Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... 15:57 - Jan 15 with 4390 viewsfLaMeBoY

1/ Thankfully watched from the sofa this week but besides the first 20 minutes it was a case of the ‘same old, same old’ I'm afraid.

2/ Started strongly and faded very badly. The game was over after an hour as we did nothing with no ambition from then. I would have thought we would have been more positive and try and get the equaliser, but is seems we were happy to settle for a 1-0 defeat.

3/ We are so ponderous in possession of the ball, worse than slow motion. Backwards-sideways-backward-slow-slower-standstill-backwards.

4/ Derry had a nightmare game up the booking, from then on he just watched rest of the game pass him by. Derry wasn’t alone as there was a number of either piss poor or bang average performances out there today.

5/ Not wanting to get too picky with that result/performance as I think (hope) next week we will have 3-4 new additions. But honestly I really hope that is the last we see of Bothroyd, Hill, Derry and if we’re being brutally honest you can add Smith, Mackie, Gabbidon and Buzz to that list.

6/ Another bang average performance from our left winger (?) and defensive midfielder (!?) SWP. Not sure what’s up with that lad, though MH didn’t make it easy for him today.

7/ The positives was the first 20 minutes and a much improved performance from Mackie.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 20:41 - Jan 15 with 899 viewsYorkRanger

I thought we were well organised and had a good shape. Given the players out it was always going to be tough. I thought Buz did well, bearing in mind how little football he has played. We badly lack invention and pace.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 20:41 - Jan 15 with 899 viewsDylanP

I thought Buzz was playing much too deeply today. He played a solid game but was so deep that we lacked a presence in midfield.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 21:54 - Jan 15 with 866 viewsbrewers_hoop

On the last leg - and my last legs - of journey back. Sat with Geordie mate on halfway line which made pleasant change from the Everest hike to the away end.
First 15 mins all over them but too many early yellows meant too many walking tightrope and couldn't be fully committed.
Thought SWP our biggest threat, defence did ok - Newcastle only one shot on Target all game (although that proved enough). Missed Faurlin big time. Buzz did ok but understandably slightly rusty. Coloccini excellent for them and nice cameo from Ben Arfa who woke crowd up.
Up front we were toothless. Too many blind alleys for Mackie, Helguson not at best b
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 21:57 - Jan 15 with 860 viewsbrewers_hoop

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 21:54 - Jan 15 by brewers_hoop

On the last leg - and my last legs - of journey back. Sat with Geordie mate on halfway line which made pleasant change from the Everest hike to the away end.
First 15 mins all over them but too many early yellows meant too many walking tightrope and couldn't be fully committed.
Thought SWP our biggest threat, defence did ok - Newcastle only one shot on Target all game (although that proved enough). Missed Faurlin big time. Buzz did ok but understandably slightly rusty. Coloccini excellent for them and nice cameo from Ben Arfa who woke crowd up.
Up front we were toothless. Too many blind alleys for Mackie, Helguson not at best b

Sorry bloody shaky train...Heidar didn't get best service and to paraphrase poster from a few weeks ago...if Bothroyd is the answer then what the fck was the question?
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 22:35 - Jan 15 with 837 viewsgjc104

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:40 - Jan 15 by derbyhoop

On the plus side we looked committed and well organised. They barely created a chance all game and you can see why, without Demba Ba, they struggle to score goals.
For a player who has barely featured and is supposedly carrying a dodgy knee, Buzsaky did much better than I expected but couldn't last the pace.
But, at no time in the last 30 minutes, could I see us scoring. The original post summed it up for me.
"3/ We are so ponderous in possession of the ball, worse than slow motion. Backwards-sideways-backward-slow-slower-standstill-backwards. "
Both HH and Bothroyd did a decent job of showing for and holding the ball. But where was the support. If it got there at all, it was too late. Still, any side with both Derry and Mackie in midfield is not going to unpick many PL defences.
People say we created chances. I disagree. We had a fair number of efforts on goal, admittedly. But did Krul have a difficult save to make? Most of our efforts came from outside the box and were pretty tame. The 2 exceptions were Mackie blazing over the bar and Bothroyd doing the same.
Something to build on maybe. But without some quality additions it looks like a side that will be heading down in May.

I thought we played quite well today. They were no better than us. They took the one clear chance they had and we didnt.

Thought Buz had a decent game. However, I thought SWP was poor again, he has been a major disappointment for me, apart from his 1st games at home to Newcastle and away at Wolves.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 23:36 - Jan 15 with 794 viewsrrrspricey

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 22:35 - Jan 15 by gjc104

I thought we played quite well today. They were no better than us. They took the one clear chance they had and we didnt.

Thought Buz had a decent game. However, I thought SWP was poor again, he has been a major disappointment for me, apart from his 1st games at home to Newcastle and away at Wolves.

In what universe did buz have a decent game & played better than swp?

Buz looked exactly what is is today....not match fit & a couple of yards off the pace & apart from a couple of decent corner deliveries was largely anonymous. Swp on the other hand ran his arse off for the entire 90 and along with makie was our only real attacking threat

I know my view may have been slightly hampered being 15 stories up but not that fcukin much
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 00:39 - Jan 16 with 768 viewsaussiehoop

Organisation was a damn sight better than what we've had recently. The midfield looked well drilled when not in possession, squeezing in and restricting space.

SWP had an alright game i felt, not fantastic but certainly not rubbish. Did a lot of good work and i continue to be impressed by his defensive cover. Would like to see him getting balls to run onto as i felt a lot of the time he was receiving the ball with his back to goal.

I've definitely taken a huge positive from the game. I was expecting a thrashing but Hughes has shown me enough in this one performance that he's going to steady the ship a bit.

And for what it's worth i thought Mackie was our MOM today... and if you look at any of my recent posts i ordinarily think he's completely gash!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024