Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday 21:23 - Jul 4 with 16680 viewsHeskrover

It seems that this match is happening and tickets are on sale. Nice!
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:04 - Jul 11 with 1693 viewsTeddRanger

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 08:45 - Jul 11 by GaryBannisterswedge

Gazza, I disagree with your whole stance here, the point of these games is purely a fitness and match practice angle from us and some much needed revenue for Hampton, it was also an opportunity for us as football supporters to go to a game again, see some familiar faces , watch a game etc etc, to me as I’m local to Hampton it was a win win win situation and a nice afternoon. The result and performance were completely irrelevant to QPRs season ahead at first team, u23s , u18s level( only first teamer was the 12.5million rated Mr Kane who looked shaky at the start, got a bit better as the first half went on and was subbed in second half) To read into that result in any way is ludicrous

Agree with every point you make GBW.

I realised ages ago that Gazza likes being contrary and read his posts accordingly.

You were right about Kane. He looked confused defensively early on, improved and played a gorgeous ball down the line with back spin for the winger to run onto.

I know big things are expected of Sinclair Armstrong. He came on after an hour and played wide left. Didn’t make much of an impression but think his natural position in centre forward.

Thought our second goal ( taken neatly) was scored by Charlie Kelman but could be wrong.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:18 - Jul 11 with 1643 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 08:40 - Jul 11 by Northernr

It was literally men against boys, they had some big hairy arsed non leaguers out there and some of ours were kids - keeper for the second half was a 17 yo in his first men’s match for instance. Might do a little write up this morning.

I cant see it that way Norf, some of these guys are professionals, full time professionals, been at QPR for years, played for Arsenal and other pro clubs, they are going to come across 'hairy arsed' footballers all their careers. Many of these guys are big enough and old enough to be able to deal with monsters. Kane, say no more!!! Many of them are our U23 squad!!!

A 4-2 defeat against a pretty second rate non-league side who cannot be as fit as our guys is not good and I fail to see how it is perceived to be OK.

Only my opinion,like!!!
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:22 - Jul 11 with 1636 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:04 - Jul 11 by TeddRanger

I realised ages ago that Gazza likes being contrary and read his posts accordingly.

You were right about Kane. He looked confused defensively early on, improved and played a gorgeous ball down the line with back spin for the winger to run onto.

I know big things are expected of Sinclair Armstrong. He came on after an hour and played wide left. Didn’t make much of an impression but think his natural position in centre forward.

Thought our second goal ( taken neatly) was scored by Charlie Kelman but could be wrong.

Contrary eh, purely because I have a different but very valid opinion. 4-2 is not good!!!

Kane played a gorgeous ball down the line (just one or many??)....wow, fantastic!! Kane was confused!!!

Expectations eh!!!
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:28 - Jul 11 with 1620 viewsNorthernr

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:18 - Jul 11 by gazza1

I cant see it that way Norf, some of these guys are professionals, full time professionals, been at QPR for years, played for Arsenal and other pro clubs, they are going to come across 'hairy arsed' footballers all their careers. Many of these guys are big enough and old enough to be able to deal with monsters. Kane, say no more!!! Many of them are our U23 squad!!!

A 4-2 defeat against a pretty second rate non-league side who cannot be as fit as our guys is not good and I fail to see how it is perceived to be OK.

Only my opinion,like!!!

Well look there were certainly half a dozen out there that on that evidence I don't think have a chance of making it professionally in a month of Sundays, but it's their first game back, it's a fitness exercise, and some of them were 16-17 year olds playing against men so I'm not going to read a lot into it or be too harsh on them.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:41 - Jul 11 with 1580 viewsSir_Chops

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:02 - Jul 11 by gazza1

I agree....but we should not be loosing football matches like that opposition.

Don't forget this is the same Hampton who gave Oldham a tough afternoon in the FA Cup last season. They're not push-overs. Last year, we had two on loan at Eastbourne Borough, another on loan at Oxford City - all at the same level as Hampton.

While you'd hope to see some of those get loans to Conference National clubs as a progression in their development this year, others will be farmed out to clubs like Hampton.

Forget having Todd Kane in the starting XI, if it gave the youngsters a proper test and told the coaching team a thing or two, then yesterday's game did it's job.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:43 - Jul 11 with 1576 viewsQPR_Jim

If you can't try out players and make some changes in preseason, then when can you?
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:49 - Jul 11 with 1551 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:28 - Jul 11 by Northernr

Well look there were certainly half a dozen out there that on that evidence I don't think have a chance of making it professionally in a month of Sundays, but it's their first game back, it's a fitness exercise, and some of them were 16-17 year olds playing against men so I'm not going to read a lot into it or be too harsh on them.

Im not being harsh on them at all.....just saying 4-2 against part time footballers is not good however some think it is. not me, apologies and all that for having a 'contrary' opinion!!!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 9:51]
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:57 - Jul 11 with 1530 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:04 - Jul 11 by TeddRanger

Thanks Tedd, if Sinclair Armstrong was no 23 then I agree he looked decent, hungry and wanted the ball always
Login to get fewer ads

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 10:21 - Jul 11 with 1447 viewsfrancisbowles

I wasn't at the game so apart from 'pre season friendly result is irrelevant' it's about the individuals performance and not really the team, it's for match fitness and the coaches seeing where each player is in their development and what is still needed.

So no problem with result etc.

What I do have a problem with though, is the lack of thought going into the administration of this game. Great that the DOF did his PR bit but very unprofessional and discourteous to those that attended to not give a proper team sheet and subs list to all those who needed it. Even if we had thought we had done, was it too much to expect someone to go to the announcer and give him an update.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 10:25 - Jul 11 with 1434 viewsmikeygunn

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 09:49 - Jul 11 by gazza1

Im not being harsh on them at all.....just saying 4-2 against part time footballers is not good however some think it is. not me, apologies and all that for having a 'contrary' opinion!!!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 9:51]

For context, check out some buildabase ldv vans paint trophy from last season. All the prem teams get overturned by league one and league 2. Winning isn’t what a game is always about, however silly that sounds.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 11:56 - Jul 11 with 1333 viewsNorthernr

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 10:21 - Jul 11 by francisbowles

I wasn't at the game so apart from 'pre season friendly result is irrelevant' it's about the individuals performance and not really the team, it's for match fitness and the coaches seeing where each player is in their development and what is still needed.

So no problem with result etc.

What I do have a problem with though, is the lack of thought going into the administration of this game. Great that the DOF did his PR bit but very unprofessional and discourteous to those that attended to not give a proper team sheet and subs list to all those who needed it. Even if we had thought we had done, was it too much to expect someone to go to the announcer and give him an update.

I did find it slightly strange, given some of the stuff that does get Tweeted about, that to look at QPR's socials yesterday you would never have even known a game was happening.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 12:28 - Jul 11 with 1244 views80s_Boy

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 05:52 - Jul 11 by nix

Well I'm hoping at least one of you is joking: Gazza clearly is revelling in being contrary (it's such a rich seam all this building for the future, being sustainable, playing nice football, being stable in the coaching and management team, why aren't we all up in arms) anyway it passes the time before the season starts, and hopefully keeps Clive in T shirts. And oz is surely tongue in cheek, I really hope so.

I'm glad people enjoyed the match. Did anyone stand out at all? I'm pleased our U23s are getting some match time against people who are at the real sharp end of football. It's unrealistic to think all of our young guys are going to make it but if only one of them becomes a Rob Dickie and one in every three years becomes a Dykes or a Chair then it's more than paying for itself. We have to remember that Eze has turned our club round and he wouldn't have come to us without a proper youth system.

Ha ha, I'm definitely joking!

Friendlies should always be taken seriously as competive training sessions but no more, no less.

For the players of Hampton and Richmond, with all due respect, it will mean the chance to beat a bigger side and, for some, a chance, possibly, to impress the opponent's scouts/management team but for a club of our size and stature it's about fitness and trialing different combination of players and, on occasions, different tactics/formations.

One thing to take into account is also the romantic notion of non-league and players is very dated. With the influx of overseas players in the football league a lot of players who would normally have played in higher leagues ply their trade in far lower echelons.

Fitness and tactical knowledge are also very different from about 10-15 years ago.

MW should be slightly disappointed that whatever was tried yesterday didn't work but beyond trying to understand what we can take forward from it and what clearly doesn't work there is no need for deep reflection or panic.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:25 - Jul 11 with 1189 viewsgazza1

I don't know but I would suggest that the coaches & staff would be 'pulling their hair' out with a result like that because the all round performances of most of those professionals out on that pitch must have been pretty average......I would suggest that much of the players decision making was not good, their football skills were not seen and their attitudes were not in the right place.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:34 - Jul 11 with 1174 viewskensalriser

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 08:40 - Jul 11 by Northernr

It was literally men against boys, they had some big hairy arsed non leaguers out there and some of ours were kids - keeper for the second half was a 17 yo in his first men’s match for instance. Might do a little write up this morning.

Assuming here that the comment on posterial hirsuteness is metaphorical rather than experiential.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:40 - Jul 11 with 1164 viewsstowmarketrange

I looked at the team sheet yesterday and it was as follows
Max Little
Kane
Innocent
Mahorn
Kefalas
Jude-Boyd
McKenna
Frailing
De Silva
Adarkwa
Alfa

Subs
Solomon Gk
Mclean
Pitblado
Woodman
Domi
Drewe
Williams-Lowe
Ahoraha
Conte
Mema
Kendall
Armstrong
Kargbo

So hardly a 1st team squad,and only 1 player in it who has actually played in the 1st team,apart from sub appearances,so although I was disappointed about the result,some perspective needs to be shown by some people who seem to have thrown the toys out because we lost to the better team on the day.It was a friendly game to give most of them the experience of playing against different opposition.It Isn't the end of the world because we lost to Hampton and Richmond in a friendly.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:44 - Jul 11 with 1156 viewsterryb

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:25 - Jul 11 by gazza1

I don't know but I would suggest that the coaches & staff would be 'pulling their hair' out with a result like that because the all round performances of most of those professionals out on that pitch must have been pretty average......I would suggest that much of the players decision making was not good, their football skills were not seen and their attitudes were not in the right place.

And I would doubt that any of the Hampton side haven't spent all of their childhood/youth playing football for EFL or Premier clubs! Some of them would have far more experience of professional clubs than our players (Kane excepted). And that their combined income from full time work & part time professional footballers is greater than most of the players that played for Rangers yesterday.

A mainly youth team losing to a National League side is quite common.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:51 - Jul 11 with 1144 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:44 - Jul 11 by terryb

And I would doubt that any of the Hampton side haven't spent all of their childhood/youth playing football for EFL or Premier clubs! Some of them would have far more experience of professional clubs than our players (Kane excepted). And that their combined income from full time work & part time professional footballers is greater than most of the players that played for Rangers yesterday.

Not what what you are basing that story on, and it is just a story, tbh........not a lot of it holds any water!!!!
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:53 - Jul 11 with 1133 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:25 - Jul 11 by gazza1

A very thought provoking insight of the game from Gazza's armchair! I'll make my mind up by listening to reports from people who actually went to the game and offer a positive yet objective take of a pre-season game played out by an academy team made up as has been stated by mainly 17 to 19 year olds who have yet to play a professional game and a Non league side of vastly more experience in both life and football.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:54 - Jul 11 with 1127 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:44 - Jul 11 by terryb

My comments were......

TBH, for us to loose against a side of that calibre whatever team we put out I find it quite unbelievable.......4-2 against a side that play non league stuff is not very good at all.

.....and posters are taking umbridge. If anyone thinks otherwise then that is fine but dont moan that I thought otherwise.

I agree the result does not matter but sadly results and performances generally go 'hand in hand'.
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 14:04 - Jul 11 with 1103 viewsqpr_1968

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 10:25 - Jul 11 by mikeygunn

For context, check out some buildabase ldv vans paint trophy from last season. All the prem teams get overturned by league one and league 2. Winning isn’t what a game is always about, however silly that sounds.

thats the spirit mikey, lets go out and lose every game, keeps the opponents interested i suppose.....jokes aside, games like hampton and richmond, u23 friendlies are just a run a round and fitness trial, especially pre season.

but every fan has a different view, no one is right and no one is wrong.
gazza makes some good valid points, a lot i agree with.

i certainly, as a paying customer, and remember this was'nt a game over the scrubs, hate losing any match, no matter what the contest.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 14:10 - Jul 11 with 1087 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:53 - Jul 11 by Welsh_Ranger

A very thought provoking insight of the game from Gazza's armchair! I'll make my mind up by listening to reports from people who actually went to the game and offer a positive yet objective take of a pre-season game played out by an academy team made up as has been stated by mainly 17 to 19 year olds who have yet to play a professional game and a Non league side of vastly more experience in both life and football.

Many of those QPR players are U23 squad players, some in 1st team squads....so not sure where you get data from!!!! Not sure what you mean by 'yet to play a professional game' means either!!!

You appear to know the Hampton squad too.....fair play
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 14:10 - Jul 11 with 1087 viewsterryb

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 13:51 - Jul 11 by gazza1

Not what what you are basing that story on, and it is just a story, tbh........not a lot of it holds any water!!!!

Really?

Most of the players at the next level down were at professional clubs till late teenage at the least. Perhaps it is you that is out of date with the non-league scene? Even the Eastern Counties League is full of players who were at EFL/Premier clubs although not many would have been full time professionals.

At a lot lower level, Sunday Morning football, my club had one season when we played five ex professionals nearly every match. Two of those had never made a first team appearance in the FL, one had played for the first team at Wigan & Colchester. The other two had played in Division one & two. One of them making his first team debut at Wembley in the Charity Shield & the other having played in the 6th round of the FA Cup. Funnily enough, we didn't win anything that year!
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 14:28 - Jul 11 with 1055 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 14:10 - Jul 11 by terryb

Really?

Most of the players at the next level down were at professional clubs till late teenage at the least. Perhaps it is you that is out of date with the non-league scene? Even the Eastern Counties League is full of players who were at EFL/Premier clubs although not many would have been full time professionals.

At a lot lower level, Sunday Morning football, my club had one season when we played five ex professionals nearly every match. Two of those had never made a first team appearance in the FL, one had played for the first team at Wigan & Colchester. The other two had played in Division one & two. One of them making his first team debut at Wembley in the Charity Shield & the other having played in the 6th round of the FA Cup. Funnily enough, we didn't win anything that year!

Maybe standards have dropped and pro Clubs hold more youngsters in hope of money rewards but the players that QPR were playing against yesterday for whatever reason should not be beating a QPR team 4-2 with those sort of players we had out there playing......these Rangers players should be at a higher level than all of the Hampton players in terms of fitness, preparation & motivation and others things too.

So, imho, I think it is 'not good' or whatever I said. I do not think that is unfair or wrong.

END OF!!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 14:29]
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 14:44 - Jul 11 with 1032 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 14:10 - Jul 11 by gazza1

Many of those QPR players are U23 squad players, some in 1st team squads....so not sure where you get data from!!!! Not sure what you mean by 'yet to play a professional game' means either!!!

You appear to know the Hampton squad too.....fair play

As usual trying to enter into a conversation with you is like entertaining a child, i'm all for having differing opinions but don't belittle someone else with emojis!

Ages of the players listed below for you Gazza, most just starting careers as professionals. Not sure what i mean by professional game? Then i would educate yourself! It generally is taken to mean that they haven't played in a league game i.e the Championship and its generally referred to as a turn of phrase.

Max Little (17)
Kane (27)
Innocent (20)
Mahorn (20)
Kefalas (20)
Jude-Boyd (18)
McKenna (20)
Frailing (19)
De Silva (19)
Adarkwa (20)
Alfa (22)

Subs
Solomon Gk -(18)
Mclean (17)
Pitblado (18)
Woodman (19)
Domi (19)
Drewe(19)
Williams-Lowe(18)
Ahoraha (u18)
Conte(17)
Mema (17/18)
Kendall (18/19)
Armstrong(18/19)
Kargbo (18/19)
Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 15:03 - Jul 11 with 1014 viewsgazza1

Hampton and Richmond Next Saturday on 14:44 - Jul 11 by Welsh_Ranger

As usual trying to enter into a conversation with you is like entertaining a child, i'm all for having differing opinions but don't belittle someone else with emojis!

Ages of the players listed below for you Gazza, most just starting careers as professionals. Not sure what i mean by professional game? Then i would educate yourself! It generally is taken to mean that they haven't played in a league game i.e the Championship and its generally referred to as a turn of phrase.

Max Little (17)
Kane (27)
Innocent (20)
Mahorn (20)
Kefalas (20)
Jude-Boyd (18)
McKenna (20)
Frailing (19)
De Silva (19)
Adarkwa (20)
Alfa (22)

Subs
Solomon Gk -(18)
Mclean (17)
Pitblado (18)
Woodman (19)
Domi (19)
Drewe(19)
Williams-Lowe(18)
Ahoraha (u18)
Conte(17)
Mema (17/18)
Kendall (18/19)
Armstrong(18/19)
Kargbo (18/19)

I couldn't be arsed to look up their ages, but thanks very much for doing so, but the point I am making, and said, is many of them are in the U23 squad whom may be playing in this 'B' team league being spoken about.

Ok, thanks for letting me know what a professional game is
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024