Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Eom 07:20 - Jul 11 with 1846 viewsherbie

Interesting interview with Eom from our excellent Korean reporter.

Interview with Eom on 07:29 - Jul 11 with 1821 viewsDr_Winston

"how they plan to use me in the 4-3-3 formation"

Now THAT (if true) is the best thing I've seen all pre-season.

We're long overdue a return to the 4-3-3/4-5-1 style that was a big part in us getting to the Prem in the first place. Teams have become so rigid and dull these days that a genuinely pacy, interchangeable forward line could do a lot of damage.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Interview with Eom on 07:32 - Jul 11 with 1805 viewsWhiterockin

Interview with Eom on 07:29 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

"how they plan to use me in the 4-3-3 formation"

Now THAT (if true) is the best thing I've seen all pre-season.

We're long overdue a return to the 4-3-3/4-5-1 style that was a big part in us getting to the Prem in the first place. Teams have become so rigid and dull these days that a genuinely pacy, interchangeable forward line could do a lot of damage.

I was thinking exactly the same but I can see it being more of a 4-2-3-1 with Eom being the centre of the three.
Interview with Eom on 07:55 - Jul 11 with 1746 viewsDr_Winston

Interview with Eom on 07:32 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

I was thinking exactly the same but I can see it being more of a 4-2-3-1 with Eom being the centre of the three.

In most games I really wouldn't see the need to deploy two deep midfielders, effectively a back six. That's where we usually ended up when we played Grimes and Fulton together.

One sitting deep (I assume our new Portuguese acquisition), one doing the Pratley role of getting back and fore (time for Grimes to prove his long term worth) and one #10. We will need wingers who work as hard as Dyer did too.
[Post edited 11 Jul 7:57]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Interview with Eom on 08:29 - Jul 11 with 1683 viewsWhiterockin

Interview with Eom on 07:55 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

In most games I really wouldn't see the need to deploy two deep midfielders, effectively a back six. That's where we usually ended up when we played Grimes and Fulton together.

One sitting deep (I assume our new Portuguese acquisition), one doing the Pratley role of getting back and fore (time for Grimes to prove his long term worth) and one #10. We will need wingers who work as hard as Dyer did too.
[Post edited 11 Jul 7:57]

I see it as.

Keeper who knows.
Key Dalling Cabango Tymon
Franco and Grimes with Grimes pushing forward more, providing Franco is decent at DM.
Ginelly Eom Ronald
Up front who knows.

A couple of acquisitions and we could be half decent, but we do need more strength in depth.
Interview with Eom on 08:44 - Jul 11 with 1657 viewsDr_Winston

Interview with Eom on 08:29 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

I see it as.

Keeper who knows.
Franco and Grimes with Grimes pushing forward more, providing Franco is decent at DM.
Ginelly Eom Ronald
Up front who knows.

A couple of acquisitions and we could be half decent, but we do need more strength in depth.

The "Grimes pushing forward more" part is where it could all come unstuck. Hopefully LW will be more Potter/Duff than Cooper/Martin when it comes to that.

Interview with Eom on 09:06 - Jul 11 with 1609 viewsWhiterockin

Interview with Eom on 08:44 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

The "Grimes pushing forward more" part is where it could all come unstuck. Hopefully LW will be more Potter/Duff than Cooper/Martin when it comes to that.

We desperately need a first choice keeper and number 9. IMO it will all come unstuck if we have to start with Fisher and Cullen on 10th August, Cullen is not a number 9 up front by himself and Fisher should just be gone.
Interview with Eom on 09:30 - Jul 11 with 1582 viewshobo

Nice interview. Let's go Eom, welcome to Swansea!
Interview with Eom on 09:51 - Jul 11 with 1544 viewsKeithHaynes

Interview with Eom on 09:06 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

We desperately need a first choice keeper and number 9. IMO it will all come unstuck if we have to start with Fisher and Cullen on 10th August, Cullen is not a number 9 up front by himself and Fisher should just be gone.

On their way mate 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Eom on 09:54 - Jul 11 with 1531 viewsDr_Winston

Interview with Eom on 09:51 - Jul 11 by KeithHaynes

On their way mate 👍

Glad to hear it.

Cullen simply isn't good enough to be anything other than a bench option if we have serious ambitions of exiting the division in an upwards direction.

Interview with Eom on 10:00 - Jul 11 with 1515 viewsjack247

Interview with Eom on 09:06 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

I think we need two strikers and a keeper to be honest. I’d see Cullen as more of a utility forward to bring on than a starting centre forward. On loan would be fine if there isn’t the budget to bring the right players in permanently.

One striker and a keeper if we’ve managed to resolve the issues with Kukharevych.
Interview with Eom on 10:02 - Jul 11 with 1514 viewsRichardO

Interview with Eom on 08:44 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

Bit harsh on Copper who made us defensively stronger but he lost a number of forward thinking players in the midfield to injuries, Gibbs-White and the American duo and ended up with not enough penetration through the middle given the how our loans panned out in the end making us weaker defensively.
Tried to revert to playing attacking football in the play off final but left ourselves expose to mistakes with no viable cover.
All about having the right players alongside Grimes and not relying on him being our main or only defensive midfielder.
Interview with Eom on 10:20 - Jul 11 with 1489 viewsraynor94

Sounds a well grounded young man who's eager to learn

Genuinely excited by this signing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Interview with Eom on 10:38 - Jul 11 with 1451 viewsDr_Winston

Interview with Eom on 10:02 - Jul 11 by RichardO

Bit harsh on Copper who made us defensively stronger but he lost a number of forward thinking players in the midfield to injuries, Gibbs-White and the American duo and ended up with not enough penetration through the middle given the how our loans panned out in the end making us weaker defensively.
Tried to revert to playing attacking football in the play off final but left ourselves expose to mistakes with no viable cover.
All about having the right players alongside Grimes and not relying on him being our main or only defensive midfielder.

Cooper had other attacking options and largely ignored or got shot of them. Players like Celina or Peterson were barely given a look in.

Cooper's preferred style was very similar to the way England have played in this EC. Tournament football. Keep it tight and try to nick one. He and Southgate probably learned it as part of the national setup.

Interview with Eom on 10:39 - Jul 11 with 1445 viewsmagicdaps10

Interview with Eom on 09:51 - Jul 11 by KeithHaynes

On their way mate 👍

You heard names Keith?

If so, you happy with them?

Hopefully you can answer those questions just to tantilise us all a bit 😁

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Interview with Eom on 12:56 - Jul 11 with 1283 viewsFireboy2

Interview with Eom on 10:39 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

You heard names Keith?

If so, you happy with them?

Hopefully you can answer those questions just to tantilise us all a bit 😁

He won't, he likes to tantalise 😉
Interview with Eom on 12:59 - Jul 11 with 1279 viewsRichardO

Interview with Eom on 10:38 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

Cooper had other attacking options and largely ignored or got shot of them. Players like Celina or Peterson were barely given a look in.

Cooper's preferred style was very similar to the way England have played in this EC. Tournament football. Keep it tight and try to nick one. He and Southgate probably learned it as part of the national setup.

Was going to mention Celina and Peterson who didn't really have a chance to play together often, one memorable time both of them got on the pitch together and seem to have an understanding on how they were going to play think Peterson made a mistake and after about 5 minutes of shared game times was promptly subbed and to my recollection hardly played again although he seemed a threat up front, Fulham game I think but could be wrong.
Interview with Eom on 14:19 - Jul 11 with 1175 viewsfbreath

So I guess if he does well and other clubs show an interest in him in a years time we'll be singing

Don't take Eom please don take Eom.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Interview with Eom on 18:52 - Jul 11 with 954 viewsandrew

Interview with Eom on 08:29 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

I see it as.

Keeper who knows.
Ginelly Eom Ronald
Up front who knows.

Don’t forget Parker and govea

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Interview with Eom on 21:04 - Jul 11 with 835 viewsKeithHaynes

Interview with Eom on 14:19 - Jul 11 by fbreath

So I guess if he does well and other clubs show an interest in him in a years time we'll be singing

Don't take Eom please don take Eom.

This is most certainly a sell on player.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Interview with Eom on 21:16 - Jul 11 with 786 viewsDr_Winston

Interview with Eom on 21:04 - Jul 11 by KeithHaynes

This is most certainly a sell on player.

The only sustainable model given the current financial regulations. Buy cheap, sell high, and eventually build a squad we can afford to keep with one or two big sales every Summer.

The snag with that is that PL teams seem to have sworn off paying big money for Championship players.

Interview with Eom on 00:55 - Jul 12 with 664 viewsRhonddaSwans

Interview with Eom on 21:16 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

The only sustainable model given the current financial regulations. Buy cheap, sell high, and eventually build a squad we can afford to keep with one or two big sales every Summer.

The snag with that is that PL teams seem to have sworn off paying big money for Championship players.

Archie Gray has just joined Spurs for 41 mil.
🤔

Poll: Mel Nurse statue ?

Interview with Eom on 08:52 - Jul 12 with 550 viewsDr_Winston

Interview with Eom on 00:55 - Jul 12 by RhonddaSwans

Archie Gray has just joined Spurs for 41 mil.
🤔

For the most part. Certainly not at the same levels as they did before COVID and the FFP rules started hurting them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024