Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistic striker options 13:20 - Jan 7 with 11741 viewsgjc104

Nikica Jelavic
Shane Long
Steven Fletcher

Any others?
Realistic striker options on 13:43 - Jan 9 with 2016 viewsJonDoeman

Nahki Wells is still being tracked by a Premier league club, according to recent reports, with Aston Villa the bookies’ favourites to sign the striker who has netted 15 goals already this season.

Sunderland are another Premier League club said to be interested in Wells, but Bradford City insist they have received only one bid for the 23-year-old since the January transfer window opened.

It was an improvement on Peterborough’s bid last summer, which was turned down, but still below what the club are hoping to get for their top striker. They value him at more than £2?million.

Sky Bet Championship side Middlesbrough were yesterday also strongly linked with the former Dandy Town man. “One is still in the ring,” admitted Julian Rhodes, the Bradford chairman. “They’ve been on to Phil [Parkinson] about Nahki and on that basis they could be coming in with something. We get inquiries every day but we’ve had no formal offers other than the one last week.”

David Baldwin, director of operations at Bradford, anticipates other offers to come in for their top player. “There will possibly be other offers, but when they occur, the club will act accordingly on the information we receive,” Baldwin said.

“We can’t do more than that. But from a football perspective, Nahki continues to go out there and hopefully carry on scoring goals. Unless we see any other offers coming through, which we feel are worth considering, Nahki remains very much a Bradford City player and part of our plans.”

Baldwin insists there is no specific amount in mind but the club are wary that with 18 months of his contract left, Wells’s value will start to depreciate.

“When an offer comes in, it is discussed with the two chairmen and, as we stand, the first one is not something we want to accept,” he said of the recent offer. Contrary to message board comments, we aren’t going to put a specific price on his head. Football is very speculative as to values. We are not attaching a ‘for sale’ sign to the back of our player. That’s not what the club is about.”

Baldwin added: “Nahki Wells is obviously an integral part of this current team. That asset element disappears by each transfer window. In the summer window, you are in danger of having a lesser value because he has less time on his contract. Come January 2015, he is able to sign a pre-contract for nothing.”

It Is What It Is !!

Realistic striker options on 15:20 - Jan 9 with 1972 viewsrunningman75

Grant Holt, over 30 and slow.
Realistic striker options on 10:40 - Jan 10 with 1897 viewseghamranger

Realistic striker options on 15:20 - Jan 9 by runningman75

Grant Holt, over 30 and slow.

Defoe gone to Toronto, Wells speaking to Huddersfield. That's 2 down then .

Got Huddersfield at home in 8 days, what could possibly go wrong. 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥
Realistic striker options on 10:42 - Jan 10 with 1894 viewswombat

Realistic striker options on 10:40 - Jan 10 by eghamranger

maybe we will nick vaughan off huddersfield ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Realistic striker options on 10:51 - Jan 10 with 1884 viewsJamie

Realistic striker options on 10:40 - Jan 10 by eghamranger

Perhaps Wells will score a hattrick against us and then we'll sign him
Realistic striker options on 10:54 - Jan 10 with 1877 viewsadhoc_qpr

Realistic striker options on 10:42 - Jan 10 by wombat

maybe we will nick vaughan off huddersfield ?

Guaranteed to break down injured if we sign him!
Realistic striker options on 11:18 - Jan 10 with 1859 viewsbrewers_hoop

One not been mentioned is Leigh Griffiths at Wolves. I saw a bit of him on the box when he was at Hibs last season and he looked very useful. Scored a shedload of goals (I know it's only the SPL) and good technique, although has been a bit of a bad-boy off the field in the past.
Realistic striker options (n/t) on 11:54 - Jan 10 with 1831 viewsdsr_burnley

Realistic striker options on 11:02 - Jan 9 by kingo

Brighton now saying that bid for barnes from Burnley has been accepted. So if they have also bid for Wells then something is going on.

I think this was an either/or. We certainly need another striker (we've been playing all season with Vokes and Ings playing 90 minutes, no striker on the bench) but we can't afford 2 big signings.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2014 11:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Realistic striker options on 12:51 - Jan 10 with 1810 viewskarl

Realistic striker options on 11:18 - Jan 10 by brewers_hoop

One not been mentioned is Leigh Griffiths at Wolves. I saw a bit of him on the box when he was at Hibs last season and he looked very useful. Scored a shedload of goals (I know it's only the SPL) and good technique, although has been a bit of a bad-boy off the field in the past.

I would recommend him for sure but he hasn't really settled at Wolves and homesickness has been talked about. Jacket has been mentioning a lack of desire/work rate and he's been on the bench a lot recently despite being their top scorer and up front being an area they are wanting to strengthen.
Strong rumours he has signed for Celtic (£1m -£1.5m) but nothing come of it yet. I have no doubt he would rather play for Hibs (boyhood fan, loved by the support etc) but transfer fee and wages are probably just too much. I think Hibs would get their money back for his wages through league placings etc but a transfer fee like that is just too much nowadays.
I don't think he is a long term solution for QPR unfortunately
Realistic striker options on 17:12 - Jan 10 with 1753 viewsLoft1979

Realistic striker options on 12:51 - Jan 10 by karl

I would recommend him for sure but he hasn't really settled at Wolves and homesickness has been talked about. Jacket has been mentioning a lack of desire/work rate and he's been on the bench a lot recently despite being their top scorer and up front being an area they are wanting to strengthen.
Strong rumours he has signed for Celtic (£1m -£1.5m) but nothing come of it yet. I have no doubt he would rather play for Hibs (boyhood fan, loved by the support etc) but transfer fee and wages are probably just too much. I think Hibs would get their money back for his wages through league placings etc but a transfer fee like that is just too much nowadays.
I don't think he is a long term solution for QPR unfortunately

I can't see him mentioned here but Bryan Ruiz apparently is being purged by Fham.
Realistic striker options on 17:45 - Jan 10 with 1719 viewsNorthernr

Wells has gone to Huddersfield from Bradford.
Realistic striker options on 21:20 - Jan 10 with 1656 viewsellersliehoop

I think Harry wants a big target man.......kenwyne jones would be a good shout
Realistic striker options on 21:38 - Jan 10 with 1633 viewsSpiritofGregory

Realistic striker options on 17:12 - Jan 10 by Loft1979

I can't see him mentioned here but Bryan Ruiz apparently is being purged by Fham.

No more prima donnas and no more shitbags from Fulham.
Realistic striker options on 12:53 - Jan 12 with 1544 viewsLoft1979

Realistic striker options on 21:38 - Jan 10 by SpiritofGregory

Matej Vydra?
Realistic striker options on 13:09 - Jan 12 with 1512 viewsQPR442

all Rhodes lead to Loftus if you ask me.
Realistic striker options on 13:09 - Jan 12 with 1512 viewsDiscodroid

Realistic striker options on 21:38 - Jan 10 by SpiritofGregory

100% agree .

and def not kenwyn jones. no way!!

just what we dont want, he wouldnt give a flying fk about playing for us..

still on the wickham(if poss,now he's knocking em in) Bechhio!!(serious)..and of course kevin Doyle tip.

what a fit he'd be with austin.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2014 13:33]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Realistic striker options on 13:16 - Jan 12 with 1497 viewsJamie

Realistic striker options on 13:09 - Jan 12 by QPR442

all Rhodes lead to Loftus if you ask me.

If you have a spare £12m burning a hole in your pocket.
Realistic striker options on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 1484 viewsDiscodroid

Realistic striker options on 13:16 - Jan 12 by Jamie

If you have a spare £12m burning a hole in your pocket.

for me . he's nothing more than a poacher, albeit from the top drawer.

cant see how we would create enough chances for him.

will not link midfield to attack or bring others into play, which i think has been the major flaw this season ,but flashes of brilliance, all round commitment/ our fitness, the failure of opposition strikers to be more clinical at this level and hate to say it,luck have us in the position we are now.

could see Rhodes scoring half a dozen between feb and may with us but absolutely no other contribution.Other than to put austins nose out of joint.

i think blackburn got stung with the transfer fee slightly as well.

our style of play and current personnel just wouldn't suit him ,i fear.

in any case they wouldn't sell for less than 6 mill .

i know i'll get slated but imo both becchio(25,000 leeds fans rate him) &doyle offer more all round ,with the players we have at our current disposal..
[Post edited 12 Jan 2014 13:36]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Realistic striker options on 13:58 - Jan 12 with 1436 viewspaulparker

Realistic striker options on 21:20 - Jan 10 by ellersliehoop

I think Harry wants a big target man.......kenwyne jones would be a good shout

wont be jones, HR slagged him off in his book for being lazy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Realistic striker options on 15:01 - Jan 12 with 1391 viewsAntti_Heinola

Realistic striker options on 13:58 - Jan 12 by paulparker

wont be jones, HR slagged him off in his book for being lazy

you should hear his thoughts on jenas. didn't stop him signing him, though.

Bare bones.

Realistic striker options on 15:49 - Jan 12 with 1346 viewspaulparker

Realistic striker options on 15:01 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

you should hear his thoughts on jenas. didn't stop him signing him, though.

your right but part of the deal to get Townsend was to have Jenas full time
HR got duped into the same thing at pompey when he wanted mendes but he had to take noe Paremount(sp) & sean davis
seems mr levy likes tucking up our Arry

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024