Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signing coming up? 15:51 - Jul 22 with 13417 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Signing coming up? on 07:04 - Jul 23 with 2760 viewsrochedale

A lot of people getting their knickers in a twist whilst making a huge song and dance about Dale’s new marketing campaign. I have no clue why people thought it as a signing, it didn’t look like one to me. You sound like a bunch of girls. FWIW, I think it looks quite good.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Signing coming up? on 07:29 - Jul 23 with 2708 viewsfitzochris

Signing coming up? on 07:04 - Jul 23 by rochedale

A lot of people getting their knickers in a twist whilst making a huge song and dance about Dale’s new marketing campaign. I have no clue why people thought it as a signing, it didn’t look like one to me. You sound like a bunch of girls. FWIW, I think it looks quite good.

Some people will like this, for sure. I would expect those who know the people behind the campaign would be extra supportive of it.

Despite my constant posting, I’m not bothered by it. I’m more amused by the debate it’s caused and the usual rhetoric aimed at posters on this forum who have the temerity to question anything the club does. If some people like it, fine. As I say, I’m maybe missing something.

To me the words and imagery suggest a GMP campaign to toughen up on house break ins. That’s just me, though.

But yes, at least the club are doing something.

BTW, nothing wrong with sounding like a girl, especially if you are one.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Signing coming up? on 07:44 - Jul 23 with 2668 viewsD_Alien

Signing coming up? on 07:04 - Jul 23 by rochedale

Fitzochris has already made the point, but what on earth do you think "bunch of girls" is doing as some kind of jibe?

The superiority young women are demonstrating over their male peers in many important walks of life just makes it completely out of touch. Not to mention the gender of Dale's marketing lead

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signing coming up? on 08:04 - Jul 23 with 2617 viewskiwidale

Signing coming up? on 07:44 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

Fitzochris has already made the point, but what on earth do you think "bunch of girls" is doing as some kind of jibe?

The superiority young women are demonstrating over their male peers in many important walks of life just makes it completely out of touch. Not to mention the gender of Dale's marketing lead

You are off your rocker.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 8:06]

This is not the time for bickering.

Signing coming up? on 08:05 - Jul 23 with 2614 viewsEllDale

I think it could be quite a striking billboard ad. Nothing wrong in trying something different.
Fair play to whoever tried to be thought provoking.
What this thread demonstrates to my mind is the desperation that the fanbase feels about a new signing with the new season ten days away.
A tweet was misinterpreted (myself included) and the disappointment was evident when it didn't indicate an imminent signing.
We're not exactly clutching at straws but we will be this time next week if the squad hasn't been added to.
Signing coming up? on 08:14 - Jul 23 with 2591 viewsrochedale

Signing coming up? on 07:44 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

Have you ever heard ‘a bunch of girls’?

Signing coming up? on 08:21 - Jul 23 with 2566 viewsblackdogblue

At least we know who we will be playing, the Sandy Lane Board will still say Huddersfield Town in 3 weeks time

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Signing coming up? on 08:45 - Jul 23 with 2522 viewsCedar_Room

I just think it is all rather clumsy and doesn't make much sense.

'A New Dawn Beckons' is just a weird thing to say. Why use that as the slogan? what relation does that have to either BBM or the club? Its not even clear that they are talking about the new season starting from those words. Why accompany it with an image of BBM in a hoody looking shifty? What does that have to do with a new dawn beckoning? or the new season starting soon? how are people even supposed to know who he is?? and then hyping it up as though they think this is some amazing bit of marketing genius. Its baffling - and I'm one of the people who already supports the Dale. What the hell are the non-fans in the town supposed to think??
Login to get fewer ads

Signing coming up? on 09:20 - Jul 23 with 2442 viewsrochedale

The irony. Surely a good advertising campaign is about getting people talking about it? There’ll be 5 pages on here about it in under 24 hours.

Signing coming up? on 09:44 - Jul 23 with 2395 viewsjudd

Signing coming up? on 09:20 - Jul 23 by rochedale

The irony. Surely a good advertising campaign is about getting people talking about it? There’ll be 5 pages on here about it in under 24 hours.

People talking about it does not necessarily make it good.

It's sales generated from it that is the true measure.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Signing coming up? on 10:54 - Jul 23 with 2293 viewsD_Alien

Signing coming up? on 08:14 - Jul 23 by rochedale

Have you ever heard ‘a bunch of girls’?

Yes, naturally

But please do tell, what in your opinion are their characteristics?

I've also heard and been part of bunches of lads, and found them in general to be more negative and less empathetic

It's often very much like a bunch of lads on here in fact

Signing coming up? on 11:21 - Jul 23 with 2238 viewsrochedale

Signing coming up? on 10:54 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

Yes, naturally

But please do tell, what in your opinion are their characteristics?

I've also heard and been part of bunches of lads, and found them in general to be more negative and less empathetic

It's often very much like a bunch of lads on here in fact

Wouldn’t want to go into what their characteristics are like, but I know what they sound like.

Signing coming up? on 11:22 - Jul 23 with 2236 viewsrochedale

Signing coming up? on 09:44 - Jul 23 by judd

People talking about it does not necessarily make it good.

It's sales generated from it that is the true measure.

Marketing expert.

Signing coming up? on 11:28 - Jul 23 with 2220 viewsjudd

Signing coming up? on 11:22 - Jul 23 by rochedale

Marketing expert.

Thank you.

Signing coming up? on 11:31 - Jul 23 with 2205 viewsD_Alien

Signing coming up? on 11:21 - Jul 23 by rochedale

Wouldn’t want to go into what their characteristics are like, but I know what they sound like.

Does this thread make a sound?

Auditory hallucinations need to be checked out asap

Edit: especially if it sounds like "a bunch of girls". That's actually quite creepy
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 11:34]

Signing coming up? on 11:37 - Jul 23 with 2181 viewsrochedale

Signing coming up? on 11:31 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

Does this thread make a sound?

Auditory hallucinations need to be checked out asap

Edit: especially if it sounds like "a bunch of girls". That's actually quite creepy
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 11:34]

You need to get out more. Those ‘lads’ you mentioned you were in a bunch with, give them a call.

Signing coming up? on 11:38 - Jul 23 with 2178 viewsD_Alien

Signing coming up? on 11:37 - Jul 23 by rochedale

You need to get out more. Those ‘lads’ you mentioned you were in a bunch with, give them a call.

I bet i 'get out' a damn sight more than you do

Not very original, are you?

Signing coming up? on 12:26 - Jul 23 with 2078 viewsrochedale

Signing coming up? on 11:38 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

I bet i 'get out' a damn sight more than you do

Not very original, are you?

You bet you get out a damn sight more than I do? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Signing coming up? on 14:43 - Jul 23 with 1919 viewsRippDale

Signing coming up? on 12:26 - Jul 23 by rochedale

You bet you get out a damn sight more than I do? What a ridiculous thing to say.

I think the over reaction to a Twitter post is partly bourne out from a general frustration with the lack of transfer activity this summer. It's obvious that the squad hasn't been good enough for the past 2 seasons yet the only changes are 2 kids on loan and a currently injured centre half
Signing coming up? on 15:55 - Jul 23 with 1785 viewsD_Alien

Signing coming up? on 12:26 - Jul 23 by rochedale

Should i respond to this banality, which you've used before when you can't think of an interesting response?

Oh go on then! Do you recall inviting me to 'get out more'? It belongs back in the 1970s along with your attitude to the female sex

It's well known how much of a lick-spittling hanger on at the club you are. How do you think Frances Fielding would view your "bunch of girls" comment? I was trying to save you from your own archaic attitudes, you ungrateful sniveller

Signing coming up? on 19:12 - Jul 23 with 1505 viewssoulboy

Signing coming up? on 15:55 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

Should i respond to this banality, which you've used before when you can't think of an interesting response?

Oh go on then! Do you recall inviting me to 'get out more'? It belongs back in the 1970s along with your attitude to the female sex

It's well known how much of a lick-spittling hanger on at the club you are. How do you think Frances Fielding would view your "bunch of girls" comment? I was trying to save you from your own archaic attitudes, you ungrateful sniveller

Cant you tell the schools have broken up.
Signing coming up? on 19:30 - Jul 23 with 1462 viewsrochedale

Signing coming up? on 15:55 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

You talk jibberish. I have no involvement with the club apart from the occasional game. You carry on though.

Signing coming up? on 17:17 - Jul 24 with 1018 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Signing coming up? on 17:18 - Jul 24 with 1013 viewsjudd

Signing coming up? on 17:17 - Jul 24 by James1980

That'd make a great billboard poster....

Signing coming up? on 17:36 - Jul 24 with 977 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Signing coming up? on 17:18 - Jul 24 by judd

That'd make a great billboard poster....

As long as you can see it from whitworth rd and Castleton

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024