Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Djibril Cisse and being offside. 18:05 - Aug 29 with 1506 viewsEssex_Ranger

Having read the match report, there was a line in there regarding Cisse making a habit of being offside.

I thought the same over the first couple of games too. So having got a seat in the Paddock last night between the centre circle and 18 yard box I decided to spend about 5 minutes concentrating on him and watching his movement.

I now know why he always goes offside. Its basically due to the slowness of the ball into him.

He sits on the shoulder of the defender, and as soon as our midfield has the ball he's already making his move. Unfortunately we take far too long to look for the ball, or don't see the pass at all.

3 times Dyer had the ball in midfield and 3 times Cisse went on a run only for him to take about 6 touches and by the time he went to play the pass Cisse was offside. The 3rd time he did his nut at Dyer.

The only thing I can see is that Cisse has the pace to beat most defenders so maybe it would be worth him giving the defender a yard or 2 before making the run. Alternately we could pass the ball earlier!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Djibril Cisse and being offside. on 18:41 - Aug 29 with 1420 viewsNorthernr

You're exactly right.
Djibril Cisse and being offside. on 18:42 - Aug 29 with 1420 viewsrunningman75

Was working but listening to the commentary on the way home on BBC London. Think it was Clive Walker saying Cisse has the pace but should hold his run at times.
Djibril Cisse and being offside. on 18:50 - Aug 29 with 1392 viewswestberksr

AFTER sATURDAY HE SHOULD REALISE THAT HIS SPEED OF THOUGHT (AND FOOT) IS NOT IN TUNE WITH THE MIDFIELD YET. (fkin caplocks!) So he needs to hold up a second until they get used to it and start to play the early ball. Against Naaarwich there was no need to go early as he had the pace and vision to see off their defence.

he just needs to count to 3 between thinking of a run and making it!
Djibril Cisse and being offside. on 19:05 - Aug 29 with 1346 viewsthame_hoops

you should twitter this to his wife so she can pass it on
Djibril Cisse and being offside. on 19:05 - Aug 29 with 1344 viewsTacticalR

It's an interesting question, as it didn't seem to be happening last season.

The same question was discussed after Neil's analysis of the Norwich match:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1798

I didn't see last night's game, but my impression was that it was the type of passes (straight and high out of defense) Cissé was getting that was the problem at Norwich (passes which the Norwich defense had no trouble intercepting).

Air hostess clique

Djibril Cisse and being offside. on 19:30 - Aug 29 with 1297 viewsDesertBoot

Djibril Cisse and being offside. on 19:05 - Aug 29 by TacticalR

It's an interesting question, as it didn't seem to be happening last season.

The same question was discussed after Neil's analysis of the Norwich match:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1798

I didn't see last night's game, but my impression was that it was the type of passes (straight and high out of defense) Cissé was getting that was the problem at Norwich (passes which the Norwich defense had no trouble intercepting).

I agree, too many long and looping balls for Cisse to chase.
Hopefully with Faurlin back and Zamora finding his range last night, that will change.

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024