Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... 19:54 - Feb 23 with 5961 viewsRAFCBLUE

In all competitions our record is:

Played 10 ; Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 8.
Conceded - 29 (TWENTY-NINE)
Scored - 11

We had a transfer window that saw, in permanent terms 5 players lost, signed 1.

12 games left; 4 of which are against the current top 5. Luton (a) next.

Lose those 4 and it becomes 16 points from 8 games and the worst goal difference in the League.

Bookies have us second favourites to be relegated (after AFC Wimbledon)

So, Kilpatrick and Bottomley - over to you.

I posted a thread about "Unity" on New Year's Day.

It's abundantly clear there is currently none.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 19:59]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 12:02 - Feb 24 with 1424 views442Dale

Again, when the Trust confirm when their next monthly meeting is with the club so members/fans can send in questions, we might be able to put forward some of those raised on here and elsewhere.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Since Chris Dunphy on 12:14 - Feb 24 with 1386 viewsD_Alien

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 11:59 - Feb 24 by Shun

Pretty much my thoughts, boromat.

I’m just mindful of a number of posters alluding to massive things that have occurred behind the scenes. I’ve had a few people tell me a few different things that all seem to point to the club not being a happy place right now. With that in mind I do wonder why so many people are focusing on Hill losing his job rather than any other more pernicious elements higher up at the club losing theirs.

Obviously Hill isn’t doing a great job, but if I had the kind of turmoil above my head that I understand he has then I probably wouldn’t be doing my job as well either. I’d just ask people to really think who the real opposition is here.

I'll second that

There has been some support, or acceptance in the past, around the idea of us being a yo-yo club (between L1/L2), or at least that was mooted as infinitely preferable to languishing in the lower reaches of L2. No future guarantees with that, of course

Quite simply, this is what relegation looks like, but there are more ominous reasons for dissatisfaction, which may or may not be reflected on the pitch. Relegation comes about when teams fall behind the standard of the division which we clearly have done, and it's a process occurring over the past 18 months. Do I think Hill should be given a chance to rectify that, should the seemingly inevitable happen? At the moment, yes

Do I think our Chairman/CEO configuration is acceptable? No

The bigger question is, to what extent are the two linked - the changes at the top (which may have been in the pipeline for some time) and performances on the pitch

[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 12:18]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Since Chris Dunphy on 13:07 - Feb 24 with 1315 viewsjonahwhereru

Must be getting geriatric because I am repeating myself again here but as long as we are competitive (and given yesterday we were chasing the game with a man down for the last half hour that one I’ll treat as an outlier) then KH has earned the right to manage us until the team are in the position he picked us up from. So bottom half of league two. Football is so different to any other business. In any other if someone bought about considerable improvements they would not be in fear of their job until that position had deteriorated from the position they inherited.

Do think a sabbatical like the ceo of Lloyd’s took may help him, but he is a very proud man to ask for that.

Keith I am with you untilwe are only able to punch to our weight in the EFL, just as long as we are competing
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 18:22 - Feb 24 with 1164 viewsColDale

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 22:45 - Feb 23 by SuddenLad

Ask James Mason about his experiences.............remember hm ? The best CEO we could have possibly hoped to have. Every Bradford fan said how lucky we were to get him. Presumably, the heirarchy here thought otherwise. Wasted no time in getting shut of him, in favour of Action Man.

With respect to James, he came into the club on a part time basis at the same time as he launched his new agency business. I don't know whether the part time thing was at his request or the club's but I'd doubt that he suddenly launched the agency to fill his days off, so my guess would be it was on his terms. Equally, his twitter feed from that time would suggest where his priority was his fledgling business rather than the club. Seemed a nice fella and I don't doubt his popularity from Bradford, but I'm not convinced his heart and soul was in it.
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 18:23 - Feb 24 with 1163 viewsColDale

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 12:02 - Feb 24 by 442Dale

Again, when the Trust confirm when their next monthly meeting is with the club so members/fans can send in questions, we might be able to put forward some of those raised on here and elsewhere.

The last one took place on 28th Jan from memory. That meeting sorted out the end of season do, work towards the Southend game, discussions on the Joey T retirement and subsequent activities. We've not got another meeting booked in at the moment, but I'm sure we'll have something in the next week or so. We'll stick something on the site when we have it arranged.
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 08:19 - Feb 25 with 959 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I think most fans could stomach relegation if the manager/players/staff were giving their all, all the time. I don`t think that has been the case this season, primarily as we found ourselves in the position of P24 W8 D6 L10 pts30 around Xmas ( i think those figures are accurate) and seemed to have a decent cushion.

This led to lethargy on the pitch and Hill thinking he could make some money by getting rid of our better players and still manage to stay up. Unfortunately our defending has been comical and that with a manager who was a defender. The manager has not been able to get any of the players to play the system he wants them to play, yet he still persists with it. That is the first sign of madness.

We aren`t the only club punching above our weight so I don`t see that as a valid excuse any more. The answer is in the stepping down of Mr Dunphy and his obvious dislike of the direction the majority of directors wanted the club to take. For the first time in my life I am considering finding something better to do with my time and money and the affect attending games puts on me physically. Sometimes I feel that the pain just isn`t worth it and I hate feeling this way about the football club I love.
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 09:54 - Feb 25 with 832 viewsParkinsGimp

5 year contract and letting KJH rule as he wants had nothing to do with Dumbo did it?
He is a culpable as the rest for this mess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024