Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter? 16:58 - Nov 3 with 7958 viewsSmellyplumz

Sort it out

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Potter? on 09:09 - Nov 4 with 1520 viewsthornabyswan

Potter? on 08:55 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

When we win it’s in spite of Potter, when we lose it’s because of him.

Did he say no to an autograph or something?

A couple of players short of having a very good side.
A hard man in midfield and a backup for Ollie.

Also need to get Roberts VDH signed up on new contracts.
I think Fer will be off which is a shame as will Bony Narsingh and Routeledge.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter? on 09:26 - Nov 4 with 1490 viewsFireboy2

Potter? on 08:02 - Nov 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Coasting? We were only 1-0 up. If your team is 'coasting' when you're only 1-0 up your manager isn't doing a very good job as he should make changes to aim to put the game out of sight, not to 'coast' to a 1-0 win.

Did you go?
Potter? on 09:38 - Nov 4 with 1465 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter? on 09:09 - Nov 4 by thornabyswan

A couple of players short of having a very good side.
A hard man in midfield and a backup for Ollie.

Also need to get Roberts VDH signed up on new contracts.
I think Fer will be off which is a shame as will Bony Narsingh and Routeledge.

I wonder what wage Fer is on. If he DID go and we got a nice fee for him I'm sure we could find a more than adequate replacement. I think his strength is his strength. Oh for a Bodde type now, he'd be EXACTLY the right fit for that position. Grimes looks great there but we'd need extra cover for injuries and Carroll is not physical enough there.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potter? on 09:43 - Nov 4 with 1455 viewsthornabyswan

Potter? on 09:38 - Nov 4 by Brynmill_Jack

I wonder what wage Fer is on. If he DID go and we got a nice fee for him I'm sure we could find a more than adequate replacement. I think his strength is his strength. Oh for a Bodde type now, he'd be EXACTLY the right fit for that position. Grimes looks great there but we'd need extra cover for injuries and Carroll is not physical enough there.

Fer is out of contract so no fee if he goes unless it's January.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter? on 09:46 - Nov 4 with 1434 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter? on 09:43 - Nov 4 by thornabyswan

Fer is out of contract so no fee if he goes unless it's January.

Ah thanks for that. He must be on 40k plus though surely?

Potter? on 09:52 - Nov 4 with 1425 viewsthornabyswan

Potter? on 09:46 - Nov 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Ah thanks for that. He must be on 40k plus though surely?

Yes that's what I was thinking and with income reducing next season I can't see us paying that sort of wage.
But with Bony Narsingh and Routeledge out of contract as well
My estimate is 200 grand a week saved.
Hopefully Potter will find a couple of gems on wages we can afford

Potter? on 10:18 - Nov 4 with 1377 viewsjasper_T

Potter? on 08:55 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

When we win it’s in spite of Potter, when we lose it’s because of him.

Did he say no to an autograph or something?

Do you think Potter did a good job yesterday?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 10:19]
Potter? on 10:22 - Nov 4 with 1366 viewsmonmouth

Potter? on 09:52 - Nov 4 by thornabyswan

Yes that's what I was thinking and with income reducing next season I can't see us paying that sort of wage.
But with Bony Narsingh and Routeledge out of contract as well
My estimate is 200 grand a week saved.
Hopefully Potter will find a couple of gems on wages we can afford

What about the shit loans we have farmed out. When is 18m for one decent game Ayews contract up and his c*nt of a brother? If we get them back that’s probably all the champ money gone.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Potter? on 10:43 - Nov 4 with 1348 viewsthornabyswan

Potter? on 10:22 - Nov 4 by monmouth

What about the shit loans we have farmed out. When is 18m for one decent game Ayews contract up and his c*nt of a brother? If we get them back that’s probably all the champ money gone.

Loaned out again is the best we can hope for on Ayews and Baston.

Potter? on 10:49 - Nov 4 with 1335 views34dfgdf54

Potter? on 10:18 - Nov 4 by jasper_T

Do you think Potter did a good job yesterday?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 10:19]

Not seen the game. Only highlights.

But the overall feedback is positive, you only need to look at the comments on the Rotheram forum. Two mistakes killed us and not finishing the chances when they are coming, nothing to do with Potter. He picked the same team basically and didn’t tinker, which was widely asked for on here. You’ve got a weird grudge against him, he must have upset one of your friends in the academy or something like that.
Potter? on 10:55 - Nov 4 with 1325 viewsthornabyswan

Potter? on 10:49 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

But the overall feedback is positive, you only need to look at the comments on the Rotheram forum. Two mistakes killed us and not finishing the chances when they are coming, nothing to do with Potter. He picked the same team basically and didn’t tinker, which was widely asked for on here. You’ve got a weird grudge against him, he must have upset one of your friends in the academy or something like that.

He rates our directors quite highly though.

Potter? on 11:27 - Nov 4 with 1297 viewsexiledclaseboy

Potter? on 10:55 - Nov 4 by thornabyswan

He rates our directors quite highly though.

Jasper and badlands have been at it for weeks. Both slagging Potter and both clearly have some kind of links to the club and/or the sellouts. Intriguing.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 11:35]

Poll: Tory leader

Potter? on 11:34 - Nov 4 with 1281 viewsDarran

Potter? on 11:27 - Nov 4 by exiledclaseboy

Jasper and badlands have been at it for weeks. Both slagging Potter and both clearly have some kind of links to the club and/or the sellouts. Intriguing.

You’re spot on as usual my dear Chum.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Potter? on 12:22 - Nov 4 with 1242 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Being as far from an insider as is possible, why would the sellouts turn on Potter?

Potter? on 12:22 - Nov 4 with 1242 viewsjasper_T

Potter? on 10:49 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

If you had watched the game you would have seen us gradually letting them back in it during the second half as they adapted to our threats and our players tired. Potter did nothing to manage the game (like, say, replacing Fer who only has an hour in his legs at the best of times, and had a dodgy first half).

Neither player that gave away a penalty should have been on the pitch at the time.
Potter? on 12:26 - Nov 4 with 1233 viewsCooperman

Now I understand your comment of yesterday evening.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Potter? on 14:18 - Nov 4 with 1192 viewsUplandsJack

I'm really not getting this negativity towards Potter by a few on here.
Obviously he's not perfect and still developing within his trade. If he was, being straight, he wouldn't be managing us.
But it's plain to see to even an idiot, he likes his teams to play the game the right way. The very same way, most on here have been begging to see played since Laudrup left.
In my mind he's doing a bloody fantastic job, with one hand tied behind his back.
Yes it's bloody frustrating when we basically batter teams for the majority of a game, yet come away with nothing. And yes maybe he could have freshened things up a bit a little earlier. But he can only work with the quality hes given.
Potter was clinging on with the 11 he sent out because he knows the bench has no bite to it. Now is that his fault?
As a few other posters have written in this and other threads, we are 3 or so players away, from being a major threat in this league. Do I think he will get them with this current board. Very unlikely, but we have to hope.
Finally I do have to add ,that I too have absolutely no understanding of why he persists with KN in goal. Yes his distribution is relatively good and his shot stopping is quite acrobatic, but I believe Mulder is a bit more of a steady eddy all round and most importantly seems from the terraces anyway to give more confidence to the players in front of him.
Potter? on 14:37 - Nov 4 with 1175 viewsjasper_T

Potter? on 14:18 - Nov 4 by UplandsJack

I'm really not getting this negativity towards Potter by a few on here.
Obviously he's not perfect and still developing within his trade. If he was, being straight, he wouldn't be managing us.
But it's plain to see to even an idiot, he likes his teams to play the game the right way. The very same way, most on here have been begging to see played since Laudrup left.
In my mind he's doing a bloody fantastic job, with one hand tied behind his back.
Yes it's bloody frustrating when we basically batter teams for the majority of a game, yet come away with nothing. And yes maybe he could have freshened things up a bit a little earlier. But he can only work with the quality hes given.
Potter was clinging on with the 11 he sent out because he knows the bench has no bite to it. Now is that his fault?
As a few other posters have written in this and other threads, we are 3 or so players away, from being a major threat in this league. Do I think he will get them with this current board. Very unlikely, but we have to hope.
Finally I do have to add ,that I too have absolutely no understanding of why he persists with KN in goal. Yes his distribution is relatively good and his shot stopping is quite acrobatic, but I believe Mulder is a bit more of a steady eddy all round and most importantly seems from the terraces anyway to give more confidence to the players in front of him.

Every team in the league is "3 or so players away" if you listen to their fans. Due to the financial realities down here only moneybags outliers like Wolves can ever complete the set.

Patchwork squads and blooding youngsters is part and parcel of Championship management for all but a rare few.
Potter? on 14:46 - Nov 4 with 1160 viewsmonmouth

Potter? on 14:37 - Nov 4 by jasper_T

Every team in the league is "3 or so players away" if you listen to their fans. Due to the financial realities down here only moneybags outliers like Wolves can ever complete the set.

Patchwork squads and blooding youngsters is part and parcel of Championship management for all but a rare few.

So is he doing a good job overall or not?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Potter? on 15:03 - Nov 4 with 1143 viewsjasper_T

Potter? on 14:46 - Nov 4 by monmouth

So is he doing a good job overall or not?

He's doing alright. Positive environment, good brand of football. It's just a shame he's spoiling so much good work with these bizarre and blatant mistakes (changing winning sides, no subs yesterday, Nordfeldt in general). We could easily be right up there.
Potter? on 15:13 - Nov 4 with 1116 viewsScottishEddie

Potter? on 09:26 - Nov 4 by Fireboy2

Did you go?

You’ve been to your first game of the season and you’ve told everyone 20 times and know your having a go at someone, give it a rest.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Potter? on 15:14 - Nov 4 with 1115 viewslondonlisa2001

Potter? on 12:22 - Nov 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Being as far from an insider as is possible, why would the sellouts turn on Potter?

Because otherwise Potter is doing a fantastic job with what he’s been given, which is the result of abject financial mismanagement.

They’d prefer to blame the manager for any losses rather than the circumstances that have resulted in the squad he has been given.

Jasper has been doing the same thing pretty constantly for the whole season. Talking up the kids, repeating claims about us having a squad that could ‘p*ss the league’, blaming Potter and his decision making for any losses.
Potter? on 15:28 - Nov 4 with 1080 viewsScottishEddie

Potter? on 15:14 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

Because otherwise Potter is doing a fantastic job with what he’s been given, which is the result of abject financial mismanagement.

They’d prefer to blame the manager for any losses rather than the circumstances that have resulted in the squad he has been given.

Jasper has been doing the same thing pretty constantly for the whole season. Talking up the kids, repeating claims about us having a squad that could ‘p*ss the league’, blaming Potter and his decision making for any losses.

Trust party line, who gets the credit when we win?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Potter? on 15:40 - Nov 4 with 1059 viewsFireboy2

Potter? on 15:13 - Nov 4 by ScottishEddie

You’ve been to your first game of the season and you’ve told everyone 20 times and know your having a go at someone, give it a rest.

My 4th actually

All defeats

And who rattled your cage?

Its nothing to do with you you fvcking WUM?
Potter? on 15:47 - Nov 4 with 1051 viewslondonlisa2001

Potter? on 15:28 - Nov 4 by ScottishEddie

Trust party line, who gets the credit when we win?

Don’t have a Trust party line on when we win to be honest.

Nor on when we lose.

The party line isn’t coming from the Trust...

If you want my personal view, I think picking Nordfeldt is mistaken. Although his distribution works well in setting up the way we play, first and foremost we need a confident goalkeeper and I don’t think he is as good as Mulder at controlling the box with confidence. I also think we are desperate for an alternative to Oli McBurnie and we don’t have one. And an alternative to Fer and we don’t have one. I don’t mean bodies but actual alternatives.

And on a general note from what I’ve seen a few additions could have meant we’d really compete in this division. The standard is not high. We haven’t been able to provide that as we are trying to sort out a financial mess caused by several seasons of appalling purchases demonstrated by us having players that cost tens of millions out on loan with absolutely no one wanting to buy them permanently, and tens of thousands of pounds of weekly salaries sitting in the players box every home game with absolutely no one wanting to touch them with a barge pole.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024