Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland 18:34 - Aug 22 with 23124 viewsLaudrup

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-midfielde

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland

22 Aug 2013 18:23

There have been suggestions the South Korean could leave on a loan basis just 12 months on from a then club-record move from Celtic

Swansea City star Ki Sung Yueng takes on Norwich

Ki Seung-Yeung has been linked with a move away from the Liberty Stadium after Sunderland emerged as a potential suitor for the Swansea City star.

Midfield Ki has slipped down the pecking order at the Swans following Michael Laudrup's summer acquisitions of Jose Canas and Jonjo Shelvey in the middle.

And there have been suggestions the South Korean could leave on a loan basis just 12 months on from a then club-record move from Celtic, the 24-year-old left out of the matchday squad for Swansea's Europa League first-leg play-off clash with Petrolul Ploiesti.

Ki signed in a £5.5m move from the SPL giants but to date has only ever delivered glimpses of his form that made him such a hit in Glasgow as well as his home country.

And he could be allowed to leave the Swans, with Laudrup also revealing out-of-favour striker Luke Moore is on the verge of a move to Elazigspor, the Dane confirming he is in talks over a free move to the Turkish outfit.

Laudrup also said Leroy Lita and Curtis Obeng will be granted free transfers if they can find new clubs.

And while he denied reports of Roland Lamah joining FC Copenhagen, he did pour doubt on the Belgium winger's Liberty future after admitting the loan signing from Osasuna had flopped in South Wales.

Lamah was named on the bench to face Petrolul, but Laudrup said: “Roland is in our squad right now, but we will have to see what happens in the last ten days.
“I will talk to the player and see what he wants to do.
“He hasn't been playing until now and he didn't play so much last season - less than probably he expected.
“When you bring in a player you always hope that he plays a lot, score goals or defend perfectly or whatever.
“You can use a certain number of players and then there are players who play less than he expects and this the case with Roland. But he's here and I can't say he will leave to another club.”

I hate signatures

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 18:37 - Aug 23 with 4348 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:14 - Aug 22 by sammylee3

we haven't won a premier league game since he has been dropped from starting line up with Jerry, this is BS. Ki should be starting in my opinion

We've only gone three Premier League games since we last won.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 21:34 - Aug 23 with 4153 views2face

I think he lost focus a little with the celebrity girlfriend, wedding and media craziness in his homeland. And that was perhaps enough for him to slip down the pecking order.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:01 - Aug 23 with 4126 viewsKennedy

Some interesting reading here

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/ki-sung-yong-swansea-city-a-f-c-2013-

Looks like a mixture of fitness, not doing what being told and acting up.

If Ki was not in ML plans this season he would have been told that like Moore, Kemy, Gower, Obeng, Lita & Tate.

So looks like Ki wants to leave to get first team football, but looks like we need to get someone in before that can happen.

Just call me JFK

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:53 - Aug 23 with 4074 viewssammylee3

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:31 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

So, you would like to replace what is an excellent current midfield set up, with someone who has potential, in the view that he might come good given a run of games? Fair play, thats bonkers. Thank f*ck you aint picking the side.

statistics on Ki's starts show we win simples...thank fook I know what I'm on about
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:58 - Aug 23 with 4064 viewssammylee3

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:53 - Aug 23 by sammylee3

statistics on Ki's starts show we win simples...thank fook I know what I'm on about

he has higher energy levels than, and is also phiscially stonger than leon
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 06:08 - Aug 25 with 3816 viewsDibaba

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:58 - Aug 23 by sammylee3

he has higher energy levels than, and is also phiscially stonger than leon

that's laughable. I imagine Ki on average covers at least 1.5 km per game less than Britton, tracks back less than Britton, has fewer touches than Britton, and has fewer tackles.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 6:10]
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 18:44 - Aug 27 with 3625 viewsLaudrup

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-rule-Ki-Sung-Yueng-sale/sto

Swansea City rule out Ki Sung-Yueng sale

By South Wales Evening Post
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
By Gareth Vincent / @Gareth_Vincent / gareth.vincent@swwmedia.co.uk

SWANSEA City have ruled out selling Ki Sung-Yueng – but may let him leave on loan after receiving a number of enquiries.

Sunderland are favourites to land Ki after the player expressed concerns over how much game-time he will get at the Liberty this season.

Swansea City's Ki Sung-Yueng will not be sold this summer - but he may leave on loan

A leading Championship club are also keen on the South Korean international but, despite talk of interest from Roberto Martinez, Swansea have not been contacted by Everton.

And though there has been an enquiry from a Bundesliga club, Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins does not expect Ki to move to Germany.

“We have had a couple of calls in relation to Ki because, as everybody can see, he has not been in the squad much in the early part of the season,” Jenkins said.

I hate signatures

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 21:27 - Aug 27 with 3505 viewsOldjack

Letting Ki go is a bad move, he can slot in most places on the pitch when needs be

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 21:28 - Aug 27 with 3501 viewsJackfath

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 21:27 - Aug 27 by Oldjack

Letting Ki go is a bad move, he can slot in most places on the pitch when needs be

Racist.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:11 - Aug 28 with 3244 viewsLaudrup

Ki travelled to Romania so he's not going on loan, at least for another couple of days. http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/gallery-romania-1020932.aspx

I hate signatures

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:06 - Aug 28 with 3152 viewsaspas45

I think ki will start this game.

Hope he takes his chance...

Jenkins doesn't want him as Midfielders who fit our style are hard to find.
'He is a respected player well thought of'

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024