Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports News 10:56 - Jul 31 with 6729 viewsDale92

Just done a piece on their league 1 preview, they have us 3rd bottom with Wimbledon and the obvious 2 to go down. Said our signings are worrying, they had Accy safe :/

This is the One, I've waited for

Sky Sports News on 17:16 - Jul 31 with 1725 viewsboromat

Sky Sports News on 14:05 - Jul 31 by Nigeriamark

D3/D4 podcast have us as 19th with Bury, Bolton, Wycombe, Southend ( money problems), AFC Wimbledon below us. They have Accy at 18th

All have lack of signings and have let a number of good players go

They reckon an injury to Henderson is all it will take for us to be in real trouble.

I would imagine this podcast have more in depth knowledge than SSN so I hope they are correct
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 14:08]

They also didn't think too highly of our new keeper. Mentioned some horrendous mistakes many of which are apparently available on YouTube. They also questioned O'Connell and how he would do in a struggling League 1 team compared to a team that was doing very well in League 2.

I'm not massively confident. This season is very much dependent on BBM getting more out of the same core of players and also introducing some younger players and getting them to perform.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sky Sports News on 17:25 - Jul 31 with 1705 viewsNigeriamark

Sky Sports News on 17:16 - Jul 31 by boromat

They also didn't think too highly of our new keeper. Mentioned some horrendous mistakes many of which are apparently available on YouTube. They also questioned O'Connell and how he would do in a struggling League 1 team compared to a team that was doing very well in League 2.

I'm not massively confident. This season is very much dependent on BBM getting more out of the same core of players and also introducing some younger players and getting them to perform.

The keeper apparently made 2 howlers in about 15 games but still conceded less than a goal a game overall. not saying he will be great but often faults get exaggerated on message boards

Good points made earlier about loanees. I reckon we will be trying to get a few in. Also doesn't the transfer window for the lower leagues go on for an extra month this year? If so plenty of time for a number of clubs to make quite a few signings
Sky Sports News on 17:52 - Jul 31 with 1614 viewsblackdogblue

Sky Sports News on 13:24 - Jul 31 by ChaffRAFC

Been thinking this week about where we are at this minute in time and have come to the conclusion that we will have a very tough season.

Incomings:

Robert Sanchez - we've no idea what he will be like but seems to like rushing out. It's almost like he was playing as a keeper on FIFA pro clubs where they come out all the time coz they're bored.

Eoghan O'Connell - High hopes for this guy, good player, hopefully works out well but will depend on who he is next to.

Rhys Norrington-Davies - I like the look of this guy, good crosser of the ball and seems comfortable.

Jimmy Ryan - Massively important signing and we have to hope he is over his injury worries because we can't rely on MJ playing that defensive midfield role.

Rekeil Pyke - Looks more involved than last year and has impressed me a bit so far since returning.

OUTGOINGS INCLUDING LOANS:

Jordan Williams - Wasn't good enough

Brad Inman - Talented, scored goals but not hard working enough. Luxury player and rightly released.

Joe Bunney - Not good enough

Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Massive reason why we stayed up. McNulty only played ok next to him as well. We will miss him massively.

Rory Holden - Wasn't up to it unfortunately.

Ethan Hamilton - Another massive reason we stayed up with his work rate and knack or scoring goals. Too good for us unfortunately, hard to replace.

Andy Lonergan - Absolutely brilliant while on loan, kept us in a lot of games and vital to us picking up points under BBM.

Kgosi Ntlhe - Think we will miss him, and he's not been replaced yet either. Played really well in the second half of the season.

So in conclusion, I think the squad is weaker than the end of last season at the minute, and it has less depth. And we still have players who aren't going to contribute enough like Andrew, Dooley, Wilbraham and Delaney in the squad of senior players.

The key issues to improve on last year are:

We need to improve 100% in defence. We conceded an embarrasing amount of goals last season relying on the likes of Jim and Delaney. They have to be better and we need to better protect them in midfield. Hopefully O'Connell and Ryan will go some way to aiding this.

Goals from more attacking players other than Henderson. Rathbone chipped in with a few goals but only 10 goals between Andrew, Wilbraham, Pyke, Done and Gillam isn't enough. Hopefully with Done and Camps playing further forward they can support Henderson and I'm hoping Pyke can also contribute. Worth noting that Hamilton, Ebanks, Williams, Inman and Ntlhe contributed 15 league goals last season that we don't have this season. If Henderson has a season where he only scores 15 goals, we will struggle massively and that's too much to ask of him on his own.

The goalkeeping situation last season was borderline insane. Lillis, Moore, Norman (worst ever Dale keeper for me, worse than Dickens) on a rotation was horrific to watch.

This all has to be improved on for us to have a chance of staying up.

I think Sky Sports may well have our position right but a couple of big additions on loan could make me a little more optimistic I suppose.

Spot on that Chaff 👍👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Sky Sports News on 17:53 - Jul 31 with 1611 viewsboromat

Sky Sports News on 17:25 - Jul 31 by Nigeriamark

The keeper apparently made 2 howlers in about 15 games but still conceded less than a goal a game overall. not saying he will be great but often faults get exaggerated on message boards

Good points made earlier about loanees. I reckon we will be trying to get a few in. Also doesn't the transfer window for the lower leagues go on for an extra month this year? If so plenty of time for a number of clubs to make quite a few signings

Yep goes on for a bit this year so lots of time. Not sure I like it though I'd rather not be having the early season disruptions to the teams.

On the keeper that's just their comments on the d3d4 podcasts. I've purposely not looked up the goals online I'd rather make my own mind up on his performances for Dale.

Sky Sports News on 18:54 - Jul 31 with 1512 viewsfinberty

Good points from Chaff.

My additional point about the defence, yes we still have Jim and Delaney, but we no longer have McGahey who was IMHO quite overrated and a largely ever-present member of a very porous backline. If O'Connell proves to be an improvement on HM, then, though we still need another CB, we might not as badly off as we were this time last year.

Glass half-full for me.
Sky Sports News on 19:22 - Jul 31 with 1457 viewstodmordendale

That must be a big incentive for the players to prove Sky wrong. Let’s get the I’ll show em mentality. I feel a lot more confident this season now that Williams and Inman have been shown the door. It was like having two players sent off every game.
Too much was lost by Hill’s perseverance in playing them regularly. As soon as BBM took charge they were out of the way and results turned around.
We have a strong midfield now and even with the kids. We did ok a couple of seasons ago with Jamie Allen, Callum Camps and Andy Cannon. All under 20 and up in the play off places.
Up the Dale
Sky Sports News on 19:43 - Jul 31 with 1406 viewsboromat

Also agree with Chaffs post and other comments. One thing I haven't seen mentioned and I think may be our biggest signing of the summer is bringing Kevin Gibbins back to the club. Fitness of a smaller squad is going to be key and even more so if we're going to play a high press like in some of the friendlies.

Sky Sports News on 13:01 - Aug 1 with 1135 viewsmilnrowblue

The biggest issue is not having somebody to back Henderson up, not just now, but in the long term. We were blessed to somehow get Ebanks-Landell and Hamilton in January, but they’re the kind of loan signings we need for a full season. An out and out striker, a left back or left sided centre back as well as a winger all on loan and I think we’ve got a squad more than capable of staying up. Not The Top 20 said they’d probably rather have Keith Hill as manager going into this season, so that’s when I stopped listening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024