Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the swans did get relegated ? 20:23 - Aug 5 with 3063 viewsKeithHaynes

Would you stick with Martin ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

If the swans did get relegated ? on 23:27 - Aug 6 with 548 viewsDr_Parnassus

If the swans did get relegated ? on 23:23 - Aug 6 by STID2017

Cat, you are one of the best posters on here.
Surely you can see that post was from last night ?
We are all raw after today's inept performance, including me.
Last week, we could have, should have won.
Today we surrender like lambs and worryingly Martin seemed to have no idea how to right it.
Only two games in.
I think the owners will give him until the end of September ( 11 games in total ) to assess things

Yes after 52 (ish) games you wrote that, and you think it’s no longer valid after 53?

What you thought last night shouldn’t have really changed what you thought today, you have had a big enough sample size now.

Otherwise you will be flip flopping your views every game.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

If the swans did get relegated ? on 23:31 - Aug 6 with 543 viewsSTID2017

If the swans did get relegated ? on 23:27 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes after 52 (ish) games you wrote that, and you think it’s no longer valid after 53?

What you thought last night shouldn’t have really changed what you thought today, you have had a big enough sample size now.

Otherwise you will be flip flopping your views every game.

That is what real supporters do.
Win the next three ( not counting Tuesday) and many will be more positive.
You and OHL are so rigid in your views that you see no other view.
Must be an awful way to be.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

If the swans did get relegated ? on 23:36 - Aug 6 with 527 viewsDr_Parnassus

If the swans did get relegated ? on 23:31 - Aug 6 by STID2017

It really isn’t.

Real supporters spot problems and voice the concerns. Hence why the likes of Petty was ousted and we put pressure to get rid of the likes of Bob Bradley.

Im not rigid at all, quite the opposite. My view aligns with long term performance. When we are playing above our level I’m happy (under Cooper being 6th and 4th for example) - under Martin I am unhappy (15th and 22nd).

You couldn’t be less rigid than that. If Martin wishes to turn my views around then win games and climb the league, it’s that simple.

If the swans did get relegated ? on 23:41 - Aug 6 with 519 viewsCatullus

Today we surrender like lambs and worryingly Martin seemed to have no idea how to right it.
Only two games in.
I think the owners will give him until the end of September ( 11 games in total ) to assess things

It was badly phrased question asked while I was still angry (raw if you like) about what I had seen. Not so much a comment about what you said but to ask how you felt after today.

Tonight I shall dream of a team of Alan Tates. And yes, I am still angry. A lot of what I saw today would not have been acceptable in the Swansea Sunday league 20 years ago, let alone from a bunch of pro footballers. In the old Vetch days Martin would have felt that anger a lot more, he would have been barracked out of the ground, the centre stand exit would have been a nightmare for him as it was for several players and managers and the odd owner over the years.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If the swans did get relegated ? on 23:44 - Aug 6 with 510 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Absolutely not. There is some absolute dross in this division, and there is no excuse for not finishing above at least 3 of them.

If we were to be relegated I'd hope we were shot of him long before it happened, even flirting with it should see him gone. And I say that as someone who remains, in a broad sense, pro Martin.
If the swans did get relegated ? on 07:21 - Aug 7 with 445 viewsangryjack

Only two games in.

Get your head out sand mush..Martin ain't got clue nearly everyone who got snow ounce of sense about football can see the problems,but he too stubborn or stupid to see it himself
If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:07 - Aug 7 with 410 viewsvetchonian

If the swans did get relegated ? on 23:31 - Aug 6 by STID2017

I admire your loyalty and we are all entitled to our opinions but once again you are accusing me by inferences that I am not a proper supporter as I am being negative regarding the manager who in my opinion is not up to the job.
an opinion formed not just on the performances of today and last week but the whole of last season and the research I did into his MKDons tenure.
His post match interviews are always the same he believes we have dominated games due to our high levels of possession where we dominant yesterday?
His deluded interview where he criticised the Blavkburn bench for criticism of his style of play......after 54 games it clearly doesn't work neither did it at MKDons...

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:18 - Aug 7 with 406 viewsSTID2017

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:07 - Aug 7 by vetchonian

I admire your loyalty and we are all entitled to our opinions but once again you are accusing me by inferences that I am not a proper supporter as I am being negative regarding the manager who in my opinion is not up to the job.
an opinion formed not just on the performances of today and last week but the whole of last season and the research I did into his MKDons tenure.
His post match interviews are always the same he believes we have dominated games due to our high levels of possession where we dominant yesterday?
His deluded interview where he criticised the Blavkburn bench for criticism of his style of play......after 54 games it clearly doesn't work neither did it at MKDons...

No inferring anything at all towards you.
It was directed purely towards Dr P.
He is inferring my view is fickle and changeable.
The night before and yesterday I was looking forward to the first game and optimistic.
By 5.00 ( well before that ) I was so despondent about our performance ( as was everyone) that my view had flipped.
I would still love to believe that RM can see the light and change things.
However after his after match interview yesterday it is clear he is not for changing.

Login to get fewer ads

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:33 - Aug 7 with 393 viewsDr_Parnassus

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:18 - Aug 7 by STID2017

No inferring anything at all towards you.
It was directed purely towards Dr P.
He is inferring my view is fickle and changeable.
The night before and yesterday I was looking forward to the first game and optimistic.
By 5.00 ( well before that ) I was so despondent about our performance ( as was everyone) that my view had flipped.
I would still love to believe that RM can see the light and change things.
However after his after match interview yesterday it is clear he is not for changing.

So I’m not a proper fan now because I’m noting how bad this manager is? A view you now finally seem to be agreeing with again?

You were happy with Martin, then scathing of Martin, then happy with Martin again, now you have just stated the only way out of it is for Martin to rip it all up and start again… so presumably not happy with him again.

All the while you have been having a go at other fans for saying exactly that all along.

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:46 - Aug 7 with 390 viewsnantywatcher

I have been consistent for the last 12 months in my view that Martin is a "bullshi###r" and. just cannot imagine he will ever achieve anything as a football manager. However if the powers that be do think about biting the bullet they need to go all the whole hog and get rid of that clown, Julian Winter, who got sucked in by the bullsh##t and sent our club down this dead end street. In the end it would be money well spent.
If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:46 - Aug 7 with 390 viewsSTID2017

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:33 - Aug 7 by Dr_Parnassus

So I’m not a proper fan now because I’m noting how bad this manager is? A view you now finally seem to be agreeing with again?

You were happy with Martin, then scathing of Martin, then happy with Martin again, now you have just stated the only way out of it is for Martin to rip it all up and start again… so presumably not happy with him again.

All the while you have been having a go at other fans for saying exactly that all along.

Difference is he has not been able to do right by you since day one.
His major problem in your eyes is he isn't Cooper.
Anyway off to enjoy the sunshine

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:48 - Aug 7 with 377 viewsDr_Parnassus

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:46 - Aug 7 by STID2017

Difference is he has not been able to do right by you since day one.
His major problem in your eyes is he isn't Cooper.
Anyway off to enjoy the sunshine

Except your lying again, as predicted.

I was very much in Martin’s corner when he arrived and backed him to learn and change.

Prove otherwise. (You can’t).

As you were.

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:49 - Aug 7 with 372 viewsonehunglow

If the swans did get relegated ? on 08:07 - Aug 7 by vetchonian

It's not just STID who seems a decent sort but one who is yet to come to terms with matters.He finds it hard to accept.

Others have a "narrative " too as regards "proper" fans,the ones who go away with Wales -proper fans again- and get drunk ,happy and vomit then come home and boast about it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024