Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is There Intelligent Life Out There 22:33 - Nov 18 with 9603 viewsLord_Bony

Dr. Brian Cox seems to think so...maybe 30 billion earth like inhabitable planets in our galaxy alone...remember there are countless billions of galaxies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0276pxp/human-universe-3-are-we-alone

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:34 - Nov 19 with 1360 viewsStarsky

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:31 - Nov 19 by skippyjack

Parlay started it.. he threw the first stone

You need to chill out and get back to your golden era on here, when you rated Schector and didn't rate Danny Graham.

It's just the internet, init.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:41 - Nov 19 with 1337 viewsskippyjack

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:34 - Nov 19 by Starsky

You need to chill out and get back to your golden era on here, when you rated Schector and didn't rate Danny Graham.

I rated Danny Graham.. it's when he's shoving cocaine up his nose.. started drinking like George Best.. and turned up like a c*nt for the season.. that's when I didn't rate him..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:41 - Nov 19 with 1337 viewsParlay

Aye nobody give their on topic opinion backed up by scientific fact, its stone throwing apparently.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:43 - Nov 19 with 1328 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:30 - Nov 19 by Jackfath

This site has always fascinated me. Imagine if one day something is picked up on these which isn't from our planet....

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/

Yes the possibilities are endless, people think these space missions are a waste of money, i think they are vital to the future of humanity. We know so little its almost funny, there is an infinite amount of knowledge out there and we need to tap into it.

Nothing to do with life on other planets but i listened to the electro magnetic sounds of the solar bodies the other day. F*cking eerie stuff. The thing in space is due to it being a vacuum sound is nit easily picked up.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 18:46]

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:44 - Nov 19 with 1327 viewsLord_Bony

If people want to argue and debate the opposite p.o.v. then great...it s what makes interesting,stimulating topics.

But when people argue just for the sake of arguing with absolutely no fcking clue what they are talking about and are incapable of an in depth discussion on the subject to explain a counter argument, then they should just back off a little.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 21:08]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:48 - Nov 19 with 1314 viewsJackfath

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:43 - Nov 19 by Parlay

Yes the possibilities are endless, people think these space missions are a waste of money, i think they are vital to the future of humanity. We know so little its almost funny, there is an infinite amount of knowledge out there and we need to tap into it.

Nothing to do with life on other planets but i listened to the electro magnetic sounds of the solar bodies the other day. F*cking eerie stuff. The thing in space is due to it being a vacuum sound is nit easily picked up.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 18:46]

Will you be donating?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30102343

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:56 - Nov 19 with 1301 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:48 - Nov 19 by Jackfath

Will you be donating?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30102343

Its my belief that the respective governments should be donating to things such as this. More than happy for a portion of my tax to contribute to space exploration. They reckon over the 20 or so years to develop the space probe on the comet, it cost each person €3 or something like that.

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:58 - Nov 19 with 1292 viewsWarwickHunt

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 17:57 - Nov 19 by Parlay

These are a series of photos which may explain the vastness of space and in turn explain why i believe that in itself points to the chances of intelligent life being out there as almost an inevitability.

Each photo (barring the first) will stagger some as to where we are in relation the the surroundings and then the next photo which zooms out even more is even more mind blowing as each photo is so insignificant it gets shown as a mere pin prick on the next and so on and so forth, and it ends in the "observable universe". Thats just what we know is there.

So each photo, and all photos that have gone before it is represented by a single speck on the next. Quite incredible really.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 18:06]

The universe is like....REALLY, REALLY, REALLY big!

You should have said, mun.
Login to get fewer ads

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:58 - Nov 19 with 1292 viewsJackfath

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:56 - Nov 19 by Parlay

Its my belief that the respective governments should be donating to things such as this. More than happy for a portion of my tax to contribute to space exploration. They reckon over the 20 or so years to develop the space probe on the comet, it cost each person €3 or something like that.

I'd love to fund space exploration through taxes. Would be awesome to witness such an event, especially as no doubt there would be cams on board the craft which one could watch live.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:02 - Nov 19 with 1284 viewsdickythorpe

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:07 - Nov 19 with 1269 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:58 - Nov 19 by WarwickHunt

The universe is like....REALLY, REALLY, REALLY big!

You should have said, mun.

I did, you were too busy crying into your school spelling certificates at the time wondering where it all went wrong.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 19:08]

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:10 - Nov 19 with 1258 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:58 - Nov 19 by Jackfath

I'd love to fund space exploration through taxes. Would be awesome to witness such an event, especially as no doubt there would be cams on board the craft which one could watch live.

For space enthusiasts, its pretty clear they are born way before their time. I cant imagine we will see anything significant in our life time but the population of "tomorrow" will have a whale of a time no doubt. Shame we wont be around to find out whats out there.

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:20 - Nov 19 with 1238 viewsJackfath

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:10 - Nov 19 by Parlay

For space enthusiasts, its pretty clear they are born way before their time. I cant imagine we will see anything significant in our life time but the population of "tomorrow" will have a whale of a time no doubt. Shame we wont be around to find out whats out there.

I've oft thought of myself as being born way before my time. I think you're the same.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:22 - Nov 19 with 1233 viewsWarwickHunt

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:07 - Nov 19 by Parlay

I did, you were too busy crying into your school spelling certificates at the time wondering where it all went wrong.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 19:08]

You had to edit that piss poor, one sentence reply?

Dumber than a bag of spanners.
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:33 - Nov 19 with 1221 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:22 - Nov 19 by WarwickHunt

You had to edit that piss poor, one sentence reply?

Dumber than a bag of spanners.

I'm dumb because i edited my spellcheck from certifying to certificates? If that helps you get over your intellectual insecurities then yes old bean, yes.

*Sob sob*

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:54 - Nov 19 with 1200 viewsHighjack

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 18:58 - Nov 19 by Jackfath

On a similar note, the amount we spend on learning about harnessing fusion power is p iss poor. Mr Cox said in his other doc that america spends more money on pet grooming.

Fusion power is essentially clean unlimited energy with no waste products, yet we aren't taking it seriously.. probably because there's so much money in oil. Also you only have to mention anything to do with atoms and people panic about Godzilla and chernobyl.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:57 - Nov 19 with 1198 viewsJackfath

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:54 - Nov 19 by Highjack

On a similar note, the amount we spend on learning about harnessing fusion power is p iss poor. Mr Cox said in his other doc that america spends more money on pet grooming.

Fusion power is essentially clean unlimited energy with no waste products, yet we aren't taking it seriously.. probably because there's so much money in oil. Also you only have to mention anything to do with atoms and people panic about Godzilla and chernobyl.

People are thick though. They need to open their minds.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 20:01 - Nov 19 with 1191 viewsHighjack

Correct. No doubt people were fearful of steam power when they didnt know about it

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 20:03 - Nov 19 with 1190 viewsskippyjack

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 19:57 - Nov 19 by Jackfath

People are thick though. They need to open their minds.

Oi I'm in no position to open my mind.. only skilled individuals are allowed.. they're skilled.. they're the future.. they can influence it.. I'm thick..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 20:08 - Nov 19 with 1184 viewstf_jack

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:24 - Nov 18 by centrestandswan

the bigger question is ,Is there Intelligent Life on Planet Swans.

Not much, like the universe, very sparse.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 21:21 - Nov 19 with 1138 viewsDr_Winston

On the scale of simple mathematical probability the chances of us being the only intelligent (and I use the term loosely with regards to Earth) life out there are basically zero.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 22:12 - Nov 19 with 1110 viewsLord_Bony

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 02:02 - Nov 19 by Highjack

I saw that documentary and he seemed to say that it's almost certain there is life out there, but he also said that complex, intelligent life is very very uncommon or even unlikely. This is based on the fact that all complex organisms came from the chance freak coming together of two types of bacteria that sort of ingested each other but somehow survived, and went on to multiply into multi cell organisms. This has only happened once in 5 billion years that the Earth has been here. He also went on to say about the 'evolutionary bottlenecks' that benefitted us that were unlikely to happen elsewhere.

Interesting and yes he did say that.

Personally,I think the universe is absolutely teaming with life in many different shapes and forms. Whatever the conditions,if reasonable,life will find a way to adapt and evolve upward over many millions of years.

Some scientists even claim if the asteroid had not wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago,then certain species would have evolved to take our place as top of the food chain and become intelligent just like us...who knows but makes you think..

Basically,it seems mathematically impossible we are the only intelligent life in our galaxy and the universe....

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.daviddarling.info%2Fimage

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:42 - Nov 20 with 1070 viewsHighjack

This planet has been teeming with life for nearly 4 billion years, it is estimated that there have been over 500 billion different species of organism living on this planet since life began. Yet only one species has been able to create and wonder and think like we do, create great machines and launch ourselves to the moon etc. No other species has even got past basic tool workings.

Put simply we are a one in 500 billion species on this planet alone. We are a freak of nature which is a result of several one in a billion events. If we extrapolate what we know about this planet to the whole universe the chance of finding intelligent life like us is virtually impossible, that's not saying it's not out there, but even with the almost infinite nature of the universe intelligent life is going to be extremely rare.

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:49 - Nov 20 with 1070 viewsskippyjack

Well you've finally found the answer.. it's almost delusional not to think there is.. but we are never ever going to find out.. unless they come to us.. because we're all dumb as f*ck.. maybe they have.. maybe they're living amongst us.. maybe they created life.. and control every aspect of decision.. maybe we're a study.. seeing how far we can develop earth.. theories, questions and so many are not going to be answered.. space is apparently never ending.. it's like a black tunnel with no bottom.. or maybe it does..

I genuinely think we're actually inside something.. space looks claustrophobic and dark.. it's almost like we're trapped or we've stranded away..

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:54 - Nov 20 with 1066 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:49 - Nov 20 by skippyjack

Well you've finally found the answer.. it's almost delusional not to think there is.. but we are never ever going to find out.. unless they come to us.. because we're all dumb as f*ck.. maybe they have.. maybe they're living amongst us.. maybe they created life.. and control every aspect of decision.. maybe we're a study.. seeing how far we can develop earth.. theories, questions and so many are not going to be answered.. space is apparently never ending.. it's like a black tunnel with no bottom.. or maybe it does..

I genuinely think we're actually inside something.. space looks claustrophobic and dark.. it's almost like we're trapped or we've stranded away..

People probably said similar regarding the shape of the earth. With no means of getting up there then how would be ever know.

If you don't ask the question and muse about the possibilities then you rarely get the answer.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024