Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitter taste about Sweetmore 11:20 - Apr 30 with 51558 viewsswiggy

Apparently Dave Sweetmore has been given his job back for next season despite the club announcing Eden Bearshaw as his replacement. What a sad day for the integrity of RAFC. How can you give someone a job and then give back word on the last day of the season, this leaves a very bitter taste on a day that could go down in the clubs history. Trust has been severely compromised and I'm sure this will have a negative affect on season ticket sales. I for one had been a certainty but am now thinking of not purchasing. Sad sad day for the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:49 - May 2 with 2923 viewsNafelad

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:24 - May 2 by D_Alien

Can't we just let the young man make his own mind up?

I know your post is well-meaning and not meant to directly influence him, but if I was in his position I'd be taking advice from those I trusted but then making my own decision

First and foremost, an apology is required. How that's handled will go a long way towards the eventual outcome

Certainly not trying to influence him - that never entered my mind. I was simply saying what my attitude would be if I was in his position.

Topcat

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:57 - May 2 with 2894 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:49 - May 2 by Nafelad

Certainly not trying to influence him - that never entered my mind. I was simply saying what my attitude would be if I was in his position.

Yes, I fully accept that, and I apologise if I gave the impression that's what I thought you were trying to do

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:59 - May 2 with 2881 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Ssimp62. You were led to believe that Eden was made aware by the club (I presume) that Sweetmore may return and, if this happened, this would mean he would not take the role as described? Can you confirm when Eden was supposedly made aware of this proviso?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:18 - May 2 with 2794 viewsssimp62

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:59 - May 2 by BigDaveMyCock

Ssimp62. You were led to believe that Eden was made aware by the club (I presume) that Sweetmore may return and, if this happened, this would mean he would not take the role as described? Can you confirm when Eden was supposedly made aware of this proviso?

As i understood it was within a week. He told me he had moved to the Lakes on the Monday at the beginning of April and had returned by Friday the same week, quickly realising he wasn't ready to give up his music stuff and be as far away from his mates. He was very honest about it, saying the club were amongst the first to know and called in his replacement straight away to let him know the situation. Why its only just come out before the Bradford game and what made Eden change his mind i genuinely have no idea, this is all from one conversation with Sweetmore on Sunday, which as i said previously, i found him to be a very approachable, honest and likeable kind of guy.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:25 - May 2 with 2768 views442Dale

For reference, the announcement about Eden's appointment was on Friday 7th April:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/eden-bearshaw-appointed-as-dal

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:40 - May 2 with 2646 viewsTVOS1907

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 18:08 - May 2 by ssimp62

First time poster here, regular reader.

I have been coming to Dale games for 10 years and sit in the main stand with my brother and his son.

I felt the need to respond to this post, in disgust at some of these comments after meeting Sweetmore at the presentation night.

Firstly - i'm not a fan of his music, but i do appreciate how many fans are and how much publicity we get. I'd never spoke to him before Sunday but had seen him around the club, with a recognisable swagger and attitude that reminds me very much of Keith Hill.

He has been a long serving, and in most parts well respected servant to this club, and i would suggest there has never been, or never will be, a tannoy man in any of the football leagues that has got his club as much excellent media attention and exposure over the years. Sky Sports announcing his departure - has that ever happened with any other people in his role? will it ever happen again? The number of people i witnessed asking for their picture with him on Sunday showed to me how liked he is by the majority.

After seeing his tweet that night (now deleted) asking somebody to speak to his face rather than by social media i decided to myself go and meet the man. I didnt know what to expect, but what i got was the most approachable individual i could wish to meet.

I asked him about the situation in which he was obviously very saddened. He told me on the club finding out he was staying in the area, THEY had asked him to remain in the job. Other clubs (he said three) had offered him work when his statement was released about staying in Rochdale, but after being asked by Dale to stay he turned them down to remain here. He asked what the situation would be with the new gentleman and was told he would be offered to work alongside him. Sweetmore didn't want him to be 'just fired off' as he put it. The club agreed but couldn't speak to the new chap as he was on holiday.

On Sunday, the appointed person (Eden??) was called into the office on arrival where he was told Sweetmore would be staying (something which he had already been told was a possibility before his holiday). Agreed the club were wrong to tell him on the last day of the season.

Sweetmore then said that the new person had been asked to stay on and do announcements, working with him as he did the music. Dave told me he thought this would be a great idea and that the new chap was going to be a huge success.

Eden? (sorry if thats wrong) then changed his mind and walked out. I perhaps shouldnt write this but Sweetmore told me he had later asked Eden to meet him the the Dale bar after the game for a chat, as he had planned on offering to help him progress with his media career and give him some advice and ideas, through his own contacts. Eden declined.

I feel the abuse given to our current tannoyman is uncalled for, the amount he has done for this club, both across the media and with the events he hosts (i've never been but i really hope he doesn't stop if he reads this forum, i wouldn't blame him)

I did ask him if he did read the message boards and he said 'no i cant be doing with it its all negativity'

The newly appointed matchday announcer / tannoy person is obviously a friend of the handful of people who post in this group. The way the club have dealt with this is wrong. A statement needs to be made. It seems quite obvious they want our current man to remain in the role, which i for one fully understand.

Dave Sweetmore is / has been / will hopefully continue to be a great public ambassador for this club and if you cant see that then you must be very narrow minded.

My brother and i were excited to be hearing a new voice at spotland but were also happy when we found out our current man was staying.

I get that you are all friends with the new / maybe new tannoyman but some of the junk written on here is frankly embarrassing to the club.

Sweetmore is well respected in many parts and IF he has left we should be wishing him every success. IF he stays we should be grateful for the media exposure he gets the club.

As for Eden - lets hope something can be sorted, i dont know what, but the club need to make a decision and tell the fans NOW.

We are meant to support our club in any decision they make. This forum makes it seem like a forum versus club, constantly.

Its been handled badly - yes. But lets support the club - they know how to run a successful club, we don't.

The more i think about it and read, the more i hope Sweetmore stays. (But sorts out the awful sound system).

Up The Dale.

That's quite in depth for someone you had just met. Were you taking notes?

Unfortunately, it contains quite a lot of assumptions, one-sidedness and untruths, in particular this one:

"I get that you are all friends with the new / maybe new tannoyman"

Really? How do you come to that conclusion? Can't people post their opinions honestly and without favour?

Or maybe that idea was planted...
[Post edited 2 May 2017 20:46]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:46 - May 2 with 2587 viewsBartRowou

Never met either of em. Just want a change.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:50 - May 2 with 2547 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:18 - May 2 by ssimp62

As i understood it was within a week. He told me he had moved to the Lakes on the Monday at the beginning of April and had returned by Friday the same week, quickly realising he wasn't ready to give up his music stuff and be as far away from his mates. He was very honest about it, saying the club were amongst the first to know and called in his replacement straight away to let him know the situation. Why its only just come out before the Bradford game and what made Eden change his mind i genuinely have no idea, this is all from one conversation with Sweetmore on Sunday, which as i said previously, i found him to be a very approachable, honest and likeable kind of guy.

Absolutely, you can only reflect how it appeared to you, it's just the timing isn't right. Sweetmore returns from the Lakes on the same day as Eden is announced as his replacement with all the fanfare from the club and Sweetmore. I was under the impression Sweetmore announced his decision to stay on or around the 17th. Do you know when the club supposedly informed Eden that Sweetmore was staying, must have been after this date?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:54 - May 2 with 2523 viewspioneer

The silence from the club is deafening. Its about time they came clean.

If the version of events presented here is accurate then they have some explaining/apologising to do. If they are not then supporters need to hear the club's version of events. Without that the mudslinging is only going to get worse and this cannot be helpful to the season ticket drive.

Come on Russ.....what is your version of what happened?
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:06 - May 2 with 2421 viewsssimp62

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:40 - May 2 by TVOS1907

That's quite in depth for someone you had just met. Were you taking notes?

Unfortunately, it contains quite a lot of assumptions, one-sidedness and untruths, in particular this one:

"I get that you are all friends with the new / maybe new tannoyman"

Really? How do you come to that conclusion? Can't people post their opinions honestly and without favour?

Or maybe that idea was planted...
[Post edited 2 May 2017 20:46]

I'm merely telling of the conversation. I took the assumption many people were friends with Eden by the 'I Know him Comments'. Are you connected with the club? Tvos as in the programme? or is that just a name? Have been curious of that for a while when reading comments.
Steve.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:08 - May 2 with 2407 viewsssimp62

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:50 - May 2 by BigDaveMyCock

Absolutely, you can only reflect how it appeared to you, it's just the timing isn't right. Sweetmore returns from the Lakes on the same day as Eden is announced as his replacement with all the fanfare from the club and Sweetmore. I was under the impression Sweetmore announced his decision to stay on or around the 17th. Do you know when the club supposedly informed Eden that Sweetmore was staying, must have been after this date?

I'm sorry i really don't know, just what i was told in the conversation.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:13 - May 2 with 2371 views442Dale

For reference part 2, mention was made of Eden shadowing for the role when we played Coventry on the 17th:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/193282/page:1

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:14 - May 2 with 2359 viewsTVOS1907

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:06 - May 2 by ssimp62

I'm merely telling of the conversation. I took the assumption many people were friends with Eden by the 'I Know him Comments'. Are you connected with the club? Tvos as in the programme? or is that just a name? Have been curious of that for a while when reading comments.
Steve.

Only a handful of people have said they know Eden.

TVOS is my name - Trevor Vincent Oliver Simpkins.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:16 - May 2 with 2337 viewsfitzochris

Steve.

Sorry pal, but the club has made a great big arse of the whole thing and the sooner they make reparation, the better.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:17 - May 2 with 2325 viewsDaleiLama

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:14 - May 2 by TVOS1907

Only a handful of people have said they know Eden.

TVOS is my name - Trevor Vincent Oliver Simpkins.

The Simpkins must be a fecund line. I've heard of so-and-so the 5th, the 8th etc, but the 1907th?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:19 - May 2 with 2305 viewsTalkingSutty

Steve.

Kick one of the Cem clique and they all limp, the Club should no better!!😁😁👍
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:23 - May 2 with 2271 viewsssimp62

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:19 - May 2 by TalkingSutty

Kick one of the Cem clique and they all limp, the Club should no better!!😁😁👍

Somebody actually said something similar to me on Sunday TalkingSutty.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:29 - May 2 with 2226 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:23 - May 2 by ssimp62

It's not about who the situation involves, it's about how the situation was/is handled.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:29 - May 2 with 2221 viewsTVOS1907

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:23 - May 2 by ssimp62

Quel surprise!

What about those posting on here and expressing opinions who don't drink in the Cem or who haven't had a drink in there for many years?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:30 - May 2 with 2207 viewsAtThePeake

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:29 - May 2 by TVOS1907

Quel surprise!

What about those posting on here and expressing opinions who don't drink in the Cem or who haven't had a drink in there for many years?

Was just about to say - how big is this Cem clique if everyone on here criticising the club over this issue is only doing so because they're part of said clique?

Tangled up in blue.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:32 - May 2 with 2185 viewsSandyDrum

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:30 - May 2 by AtThePeake

Was just about to say - how big is this Cem clique if everyone on here criticising the club over this issue is only doing so because they're part of said clique?

I've never stepper foot in The Cem, don't live anywhere near it and I think the treatment of Eden disgusting so there you go...
[Post edited 2 May 2017 21:33]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:38 - May 2 with 2134 viewsnordenblue

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:32 - May 2 by SandyDrum

I've never stepper foot in The Cem, don't live anywhere near it and I think the treatment of Eden disgusting so there you go...
[Post edited 2 May 2017 21:33]

Hot stepper?
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:43 - May 2 with 2098 viewsssimp62

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:29 - May 2 by TVOS1907

Quel surprise!

I don't know, i'm not a drinker and very rarely visit pubs Tvos.
It was a shame Sunday had so much spoke about the situation, it was a great presentation i thought.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:46 - May 2 with 2068 viewsTVOS1907

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:43 - May 2 by ssimp62

I don't know, i'm not a drinker and very rarely visit pubs Tvos.
It was a shame Sunday had so much spoke about the situation, it was a great presentation i thought.

Well if you do ever start visiting them, avoid the Cem at all costs.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:53 - May 2 with 2009 viewsTTNYear

As a member of the said clique, Talking Sutty is right, don't cross us as we 'get the boys on you' said in a threatening London accent, or 'are dealt with' in a megalomaniac James Bond baddy type way.

We are all seeing, and a shadowy organisation akin to Opus Dai, weaving our underground and righteous views, trying to convert weak characters to drink sambucca and peddle hatred where required.....

Mwah ahaha ha.

Bow to our will.....

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024