Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Bartley 13:53 - Sep 13 with 2274 viewsonehunglow

Watching this chap line up for West Brom in the Prem makes you wonder if he was one of our greatest ever giveaways.A solid,first choice centre half which we virtually gave away.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 13:53]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kyle Bartley on 14:03 - Sep 13 with 2255 viewsReslovenSwan1

You have bought into the great "fire sale" myth. Fire damaged and given away. False. Reports at the time say £4m one saying £4m rising to £7m. It was a good sale savng his cnsiderable wages probaby arund £1.5m pa and providing a pathway for Joe Rodon who is more comfortable with the ball and faster over the ground. . Bought for £1m all in all good business.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 14:08]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Kyle Bartley on 14:09 - Sep 13 with 2243 viewsKilkennyjack

Kyle Bartley on 14:03 - Sep 13 by ReslovenSwan1

You have bought into the great "fire sale" myth. Fire damaged and given away. False. Reports at the time say £4m one saying £4m rising to £7m. It was a good sale savng his cnsiderable wages probaby arund £1.5m pa and providing a pathway for Joe Rodon who is more comfortable with the ball and faster over the ground. . Bought for £1m all in all good business.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 14:08]

Yes, and Kyle was a stiff.

Just saying.

Beware of the Risen People

Kyle Bartley on 14:15 - Sep 13 with 2231 viewsNeath_Jack

Should never have sold him.

A good old fashioned no nonsense centre half.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kyle Bartley on 14:26 - Sep 13 with 2209 viewsjasper_T

Would you trade Rodon for Bartley? Personally I'm happy we got a million quid for a player who never fulfilled the promise of his fashionable academy badge and made space for a quality young player of our own to break through.

West Brom are shopping for centre halves for good reason.
Kyle Bartley on 15:03 - Sep 13 with 2163 viewsNotLoyal

Kyle Bartley on 14:26 - Sep 13 by jasper_T

Would you trade Rodon for Bartley? Personally I'm happy we got a million quid for a player who never fulfilled the promise of his fashionable academy badge and made space for a quality young player of our own to break through.

Bartley couldn’t lace Rodons boots, on top of his form Ashley Williams made Bartley look better than he was.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Kyle Bartley on 11:27 - Sep 14 with 1812 viewsNortbankboy

Kyle Bartley on 15:03 - Sep 13 by NotLoyal

Bartley couldn’t lace Rodons boots, on top of his form Ashley Williams made Bartley look better than he was.

There was a mistake in Bartley every game.
Ok championship level will get found in the premiership
Kyle Bartley on 18:53 - Sep 14 with 1690 viewsicecoldjack

Kyle Bartley on 11:27 - Sep 14 by Nortbankboy

There was a mistake in Bartley every game.
Ok championship level will get found in the premiership

Agree with this. i thought we only kept him around as back up if/when we ended up in the championship, seemed strange why we sold /got rid of him and the likes of Rangel when the drop came .

I think if the board held their nerve and kept a few if those boys around a swift return to the Premier league was well within our grasp .

Anyway, decent player but always liable to drop a clanger at the top level, especially as the season gets into full swing and the top players start sliding into gear .
Kyle Bartley on 20:54 - Sep 14 with 1627 viewsKilkennyjack

Kyle Bartley on 15:03 - Sep 13 by NotLoyal

Truth

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Bartley on 13:04 - Sep 15 with 1513 viewsonehunglow

My point was/is-flogged by us as not good enough yet he's plying hi trade in the Prem on far greater money so he's done pretty well out of it all.

Kyle Bartley on 15:07 - Sep 15 with 1457 viewsjasper_T

Kyle Bartley on 13:04 - Sep 15 by onehunglow

My point was/is-flogged by us as not good enough yet he's plying hi trade in the Prem on far greater money so he's done pretty well out of it all.

He's played one game, gave away a penalty and his side lost 3-0. They're actively looking to strengthen his position. We've not lacked quality at centre half until all the injuries piled up last season. Got good money and a sizeable wage off the books and brought two Wales internationals through. Decent bit of business all told.
Kyle Bartley on 16:06 - Sep 15 with 1430 viewshobo

Kyle Bartley on 14:26 - Sep 13 by jasper_T

We were the ones who paid £1m for him. We sold him for 4 x that. Sure we could have got slightly more for him, but he was far from our worst sale
Kyle Bartley on 14:00 - Sep 19 with 1237 viewsWhiterockin

Kyle Bartley on 15:07 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

He's played one game, gave away a penalty and his side lost 3-0. They're actively looking to strengthen his position. We've not lacked quality at centre half until all the injuries piled up last season. Got good money and a sizeable wage off the books and brought two Wales internationals through. Decent bit of business all told.

Currently letting another 5 today.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Kyle Bartley on 14:06 - Sep 19 with 1229 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Bartley on 14:00 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

Currently letting another 5 today.

By himself?

He's done well to keep it to 5.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Kyle Bartley on 14:08 - Sep 19 with 1218 viewsWhiterockin

Kyle Bartley on 14:06 - Sep 19 by Neath_Jack

By himself?

He's done well to keep it to 5.

Poor defender in a poor defence by Premier League standards.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Kyle Bartley on 14:12 - Sep 19 with 1202 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Bartley on 14:08 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

Poor defender in a poor defence by Premier League standards.

At least they're playing there aye.

Kyle Bartley on 19:13 - Sep 19 with 1118 viewsfelixstowe_jack

8 goals conceded in two games. WBA have a useless defence.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Kyle Bartley on 09:09 - Sep 21 with 962 viewsonehunglow

He s still premier league player though so he ain’t done that bad for himself.

Kyle Bartley on 13:55 - Sep 21 with 930 viewsHighjack

“Back off Bartley.” He’d be fantastic against those sides that just launch the ball into the box but get the ball on the floor and he would just back off and back off. The number of times eriksen just ran very slowly at him and passed the ball easily into the back of the net was embarrassing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Kyle Bartley on 23:22 - Sep 26 with 783 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Kyle Bartley on 09:09 - Sep 21 by onehunglow

He s still premier league player though so he ain’t done that bad for himself.

They threw a 3 goal away today he is not up to premier league standard. Good championship player.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Kyle Bartley on 09:43 - Sep 27 with 706 viewsonehunglow

Felix.
You saw the sun rise this morning before me too.

I'll have you back some day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024