Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skewen 15:49 - Apr 7 with 9102 viewstaffpunk

I know I should probably be posting this on AA's site, as there's always people on there saying how these areas are 'Mostly Blue' , but I thought I'd try here instead. I'm going to watch my local Egg team in the 1/4 final of the Cup here on Saturday, any decent Pubs/Clubs in the town/village, will be stopping for a couple of hours before and after game, any recommendations. Also, is the clubhouse by the field, can you swig while the games on etc...will it be safe to wear my Bluebirds pin badge, or will the Skewen Boot Boys be prowling the streets, looking for Ystrad Rhondda blood?
Any advice gratefully received...
[Post edited 7 Apr 2016 15:49]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Skewen on 16:21 - Apr 8 with 2581 viewsSwaneeRiver

Just off to Tom's Plaice for a lovely Fish & Chips !
Skewen on 19:13 - Apr 8 with 2543 viewscontroversial_jack

Skewen on 16:21 - Apr 8 by SwaneeRiver

Just off to Tom's Plaice for a lovely Fish & Chips !

Lot's of famous people from Skewen
Skewen on 19:26 - Apr 8 with 2533 viewsairedale

Skewen on 19:13 - Apr 8 by controversial_jack

Lot's of famous people from Skewen

Gaynor Sullivan for one.
Skewen on 20:27 - Apr 8 with 2499 viewstaffpunk

Skewen on 19:26 - Apr 8 by airedale

Gaynor Sullivan for one.

Is she the girl that got fingered in the Rugby Club?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Skewen on 20:30 - Apr 8 with 2492 viewsJackfath

Skewen on 20:27 - Apr 8 by taffpunk

Fisted.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Skewen on 20:37 - Apr 8 with 2474 viewsLoyal

Nathan has changed a fck of a lot since his move.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Skewen on 21:00 - Apr 8 with 2455 viewsSwaneeRiver

Skewen on 20:27 - Apr 8 by taffpunk

Trust your joking. She represented us in the Eurovision Song Contest and had a song written for her by Jim Steinman.
She's a Bonnie lass ......
Skewen on 21:03 - Apr 8 with 2451 viewsLohengrin

Skewen on 19:26 - Apr 8 by airedale

Gaynor Sullivan for one.

I thought it was Gaynor Hopkins?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Skewen on 21:05 - Apr 8 with 2446 viewsSwaneeRiver

Skewen on 21:03 - Apr 8 by Lohengrin

I thought it was Gaynor Hopkins?

She was before she got married to Bobby Sullivan
Skewen on 21:45 - Apr 9 with 2335 viewstaffpunk

Skewen 21 Ystrad Rhondda 16, a fair result that didn't go our way, but I wasn't really that bothered. I watched the game from the clubhouse, a few jars in great company with some of the local home support, great banter and swigging. I then went for a wander on my own, ended up in the Colliers. I saw the 2nd half of your game on a dodgy stream. Plenty of pearlers in there, trackie bottom central, about 40 in there, maybe half seemed interested in the Swans game, the rest pretty indifferent to it all.
Serious point, if you had extended your ground, do you think these people would come and watch you, or are they happy enough in their local boozer?

Skewen on 21:59 - Apr 9 with 2313 viewsLoyal

Skewen on 21:45 - Apr 9 by taffpunk

Skewen 21 Ystrad Rhondda 16, a fair result that didn't go our way, but I wasn't really that bothered. I watched the game from the clubhouse, a few jars in great company with some of the local home support, great banter and swigging. I then went for a wander on my own, ended up in the Colliers. I saw the 2nd half of your game on a dodgy stream. Plenty of pearlers in there, trackie bottom central, about 40 in there, maybe half seemed interested in the Swans game, the rest pretty indifferent to it all.
Serious point, if you had extended your ground, do you think these people would come and watch you, or are they happy enough in their local boozer?

It's like anything if the ground was 30k we would fill it for the bigger games and hover around 23 - 25k for others. As you say there is little if anything in both our supporters mentality, I also think there is little if any difference in the supporter base for both clubs despite all the bragging.

The real issue for most people is finance Taff, and that dictates what we all do no matter what we want to do.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Skewen on 22:09 - Apr 9 with 2296 viewstaffpunk

Skewen on 21:59 - Apr 9 by Loyal

It's like anything if the ground was 30k we would fill it for the bigger games and hover around 23 - 25k for others. As you say there is little if anything in both our supporters mentality, I also think there is little if any difference in the supporter base for both clubs despite all the bragging.

The real issue for most people is finance Taff, and that dictates what we all do no matter what we want to do.

Fair points...it's mostly about the money, I agree completely. I quite fancied going to Fulham away on the train today, total cost--train, drink, food , ticket--a ton fifty for the day--I can't afford it. Skewen for the day, spent about £50 total, had a good day with old friends, no hassle off OB, and met some nice people as well, all good.

Skewen on 23:17 - Apr 9 with 2260 viewsowainglyndwr

Skewen on 22:09 - Apr 9 by taffpunk

Fair points...it's mostly about the money, I agree completely. I quite fancied going to Fulham away on the train today, total cost--train, drink, food , ticket--a ton fifty for the day--I can't afford it. Skewen for the day, spent about £50 total, had a good day with old friends, no hassle off OB, and met some nice people as well, all good.

You want to do a car share with the Valleys Jacks and watch the Swans mun
Skewen on 08:17 - Apr 10 with 2215 viewstaffpunk

I usually go and watch Ton And Gelli BC, my local Amateur League team, as both my adult sons play for them. Free entry, good banter, a few pints, that'll do me on a Sat aft.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024