Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 18:20 - Aug 6 with 10009 viewsBlackCrowe

Are you not entertained....flipping great match. Willock has seriously bulked up, he should be monstrous this season. Big shout out to Stef and Dykes who had great games as did the back line.

Many many positives except that we sat too deep in the second half but overall top stuff. And we handled the Chloe Kelly bringing ball on and half time stuff really really well.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 11:50 - Aug 7 with 1432 viewsPaddyhoops

Cracking game of football.
We deserved our win today . Willock and Dickie were outstanding.
The heat was definitely a factor in Boro’s fall off in the last 20.
Having been moved from our “ new” seats , we ended up four seats from the touch line in the lower loft pretty much cooking for two hours.
That first pint in the crown went down gloriously!!
Just back on 12:34 - Aug 7 with 1307 viewsgolborne

Just back on 18:38 - Aug 6 by sdm1508

To think Wilock isn't even match fit. Thought we faded in the second half as he did. His link up play with chair starts so much for us. It sets the tone. Thought Dykes did ok but not sure he is the sort of player needed for Beale's style of play. Maybe Roberts when he is fit will add a more mobile option. Stef still looks a bit laboured to me. Some nice passing and his free kick for the goal. Probably only player who can offer that but could see Field playing that role with Amos and Richards when more mobility needed. Thought Dunne defensively looked good most of the time although Watmore did him a couple of times. Just think he is going to struggle playing in the left of a two. Looked like some of the players were getting frustrated with him as he came back in to his right foot. Field and Dickie a lot more vocal and organising the team. Either would be good captain material I think

The wheels came off our total football when field was moved into the deep role upon his return in December (after one game on the left) with SJ being moved out. Eventually, we got more and more direct as the CH’s didn’t trust him taking the ball. MW should have sussed that one out, but was desperate to have ball players further forward, whilst still accommodating Field. The deep player needs to be tidy and able to pass accurately. For all his positives, these are Fields worst two attributes. Passing and eye for tends to be natural, but I’d spend a lot of time working on his touch. You can always improve that. Hopefully, this new role will suit him better, but I think there will be lots of mixing and matching in there. 3 spots available for up to 6-7 players we wouldn’t be completely unhappy with out there, if push came to shove. We all have our favourites, but all of these MF lads can do a job on their day, if need be.
Just back on 16:27 - Aug 7 with 995 viewsstanistheman

Just back on 21:40 - Aug 6 by NorthantsHoop

I thought the ref and linesmen were good standard today. Ref got all the cards right and tried to keep the game flowing, as we know they have been instructed to stop timewasting and letting a little more physicality be allowed.

were you watching just before half time when he blew up to give us a free kick in our own half when the ball had been headed forward towards the corner of the penalty area and Chair closing in on it? Or in the 2nd half added time when a similar attack was on and he blew for an infringement back outside our half?

He wasn't letting the game flow in those attacks.
Just back on 18:40 - Aug 7 with 830 viewsbillericaydicky

Such a great day yesterday, it had everything that makes supporting QPR so special.

First home game of the season, sunshine, pre match beers, seeing all the usual faces and suspects in the ground, a new Rangers legend on the pitch pre-match and at HT, the family of an old Rangers legend on the pitch at HT - a lump in my throat. Rangers cruising at 3-0, goal of the season, conceding just before the break to make us nervous, backs to the wall and trying not to concede again in the first ten minutes. Conceding again after 10 minutes. Nails bitten, nerves frayed, expecting to lose, bodies on the line, injury time of 6 minutes feeling like 20. Utter relief at FT, cuddling everyone in close proximity, singing and celebrating, waking up with a proper thumping hangover.

Took 3 years off my life. What a day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024