Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old bets revisited 22:45 - Feb 1 with 1026 viewsEssex_Ranger

I'm sure somebody on here (may have even been Norf) used to put a bet on every game for Big Dan Shittu to score the first goal. And over the course of the season would normally be up based on the odds of him scoring and goals he got.

Just wondered if anyone would be revisiting this bet with Samba? I'm thinking of starting it tomorrow, surely he will get at least a couple of goals before the season is up!
Old bets revisited on 22:49 - Feb 1 with 1007 viewsNorthernr

Yeh Northern the Elder and I used to have a fiver each on Big Dan for the first goal, turned a profit for a few seasons. Samba a definite candidate.
Old bets revisited on 22:56 - Feb 1 with 992 viewsBushman

Clive Wilson first goal always was a good bet as odds were good as he was a defender but took the pens

Particularly remember 89th min against Millwall in the cup.

Football betting was much less popular then & consequently odds much better value,took bookies a while to,work out the FA cup final was usually 1-0.

Remind me of the hole in one in one consortium who never got paid out.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Old bets revisited on 23:12 - Feb 1 with 975 viewschris1969

Rowland's 16/1 was a steal for a few games as well. Easily paid for my seasons bets.

Big Dan was 33/1 for a while as well.

Guessing Samba will be around 14/1

Had Remy 1-0 vs Man City at 85/1 which kept me interested
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Old bets revisited on 23:44 - Feb 1 with 946 viewscollegeranger

I have to admit jumping up and leeting out a big yelp last season when Chris Samba rose like salmon to bury a header from a corner to claim the first goal against us! V block were aghast even when i explained i was £160 to the good!

My mitigation was that the betting preview on this very forum told me to do it!!!
Old bets revisited on 00:03 - Feb 2 with 931 viewsRBlock

Hold up, we need someone who can get a corner past the first man before we start this!
Old bets revisited on 00:21 - Feb 2 with 923 viewsNoDiddley

Old bets revisited on 00:03 - Feb 2 by RBlock

Hold up, we need someone who can get a corner past the first man before we start this!

Spot on!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024