Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands You've Seen The Most. 13:16 - Mar 2 with 8256 viewstaffpunk

My other half is off on some hen do over the Easter weekend, so I've been looking for some bands to go and see around the UK. Nothing much coming up, but did see the UK Subs are in Derby, seen them so many times, that doesn't really appeal to me. Got me thinking who I've seen the most-

Damned-between 50 and 60 times.
UK Subs-about the same.
Siouxsie and The Banshees-about 30, SLF the same.

Then loads between 20 and 30 including GBH, Mad Dog, Oppressed, Cowboy Killers, Discharge, Conflict etc...what about you lot?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 13:18]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 07:59 - Mar 3 with 1867 viewsbuilthjack

Shane Flame and the RipRockers
About 100 times at least

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 09:07 - Mar 3 with 1841 viewsDrGonzo

Slayer, 9 times.
Bands You've Seen The Most. on 11:38 - Mar 3 with 1815 viewsThrasher6

The Questionnaires. Penarth lot mainly. Used to dress up in Fifties gear. Old BBC mic..double bass. Very good they were and cool as f@ck. The lead singer was very talented. Saw them a lot in the late eighties/early noughties
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 11:40]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 12:20 - Mar 3 with 1801 viewsWxmJax

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 23:19 - Mar 2 by WarwickHunt

Billy Joel - any good?

Well I like him. Very rarely play his music though, there's so much other good stuff out there to listen to.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 12:29 - Mar 3 with 1792 viewsDarran

I’m seeing my bff two weeks tomorrow for the 7th time. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 13:07 - Mar 3 with 1776 viewsWxmJax

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 12:29 - Mar 3 by Darran

He played a very small gig in Wrexham about 15/20 years ago when he was out of the limelight and just planning a comeback.
My mate was on the door and wouldn't let him in, pretending that he didn't know who he was.
But I am, I am Robert Plant
Yeah they all say that mate.
He had no entourage as such and went on stage and played a brilliant gig in front of around 200 people, a bit like the Cavern club. Gutted that I never went.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 13:07 - Mar 3 with 1772 viewsDarran

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 13:07 - Mar 3 by WxmJax

He played a very small gig in Wrexham about 15/20 years ago when he was out of the limelight and just planning a comeback.
My mate was on the door and wouldn't let him in, pretending that he didn't know who he was.
But I am, I am Robert Plant
Yeah they all say that mate.
He had no entourage as such and went on stage and played a brilliant gig in front of around 200 people, a bit like the Cavern club. Gutted that I never went.

Amazing. 🙌🏻

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 17:42 - Mar 3 with 1715 viewsbuilthjack

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 12:29 - Mar 3 by Darran

Ask him why he likes to stop off in Newbridge on Wye for a pint so often.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 17:43 - Mar 3 with 1715 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 21:37 - Mar 2 by Professor

I’ve seen Radiohead about 8 times, though none since 1995. Lived in Oxford when they were still playing pubs and called On a Friday. 10,000 maniacs are an interesting one- ‘Like the Weather’ and ‘Trouble me’ are lovely songs. Was long rumoured Merchant and Michael Stipe were a thing including their ‘April Showers’ Disney duet, but obviously she was not Stipe’s type

Funny you should mention Radiohead, 10KM and REM. The time I saw 10K Maniacs was 1988 opening for Squeeze in a small venue in Austin. I'd never even heard of them before and they were awesome.

Then 7 years later (95), I went to see Radiohead and Natalie Merchant open for REM in a big outdoor park. Radiohead was awesome - I became a big fan that night. But Merchant was a big disappointment because she did no 10KM songs and REM was just kind of blah IMO.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 18:02 - Mar 3 with 1696 viewstaffpunk

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 19:51 - Mar 2 by Swanjaxs

Have you seen The Somethings? 😂

If they're a covers band, then probably not.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 18:49 - Mar 3 with 1671 viewsswan85

Manics about 20 times.
U2 10
Oasis 5
The alarm 5
Feeder 3
Stereophonics 3
Coldplay 3
INXS 2
Foo fighters
Loads of others once. Saw Tummer has seen Smashing Pumpkins lots of times, would love to see them, but did conceive my first to them. Needed some rhythm as was “on it” a lot - does this count?
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:18 - Mar 3 with 1660 viewsWarwickHunt

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 22:03 - Mar 2 by WxmJax

Billy Joel nearly 50 times
Cyndi Lauer 4
Status Quo (with a mate) 6
Queen 3
All these twice
Fleetwood Mac
Paul McCartney
Dire Straits
Rod Stewart
Whitney Houston
Elton John
Stereophonics
George Michael
Lionel Richie
And loads of others, Springsteen, Jackson, Stones, Who, Jam, Weller, Whitesnake, Samson, Cheap Trick, Madonna, Simply Red, Manics, etc etc

But no one's really bothered.

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 20:12 - Mar 3 with 1636 viewsZaxx

Have seen a lot of tribute bands and Ne'er been seen again acts but Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd live have made up for that. Just once each so I guess I don't qualify as a multi act fan.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:28 - Mar 3 with 1629 viewsDarran

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:18 - Mar 3 by WarwickHunt

What sort of post is that you thick twát?

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 20:42 - Mar 3 with 1620 viewsLibertarian

Top 5...
Metallica 11
Iron Maiden 10
Thunder 10
Rush 6
Foo Fighters 6
Bands You've Seen The Most. on 21:37 - Mar 3 with 1602 viewsDarran

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 20:42 - Mar 3 by Libertarian

Top 5...
Metallica 11
Iron Maiden 10
Thunder 10
Rush 6
Foo Fighters 6

The Cheap Trick tour manager sent my daughter Dave Grohls autograph a few weeks ago. 🙌🏻

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:45 - Mar 3 with 1582 viewsWarwickHunt

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:28 - Mar 3 by Darran

What sort of post is that you thick twát?

I wasn’t bothered...
Bands You've Seen The Most. on 14:11 - Mar 4 with 1488 viewsEbo

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 17:43 - Mar 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

Funny you should mention Radiohead, 10KM and REM. The time I saw 10K Maniacs was 1988 opening for Squeeze in a small venue in Austin. I'd never even heard of them before and they were awesome.

Then 7 years later (95), I went to see Radiohead and Natalie Merchant open for REM in a big outdoor park. Radiohead was awesome - I became a big fan that night. But Merchant was a big disappointment because she did no 10KM songs and REM was just kind of blah IMO.

First saw Radiohead early 90's supporting Kingmaker upstairs in a Cardiff pub.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 14:34 - Mar 4 with 1482 viewstheloneranger

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 19:51 - Mar 2 by Swanjaxs

Have you seen The Somethings? 😂

Dicky Heart and the Murmurs 😎

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 16:29 - Mar 6 with 1350 viewsLibertarian

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 21:37 - Mar 3 by Darran

The Cheap Trick tour manager sent my daughter Dave Grohls autograph a few weeks ago. 🙌🏻

Top man

Have you seen Rick Nielsen on American Pickers? (a program which is not for everyone)

"The guys are blown away when legendary Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen opens the doors to his private rock'n'roll warehouse."

He had old tour posters/t-shirts etc. in a lock up
Bands You've Seen The Most. on 16:45 - Mar 6 with 1344 viewsWarwickHunt

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 16:29 - Mar 6 by Libertarian

Top man

Have you seen Rick Nielsen on American Pickers? (a program which is not for everyone)

"The guys are blown away when legendary Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen opens the doors to his private rock'n'roll warehouse."

Best place for them.

*tap- in*
Bands You've Seen The Most. on 17:17 - Mar 6 with 1332 viewsDarran

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 16:29 - Mar 6 by Libertarian

Top man

Yes I have.

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 21:09 - Mar 6 with 1293 viewsTNT

Not really one to go and see a band multiple times, but going to see Stiff Little Fingers for the fourth time next week.

Seen a few twice:

Damned
Siouxsie
UK Subs
Early Cure
Psychedelic Furs
Echo

Once:

Cocteau Twins
Graham Parker
Elvis Costello
Joe Jackson
Billy Bragg
Specials
Rufus Wainwright
John Grant
Elbow
Keane
'phonics
Manics
Associates
Passage
Very, very early U2

Stranglers / Ruts coming up

Wish I'd seen:

Original Monochrome Set
Original Buzzcocks
Original Undertones

There are others I've missed, but I'm more of a see them once man, and move on and see something different.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 08:30 - Mar 7 with 1243 viewstaffpunk

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 21:09 - Mar 6 by TNT

Not really one to go and see a band multiple times, but going to see Stiff Little Fingers for the fourth time next week.

Seen a few twice:

Damned
Siouxsie
UK Subs
Early Cure
Psychedelic Furs
Echo

Once:

Cocteau Twins
Graham Parker
Elvis Costello
Joe Jackson
Billy Bragg
Specials
Rufus Wainwright
John Grant
Elbow
Keane
'phonics
Manics
Associates
Passage
Very, very early U2

Stranglers / Ruts coming up

Wish I'd seen:

Original Monochrome Set
Original Buzzcocks
Original Undertones

There are others I've missed, but I'm more of a see them once man, and move on and see something different.

Some really nice ones there, The Asosciates and The Passage in particular that I wish I'd seen. I'm giving SLF a miss next week, didn't enjoy them last year. Saw Billy Bragg once in Gorseinon Leisure Centre for a Miners Benefit. My brother did the sound, and Billy came with us to a post gig lock in somewhere, he was a a lovely man, spent a couple of hours chatting with us. We ended up kipping in the truck, as my brother was too drunk to drive home!

Bands You've Seen The Most. on 08:39 - Mar 7 with 1237 viewsepaul

The Cult, seen them about 8 or 9 times first in 86, not bad considering how little they toured or my availability to see them, one thing I wanted to do was take the missus to see them and I've done that no, she loved it.
Never seen Zep or Sabbath live, always wanted it but never happened sadly, hey ho, still the one I wanted was the God of metal Lemmy and Motorhead and I did it and at Brixton Academy, that will live long in the memories.

Seen various other bands but only tend to go and see the music that I like, seen the Mission a few times and they were superb

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024