Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players ankle tape 21:21 - Mar 27 with 889 viewsEssex_Ranger

Something I have noticed more and more is the amount of tape players have around their ankles and how far up their leg it goes. I presume its to keep their shin pads in place, not that I understand that either just buy shin pads that wrap around your leg!!!

Anyway, watching the Sunderland Everton game and I swear Sessengong (sp) and Bedtner actually have another pair of white socks on over their normal socks!!

Looking at alot of the player and they have so much tape wrapped around that from the bottom of the shin pad down it all looks the same colour - this must be difficult for Refs and Lino's to tell who knocked the ball out for corners/goal kicks etc if both feet go in together for a loose ball? Whats the point in having different coloured shorts/socks if they are going to covered most of it up.

It does make me wonder why the FA have so many pedantic rules like booking people for celebrating with your own fans and taking your shirt off, they even go through the routine of checking players boots etc when subs come on yet they have tape 3 quarters of the way up their legs!!

I don't know why it bugs me so much but it really does!!!
Players ankle tape on 21:23 - Mar 27 with 885 viewsJamie

Quite a lot of players cut the football sock off at the ankle and tape it to an ordinary sock. Strange but true.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024