Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come home Jon De Guzman. 12:43 - Jan 12 with 29848 viewsItchySphincter

Perfect, inexpensive and interested.

Undo some of the damage of the last 18 months.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:19 - Jan 12 with 2300 viewsshandyjack

Absolute Gem of a player,twice the quality of JJS

Poll: Expectation for the season

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:33 - Jan 12 with 2264 viewsDrizzy

Barely played a game all season. Not what we need right now but I'd snap him up in a heartbeat if he's available in the summer. Joe Allen too.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:38 - Jan 12 with 2243 viewsClinton

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 13:50 - Jan 12 by Starsky

Neither did Beckham, Russell Coughlin, Alan Hudson etc

JDG not the same calibre, Im afraid. The Prem has got faster and more frenetic in the last couple of years, he would struggle.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:41 - Jan 12 with 2211 viewsVetchitBack

Rose tinted/grass greener and the most cowardly professional football player I've ever seen.

The vast majority of his set-peices were awful.

Neat player on his day.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:43 - Jan 12 with 2195 viewsAngelRangelQS

He can score goals and take a good set piece yet fans don't want him because apparently he's not fast enough or doesn't get stuck in.

Joe Allen has plenty of energy, is quick on the ball and gets stuck in yet because he's not creative enough and doesn't score, they don't want him either.

So what we are looking for is a quick, committed, hard working, goal scoring midfielder who can pick a pass. In January. When we are 17th. Should be plenty of them kicking about
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:49 - Jan 12 with 2169 viewssully49

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:41 - Jan 12 by VetchitBack

Rose tinted/grass greener and the most cowardly professional football player I've ever seen.

Neat player on his day.

I totally agree with this, because you say JDG "but". It would only makes sense if we get him at a tremendous knock down deal.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:54 - Jan 12 with 2145 viewsItchySphincter

Neat player on his day.

If you could be bothered to look at what ai said about him for the two seasons he was our player you will see it's not rose tinted/grass is greener boIlocks. I guess you were one of those at the time that couldn't see what a fine footballer he was, there were a few about.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:58 - Jan 12 with 2120 viewsOldjack

I'd much rather Naismith ,now he's a real grafter just what we need right now

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:58 - Jan 12 with 2109 viewsVetchitBack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:54 - Jan 12 by ItchySphincter

If you could be bothered to look at what ai said about him for the two seasons he was our player you will see it's not rose tinted/grass is greener boIlocks. I guess you were one of those at the time that couldn't see what a fine footballer he was, there were a few about.

If I could be bothered to look at what you said about him!?

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:00 - Jan 12 with 2100 viewsJackSomething

Neat player on his day.

So based on your comments on a JJS thread, you believe selling Shelvey for £12m is a bad idea and bringing JDG back for anywhere between £3-£5m would be a bad idea also? Rightio then.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:04 - Jan 12 with 2093 viewsItchySphincter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:58 - Jan 12 by VetchitBack

If I could be bothered to look at what you said about him!?

I don't expect you to be bothered but my point is that I was always a huge fan therefor it's not rose tinted specs. Sorry I had to spell it out to you.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:08 - Jan 12 with 2064 viewsVetchitBack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:00 - Jan 12 by JackSomething

So based on your comments on a JJS thread, you believe selling Shelvey for £12m is a bad idea and bringing JDG back for anywhere between £3-£5m would be a bad idea also? Rightio then.

Words put in my mouth.

Shelvey to go is probably right although the relegation rivals bit is a worry but at 12 million it's a risk worth taking. The relationship is beyond repair.

But no I don't want anyone like De Guzman near our club.

Can understand your bottle going in the trenches but tackling Jack Wilshere in your capacity as a grossly overpaid sportsman in a game of football!? I can't forgive such instances and they were not the exceptions.

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:12 - Jan 12 with 2047 viewsTreforys_Jack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 13:50 - Jan 12 by Starsky

Neither did Beckham, Russell Coughlin, Alan Hudson etc

What a superb trio of past players to name, probably never been seen in the same sentence before or will again.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:14 - Jan 12 with 2041 viewsTreforys_Jack

JDG - nah not for me.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:26 - Jan 12 with 2008 viewsAl_Bundy

Fans will get on his back when he starts drifting out of matches with poor work rate. We don't need another Shelvey at the club at the moment. We need to work hard, up our tempo , putting in a challenge and more importantly play for the shirt. DeGuzman will struggle with most of that sadly.

Although it would keep the "lets sign an old player because he's an old player albeit loanee" fans happy. And Sinclair being linked with us FFS !!
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:31 - Jan 12 with 1857 viewsAngelRangelQS

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:26 - Jan 12 by Al_Bundy

Fans will get on his back when he starts drifting out of matches with poor work rate. We don't need another Shelvey at the club at the moment. We need to work hard, up our tempo , putting in a challenge and more importantly play for the shirt. DeGuzman will struggle with most of that sadly.

Although it would keep the "lets sign an old player because he's an old player albeit loanee" fans happy. And Sinclair being linked with us FFS !!

I can't help but feel that we've got more chance of getting the ex players to agree to come here than we have players who have never been here before.

You can't imagine anyone else being persuaded to come here and play for a caretaker manager of Curt's (non) standing whilst we hover precariously above the drop zone. It's a huge risk.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:36 - Jan 12 with 1823 viewsmax936

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:31 - Jan 12 by AngelRangelQS

I can't help but feel that we've got more chance of getting the ex players to agree to come here than we have players who have never been here before.

You can't imagine anyone else being persuaded to come here and play for a caretaker manager of Curt's (non) standing whilst we hover precariously above the drop zone. It's a huge risk.

He's not the answer at this moment in time, we need battlers explosive players with drive, Jdg is not that player, there's a reason he hasn't played for Napoli this season and its probably because of the above IMHO.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:39 - Jan 12 with 1814 viewsJackanapes

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:31 - Jan 12 by AngelRangelQS

It was a huge risk when we came up. We still signed players. Sigurdson signed for us when we were just above the relegation places. Bourenmouth have attracted several decent players and they are still very vulnerable. Players will go where they get paid.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 15:39]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:57 - Jan 12 with 1768 viewsjack247

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:26 - Jan 12 by Al_Bundy

I get where you are coming from, he is not a scrapper and will dodge tackles now and then. One thing I disagree on though is the tempo. He may not do the actual running himself, but he is one of the best players we have had at controlling the pace of the game. He is an intelligent footballer who instinctively knows when to speed up and slow down play. I tend to agree that he shouldn't be a priority signing in a relegation scrap, but I'd rather have him in there thsn Ki at the moment.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:02 - Jan 12 with 1750 viewsnantywatcher

So some people on here dismissing a player with an outstanding football brain and great vision because they would prefer a battering ram in midfield - weird!
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:09 - Jan 12 with 1722 viewsicecoldjack

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 14:43 - Jan 12 by AngelRangelQS

He can score goals and take a good set piece yet fans don't want him because apparently he's not fast enough or doesn't get stuck in.

Joe Allen has plenty of energy, is quick on the ball and gets stuck in yet because he's not creative enough and doesn't score, they don't want him either.

So what we are looking for is a quick, committed, hard working, goal scoring midfielder who can pick a pass. In January. When we are 17th. Should be plenty of them kicking about

You forgot to mention..and costs less than £4m quid!

JDG = No Brainer.

Will help us move the ball quicker,intelligent enough to move opposition players around the field creating space for others,something thatGomis,Eder and Ayew can't/wont do.

Him and siggy are clever footballers,could be a great combo.

you don't play for Holland if you're a mug.
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:11 - Jan 12 with 1709 viewsDarran

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:09 - Jan 12 by icecoldjack

You forgot to mention..and costs less than £4m quid!

JDG = No Brainer.

Will help us move the ball quicker,intelligent enough to move opposition players around the field creating space for others,something thatGomis,Eder and Ayew can't/wont do.

Him and siggy are clever footballers,could be a great combo.

you don't play for Holland if you're a mug.

What about Dwight Tiendalli?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:15 - Jan 12 with 1687 viewsAngelRangelQS

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 15:39 - Jan 12 by Jackanapes

It was a huge risk when we came up. We still signed players. Sigurdson signed for us when we were just above the relegation places. Bourenmouth have attracted several decent players and they are still very vulnerable. Players will go where they get paid.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 15:39]

Yes it was a risk when we came up but we signed Routledge, Graham and Lita that season whom I'm guessing most would be unhappy with now (players of that ilk that is)

Bournemouth have attracted an unproven championship player and an ex player who struggled to make an impact with norwich. The fella from Roma sounds impressive though.

If Bournemouth get relegated then Eddie Howe will still be in charge. Sign for us and you're signing blindly
Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:16 - Jan 12 with 1684 viewsUxbridge

This grafter argument is a bit odd. We're not going to get out of this hole by kicking our way out of it. We need to return to our principles and get back to the style that got us to where we are, or at least an approximation of it before we can sort it out properly.

If that means bringing back one or even more of our previous performers then so be it. There's a few I wouldn't mind see returning, and Johnny D's definitely one of them.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Come home Jon De Guzman. on 16:23 - Jan 12 with 1648 viewsskippyjack

All this lazy b*llocks.. JDG covered the most mileage in 2012-13 in the Premier League.

But you're all warped old f*ckers anyway.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024