Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I despair.... 15:22 - Aug 23 with 5721 viewsr66

.....of supposed "fans"
Whilst I have been a fan for over 50 years, I freely confess to being only an occasional visitor to Loftus Road over more recent years, although I have been to the last two home games and what I heard and saw makes me realise why I rarely go now and have 'fallen out of love' with football in general. So, I bow to those who have suffered the pain of following our team over recent years much more close at hand than I.
However, to hear our own young goalkeeper (whatever his failings) booed, jeered and ridiculed was sad.
To hear others of our own players booed and jeered barely minutes into the game was sad.
To listen to people singing "you don't know what you're doing" (as if they would have a clue!!) and "you're getting sacked in the morning" (I'd love someone come into their workplace and chant that at them!!)) makes me realise what a moronic character the archetypal modern football fan has become...not all by any means but far too many!!
The corny line that "football is all about opinions" is true and everybody is entitled to theirs but how can the behaviour of some help our team??
Whether you supported Holloway or not, whether you support McClaren or not, whether you rate Ingram, Washington, Bidwell or whoever, you are entitled to your opinion but how can catcalling and ridiculing them help this club??
So, if we change the manager...how long do we give him to provide instant success before the same nonsense starts...obviously not as many as 5!!!! That's as many as McClaren has had!!
This message board has many and varied contributors with an array of opinions, excellently moderated by Clive, and if you want to sound off.....fair enough but confine it to here. When you're at the ground, support the team, whoever is playing/managing/running the club....how can some of the behaviour on Tuesday night help us get out of our current plight??
I turned to a guy on Tuesday evening and asked him how jeering Ingram would help his performance...he looked at me blankly as if I'd come from Mars!! It said it all.
I despair.... on 20:18 - Aug 23 with 1278 viewsessextaxiboy

I spend most games in silence with my head in my hands . I know every centimetre of the concrete between my feet intimately
I despair.... on 20:30 - Aug 23 with 1246 viewssmegma

I despair.... on 17:45 - Aug 23 by Addinall

You and me both.

Been at it since '47.

So has harrys dog
I despair.... on 20:32 - Aug 23 with 1242 viewsNewYorkRanger

I despair.... on 20:13 - Aug 23 by kingo

No you are obviously a glory hunter ;)

Damn right I am :)

My biggest regret as a QPR fan, possibly just in general life, is that I did not make it back for the Wembley play off final. There were some circumstances around that but still, I should've been there. I was at Wembley in 82 (twice) in 86 and at Cardiff in 2003. All the glory days......

Glory hunter, me

I despair.... on 20:36 - Aug 23 with 1231 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

With r66 on this. Not sure much has changed over 50 years in terms of the moronic elements in our support. Though these days there seems to less respect, less humour, more anger, impatience and entitlement generally.
I despair.... on 20:55 - Aug 23 with 1202 viewsconnell10

Wally totally deserved all the stick he got at the Bristol game and to come out after the match to say the youngsters need help when the only young player out there was Eze was treating the fans as if they are stupid!!! I thought the fans backed the team well considering the shite they have served up lately! Let’s be honest here the Rangers fans have always been a fickle lot and I’ve been going since 76. I can remember many a night when the chant of “What a load of rubbish” rang round the ground! Very hard crowd to please sometimes but get them on your side and they are bloody brilliant!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

I despair.... on 22:50 - Aug 23 with 1148 viewsEsox_Lucius

I despair.... on 19:29 - Aug 23 by paulparker

What are going on about now ??
Do you actually read posts ?

Il repeat what I said one more time for you
If people want to pay their hard earned and have a go that’s their porogative
If people want to clap and say bad luck rangers , again good for them
A bit like you standing up to Barton and redknapp ( so you say) that’s your right you pay your money you have right to show appreciation or displeasure
They are QPR fans and the way the club has performed and acted they are lucky they are actually going through the door , if Ingram can’t hack someone calling him Sh1t when he is playing badly he is in the wrong game and if mclaren can’t hack it he shouldn’t take the thousands he does
My point is the club is in a right old mess due to years of neglect the fans have a right to be p1ssed off so scoring cheap points calling them morons or Chelsea fans is very low and bang out of order

Btw why did you have a go at Barton and redknapp to their faces
How did that help QPR at the time when we were in relegation trouble ? perhaps you should answer your own question and perhaps you will find the answer

The main difference here is that I never did it during games, and never have. You also failed to answer my question about booing and jeering the players during a game; how does it help? The way you evaded that simple question leads me to believe that you don't have an answer and know that it is detrimental which then begs the question, why do it?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 23:03]

The grass is always greener.

I despair.... on 23:31 - Aug 23 with 1118 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I despair.... on 20:36 - Aug 23 by Spaghetti_Hoops

With r66 on this. Not sure much has changed over 50 years in terms of the moronic elements in our support. Though these days there seems to less respect, less humour, more anger, impatience and entitlement generally.

I think humour is the greatest loss because then the others (respect, anger, patience, etc) don't matter.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 23:32]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

I despair.... on 23:54 - Aug 23 with 1101 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I despair.... on 15:59 - Aug 23 by paulparker

its funny how all these fans who come on here and slag off other s for having quite rightly the hump in how our the club is being run always start off with
"ive been going over 50 years"

Most of us have got the hump mate but I think his point was expressing it like that is unhelpful and can make things worse. Look at the headlines the next morning. Now they are under even more pressure Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

I despair.... on 00:37 - Aug 24 with 1075 viewstimcocking

Hearing people booing our players when they are struggling is so sad. And it's part of the reason we're in such trouble.

Swearing at Luke Freeman who has created more goals and chances than any other player in the league over the last two years, that's brilliant.
I despair.... on 04:49 - Aug 24 with 1048 viewsBushRanger82

Been going down to Loftus Rd since 1972.

Crowd has always shown it's displeasure at shit teams giving shit performances, and barracking the worst players.

It's not a new phenomenon, not at Loftus Rd, and I suspect, not at any other club, either.
I despair.... on 06:31 - Aug 24 with 1028 viewscyprusmel

I despair.... on 00:37 - Aug 24 by timcocking

Hearing people booing our players when they are struggling is so sad. And it's part of the reason we're in such trouble.

Swearing at Luke Freeman who has created more goals and chances than any other player in the league over the last two years, that's brilliant.

Very true Tim, people who boo and barrack the players have to realize the players don't step onto the pitch with the idea of playing poorly, making mistakes etc.

The players probably have mums and dads, brothers sisters, friends other family members and in some cases children watching them, they only want to do their best.

If they continue to be poor game after game that is not their fault it's the fault of the manager for selecting them. If they are not good enough for this division again it's down to the manager for selecting them

At the moment the team is having a bad time and confidence is low, some will be nervous stepping onto the pitch and it will not help them or improve them when the first misplaced pass or fumbling save is met with abuse and swearing from the terraces.

Football is partly a confidence thing and right now the players need the fans to stand with them not against them. It could be the difference between staying up or relegation.

60 years an R if that makes any difference.
I despair.... on 06:36 - Aug 24 with 1023 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I despair.... on 15:53 - Aug 23 by stevec

Yes, I loved it when Leach proved many wrong and forgot about Wilks, he used to get slaughtered.

Ron Abbott, Brian Williams, they got far worse at the ground than this present lot. I thought they got off rather lightly on Tuesday night, though up in SAR it was considerably more restrained than Ellerslie.

As this thread has developed into a bit of an old codgers affair, I'd like to thank the many for making me feel a young pup with a mere 45 or so years of misery.

While I agree with the OP on the effects of jeering your own players, I have to say that I am only 99% in agreement. For my money, Brian Williams didn't get near enough abuse! Which itself would not even register on the Richter scale of abuse the likes JET, SWP, Bosingwa all deserved.

If a guy is not good enough, then it's not his fault he's failing; it's either the manager and/or club for picking and/or buying him. But if that guy is really trying his level best and isn't being woefully negligent in his play, then I'll give him man every encouragement. We're all entitled to a bad at the office, we've all struggled and been supported through it, in the current circumstances we find ourselves, it'd would be nice if we remembered that.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

I despair.... on 06:49 - Aug 24 with 1013 viewsKerryE

I despair.... on 17:56 - Aug 23 by peejaybee

What would they think of Arthur Jefferson.

My Dad always used to go on about Arthur Jefferson. Was he the one who was a great slide tackler?
I despair.... on 07:55 - Aug 24 with 970 viewsHantsR

I despair.... on 15:28 - Aug 23 by stevec

To be honest with you, was you coming down here in the early Mick Leach era ?

Yes and I also remember Mike Leach scoring some elegant headed goals and being carried round the pitch on the shoulders of supporters singing his name at the end of the last game of one season. He and Alan Wilks were seen as the terrible twins, especially when Rodney was injured for the start of our very first season at the top level.
I despair.... on 08:13 - Aug 24 with 947 viewspaulparker

I despair.... on 22:50 - Aug 23 by Esox_Lucius

The main difference here is that I never did it during games, and never have. You also failed to answer my question about booing and jeering the players during a game; how does it help? The way you evaded that simple question leads me to believe that you don't have an answer and know that it is detrimental which then begs the question, why do it?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 23:03]

I haven't booed during games either , ive never seen the point really , but sometimes I understand those who do

But from what I can make out the jeering and chanting started after the 3rd goal went in
so it should have zero effect on the players and management as the game was lost and done with and lets face it after that display and the one against WBA it was deserved , on the hand during the game the fans were getting behind the team were they not ?
what effect did that have , oh yeah zero , so you can chant rangers ra ra ra or whatever you do and it didn't make a difference either did it

I would say imo having a go at players after a 3- 0 loss is more acceptable than calling them out before a game wouldn't you say Mr Hypocrite ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I despair.... on 08:16 - Aug 24 with 941 viewspaulparker

I despair.... on 23:54 - Aug 23 by CroydonCaptJack

Most of us have got the hump mate but I think his point was expressing it like that is unhelpful and can make things worse. Look at the headlines the next morning. Now they are under even more pressure Saturday.

I love you Captain , but im going to have to disagree with you here , the 7-1 put them under pressure , they had a chance to put it right the crowd wasn't on their backs before kick off but that performance on that pitch has put themselves under pressure for Saturday , its got nothing to do with the fans
the OP and the other one who talks non stop rubbish are probably the ones who booed the fans against man city in 87

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I despair.... on 08:25 - Aug 24 with 927 viewsEsox_Lucius

I despair.... on 08:13 - Aug 24 by paulparker

I haven't booed during games either , ive never seen the point really , but sometimes I understand those who do

But from what I can make out the jeering and chanting started after the 3rd goal went in
so it should have zero effect on the players and management as the game was lost and done with and lets face it after that display and the one against WBA it was deserved , on the hand during the game the fans were getting behind the team were they not ?
what effect did that have , oh yeah zero , so you can chant rangers ra ra ra or whatever you do and it didn't make a difference either did it

I would say imo having a go at players after a 3- 0 loss is more acceptable than calling them out before a game wouldn't you say Mr Hypocrite ?

The side was booed off at half time. I'm sure that didn't affect them at all... or give the City manager an easy team talk at half time.

The grass is always greener.

I despair.... on 08:50 - Aug 24 with 902 viewspaulparker

I despair.... on 08:25 - Aug 24 by Esox_Lucius

The side was booed off at half time. I'm sure that didn't affect them at all... or give the City manager an easy team talk at half time.

maybe your right
but perhaps the players should have used that as motivation to ram the boos down the throats of those fans , but they didn't , they hid, switched off , and took no notice of what the manager said at H/T

I despair.... on 11:37 - Aug 24 with 834 viewsTheChef

I despair.... on 08:50 - Aug 24 by paulparker

maybe your right
but perhaps the players should have used that as motivation to ram the boos down the throats of those fans , but they didn't , they hid, switched off , and took no notice of what the manager said at H/T

When was the last time our players took any notice of what the manager said (or didn't say) at half time?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024