Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little Tommy 21:42 - Apr 5 with 2503 viewsDWQPR

I have been home now one and a half hours and am still fuming that I have wasted yet another Saturday watching that sterile bunch of wasters masquerading (or should that be masterbating given that they are a bunch of clueless vvankers), as a football team. And what the hell does Saggy Chops ever see in LTC I will never know. Now I have never ever been close to becoming a football manager, not even a kids team, but I think that watching the professional game for 42 years has given me some insight into what makes a decent midfielder, such as passing ability, stamina, strength, vision, chip in with a few goals and pace, now not all midfielders will tick all these boxes, but this little dumbf**k that Redknapp told us at the start of the season, we would be playing through, offers absolutely none of the above and will be lucky to get into a League Two side when Tottenham finally dispense with his services. And to think that he was given the number 10 shirt just adds insult to injury.

It summed it up for me when in the second half, when there was a delay before a throw in was taken he had his hands on his hips and started moving towards two Bournemouth players, 20 yards apart, back and forth wondering which one to pick up. Utterly clueless. Surely to God we have something better than this in the youth set up, if not then they all ought to be told now to get an apprenticeship.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Little Tommy on 21:44 - Apr 5 with 2480 viewsLowerloftLad

Bournemouth went Down to ten men every time QPR attacked the bourmouth team backed off knowing that Carroll would still give the ball away trying to get the pass through to the wingers and he was not even under any pressure half the time
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 21:45]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Little Tommy on 21:50 - Apr 5 with 2427 viewsDWQPR

To be fair, when Bournemouth went down to ten men it equalled up the play as we were carrying this little prat for the previous 67 minutes.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Little Tommy on 21:51 - Apr 5 with 2424 viewsHollowayRanger

The visitors responded in emphatic fashion after the break as on-loan Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll lofted a delightful ball into the path of Traore, who juggled to the byeline before firing smartly past Camp.

what did jenas morrison hoilett benayoun do?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Little Tommy on 21:56 - Apr 5 with 2390 viewsStanisgod

Little Tommy on 21:51 - Apr 5 by HollowayRanger

The visitors responded in emphatic fashion after the break as on-loan Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll lofted a delightful ball into the path of Traore, who juggled to the byeline before firing smartly past Camp.

what did jenas morrison hoilett benayoun do?

Wow one descent pass, put the flags out! I'm sure this geezers colour blind

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Little Tommy on 21:57 - Apr 5 with 2377 viewsLowerloftLad

As hoillet burst down the wing in the first half as QPR look to break the QPR fans screamed send the ball Carroll happily stopped let bourmouth recover before running in the complete wrong direction it was almost like the kid had tunnel vision he never even spotted the run
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 21:58]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Little Tommy on 22:01 - Apr 5 with 2351 viewspaulparker

Little Tommy on 21:50 - Apr 5 by DWQPR

To be fair, when Bournemouth went down to ten men it equalled up the play as we were carrying this little prat for the previous 67 minutes.

What makes it worse he was given the number 10 shirt !!!!
TBF though he fits in well in how we play, sideways,sideways, back, sideways then gives the ball away
if he is the future of English football gawd help us
him,Oneil, Bennyoun,Dunne,SWP,Jenas,maiga, Keane, Zamora, Luke Young, Hoilett, Bond , Jordan,Downes,
and of course dear old Arry please , please, please f uck off you money grabbing good for nothing barstewards

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Little Tommy on 23:44 - Apr 5 with 2106 viewskarlski

There are plenty of people who believe we 'tick' better as a team with LTC playing and say he gives the ball away more noticeably because he actually tries to pass it forward.

I hadn't made up my mind on him so decided to spend a few a games with a bit of my own tunnel vision, just watching him.

My conclusion is that his ability and technique are a good few levels below his brain. He tries a lot of things which make sense. He just can't pull them off. He also has a very awkward technique where his kicking leg looks a bit like a sand wedge; he plays a lot of balls with a 'chopping' motion instead of smoothly following through. All very odd and rather ineffective as far as I can see.

Don't think his attitude is wrong, he does try, he's just not very good. Added to the fact he's not fast, very lightweight, and tires easily...well, I don't see much of a future for him.
Little Tommy on 00:20 - Apr 6 with 2033 viewsQPR1882

Give him a break, he plays for Spurs don't you know.
Login to get fewer ads

Little Tommy on 00:43 - Apr 6 with 2000 viewsRANGERS4EVER

IMO one of the only players that actually tries to play decent football, although does do some sloppy passes

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Little Tommy on 00:57 - Apr 6 with 1982 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Little Tommy on 00:43 - Apr 6 by RANGERS4EVER

IMO one of the only players that actually tries to play decent football, although does do some sloppy passes

I agree but it feels like a voice in the wilderness. Doubtless not helped by the stick he gets as soon as he touches the ball.
Little Tommy on 06:03 - Apr 6 with 1883 viewsr66

Little Tommy on 23:44 - Apr 5 by karlski

There are plenty of people who believe we 'tick' better as a team with LTC playing and say he gives the ball away more noticeably because he actually tries to pass it forward.

I hadn't made up my mind on him so decided to spend a few a games with a bit of my own tunnel vision, just watching him.

My conclusion is that his ability and technique are a good few levels below his brain. He tries a lot of things which make sense. He just can't pull them off. He also has a very awkward technique where his kicking leg looks a bit like a sand wedge; he plays a lot of balls with a 'chopping' motion instead of smoothly following through. All very odd and rather ineffective as far as I can see.

Don't think his attitude is wrong, he does try, he's just not very good. Added to the fact he's not fast, very lightweight, and tires easily...well, I don't see much of a future for him.

Interesting objective analysis. Whether right or wrong, it is so much better than the moronic contributions based on abuse!
Little Tommy on 12:24 - Apr 6 with 1433 viewsNeil_SI

I thought Tom Carroll's performances had some positives in there. He and Jermaine Jenas were fairly quiet and anonymous in the first half, but Carroll improved a lot in the second. His range of passing was more purposeful and he obviously laid on the ball for Armand Traore's goal, but he also played other similar passes like that down both sides.

I felt he got better once Jenas went off, because he took ownership of the position just in front of the defence, but after they went down to ten-men we sort of lost our way and abandoned our shape and desire to build from that base, which I think we should have done. Once that happened, he sort of flickered out of the match again, but that was a team issue rather than individual.

Obviously with Carroll, he needs to learn a lot on the defensive side, in terms of positioning and how to impact the play. That's where he really lacks and needs to build on, but he's also just a young boy and while we may not think this or that player is good enough, youngsters need time to get experience under their belt and work it out.

I'd like to think we as a club and crowd will afford players that time, it's important we do, as otherwise we will struggle to attract players here if they think the crowd aren't going to give them room and time to breathe and develop.

One might say he's not our player, but a club needs to treat any young player in the same way. If you do, it benefits you long term, if a youngster is able to go back to where he came from and said that QPR was an amazing place to be, both in terms of training and development, opportunity to play and supportive crowd, etc... then word gets around and that may just help us attract good youngsters to sign permanently.
Little Tommy on 15:56 - Apr 6 with 1310 viewsRangersAreBack

He does try but he simply isn't good enough to execute his ideas. Sherwood has given youth a chance yet Tom didn't get a look in.
Little Tommy on 18:36 - Apr 6 with 1216 viewsbatmanhoop

to single out Carroll after that team non-performance is a tad unfair, I'd struggle to give anyone credit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024