Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What if... 16:57 - Apr 17 with 3133 viewshowy10

We beat Gillingham? We will be in an incredible position. We talk about big games, but this one is absolutely massive. Could this be the biggest game in our 109 year history? Most certainly. We are under no pressure whatsoever as "little old Rochdale" shouldn't even be anywhere near a possible play-off place, taking into account our attendances and resources. How does Hilly do it? Absolutely amazing.
Now, what about the people of Rochdale, including the surrounding Boroughs. Will all of you sports fanatics get off your sofas and give this incredulous Rochdale football team your support on Tuesday? Hmm...
As far as I am aware, there are no big European matches that night, so no excuses for not attending. A large crowd could be the difference between winning or not.
If you can't get excited about Gillingham on Tuesday, then I feel there is something mentally wrong with you. Just be there, let's carry on the dream. Whilst everyone is looking at the Premiership and Leicester, there is possibly another miracle happening in League 1.
What if... on 17:22 - Apr 17 with 3069 viewsTalkingSutty

Fantastic post and a great rallying call. Its not the biggest game in our history, that was at Gresty Road many moons ago ( I bet you were there), its our biggest game of the season though.
What if... on 17:26 - Apr 17 with 3041 viewshowy10

What if... on 17:22 - Apr 17 by TalkingSutty

Fantastic post and a great rallying call. Its not the biggest game in our history, that was at Gresty Road many moons ago ( I bet you were there), its our biggest game of the season though.

I certainly was there, didn't we win 2-1?
What if... on 17:30 - Apr 17 with 3008 viewsTalkingSutty

What if... on 17:26 - Apr 17 by howy10

I certainly was there, didn't we win 2-1?

We did, i will never forget the feeling after that game, i think Spoonhead scored.
What if... on 17:33 - Apr 17 with 2994 viewsLuke8686

I can't be there for logistical reasons but I was there as an Exile on Saturday and I can sense a genuine excitement around the club at the moment, it's great to see. Really hope we can make history in these last few games, think we've got a great chance
What if... on 17:37 - Apr 17 with 2980 viewsHuddersdale1

regular attenders should nag friends, family, work colleagues to get up to Spotland on Tues night. I'm bringing along my two sons, both Hudders fans, yes I know, I've failed as a Dale supporting father, my excuse was they both got into football in the 80s when we were dire, peer pressure at school and I'd lost them. However they will be there on Tuesday night with me cheering the boys on. If a reasonable number do the same we can maybe get a half decent gate. You would like to think at least 3000 home supporters for a game like that, but I doubt it I'm afraid, hope I'm wrong
What if... on 08:20 - Apr 18 with 2620 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle v Man City live on Sky Tuesday. Obviously won't affect regular Dale fans going but I guess there are plenty of fans in the area who support City and watch out for Dale's results (I know I work with one). They might have been tempted to a trip to Spotland but wont now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

What if... on 08:26 - Apr 18 with 2612 viewsTalkingSutty

What if... on 08:20 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

Newcastle v Man City live on Sky Tuesday. Obviously won't affect regular Dale fans going but I guess there are plenty of fans in the area who support City and watch out for Dale's results (I know I work with one). They might have been tempted to a trip to Spotland but wont now.

If we are in a sniff when it comes to the Swindon game maybe we should advertise it as a free match and put a flyer on every seat with details of the Exciting Season Ticket offers.

Maybe we should make it free anyway irrespective of what's on the game, but let everybody in the Town know of the offer by promoting it. Put a pre-match pie and a pint offer on in the Ratcliffe Arms and show the live Sky game and get that busy also. Cheap beer and free football is a good combination.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 8:31]
What if... on 09:49 - Apr 18 with 2504 viewsaleanddale

I hope we are not all saying ah "what if" on Wednesday morning!!

No chance 3000 home supporters tomorrow I will be amazed if we get close to 2300.

Agree if we get 2 fantastic results on the bounce now let's get Swindon on at £10 sit where you want!! Kids under 16 for a quid.

Flyers on seats a good idea or a director on each entrance handing out and speaking with fans.

Swindon will bring less than 200 supporters so pop them in a corner but get 3 sides of Spotland bouncing!!

A huge what if to overcome first!!!!!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 9:54]
Login to get fewer ads

What if... on 11:03 - Apr 18 with 2373 viewsFrog

I hate these 'massive games' we always seem to bottle it.
What if... on 11:06 - Apr 18 with 2351 viewslurker

What if... on 11:03 - Apr 18 by Frog

Massive Kahunas required
What if... on 11:23 - Apr 18 with 2328 viewsdingdangblue

It reminds me of the Southampton game - we didn't bottle it! We won to go 6th. Unfortunately we didn't win a game after that till the last game at Bournemouth and it was all over by then. Also last season our game in hand v Orient was massive - if we didn't win our chances of the play offs were over - we won it! So we dont 'always bottle it'.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

What if... on 11:28 - Apr 18 with 2312 viewsaleanddale

Darlington at Home Play off semi final second leg....

we did ok that day!!!!!
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:12 - Apr 18 with 2234 viewsFrog

We never seem to win when I predict it, this is my go at reverse psychology on the FG's
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 12:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024