Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do 16:14 - Aug 7 with 1207 viewsCharlie1

I'm there tomorrow night for the athletics.

Planning on getting to the park early afternoon to take it all in, before getting into the stadium.

Think a few on here have been the past few days / week. Any tips / advises greatly appreciated.

Merci!

2:59 baby!

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 16:42 - Aug 7 with 1179 viewstinhead

my boss went Friday and said to go and see the fountains cos they're amazing. Apparently they spell out words and he was sure that some of them were C0ck Terry and is rearranged

Puny God!

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:12 - Aug 7 with 1150 viewsNorthernr

Go on the high speed service from St Pancras. Straight to the park in six minutes, no queues at all from St Pancras and everybody got a seat on the train. Coming back we queued for 20 minutes after an evening athletics session but the queue was in a covered area and we were put straight on a train and again we got a seat. Much less busy than the tube and Stratford Station.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:23 - Aug 7 with 1122 viewsreal_loftus

Avoid the "Speciality coffee" kiosk, first one on the right as you walk in. Queue will be MAHUSSIVE and if you walk further down, there are others (towards the Riverbank Arena) with no queues.

Avoiding eating there if possible, as most of the food kiosks are pretty dire. Eat before/after in Westfield (1st floor food hall) if possible.

Check out the BA/tv in the park area.

If you want to go up in the Mittal tower, you need to book tickets in advance.

Dont mention 3.16 or 2.59 to any of the marathon runners.

ATAF

ATAF.

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:27 - Aug 7 with 1123 viewsHarrowRoadR

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:12 - Aug 7 by Northernr

Go on the high speed service from St Pancras. Straight to the park in six minutes, no queues at all from St Pancras and everybody got a seat on the train. Coming back we queued for 20 minutes after an evening athletics session but the queue was in a covered area and we were put straight on a train and again we got a seat. Much less busy than the tube and Stratford Station.

How much is it?
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:30 - Aug 7 with 1115 viewsNorthernr

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:27 - Aug 7 by HarrowRoadR

How much is it?

Your ticket should have come with a travel pass which is valid on there - so free.
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:35 - Aug 7 with 1104 viewsBklynRanger

Anybody know if they're going to leave all this stuff up and open for a while afterwards or will it shut down when the games of this Olympiad end?
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:41 - Aug 7 with 1095 viewsBlackCrowe

Which block are you in tomorrow night Charlie? - we're in 216.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:41 - Aug 7 with 1093 viewsrangerslee

I have been twice and travelled from Richmond to Stratford for evening sessions. No queues either end and took 1 hr. Don't take any drinks as your bags will be screened. I took small cartons for the kids and had to bin them all. Take empty botttles and fill up from water fountains. If you plan to eat in Westfield then be prepared to queue for a table as it is rammed. The second evening we ate in the park but paid £8.50 for a small box of Thai Curry. You can take food into the park.
Have fun!!
Login to get fewer ads

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 19:27 - Aug 7 with 1011 viewsHarrowRoadR

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:30 - Aug 7 by Northernr

Your ticket should have come with a travel pass which is valid on there - so free.

Yes I have got the passes but someone told me (I shouldn't listen) that it was really expensive or they'd heard it was. Thanks for that would be much easier for me to take that route.
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 19:28 - Aug 7 with 1006 viewskingo

If you see an Aussie woman approaching you then beware, she will try to barge you off the path and then get you kicked out

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 19:56 - Aug 7 with 973 viewsloftus77

There's a weird red Coke sculpture thingy (reminds me of the Superman movies) which apparently you can walk around inside (not far from the Riverbank Arena (hockey)). Everyone raved about it - I queued for 1/2 hour then gave up.

Then queued for 1/2 hour to try and get into 'the world's bigest McDonalds'. Gave up on that too.
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:12 - Aug 7 with 956 viewsCharlie1

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:41 - Aug 7 by rangerslee

I have been twice and travelled from Richmond to Stratford for evening sessions. No queues either end and took 1 hr. Don't take any drinks as your bags will be screened. I took small cartons for the kids and had to bin them all. Take empty botttles and fill up from water fountains. If you plan to eat in Westfield then be prepared to queue for a table as it is rammed. The second evening we ate in the park but paid £8.50 for a small box of Thai Curry. You can take food into the park.
Have fun!!

Cheers all
That's useful.
Clive, we're going from work ie bank tube so don't think we can get the javelin.

Black Crowe; block 207 so on the home straight I think! Cannot wait !!

Stu, am at the mall Sunday......!

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:13 - Aug 7 with 951 viewsCharlie1

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:41 - Aug 7 by BlackCrowe

Which block are you in tomorrow night Charlie? - we're in 216.

Are we top tier? I can't work out the seating!

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:14 - Aug 7 with 944 viewsCharlie1

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:35 - Aug 7 by BklynRanger

Anybody know if they're going to leave all this stuff up and open for a while afterwards or will it shut down when the games of this Olympiad end?

Would assume so re Paralympics but you will be hungover after Swansea!!

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:18 - Aug 7 with 937 viewsBklynRanger

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:14 - Aug 7 by Charlie1

Would assume so re Paralympics but you will be hungover after Swansea!!

Bit of half-cut sight-seeing might do me good.
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:29 - Aug 7 with 918 viewsNorthernr

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:18 - Aug 7 by BklynRanger

Bit of half-cut sight-seeing might do me good.

I was block 242 row 49 seat 250 which was halfway up the second tier overlooking the third bend. The view was superb.
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:46 - Aug 7 with 902 viewsBlackCrowe

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:13 - Aug 7 by Charlie1

Are we top tier? I can't work out the seating!

Yeah top tier mate but the view is supposed to brilliant even up there. Think I'm just beyond the finish line. V excited. Can't quite decide whether to get drunk or not.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 21:03 - Aug 7 with 881 viewsDaveAngel

You can get down the front easy if you want. I've been to a few events - 8 and counting at the mo and not sat in my assigned seat once at various venues. Sat front row on the 3rd bend on Saturday night with a £40 ticket.

You can get pints in the stadium, the only other place ive found is the bar near the cooper box - same price as a bottle. If you get there about 11 take a walk up to the NBC studio near the basketball arena - get to meet loads of American Medal winners - had 4 photo's done with American gold medal winners - swimmers and a few of the athletics team.

If you've got one, take an emergency phone charger - 'cos you'll end up taking shed loads of photo's - i've killed my iphone battery every time.
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 21:29 - Aug 7 with 854 viewsCharlie1

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:46 - Aug 7 by BlackCrowe

Yeah top tier mate but the view is supposed to brilliant even up there. Think I'm just beyond the finish line. V excited. Can't quite decide whether to get drunk or not.

Cheers Dave Angel!

Yeah think I'll stay sober as once in a lifetime

This is what loftus road does to you. I'm half expecting cramped seating, obstructed view etc!

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 21:39 - Aug 7 with 837 viewsJamie

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 20:29 - Aug 7 by Northernr

I was block 242 row 49 seat 250 which was halfway up the second tier overlooking the third bend. The view was superb.

Looks like a great stadium. Shame it has no future in its current format.
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 22:10 - Aug 7 with 810 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 17:35 - Aug 7 by BklynRanger

I was wondering about that, I'm on holiday for 3 weeks and was thinking of going inbetween (hyphon?) games.

Do you need to book prior?

*touch wood* My friend should be here tomorrow from Venezuela and I know she would love to see the Olympic park.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 22:50 - Aug 7 with 778 viewsDWQPR

Went to the opening ceremony and my advice is just enjoy and take everything in. The Olympic Park is absolutely magnificent. Was on the front row of the upper tier, about 11o'clock to the bell (now where the flame is) and the viewing is superb. Food outlets aren't as bad as people have made out, I had the fish and chips which at £8.50 we're in fact pretty damn decent quality. Beer (Heineken) is shite though, why they couldn't have cut a deal with Fullers I do not know. Getting to and from the stadium is also easy. I used the underground on the way back and although crowded the trains were frequent. And as for the volunteer helpers, well the ones I met all deserved their own medals.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 22:55 - Aug 7 with 770 viewseastside_r

I go through Stratford on my way to and from work and the much-predicted chaos at Stratford Station has not occurred.

I work in Mile End and only once have the trains got too full to get on (more than usual anyway.)

However, if you're coming from the west (Paddington) I would use the 'Javelin' from St. Pancras just because it sounds quite cool.
Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 09:41 - Aug 8 with 682 viewsVish

Olympic Stadium / Park tips / things to do on 22:50 - Aug 7 by DWQPR

Went to the opening ceremony and my advice is just enjoy and take everything in. The Olympic Park is absolutely magnificent. Was on the front row of the upper tier, about 11o'clock to the bell (now where the flame is) and the viewing is superb. Food outlets aren't as bad as people have made out, I had the fish and chips which at £8.50 we're in fact pretty damn decent quality. Beer (Heineken) is shite though, why they couldn't have cut a deal with Fullers I do not know. Getting to and from the stadium is also easy. I used the underground on the way back and although crowded the trains were frequent. And as for the volunteer helpers, well the ones I met all deserved their own medals.

completely agree about the volunteers. They were all excellent when we went.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024