Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? 19:52 - Jan 2 with 10242 viewsBarrySwan

Most teams seem to have fairly competent keepers, and most professional keepers will have a decent amount of fantastic saves in them on occasion as does our Freddy. The better standard of keepers clearly perform better on a more consistent basis than the also rans.

But I'm afraid the word 'ordinary' is the very best I can come up with to describe Woodman, surely it can't be that difficult to find a reasonably priced keeper who does the basics and reasonably straight forward saves on a regular basis with the odd sterling performance thrown in, as opposed to being beaten time after time by the most pedestrian of shots from distance on a fairly regular basis.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 19:52]
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:19 - Feb 6 with 636 viewsSwanjaxs

Fair play, this thread is maturing enormously with every passing game!

Absolutely outstanding effort BarrySwan 👏

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:34 - Feb 6 with 614 viewsonehunglow

Woody is ok.
He ain’t great though,nor anything remotely like it,nor does he deserve the ludicrous love in for him.
I d rather love Bennett ,a solid pro who does the basics well,Guehi, already a terrific player and the warrior that is Fulton,all undervalues by many on here.
Woody was decent last night and was definitely more committed when things we feisty. He has been lacking in this regard.
His defenders are the reason he has kept clean sheets. The organisation and commitment is fantastic .
Hope it continues

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:40 - Feb 6 with 607 viewsraynor94

You can't beat a bit of revisionism

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:41 - Feb 6 with 598 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:40 - Feb 6 by raynor94

You can't beat a bit of revisionism

You need a decent memory ray.Yours is spot on and your reactions are still sharp. You ain’t got dementia yet.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:56 - Feb 6 with 587 viewsBarrySwan

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:19 - Feb 6 by Swanjaxs

Fair play, this thread is maturing enormously with every passing game!

Absolutely outstanding effort BarrySwan 👏

Thank you very much.

My own opinion is that Woodman is very run of the mill, sure we all cheer when he makes a good save just like any other professional goalkeeper makes good saves that's why they get paid whereas parks goalies don't.

The amount of what look like to me reasonably saveable goal bound efforts that seem to elude him or the amount of less than convincing plays leave me thinking that he would have to improve significantly ( and he might well do so ) for me to regard him as a show stopper.

In the meantime I still consider him to be extremely average but wish him all the best in improving his game and reaching the next level..
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 14:57]
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:58 - Feb 6 with 579 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:56 - Feb 6 by BarrySwan

Thank you very much.

My own opinion is that Woodman is very run of the mill, sure we all cheer when he makes a good save just like any other professional goalkeeper makes good saves that's why they get paid whereas parks goalies don't.

The amount of what look like to me reasonably saveable goal bound efforts that seem to elude him or the amount of less than convincing plays leave me thinking that he would have to improve significantly ( and he might well do so ) for me to regard him as a show stopper.

In the meantime I still consider him to be extremely average but wish him all the best in improving his game and reaching the next level..
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 14:57]

And it s where I am.for dullards to suggest we show “hate” regarding this lad is bananas.

He is too frail to be a top PL goalkeeper and has much to do before he deserves the unfettered ludicrous ott overlove he gets on here.

I truly hoped,if we go up,we do not sign him as ours .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024