Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posts 09:26 - Jul 15 with 2104 viewsJohnw102

Don't often moan here, but will this once. So many posts here start as reasonable discussions about football, tickets, team etc then after a few posts they degenerate into a slanging match between certain people here and the thread gets led astray and meaningless. Other Forum members do not want to be subjected to others 'petty' squabbles. So come on cut it out and grow up. If they can't why will the Mods not consider banning for a couple of days, increasing for further "offences" Hope this does not upset people but I am getting pi**ed off with it.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Posts on 11:07 - Jul 15 with 696 viewsDarran

Posts on 11:05 - Jul 15 by Wolfie

I have my settings to see all message boards at one time.

If you don't understand my point then I thinnk you're being deliberately obtuse.

The Jackfath threads had no place on any of these boards. A playgound would be more appropriate setting in my opinion. Call yourself grown men?

I'm not being obtuse that's what the non-football board was put there for,why don't you adjust your settings?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Posts on 11:14 - Jul 15 with 678 viewsWolfie

Posts on 11:07 - Jul 15 by Darran

I'm not being obtuse that's what the non-football board was put there for,why don't you adjust your settings?

Because I also like to read threads on various topics like music, films, tv, books, news, politics, religion etc (i.e. not football related)

What I don't enjoy are the usual suspects hijacking existing or starting new threads for personal petty arguements.

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Posts on 11:15 - Jul 15 with 676 viewsCatullus

Posts on 10:47 - Jul 15 by JackSomething

I've joined in on the silliness in this thread, but you and the OP do have a fair point.

Unfortunately we've got people who like to post wind-ups and those who like responding or can't resist taking the bait. It does tend to spoil threads at times.

But that's fine, if you want to join in with the nonsense it's your choice. But the people who turn a decent thread into nonsense are just annoying.

King amongst these is the person/people who look at a thread and post along the lines of "well this is boring" Not to everybody it's not so just feck off and and find something you like.
I haven't looked at the Jackfath "look at me" threads. Not a clue what they say. I read the title and stayed away. it's not that hard.

And highjack, it's not about riff raff, it's about not spoiling threads. Davillin has posted several threads that some of us find interesting only for the trolls to round on him like a pack of rabid dogs.
Do those (who come under such childish attacks) do it to others? Maybe some do now, but only because they are fed up of the mindless tirade from the usual suspects.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Posts on 11:16 - Jul 15 with 671 viewsswanny

Posts on 10:35 - Jul 15 by Highjack

Or could it be that people take this tiny portion of the internet far too seriously. It's just a forum for fat, sweaty, middle aged blokes to vent and have a bit of banter about a sport which is in the grand scheme of life is unimportant and irrelevant. If you want serious football discussion about tactics, systems and statistics then pop down Matt the Jacks house on a Saturday night.

bloody cheek. Holds up flag for fat sweaty menopausal woman.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Posts on 11:20 - Jul 15 with 661 viewsllangyfelach

Posts on 11:16 - Jul 15 by swanny

bloody cheek. Holds up flag for fat sweaty menopausal woman.

Can I bag the fat, sweaty, middle aged mentally unstable demographic?

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Posts on 13:11 - Jul 15 with 611 viewsthejackarmy

Posts on 11:14 - Jul 15 by Wolfie

Because I also like to read threads on various topics like music, films, tv, books, news, politics, religion etc (i.e. not football related)

What I don't enjoy are the usual suspects hijacking existing or starting new threads for personal petty arguements.

There are other alternatives, you know

come visit us at https://thejackarmy.net

Posts on 13:16 - Jul 15 with 606 viewspansypants

Welcome to Planet Swans!!!!!

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Posts on 17:48 - Jul 15 with 563 viewsNeath_Jack

Posts on 13:11 - Jul 15 by thejackarmy

There are other alternatives, you know

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Posts on 22:52 - Jul 15 with 519 viewsHighjack

Posts on 11:20 - Jul 15 by llangyfelach

Can I bag the fat, sweaty, middle aged mentally unstable demographic?

As long as you do it in a non squabbly way and don't derail or hijack any threads.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024