Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DM 17:12 - Aug 23 with 7098 viewsmagicdaps10

Not taking away from the win here at all but the second half showed our need for a DM who can break the opposistions play up when we are under the cosh.

We didnt lose today because they didnt finish their chances, got to take this on board in the last week of the transfer window.

That aside, well done the lads.........6 points from 6.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

DM on 10:50 - Aug 24 with 765 viewsPhil_S

DM on 10:42 - Aug 24 by magicdaps10

Of course we need a DM, its so obvious!! Of course we want a DM who can also play aswell which is paramount to the style we play.

Leon does a job infront of the back four and keeps the ball moving quickly and holds his shape and inturn the teams shape fantastically but he is a holding midfielder and in now was a enforcing DM player. There will be times when we need Leon sat in there but there are times we will need a DM who can break up play aswell as keep a platform infront of the back four and throw in that man who can pick a pass out..............then we could have picked of a team like Burnley in the second half with a counter and got another goal or possibly got a 3rd.
Shelvey and Ki are not DM players and got pulled out of shape due to their lack of qualities that are required to be a true Dm which inturn pulled other players further forward than them out of position. When we had the chance to counter you could then see the shape at been pulled about and players were at a loss to pick out the right men because they were no longer In the position they thougt they were.
I would ask some fans to instead take a minute or so to not just watch the ball during the game but notice the set up further forward when we are defending.

You posted that last week

And got shot down for it
DM on 12:00 - Aug 24 with 704 viewsgoontheswans

I don't think this formation works as well when teams press us high as they did second half. First half was great. As it's quite easy to mark players, wingers staying wide etc. I think we saw this in games towards end of rodgers first season qpr away, wolves second half. Where we got boxed in. That's why rodgers team now, look much more dynamic. Courtino, sterling players like this are looking for spaces, dropping infield, giving full backs more options out, not just hugging touch line. We just end up a bit predictable for me at mo.
DM on 13:47 - Aug 24 with 661 viewsmagicdaps10

DM on 10:50 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

You posted that last week

And got shot down for it

Yeah I know.

I enjoy getting shot down

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

DM on 13:58 - Aug 24 with 644 viewsCatullus

DM on 12:00 - Aug 24 by goontheswans

I don't think this formation works as well when teams press us high as they did second half. First half was great. As it's quite easy to mark players, wingers staying wide etc. I think we saw this in games towards end of rodgers first season qpr away, wolves second half. Where we got boxed in. That's why rodgers team now, look much more dynamic. Courtino, sterling players like this are looking for spaces, dropping infield, giving full backs more options out, not just hugging touch line. We just end up a bit predictable for me at mo.

But we didn't have any real options off the bench. Maybe we could have taken Gylfi off, put Bartley on and gone 541, or maybe pushed Amat up into a 451.
But we had precious few midfield options. And it's something we all know Mon k is trying to address. Stambouli will hopefully sign and give us what we need.

Unless we go for an unprecedented (in the Premier) 3232, what can we do, because Monks experiment against Villareal got a beasting!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024