Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thomas O’Halloran RIP 17:04 - Aug 17 with 8775 viewsDWQPR

This is the poor gentleman who was most vilely stabbed to death in Cayton Road yesterday in the lowest of all crimes that I can remember. A defenceless and elderly man of 87 in a mobility scooter slayed by some scumbag who hopefully judging by the picture released by the police will soon be apprehended. Although I never knew this man I do recall him in recent months sitting outside Greenford Station in his scooter playing an accordion and raising money for Ukrainian causes. A man of a good heart.

RIP Thomas.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 9:11]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 17:19 - Aug 18 with 2693 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 17:04 - Aug 18 by Boston

It's pretty easy in my book, you blame the person(s), who commit the crime.

Dear Wembley boy,

Solid point.

But if you want to make things better over all and stop these situations, you have to delve into what causes such individuals to even exist and let them think they can conduct themselves like this.

Because what we can say, such scum are not isolated one-offs and if anything, on the rise.

Yours

Greenford Boy

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

James O’Halloran RIP on 17:31 - Aug 18 with 2641 viewsA40Bosh

James O’Halloran RIP on 14:41 - Aug 18 by SheffieldHoop

Just the usual LibsofLFW types being overly sensitive of any post they perceive as being slightly critical of "the narrative" - And made easier on this occasion because he's in Sydney and has no idea what it's like in London these days.

According to these people: You just have to deal with tooled-up lowlifes rolling around the streets unchallenged. Stopping people for searches is just racist. And if they have an addiction or mental health issue, those are waaaaaaaaay more important than your life and whatever you're meant to be doing with it right now. So accept the stabbing, never expect justice, and shut up.

6 murders in the last 4 days, average age of the victim: 54.

Anyone who comes on here and writes two or three lines, one of which one is a direct dig at the Mayor of London should expect to get challenged on it - The problem lies where those who support that narrative simply refuse to get in to a discussion/debate/rational argument with the other side when a different opinion is offered and either through laziness, or from getting a kick out of being antagonistic or perhaps just being thick, they only shout the others down with insults or further digs cos everyone is a lily-livered liberal who can just be ignored if you try to add some context to an argument.

Ultimately, as one of the last posts said the blame lies solely with the person who committed the crime. However, as a society we can either demand to bring back the death penalty and just line them all up and keep hanging all the wrong uns, cos that is all they are and we just need to be get rid of them to save the public purse - or we dig a bit deeper to understand what could have lead to the wrong un, being a wrong un in the first place and whether as a society anything can be done to try and reduce the number of wrong uns being out on our streets.

Edit:
RIP to Thomas, a very horrible ending to his life. I would be very surprised if in the next couple of days if I don't find out that people in our circle of friends know the family as there is a big Irish community that came out of Greenford and moved to Northolt and Ruislip whose parents may well have known Thomas.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 17:35]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 18:09 - Aug 18 with 2545 viewsactonman

The fact there is so many of these fking scumbags roaming the streets of England these days is entirely the governments fault ! Yoots running round stabbing each other with no regard or conscious for each other ! No respect for the law cos they know nothing will happen to them , naughty kids these days are rewarded for acting like a normal person rather than reprimanded for being a little cnt. No wonder they all think they can do as they want . This was no kid but I bet he’s been getting a free fking ride since he was.
My old manor greenford , makes my blood boil that some piece of sh!t like that could even contemplate what he has done , I would hang IT from the iron footbridge over the a40
Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 18:23 - Aug 18 with 2516 viewsEastR

I believe the original purpose of this thread was to express condolences for the sad loss of this poor soul.

Why don’t we respect the dignity and the memory of this man by confining it to those expressions, and take the rest of it elsewhere to vent.

RIP Tomás

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

James O’Halloran RIP on 18:48 - Aug 18 with 2472 viewsstanistheman

James O’Halloran RIP on 09:11 - Aug 18 by DWQPR

Done.

thanks for doing that
Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 19:48 - Aug 18 with 2394 viewsHayesender

Saw a video today of yoots running amok on Oxford Street.

Hundreds of them robbing shops blind in broad daylight, safe in the knowledge nothing will happen to them.

London has become lawless, and I'm just glad I'm getting out of the cess pit

Poll: Shamima Beghum

James O’Halloran RIP on 20:08 - Aug 18 with 2366 viewswelwynranger

James O’Halloran RIP on 14:13 - Aug 18 by PhilmyRs

How’s he done that? Sorry if I’m missing something obvious. Thought it was a dig at our mayor and making the streets safer?

Exactly
Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 22:20 - Aug 18 with 2195 viewsMyke

Just think it's a shame that the thread had to be turned into political point-scoring instead of simple condolences and tribute to an elderly gentleman on his untimely death.
Login to get fewer ads

James O’Halloran RIP on 22:23 - Aug 18 with 2184 views100percent

James O’Halloran RIP on 17:19 - Aug 18 by SheffieldHoop

Sadiq Khan is the equivalent of the Police and Crime Commissioner and is responsible for the totality of policing in the capital.

He was happy to remove Cressida Dick over "Her response to misogyny and racism in the force" (However that works out, no idea, something about a private whatsapp group) - So with that in mind, Why shouldn't people expect him to remove himself, Mr Sadiq "Doing everything in my power to cut stop and search" (While people are bowling about with 16-inch swords tucked down their tracksuit bottoms) Khan.

Now he's claiming to be "heartbroken" over this latest murder - Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see you actually start to do something about it. As ever, these people will lie and excuse their way out of taking the public's safety seriously. Anyway, not wanting to turn this into an argument, maybe we can do it the next time there is a murder serious enough to warrant a thread on here.

Well actually, he's not.
The Mayoral post in this city is pretty toothless, especially when the person holding that position is not aligned to the residing government.
We should really be looking at the cuts in Policing and the failure to invest in public safety.
There's total under funding of mental health issues and people who suffer are left to roam our streets unchallenged.
RIP Mr O'Halloran, an awful, awful way to die.
James O’Halloran RIP on 22:39 - Aug 18 with 2136 viewsBoston

James O’Halloran RIP on 22:23 - Aug 18 by 100percent

Well actually, he's not.
The Mayoral post in this city is pretty toothless, especially when the person holding that position is not aligned to the residing government.
We should really be looking at the cuts in Policing and the failure to invest in public safety.
There's total under funding of mental health issues and people who suffer are left to roam our streets unchallenged.

You missed the word 'Judges'.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 22:41 - Aug 18 with 2127 viewsdistortR

We're an infantilised society - too many seeking victimhood and too many refusing to take responsibility for their actions, and too many people making excuses for them.
James O’Halloran RIP on 23:28 - Aug 18 with 2061 viewsSydneyRs

James O’Halloran RIP on 14:13 - Aug 18 by PhilmyRs

How’s he done that? Sorry if I’m missing something obvious. Thought it was a dig at our mayor and making the streets safer?

Because it's clearly a much broader and deeper issue than "the mayor", but he happens to be of a certain colour and creed and is regularly blamed for this stuff and targeted online.

Meanwhile we have a government openly demonising disadvantaged people which will only add to these type of problems in society.

Very glad to hear there's been an arrest, absolutely horrible incident.
Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 00:11 - Aug 19 with 2000 viewsMyke

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 22:20 - Aug 18 by Myke

Just think it's a shame that the thread had to be turned into political point-scoring instead of simple condolences and tribute to an elderly gentleman on his untimely death.

Because (1) it's deeply disrespectful to Mr O Halloran's memory and his family.
(2) it must be a nightmare for Clive to police and we all know he is not in the best space at the moment
So unless anyone has some pleasant anecdotes to share about Mr O' Halloran, I strongly suggest we close this thread.
Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 00:32 - Aug 19 with 1954 viewseastside_r

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 00:11 - Aug 19 by Myke

(2) it must be a nightmare for Clive to police and we all know he is not in the best space at the moment
So unless anyone has some pleasant anecdotes to share about Mr O' Halloran, I strongly suggest we close this thread.

Absolutely this is about a horrible crime and and a horrible death for an old and frail man.

That is all that matters. This was someone’s Dad, Grandad and possibly great Grandad.

Take your political agendas and take them elsewhere.
Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 08:57 - Aug 19 with 1729 viewsmcqpr10

Awful news. RIP Thomas. My whole family is Irish and that generation of Irish will always be my heroes and the people I look up to. Some brilliant characters, musicians, poets and people. Hope he’s up there somewhere playing the accordion and having the craic.
Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 10:45 - Aug 19 with 1621 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 00:11 - Aug 19 by Myke

I hear you.

However, this dreadful situation should prompt people into asking questions, seeking answers and demanding action.

Because if we don't, then all we effectively do is brush it under the table and normalise it. Whereupon we simply wait for the newscycle to deliver up the next tragedy to so we can merely gawp and mutter how awful things are, but nothing changes!

This tragedy is particularly troubling for many of us for many reasons: I come from a mile away from this incident; I often walk that way to Pitshanger Lane when back to visit my mum; she's of comparable age to Thomas and was herself born a few miles away from him in Co. Clare.

The fear many seniors and vulnerable people have about going out or staying in, is palpable. I'm not sure people are points scoring or seeking too, because everyone is agreed that this is a desperately sad end to anyone's life and this crap must stop; its agreeing how to achieve the latter that is the puzzler. But we all want it to stop!

If anything is to come out of this tragedy, then a cleansing of the ills ingrained in modern Western societies is urgently required. While LFW might not be the birthplace of the next Arab Spring, it is where our community can converse and share thoughts as much as we sadly do condolences.

I don't think we can live in such isolation so as to avoid discussing such issues. However, as long as the debate is civil and we accept that the next Rfosi's right to an opinion, then that would be a start for us and Lord knows, society in general.

Two pages in, our collective horror at this tragedy remains unbowed. How we pull it back needs to be the real legacy from Thomas' passing, not one of saying let's not discuss it....in my view of course.

CW's call, wouldn't blame him either way.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 11:29]

James O’Halloran RIP on 11:24 - Aug 19 with 1567 viewsSheffieldHoop

James O’Halloran RIP on 22:23 - Aug 18 by 100percent

Well actually, he's not.

Well actually, according to the Mayor of London's website, he is.
https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/mayors-office-policing-and-crime-mopac/abou

It's his fault he sits in complete opposition to the government and renders himself ineffective. He could choose to make the best of it, but instead treats the role like it's all a game. He's been in the post since 2016. It is his responsibility. Nobody else's.

Mental health might seem underfunded to you, but a bed in Broadmoor Hospital costs the public around half a million per year. It's not cheap. Costs around 1/10th of that to keep criminals in a more "traditional" prison setup. No idea what a death penalty would cost or whether that is actually a desirable thing or not, but in times like this it's difficult to understand why it shouldn't be.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

James O’Halloran RIP on 12:46 - Aug 19 with 1469 viewsloftboy

James O’Halloran RIP on 11:24 - Aug 19 by SheffieldHoop

Well actually, according to the Mayor of London's website, he is.
https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/mayors-office-policing-and-crime-mopac/abou

It's his fault he sits in complete opposition to the government and renders himself ineffective. He could choose to make the best of it, but instead treats the role like it's all a game. He's been in the post since 2016. It is his responsibility. Nobody else's.

Mental health might seem underfunded to you, but a bed in Broadmoor Hospital costs the public around half a million per year. It's not cheap. Costs around 1/10th of that to keep criminals in a more "traditional" prison setup. No idea what a death penalty would cost or whether that is actually a desirable thing or not, but in times like this it's difficult to understand why it shouldn't be.

I watched Rillington place last night, a chap who had learning difficulties was wrongly hung after telling the police he disposed of his wife body, Christie had killed her and persuaded the young man it was his fault, he got pardoned 12 years later, not that it did him any good. It’s too risky using the death penalty , there are still too many Mis-carriages of justice.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 13:00 - Aug 19 with 1441 viewsMyke

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 10:45 - Aug 19 by PlanetHonneywood

I hear you.

However, this dreadful situation should prompt people into asking questions, seeking answers and demanding action.

Because if we don't, then all we effectively do is brush it under the table and normalise it. Whereupon we simply wait for the newscycle to deliver up the next tragedy to so we can merely gawp and mutter how awful things are, but nothing changes!

This tragedy is particularly troubling for many of us for many reasons: I come from a mile away from this incident; I often walk that way to Pitshanger Lane when back to visit my mum; she's of comparable age to Thomas and was herself born a few miles away from him in Co. Clare.

The fear many seniors and vulnerable people have about going out or staying in, is palpable. I'm not sure people are points scoring or seeking too, because everyone is agreed that this is a desperately sad end to anyone's life and this crap must stop; its agreeing how to achieve the latter that is the puzzler. But we all want it to stop!

If anything is to come out of this tragedy, then a cleansing of the ills ingrained in modern Western societies is urgently required. While LFW might not be the birthplace of the next Arab Spring, it is where our community can converse and share thoughts as much as we sadly do condolences.

I don't think we can live in such isolation so as to avoid discussing such issues. However, as long as the debate is civil and we accept that the next Rfosi's right to an opinion, then that would be a start for us and Lord knows, society in general.

Two pages in, our collective horror at this tragedy remains unbowed. How we pull it back needs to be the real legacy from Thomas' passing, not one of saying let's not discuss it....in my view of course.

CW's call, wouldn't blame him either way.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 11:29]

This is fair. Did your mum know Thomas- ironic both from Clare and ended up almost as neighbours. Two points I suppose. (1) Perhaps a seperate thread discussing the wider issues of mindless violence on the streets, so not directly linked to Thomas, so he can RIP
(2) There is a world of difference between a genuine discussion with people expressing their fears and concerns as you just have, and deliberately provocative loaded comments that are designed purely to evoke a heated response.
Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 13:30 - Aug 19 with 1369 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 13:00 - Aug 19 by Myke

This is fair. Did your mum know Thomas- ironic both from Clare and ended up almost as neighbours. Two points I suppose. (1) Perhaps a seperate thread discussing the wider issues of mindless violence on the streets, so not directly linked to Thomas, so he can RIP
(2) There is a world of difference between a genuine discussion with people expressing their fears and concerns as you just have, and deliberately provocative loaded comments that are designed purely to evoke a heated response.

1. No she didn't. Stuff like this after 2 years of lockdown is not what vulnerable people need to be adding to their current difficulties.

2. Undoubtedly WUM's come to the fore at such times. However, it's important we recognise them for what they are and don't allow them to detract from what needs ventilating. Its important that a broad church of views are shared, regardless of whether we like what we read, hadn't thought about such things, or fear it might shake what we originally thought was right.

The important thing is to keep minds open, share a desire to reach consensus...and then bloody do something about it.

Thomas O’Halloran RIP on 13:40 - Aug 19 with 1340 viewsParkRoyalR

Career criminal from South Acton, ex-armed robber, rumoured crackhead which would explain regularly trying to steal from Tesco, but not this heinous inexplicable crime of stabbing an 87 year old in a likely attempt to steal his charity box.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024