Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? 21:56 - May 20 with 7424 viewsOldjack

All i've heard of so far are championship mugs. Surely Franco has to raise the bar with some tidy Italians ,or Spaniards who'd be itching to join the prem

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 03:01 - May 21 with 1759 viewsdeanscfc

f*ck looking for championship players and £1m bargains abroad - first of all we need to actually spend some money this summer. Every other team in this league will be using their TV money, just like they did last year. That's the reason we struggled this season - if we'd have spent on a decent striker to replace Bony and some decent fullbacks then this season would have been far less stressful.
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 03:45 - May 21 with 1742 viewsEbo

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 03:01 - May 21 by deanscfc

f*ck looking for championship players and £1m bargains abroad - first of all we need to actually spend some money this summer. Every other team in this league will be using their TV money, just like they did last year. That's the reason we struggled this season - if we'd have spent on a decent striker to replace Bony and some decent fullbacks then this season would have been far less stressful.

Newcastle spent amongst the most in the premier league and look where it got them! Same goes for Villa - splurged a lot on players = relegated.

Yes it has been a freakish season and a difficult one for us, but lets give credit to the swans for the way they dug in from January onwards, not always great to watch but we dug ourselves out of a position where bigger and better teams have failed.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 04:46 - May 21 with 1714 viewsdeanscfc

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 03:45 - May 21 by Ebo

Newcastle spent amongst the most in the premier league and look where it got them! Same goes for Villa - splurged a lot on players = relegated.

Yes it has been a freakish season and a difficult one for us, but lets give credit to the swans for the way they dug in from January onwards, not always great to watch but we dug ourselves out of a position where bigger and better teams have failed.

Sure, we did very well to come back from a bad position but I don't think we would have been in that position in the first place had we spent money in areas which needed improving. Newcastle spent the momey but it was too little too late for them.

I just don't think we can afford to take financial shortcuts this time. We have players in certain positions who clearly need replacing and we need to make sure that they are replaced with quality.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 4:47]
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 07:12 - May 21 with 1666 viewsTreforys_Jack

Many teams in the past have invested heavily in trying to guarantee survival. Newcastle spent 80 mill didn't they. Far more important to get the right players, for every Michu there's going to be half a dozen Shechters and Vasquez's. Lets give FG a bit a time, I'm pretty certain he has his targets and working steadily to secure them.
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 07:38 - May 21 with 1643 viewsStarsky

We're going to have to sell first and I think 2 will happen quickly.

Ayew & Gomis aren't involved in the Euros so I'm expecting their agents to move them on quickly.

Hopefully Ash and Taylor will enhance their stock value by playing well in France.

Even Jaz Richards looked good for Wales in the last few games.

Then it's about keeping Siggy and adding to the squad after the Euros

It's just the internet, init.

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 07:44 - May 21 with 1641 viewsSwaneeRiver

The biggest problem is that very few of us are ITK, therefore we have no real idea who we are going to sell / release / sign in the summer or how much of a budget Guidolin will be working with.
Expect little and we may be pleasantly surprised with a Bony / Michu type signing.
Imagine we are going to be getting all top rated players and the likelihood is we'll be disappointed.
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 08:55 - May 21 with 1585 viewsblaine_scfc

Is the window even open yet?
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:02 - May 21 with 1579 viewsStarsky

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 07:44 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

The biggest problem is that very few of us are ITK, therefore we have no real idea who we are going to sell / release / sign in the summer or how much of a budget Guidolin will be working with.
Expect little and we may be pleasantly surprised with a Bony / Michu type signing.
Imagine we are going to be getting all top rated players and the likelihood is we'll be disappointed.

"Expect little and you won't be disappointed"

I bet youre a bundle of fun on Christmas Eve. Lol

Login to get fewer ads

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:11 - May 21 with 1570 viewsSwaneeRiver

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:02 - May 21 by Starsky

"Expect little and you won't be disappointed"

I bet youre a bundle of fun on Christmas Eve. Lol

Should have seen our young un when he opened his piece of coal, and his Chocolate Orange ..

TBH I am normally very much of an optimist, just Swans transfer activity ( or rather what is reported in the media as Swans transfer activity )has worn me down.
Deep down I'm hoping for Bony and Allen, whilst honestly expecting two run of the mill players I've never heard of.
I remember the Christmas I hoped for a Chopper (Kelloggs had a competition to win a Chopper but needless to say I didn't win it) - I ended up with a second hand road bike (still loved it after getting over the initial disappointment)
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:21 - May 21 with 1555 viewsLoyal

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 07:44 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

Treasure these words.

It matters not if you know or you don't know about any future event, nor if you liaise at the top or just listen and take notes. If you know the chairman or a player or even me - What will happen will happen, if you know on Monday that on Wednesday something will happen it matters not. It will still happen and in the days to come nobody will care if you knew at 1pm or 5pm.

Or for that matter at 11.15am.

As for being disappointed, how can anyone be disappointed ?
We are premier league, and so it goes, our club is sound.

The future is unwritten but in the minds of those that make history, we will all know in time but for now enjoy the day. If you choose to follow then expect others to lead.

Regardless. 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:29 - May 21 with 1539 viewsStarsky

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:11 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

Should have seen our young un when he opened his piece of coal, and his Chocolate Orange ..

TBH I am normally very much of an optimist, just Swans transfer activity ( or rather what is reported in the media as Swans transfer activity )has worn me down.
Deep down I'm hoping for Bony and Allen, whilst honestly expecting two run of the mill players I've never heard of.
I remember the Christmas I hoped for a Chopper (Kelloggs had a competition to win a Chopper but needless to say I didn't win it) - I ended up with a second hand road bike (still loved it after getting over the initial disappointment)

I looked at my presents at the bottom of my bed and saw a box... "I did get a scalextrix I thought excitedly to myself" when I opened it, it was a really awful overcoat with hood. My disappointment turned to horror when I realised how bullied I was going to be when I wore this coat to school.
I wasn't wrong, lol

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:30 - May 21 with 1539 viewsDewi1jack

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 03:01 - May 21 by deanscfc

I disagree.
The reason we struggled up to January is due to having sh1te training staff, who I will agree were probably the cheapest option.
Having a manager who in his first year and a bit, thought he knew everything didn't help. Not giving him no choice about having help wasn't a good idea either.
Sacking him at least a month too late.
Hope this 'end of season review' by the Board isn't just how good a holiday they all had!
Players, no matter how much you spend on them, won't be much good if they're unfit, untrained and not working as a cohesive unit
Our youngsters were in S. Africa (i think?) and there were tweets on how unfit they were.
Our first team could hardly last 90 playing minutes in December.
Look at their last few games- even 'on the beach' they could run a bit (or at least appear to.)
We don't need to spend 10's of £millions on each player- Michu was cheap, as was Pablo, JDG, Wayne, Angel, Lukasz etc
Shelvey cost Newcastle £12 million ish (and some thought that was cheap!!) Cracking deal...
For us anyway.
We need to get the right players in.
The board need to sort out and get rid of the "jobs for the boys" culture, unless that person is the best possible person for the job.
If it's coaching staff, then until they prove themselves leave them teaching the U16's, not the U21's or God forbid, the 1st team.
But, that's just my opinion.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:36 - May 21 with 1522 viewsMattG

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 04:46 - May 21 by deanscfc

Sure, we did very well to come back from a bad position but I don't think we would have been in that position in the first place had we spent money in areas which needed improving. Newcastle spent the momey but it was too little too late for them.

I just don't think we can afford to take financial shortcuts this time. We have players in certain positions who clearly need replacing and we need to make sure that they are replaced with quality.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 4:47]

Too little, too late? They spent over £50m last summer!

Then another £30m in January because the £50m worth of players they bought in the summer didn't cut the mustard!

As long as we get the right players in the right positions, I couldn't care less whether they cost £1m or £100m.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 9:44]
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:40 - May 21 with 1514 viewsStarsky

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:30 - May 21 by Dewi1jack

I disagree.
The reason we struggled up to January is due to having sh1te training staff, who I will agree were probably the cheapest option.
Having a manager who in his first year and a bit, thought he knew everything didn't help. Not giving him no choice about having help wasn't a good idea either.
Hope this 'end of season review' by the Board isn't just how good a holiday they all had!
Players, no matter how much you spend on them, won't be much good if they're unfit, untrained and not working as a cohesive unit
Our youngsters were in S. Africa (i think?) and there were tweets on how unfit they were.
Look at their last few games- even 'on the beach' they could run a bit (or at least appear to.)
We don't need to spend 10's of £millions on each player- Michu was cheap, as was Pablo, JDG, Wayne, Angel, Lukasz etc
Shelvey cost Newcastle £12 million ish (and some thought that was cheap!!) Cracking deal...
For us anyway.
The board need to sort out and get rid of the "jobs for the boys" culture, unless that person is the best possible person for the job.
If it's coaching staff, then until they prove themselves leave them teaching the U16's, not the U21's or God forbid, the 1st team.

Well said sir.

And you even managed to avoid using one of your football club nickname that usually puts a childish smile on my face.

"QPhaha, drizzle & Crapdiff" copyright Dewi1jack 2016

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:48 - May 21 with 1497 viewsDewi1jack

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:40 - May 21 by Starsky

Well said sir.

And you even managed to avoid using one of your football club nickname that usually puts a childish smile on my face.

"QPhaha, drizzle & Crapdiff" copyright Dewi1jack 2016

Thank you young sir.

51 yrs old and still very much in my baby formative years. May make it to my teens before I die.
Well at least that's what the responsible adult claims

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:57 - May 21 with 1415 viewsStarsky

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:48 - May 21 by Dewi1jack

Thank you young sir.

51 yrs old and still very much in my baby formative years. May make it to my teens before I die.
Well at least that's what the responsible adult claims

When you go on a run of nicknames... You used 3 in one sentence recently.

It's like reading an intelligent knowledgable opinion on the Swans... Written by an 10 year old!

Lmao

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 11:37 - May 21 with 1352 viewskarnataka

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 22:12 - May 20 by longlostjack

This. Could all be a bit of a smokescreen though as we prepare to sign an Italian Michu from the backstreets of Naples.

I remember the backstreets of Naples.
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 15:23 - May 21 with 1253 viewsgiantstoneater

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 22:17 - May 20 by Darran

Fair play it's only been five days you f*cking idiot.

Well the "Big clubs" are all getting ready to fill their benches up with £30m players so why cant we go for the cheaper versions!!!
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 16:38 - May 21 with 1215 viewsmax936

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 15:23 - May 21 by giantstoneater

Well the "Big clubs" are all getting ready to fill their benches up with £30m players so why cant we go for the cheaper versions!!!

You're been reading the site long enough to know wat Dazbag is all about mush, he can't help himself he's a bit thick see, this site is his life though in fairness.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 16:41 - May 21 with 1210 viewsDarran

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 16:38 - May 21 by max936

You're been reading the site long enough to know wat Dazbag is all about mush, he can't help himself he's a bit thick see, this site is his life though in fairness.

How do you know we aren't then?

and I'm f*cking thick?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 16:44 - May 21 with 1207 viewscontroversial_jack

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 22:17 - May 20 by Darran

Fair play it's only been five days you f*cking idiot.

Are you Raynor in disguise?
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 08:55 - May 22 with 1081 viewsSwaneeRiver

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 16:41 - May 21 by Darran

How do you know we aren't then?

and I'm f*cking thick?

In your own inimitable way you've said what I was driving at earlier. None of us know what will happen this summer.
There could be a massive splurge and we'll see a couple of big signings down here. None of us know
When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 08:57 - May 22 with 1074 viewsDr_Winston

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:30 - May 21 by Dewi1jack

I disagree.
For us anyway.

Amazing how often the obvious needs to be repeated isn't it?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:07 - May 22 with 1058 viewsexiledclaseboy

It's not June yet, right?

Poll: Tory leader

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:09 - May 22 with 1056 viewsSwaneeRiver

When are gonna add some real talent to our squad ? on 09:07 - May 22 by exiledclaseboy

It's not June yet, right?

Judging by the rain seems like October !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024