Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt 18:33 - May 6 with 5480 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 12:10 - May 10 with 1723 viewsD_Alien

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 06:36 - May 10 by EllGazzell

Travel into Czech, Slovakia and Austria have it the following, upon arrival at the border: 1. You present a clean test result not older than 48 hours. 2. You go into 14-day quarantine (can go for a test and end the quarantine if clear) 3. Turn around

Don't see why the UK can't implement similar?

There is a significant difference: those countries all have land borders with each other

If someone arrives at a UK airport and tests positive, or cannot prove they're clear, there's no easy option to just ask them to turn around, in which case they'd be quarantined

There is, of course, the Channel Tunnel and ferry services, and at the moment those in the UK can't travel to France but as far as i'm aware there is no restriction coming from France to the UK, although that is likely to change in line with those arriving at airports

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 15:17 - May 10 with 1660 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The government’s current preferred app, that’s being tested, is open to abuse by people saying they have symptoms when they don’t, which could potentially have many people feeling they need to self isolate when they don’t need to.

Quite possibly it will be another tracking app we end up being asked to use, maybe more time lost than what otherwise would have been if the UK had gone with other countries that are using a different app. Of course any delays in track and trace could lead to more cases of the disease than should have been the case.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 15:25 - May 10 with 1656 viewsJames1980

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 15:17 - May 10 by foreverhopefulDale

The government’s current preferred app, that’s being tested, is open to abuse by people saying they have symptoms when they don’t, which could potentially have many people feeling they need to self isolate when they don’t need to.

Quite possibly it will be another tracking app we end up being asked to use, maybe more time lost than what otherwise would have been if the UK had gone with other countries that are using a different app. Of course any delays in track and trace could lead to more cases of the disease than should have been the case.

I did think that could be a possibility. Surely the way round it would be a unique code with the test results. Although would that make it less likely for some to use the app.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 15:53 - May 10 with 1636 viewsEllGazzell

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 12:10 - May 10 by D_Alien

There is a significant difference: those countries all have land borders with each other

If someone arrives at a UK airport and tests positive, or cannot prove they're clear, there's no easy option to just ask them to turn around, in which case they'd be quarantined

There is, of course, the Channel Tunnel and ferry services, and at the moment those in the UK can't travel to France but as far as i'm aware there is no restriction coming from France to the UK, although that is likely to change in line with those arriving at airports

It includes flights/airports. Passengers are notified before departing.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 15:55]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 16:07 - May 10 with 1615 viewsD_Alien

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 15:53 - May 10 by EllGazzell

It includes flights/airports. Passengers are notified before departing.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 15:55]

That's good to hear

I guess it's mainly those who turn up at land border crossings who might be asked to turn around? Most people booking flights would do so before turning up at an airport, and would be advised of the requirements of entry to those countries at that point, hopefully

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 18:08 - May 10 with 1554 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 11:46 - May 10 by Reedy

I will certainly download it if it helps stop the spread and get us back to whatever the new normal will be, and hopefully this will be achieved quicker with the track and trace app.

On a separate point, if the government wanted to track your movements, they wouldn’t be doing it a phone app to try and control a pandemic. The state has the power to trace anybody’s movements if it’s of interest to them, every time you drive on a motorway for example, you will go through plenty of ANPR cameras! I would only be worried about it being an invasion of privacy if you’ve something to hide!

I don’t think the worry is the govt tracking your movements , it’s the firms that are behind the app, their record of data harvesting and misuse, links to vote leave worry me. I also don’t like the ‘if you have nothing to hide’ stance. Too much of our information is ‘out there’ we are supposedly a liberal democracy , not east Germany .

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 20:31 - May 10 with 1500 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 18:08 - May 10 by rochdaleriddler

I don’t think the worry is the govt tracking your movements , it’s the firms that are behind the app, their record of data harvesting and misuse, links to vote leave worry me. I also don’t like the ‘if you have nothing to hide’ stance. Too much of our information is ‘out there’ we are supposedly a liberal democracy , not east Germany .

Is it true that they got the contract due to their links to Dominic Cummings, and that there wasn’t really a proper procedure , tendering, to source the company to do the work?
Do they get more money depending on numbers taking on the app?
[Post edited 10 May 2020 21:02]

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 21:17 - May 10 with 1474 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 20:31 - May 10 by foreverhopefulDale

Is it true that they got the contract due to their links to Dominic Cummings, and that there wasn’t really a proper procedure , tendering, to source the company to do the work?
Do they get more money depending on numbers taking on the app?
[Post edited 10 May 2020 21:02]

I’m not sure about how they get paid , but it all sounds a bit iffy jobs for the boys stuff, I’m going to do a bit more reading tomorrow

Login to get fewer ads

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 21:54 - May 10 with 1452 viewsEllGazzell

Just throwing this into the mix:

https://www.grahamcluley.com/you-wont-believe-whos-heading-up-the-uks-coronaviru

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 05:25 - May 11 with 1388 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 21:54 - May 10 by EllGazzell

https://www.grahamcluley.com/you-wont-believe-whos-heading-up-the-uks-coronaviru

Crikey.

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 12:21 - May 11 with 1287 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 21:54 - May 10 by EllGazzell

Perfect

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 15:10 - May 11 with 1239 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Why is it that people like that end up on their feet? It’s about time they should be properly held to account.

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 15:44 - May 11 with 1224 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 15:10 - May 11 by foreverhopefulDale

Why is it that people like that end up on their feet? It’s about time they should be properly held to account.

The word you are looking for is cronyism

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 16:08 - May 11 with 1209 viewsJames1980

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 15:10 - May 11 by foreverhopefulDale

Because us proles are told not to question. Often by forelock tugging and cap dothing proles who 'know their place'

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 16:40 - May 11 with 1190 viewsD_Alien

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 16:08 - May 11 by James1980

Because us proles are told not to question. Often by forelock tugging and cap dothing proles who 'know their place'

Doffing, James

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 16:55 - May 11 with 1173 viewsJames1980

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 16:40 - May 11 by D_Alien

Doffing, James

Sorry sir.

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 17:03 - May 11 with 1164 viewsD_Alien

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 16:55 - May 11 by James1980

Sorry sir.

Pardoned

If you see anyone not complying in future, just tell them: "So doff"

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 19:22 - May 11 with 1117 viewsncfc_chalky

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 16:08 - May 11 by James1980

You will never been truly accepted in Rochdale until you know at least the cloth cap epithet James,you will always be an outsider I'm afraid

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 20:41 - May 11 with 1076 viewsD_Alien

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 19:22 - May 11 by ncfc_chalky

You will never been truly accepted in Rochdale until you know at least the cloth cap epithet James,you will always be an outsider I'm afraid

James is very much part of our community, even if he doesn't always get the lingo right - it's just a bit of fun of course. I've not met him but I know people who have, and he'll do for them (as we say)

Now, if you were to start watching Dale, you'd be even more welcome than you already are!

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 21:08 - May 11 with 1051 viewsDaleiLama

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 20:41 - May 11 by D_Alien

James is very much part of our community, even if he doesn't always get the lingo right - it's just a bit of fun of course. I've not met him but I know people who have, and he'll do for them (as we say)

Now, if you were to start watching Dale, you'd be even more welcome than you already are!

Having met James several times I can vouch for the fact that he's a very good sort. Anyone who makes the sacrifices in time and money he does to support his (albeit adopted) club deserves a tip of the cap from any right-minded fan. In many ways, the fact that he doesn't support his local club (BHA) makes his support of Dale even more laudable!
You know the sign off well enough now Chalky?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 21:27 - May 11 with 1038 viewsncfc_chalky

James comes over as a really nice bloke and I once offered to meet him for a pint should the Dale game that he was traveling to get cancelled (that was before I knew that the train didn't travel through Nottingham) and as he's the only person that I've offered to meet from a forum shows how high he is regarded by everyone on here including me

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 22:45 - May 11 with 1020 viewspioneer

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 21:27 - May 11 by ncfc_chalky

James comes over as a really nice bloke and I once offered to meet him for a pint should the Dale game that he was traveling to get cancelled (that was before I knew that the train didn't travel through Nottingham) and as he's the only person that I've offered to meet from a forum shows how high he is regarded by everyone on here including me

Be careful James about invitations from strange men on the internet wanting to meet😊
Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 23:32 - May 11 with 1001 viewsncfc_chalky

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 22:45 - May 11 by pioneer

Be careful James about invitations from strange men on the internet wanting to meet😊

He was very quick off the mark to claim that the train didn't stop at Nottingham now that you mention it

Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt on 23:46 - May 11 with 983 viewsJames1980

Thank you for the kind words folk .
Chalky maybe pre Beeching London to Rochdale via Nottingham was a simple journey but unfortunately it is a bit of a detour now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024