if you noticed how we were kicking off under Stockdale, it was a ball out wide into the opponent’s half. That was perfectly fine.

Yeah it usually went directly out for a throw in. As for Nelson's back pass, anyone who has ever played football will know that it can happen to anyone. Even the best players in the world do it and you can see it every weekend on EFL highlights or MOTD.
I'm sure the lad feels bad enough without people continually going on about it. It has happened, get over it.
Tonight's result has the potential to be far worse, so at least Saturday can be forgotten about.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 08:28 - Aug 23 with 2261 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I'd imagine that it has been like that for the past 💯 years, except for the odd exceptional season. To watch us in the 1930's must have been purgatory but crowds were still 2 or 3 times bigger.
Login to get fewer ads

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 08:45 - Aug 23 with 2222 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:39 - Aug 21 by electricblue

Yes he did state that MONDAY is a recovery day......

Monday IS a recovery day after a game on Saturday. This is because injuries, knocks, strains etc. only come to light after a certain period. Fitness can't be assessed the day after a game as the body is recovering from tiredness which masks potential injuries. The 2nd day as anyone who played will know, is the day you feel all the aches and pains and stiffness. Obviously players recover at different rates depending on age/fitness/metabolism but a happy medium has to be met to satisfy the whole squad.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 09:05 - Aug 23 with 2190 viewsTalkingSutty

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 08:45 - Aug 23 by RooleyMoorBlue

Monday IS a recovery day after a game on Saturday. This is because injuries, knocks, strains etc. only come to light after a certain period. Fitness can't be assessed the day after a game as the body is recovering from tiredness which masks potential injuries. The 2nd day as anyone who played will know, is the day you feel all the aches and pains and stiffness. Obviously players recover at different rates depending on age/fitness/metabolism but a happy medium has to be met to satisfy the whole squad.

So if that’s the case and i genuinely don’t know, that would mean that every time we have a Tuesday game the players only have a full training session on Friday. Two of the days are game days and four are recovery days? A ex pro informs me that even if there was a mid week game,Monday was always a full training day and those carrying injuries were assessed, Thursday was a full training day and Friday was used to go through drills and tactics to prepare for the Saturday game. It was about twenty years ago when he played though. If they didn’t perform then they were called in for extra training on the Sunday. If what you are suggesting is the normal format for every club then it obviously works because footballers are probably fitter now than they have ever been. The fact that they don’t get a full training session in between a Saturday afternoon and Tuesday evening does surprise me though. It might be a good question to ask the manager at the next fans forum.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 9:17]
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:04 - Aug 23 with 1996 viewsBillyRudd

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 09:05 - Aug 23 by TalkingSutty

So if that’s the case and i genuinely don’t know, that would mean that every time we have a Tuesday game the players only have a full training session on Friday. Two of the days are game days and four are recovery days? A ex pro informs me that even if there was a mid week game,Monday was always a full training day and those carrying injuries were assessed, Thursday was a full training day and Friday was used to go through drills and tactics to prepare for the Saturday game. It was about twenty years ago when he played though. If they didn’t perform then they were called in for extra training on the Sunday. If what you are suggesting is the normal format for every club then it obviously works because footballers are probably fitter now than they have ever been. The fact that they don’t get a full training session in between a Saturday afternoon and Tuesday evening does surprise me though. It might be a good question to ask the manager at the next fans forum.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 9:17]

I would agree TS that in general footballers are fitter now than at any other time in history, which is probably the case for all sports.
Unfortunately, from what I am witnessing I cannot say the same about our squad. Teams we have played have a noticeably higher tempo than we do especially when we have possession and they are closing us down. Other than first half spells against Crewe and Grimsby, the only instances we have had time on the ball and looked comfortable with it have been when teams have been ahead and decided to protect what they have.
I can only draw the conclusion that we are either not as fit as them, we are less motivated to the cause, we are being told to play like that, we have a victim mentality or we are bone idle.
If RB is correct about rest days (and I have no idea) then your conclusion of one full training day (if having a Tuesday game) is totally logical.
You would think they would be glad of stretching their legs on match days, with a driving will to win, with all that pent up energy. As yet I remain to be convinced we have that in us. Sincerely hope I am proved wrong, and soon.
Up the Dale
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:15 - Aug 23 with 1973 viewsEllDale

A neighbour of my mum's told me that on the morning after the Burton game the first team squad were using the swimming pool on Entwistle Road as part of the recovery schedule from the previous night.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:28 - Aug 23 with 1946 viewsJames1980

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:15 - Aug 23 by EllDale

A neighbour of my mum's told me that on the morning after the Burton game the first team squad were using the swimming pool on Entwistle Road as part of the recovery schedule from the previous night.

As long as they weren't frolicking about with inflatables.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:57 - Aug 23 with 1875 viewsD_Alien

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:28 - Aug 23 by James1980

As long as they weren't frolicking about with inflatables.

Sorry to report James, but they were. It was part of their zonal marking routine

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:11 - Aug 23 with 1827 viewsBrierls

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:57 - Aug 23 by D_Alien

Sorry to report James, but they were. It was part of their zonal marking routine

If that's the case, I'd suggest they were impersonating inflatables. Bobbing around, waiting for something to come to them.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:25 - Aug 23 with 1704 viewsDalenet

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:15 - Aug 23 by EllDale

Nothing wrong with that. The players that used to stay at the Norton Grange as part of their loan deals were often in the gym, sauna and pool there. The only exception was Conrad Logan who was often seen exercising in the breakfast room.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:46 - Aug 23 with 1658 viewsD_Alien

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:25 - Aug 23 by Dalenet

Nothing wrong with that. The players that used to stay at the Norton Grange as part of their loan deals were often in the gym, sauna and pool there. The only exception was Conrad Logan who was often seen exercising in the breakfast room.

His mandibles?

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:52 - Aug 23 with 1636 viewsDaleiLama

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:46 - Aug 23 by D_Alien

His mandibles?

The buffet counter looked like it would take a lot of shifting, but there was a fair amount of visual evidence to suggest he gave it his best shot!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 14:48 - Aug 23 with 1549 viewsD_Alien

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:52 - Aug 23 by DaleiLama

The buffet counter looked like it would take a lot of shifting, but there was a fair amount of visual evidence to suggest he gave it his best shot!

Or took his kitbag and 'saved' some for later

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 14:57 - Aug 23 with 1533 viewsTalkingSutty

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:04 - Aug 23 by BillyRudd

I would agree TS that in general footballers are fitter now than at any other time in history, which is probably the case for all sports.
Unfortunately, from what I am witnessing I cannot say the same about our squad. Teams we have played have a noticeably higher tempo than we do especially when we have possession and they are closing us down. Other than first half spells against Crewe and Grimsby, the only instances we have had time on the ball and looked comfortable with it have been when teams have been ahead and decided to protect what they have.
I can only draw the conclusion that we are either not as fit as them, we are less motivated to the cause, we are being told to play like that, we have a victim mentality or we are bone idle.
If RB is correct about rest days (and I have no idea) then your conclusion of one full training day (if having a Tuesday game) is totally logical.
You would think they would be glad of stretching their legs on match days, with a driving will to win, with all that pent up energy. As yet I remain to be convinced we have that in us. Sincerely hope I am proved wrong, and soon.
Up the Dale

I asked a question at the fans forum which related to the suitability of the training set up down at the cricket club. The reason i asked it was two fold, our inability to defend set pieces and i have also seen a few players literally gasping for breath thirty minutes into the game unable to get up and down the pitch, blowing out of their backsides, the intensity of the game was too much and they couldn't play a pressing game. Two midfield players who i am reluctant to mention because maybe they might be carrying injuries. My question was answered by Stockdale and apparently there is no full sized pitch for us to train on at the cricket club , whether that contributes to our problems i don't really know but surely that can't be good for a professional football club.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 15:00]
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 15:01 - Aug 23 with 1520 viewsAtThePeake

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 14:57 - Aug 23 by TalkingSutty

I asked a question at the fans forum which related to the suitability of the training set up down at the cricket club. The reason i asked it was two fold, our inability to defend set pieces and i have also seen a few players literally gasping for breath thirty minutes into the game unable to get up and down the pitch, blowing out of their backsides, the intensity of the game was too much and they couldn't play a pressing game. Two midfield players who i am reluctant to mention because maybe they might be carrying injuries. My question was answered by Stockdale and apparently there is no full sized pitch for us to train on at the cricket club , whether that contributes to our problems i don't really know but surely that can't be good for a professional football club.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 15:00]

And I suspect one of the first questions a potential new manager might ask the club would be regarding training facilities.

Tangled up in blue.

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 15:24 - Aug 23 with 1430 viewsTalkingSutty

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 15:01 - Aug 23 by AtThePeake

And I suspect one of the first questions a potential new manager might ask the club would be regarding training facilities.

I'm hoping so. The cricket club seems like a nice set up and it's on the doorstep but if it's not really ticking all the boxes then maybe the club will have to look at a bit of a mix and match, still use the CC for certain aspects of training and rent a complex for maybe a couple of days per week elsewhere? I know we used to rent Platt Lane in Moss Side. A few years ago Hill did comment that there was nowhere suitable in the borough with enough pitches for us to train and he also mentioned the neccessity for a all weather pitch to be available. I'm sure he said that you have to have two full sized football pitches. The arrangement at the CC probably suits both parties and is a good set up for the players with catering and recreation facilities on site but that isn't the priority when it comes to training.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 15:32 - Aug 23 with 1395 viewsEllDale

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 15:01 - Aug 23 by AtThePeake

Especially someone such as Artell who is accustomed to the state of the art facility at Crewe.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 19:03 - Aug 23 with 1161 viewsTalkingSutty

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 15:32 - Aug 23 by EllDale

Especially someone such as Artell who is accustomed to the state of the art facility at Crewe.

Well i think somebody with experience of the lower leagues and what is required to pull a struggling club up by it's breeches is definitely required. No disrespect to all of those in the Boardroom and the majority of staff at the club, there is hardly anybody with any experience of how best to support the manager and what is really required at this level. None of them are football people, they have all been successful in other walks of life and are learning on the job when it comes to the footballing side. A proper football man with a strong character who has had success would not only benefit the players but would also prove to be very valuable when it came to advising the Chairman and Directors going forward. It would benefit the whole of the club i think. Those in the Boardroom are doing us all proud but to expect them to have the experience to cover all bases so soon is asking too much i think, especially with the off field battle still going on. I mentioned Flitcroft but it doesn't have to be him, somebody similar who knows his way around a football club and what is needed, maybe Artell does tick a lot of those boxes?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 19:08]
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 19:40 - Aug 23 with 1088 viewsD_Alien

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 19:03 - Aug 23 by TalkingSutty

Well i think somebody with experience of the lower leagues and what is required to pull a struggling club up by it's breeches is definitely required. No disrespect to all of those in the Boardroom and the majority of staff at the club, there is hardly anybody with any experience of how best to support the manager and what is really required at this level. None of them are football people, they have all been successful in other walks of life and are learning on the job when it comes to the footballing side. A proper football man with a strong character who has had success would not only benefit the players but would also prove to be very valuable when it came to advising the Chairman and Directors going forward. It would benefit the whole of the club i think. Those in the Boardroom are doing us all proud but to expect them to have the experience to cover all bases so soon is asking too much i think, especially with the off field battle still going on. I mentioned Flitcroft but it doesn't have to be him, somebody similar who knows his way around a football club and what is needed, maybe Artell does tick a lot of those boxes?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 19:08]

Great comment, TS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024