Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite lockdown tea 10:29 - Jun 5 with 8901 viewsDaleEdchup

Morning all,

I hope everyone is keeping well.

So we’ve been in lockdown for many weeks now and I was wondering what all of your favourite lockdown tea’s have been during this time?

I am very lucky that my wife, Sheila makes a lovely meat pie with gravy. Delicious.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers

DaleEdChup (78)
Favourite lockdown tea on 13:52 - Jun 5 with 1671 viewsAtThePeake

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:57 - Jun 5 by Shun

Genuinely intrigued, but how have you been since trying veganism? How have your energy levels been? And your health in general?

I lost two stone in the first two months of the year and felt far, far fitter than I have in about 10 years. I really struggle with motivation to go running etc. so with a lack of exercise during lockdown (I was playing squash and football 2-3 times each a week in those first two months) I've stayed at pretty much the same weight since then, but I've been sleeping better and definitely feel a lot less sluggish overall. Got to say I've found it easier than I expected to as well - some of the meat alternatives now are surprisingly good!

Tangled up in blue.

Favourite lockdown tea on 13:58 - Jun 5 with 1662 viewsjudd

My wife is constantly feeding me pangolin.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Favourite lockdown tea on 14:46 - Jun 5 with 1608 viewsDaleiLama

Favourite lockdown tea on 13:58 - Jun 5 by judd

My wife is constantly feeding me pangolin.

Are you a leg man or a breast man?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Favourite lockdown tea on 14:48 - Jun 5 with 1604 viewsDaleiLama

To the OP - is your first name Kevin?

Favourite lockdown tea on 14:52 - Jun 5 with 1595 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 14:46 - Jun 5 by DaleiLama

Are you a leg man or a breast man?

Manfred

Favourite lockdown tea on 14:56 - Jun 5 with 1585 viewsD_Alien

Favourite lockdown tea on 14:48 - Jun 5 by DaleiLama

To the OP - is your first name Kevin?

Aren't all 78yo's called Kevin?

(Sorry DaleEdchup, just a comment on your signature to every post)

[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 15:07]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Favourite lockdown tea on 15:30 - Jun 5 with 1514 viewsTVOS1907

I had a lovely sirloin steak dish a couple of weeks ago, picked up from the Facebook page of another Dale fan who enjoys sharing his culinary delights on there.

All in one pan too, with some nice vegetables and a lovely beef and red wine sauce.

PM me for the recipe if you're interested.

Cheers

TVOS (1907)

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Favourite lockdown tea on 15:45 - Jun 5 with 1485 viewskel

Favourite lockdown tea on 15:30 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

I had a lovely sirloin steak dish a couple of weeks ago, picked up from the Facebook page of another Dale fan who enjoys sharing his culinary delights on there.

All in one pan too, with some nice vegetables and a lovely beef and red wine sauce.

PM me for the recipe if you're interested.

Cheers

TVOS (1907)

Careful, somebody of limited intelligence with obsessive tendencies might like your post without realising the intention.
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite lockdown tea on 15:46 - Jun 5 with 1478 viewsTVOS1907

Favourite lockdown tea on 15:45 - Jun 5 by kel

Careful, somebody of limited intelligence with obsessive tendencies might like your post without realising the intention.

D_Alien already has.

Oh...

Favourite lockdown tea on 15:47 - Jun 5 with 1477 viewskel

Favourite lockdown tea on 15:46 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

D_Alien already has.

Oh...

Oh, my bad.

Kel (42)
Favourite lockdown tea on 15:49 - Jun 5 with 1471 viewsD_Alien

Favourite lockdown tea on 15:46 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

D_Alien already has.

Oh...

Ha! For a different reason...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Favourite lockdown tea on 21:29 - Jun 5 with 1386 viewsDorsetDale

Favourite lockdown tea on 13:52 - Jun 5 by AtThePeake

I lost two stone in the first two months of the year and felt far, far fitter than I have in about 10 years. I really struggle with motivation to go running etc. so with a lack of exercise during lockdown (I was playing squash and football 2-3 times each a week in those first two months) I've stayed at pretty much the same weight since then, but I've been sleeping better and definitely feel a lot less sluggish overall. Got to say I've found it easier than I expected to as well - some of the meat alternatives now are surprisingly good!

As you say. plenty of alternatives taste pretty good but unfortunately, lots of processed food, which by far the majority of supermarket food is, veggie, vegan or otherwise, isn't good for the body. For reasons a nutritionist can better explain than I can.

I had been pescatarian for over 30 years until recently mostly because of factory farming. Not being a follower of fashion (not suggesting you are either ATP), I get somewhat rankled when the media attempt to suggest how we should conduct ourselves, especially diet whether that's the food we eat or alcohol consumed.

So, because of the sudden media frenzy pushing a no meat diet and in particular veganism I've gone the other way.

To cut a long story short, I'm loving bacon and sausages again even though they are supermarket quality. Not yet able to enter a Butcher's shop but am sure will come in time.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Favourite lockdown tea on 21:50 - Jun 5 with 1361 viewsnordenblue

Favourite lockdown tea on 21:29 - Jun 5 by DorsetDale

As you say. plenty of alternatives taste pretty good but unfortunately, lots of processed food, which by far the majority of supermarket food is, veggie, vegan or otherwise, isn't good for the body. For reasons a nutritionist can better explain than I can.

I had been pescatarian for over 30 years until recently mostly because of factory farming. Not being a follower of fashion (not suggesting you are either ATP), I get somewhat rankled when the media attempt to suggest how we should conduct ourselves, especially diet whether that's the food we eat or alcohol consumed.

So, because of the sudden media frenzy pushing a no meat diet and in particular veganism I've gone the other way.

To cut a long story short, I'm loving bacon and sausages again even though they are supermarket quality. Not yet able to enter a Butcher's shop but am sure will come in time.

Talking of butchers, a friend of the in laws has recently during the lockdown returned to making homemade various sausages,burgers and big pork pies with him being a retired butcher,the difference from the shite you buy at supermarkets is off the scale.

He's since gone back to making them as a sideline to earn a few quid, I'd encourage anyone to try proper farm reared meats,well worth a couple of quid more
Favourite lockdown tea on 21:55 - Jun 5 with 1349 viewskel

Favourite lockdown tea on 21:50 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

Talking of butchers, a friend of the in laws has recently during the lockdown returned to making homemade various sausages,burgers and big pork pies with him being a retired butcher,the difference from the shite you buy at supermarkets is off the scale.

He's since gone back to making them as a sideline to earn a few quid, I'd encourage anyone to try proper farm reared meats,well worth a couple of quid more

Agree with that. Used to go into a butchers as a kid doing errands for my mum but never went as an adult until about five years ago. I travel over to High Crompton if I need meat even though there are some decent looking butchers near me. I’ll never buy supermarket meat again and very happy to pay extra for proper food.

And he does traditional rag puddings as well as a lamb and mint one as something a bit different.
Favourite lockdown tea on 21:58 - Jun 5 with 1342 viewsDaleiLama

Favourite lockdown tea on 21:50 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

It was my g/fs mum's b-day on Tuesday and she got a pork pie from Metricks (did you ever bob in when you were over Glossop way - awesome butchers). Crumbly almost crispy crust, plenty of jelly, spicy pork and not too much fat at all - mostly meat. Delish. Had a rib eye from there too - equally good. Enjoyed a rag pud from the chippy in Hadfield and the Bangladeshi food in Indigo, Romiley never lets you down. Tried the Beehive and Sa Tang Thai takeaways as well.

Done a fair bit of cooking too - never use a recipe, just an idea. Enjoy a dabble. Worked out before I went away to Uni that if you can cook, you'll never go without a decent meal. Hyssop in Glossop has opened up for takeaways now too. Got to say my clothes have shrunk a bit in that recent hot weather

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:08 - Jun 5 with 1324 viewsTVOS1907

Favourite lockdown tea on 21:55 - Jun 5 by kel

Agree with that. Used to go into a butchers as a kid doing errands for my mum but never went as an adult until about five years ago. I travel over to High Crompton if I need meat even though there are some decent looking butchers near me. I’ll never buy supermarket meat again and very happy to pay extra for proper food.

And he does traditional rag puddings as well as a lamb and mint one as something a bit different.

"I travel over to High Crompton if I need meat"

I'd keep that to yourself, tbf.

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:10 - Jun 5 with 1325 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 21:55 - Jun 5 by kel

Didn't you used to "make sausages" with your "uncle" ?

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:16 - Jun 5 with 1309 viewskel

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:08 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

"I travel over to High Crompton if I need meat"

I'd keep that to yourself, tbf.

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:16 - Jun 5 with 1307 viewskel

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:10 - Jun 5 by judd

Didn't you used to "make sausages" with your "uncle" ?

That’s the other utter bellend.
Favourite lockdown tea on 22:18 - Jun 5 with 1304 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:16 - Jun 5 by kel

That's no way to treat a poor cumbrain.

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:21 - Jun 5 with 1297 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:16 - Jun 5 by kel

That's no way to treat a poor cumbrain.

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:42 - Jun 5 with 1271 viewsSandyman

ncfcChalky:

https://www.eatwell.co.nz/recipe/10909/Tripe-and-onions/

Kiwidale et al may wish to comment given the source of this link...

Fook off Chalky
Favourite lockdown tea on 22:43 - Jun 5 with 1264 viewsTVOS1907

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:42 - Jun 5 by Sandyman

ncfcChalky:

https://www.eatwell.co.nz/recipe/10909/Tripe-and-onions/

Kiwidale et al may wish to comment given the source of this link...

Fook off Chalky

I doubt kiwi will be commenting on anything else on here.

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:52 - Jun 5 with 1255 viewsAtThePeake

Favourite lockdown tea on 21:29 - Jun 5 by DorsetDale

Fair enough. To be honest, the health benefits were by no means the main factor in me trying it, and although I know that some of the processed vegan food isn't necessarily the most nutritious, I think it's probably fair to say my diet is healthier overall now than it was when I was on first name terms with the cashiers in KFC!

Tangled up in blue.

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:54 - Jun 5 with 1253 viewsJames1980

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:43 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

I doubt kiwi will be commenting on anything else on here.

There is a clip on Facebook of chap from Rochdale singing on a talent show I think it's either the New Zealand or Australian Voice

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024