Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 12:44 - Jul 25 with 29715 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first game of the season at a newly promoted side away from home. The likely outcome is obvious but we have to have some hope. A draw would be decent, these first games of the season away from home are no guide but can often end in defeat.

Away Fans Info
A decent place to meet is at the union club and the owner opens his front and back doors to away fans for all Rotherham United matches. Here are the details.

The Union Club, ( Transport Club )
Union Street,
Masbrough,
Rotherham S61 1AA

The owner Paul is on 07565853802 if you want to contact him to open up at a certain time. They sell a wide range of beers, cider and have a decent pub food menu. About a ten minute walk to the stadium.

Rotherham ‘Facts Explained ’
Gordon Banks is from Rotherham, he was a goalkeeper who only had one eye when he retired. Gordon in currently dead. Pocket Handkerchief Lane, now there’s a name to work with ? It’s a name of a lane in Rotherham. It is said that in this lane the Pocket Handkerchief was first conceived. Not literally. However we think that could be a load of bollocks. The Chuckle brothers are from Rotherham. Nowadays they are a singular act as one of them is also currently dead. Saxon and Jive Bunny are from the town, hard to work out I know. Especially when legend has it that Barnsley is where Saxon hail from. Even more difficult is Jive Bunny. They do come from Rotherham and often got themselves in a right pickle.

We know you won’t believe this but the first football was made out of cheese in Rotherham. It was made by a chap called Billy Miller. Billy was the cousin of another Rotherham great named William of Hague. Hence the nickname ‘The Millers’ That’s possibly enough true, startling and fun facts for now.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58075/big-swansea-city-s

Rotherham United: Viktor Johansson, Wes Harding, Dan Barlaser, Richard Wood (captain), Ben Wiles, Chiedozie Ogbene, Conor Washington, Jamie Lindsay, Shane Ferguson, Grant Hall, Cam Humphreys.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Cohen Bramall, Jamie McCart, Georgie Kelly, Scott High, Hakeem Odoffin, Peter Kioso.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Ben Cabango, Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Cameron Congreve.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:47 - Jul 30 with 1798 viewsBrynmill_Jack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:42 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Welcome to Swansea Harry Darling 👏👏👏

Captain Darling????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:51 - Jul 30 with 1717 viewsDr_Winston

A very "last season" half from us. Ten minutes of total dominance, a weak goal conceded then 15 minutes of wobbling. Regained control of the game after that and deservedly level at the break.

As much as I appreciate what RM is trying to do in terms of style, we simply have to toughen up at the back if it's going to achieve anything. Maybe that will come with competitive games. Hopefully so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:51 - Jul 30 with 1716 viewsmagicdaps10

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:43 - Jul 30 by Catullus

Are our new centre backs not strong enough? One of them coming from the same division are Rotherham last season. Or am I just making a bad assumption?

Are our midfield not strong enough? Fulton is playing though and he adds grit.

At least Darling can get his shots on target now he needs to defend a but better against the "directness"

Hopefully getting that goal will boost us on to win.

Is anyone actually watching the game, are we still playing too much football in our own last third?

Not sure on Wood myself, seems to have lapses of concentration from what I have seen of him, early to say but as it stands a fit Cabango starts before him.

Watching it Cat, we are playing a bit of football, not enough but we have struggled with their directness and long throws.

Attacking wise there is a lot of movement but that final pass or touch has let us down a couple of times.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:52 - Jul 30 with 1709 viewsCatullus

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:44 - Jul 30 by BryanSwan

First one not afraid to have a pop. We really do need to shoot more often when we get around the box.

Inside the box we should shoot on site, in my opinion anyway. A loose ball bouncing in the box is dangerous anyway.

Naughton at the back, is he the one struggling with Ogbene? If so why not put Cabango on? Darling is supposed to be the ball playing centre back, Let Cabango fight with Ogbene.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:53 - Jul 30 with 1696 viewsjojaca

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:47 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Captain Darling????

Not bad first half, we are the superior team. Just need to get front 2 more in the game and dust off first game cob webs.

Even when you know, you never know?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:55 - Jul 30 with 1668 viewsThrasher6

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:53 - Jul 30 by jojaca

Not bad first half, we are the superior team. Just need to get front 2 more in the game and dust off first game cob webs.

Agree....we win this...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:55 - Jul 30 with 1667 viewsmagicdaps10

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:51 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

A very "last season" half from us. Ten minutes of total dominance, a weak goal conceded then 15 minutes of wobbling. Regained control of the game after that and deservedly level at the break.

As much as I appreciate what RM is trying to do in terms of style, we simply have to toughen up at the back if it's going to achieve anything. Maybe that will come with competitive games. Hopefully so.

We have Wood and Darling in there for those set pieces, Rotherham player was man handling the defenders but you have to stronger there.

My concern in there at the moment is Wood, couple of times his positioning has been out and a few lapses with the ball at his feet.

The front 3 need to start clicking, few promising moves that resulted in nothing, not even a shot let alone a pass into a dangerous area.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:56 - Jul 30 with 1651 viewsFireboy2

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:51 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

We are there and that description is spot on.

We are totally dominant, the defence have to be stronger and more alert, lati is no wingback, no pace, not his fault, sorrinola is better, we need another one pronto, great goal that will hopefully settle us down.

Ntcham and Congreve to come on and settle the game.
Login to get fewer ads

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:58 - Jul 30 with 1610 viewsDr_Winston

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:56 - Jul 30 by Fireboy2

We are totally dominant, the defence have to be stronger and more alert, lati is no wingback, no pace, not his fault, sorrinola is better, we need another one pronto, great goal that will hopefully settle us down.

Don't want to put too much pressure on Congreve's shoulders, but if we're still level 65-70 minutes in I'd swap him in for Pato.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:59 - Jul 30 with 1585 viewsDr_Parnassus

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:56 - Jul 30 by Fireboy2

We aren’t totally dominant.

We are dominating possession as is in both teams game plan. That isn’t dominating the game though.

Rotherham have had more dangerous attacks than us. But we go into the break level which is probably about fair.

We do look like we have another gear though.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:00 - Jul 30 with 1597 viewsCatullus

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:51 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Not sure on Wood myself, seems to have lapses of concentration from what I have seen of him, early to say but as it stands a fit Cabango starts before him.

Watching it Cat, we are playing a bit of football, not enough but we have struggled with their directness and long throws.

Attacking wise there is a lot of movement but that final pass or touch has let us down a couple of times.

The way we play we can't afford anyone with poor concentration! Specially at the back.

We weren't so hot against more physical teams last season...and in seasons before that. We need some more steel but to find strong players who can play a bit, it aint easy.

We need to shoot more, don't be scared, don't keep trying to be clever or find a player in a better position; if we have the ball inside the box, facing goal, just hit it.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:06 - Jul 30 with 1533 viewsCatullus

Lati is NOT a wing back, we saw that last season. Why not play Manning? Sorinola can play either side.
Who isn't coping with Ogbene? Which of the CB's?

Liam Cullen is on the bench but no Joseph which puzzles me, Joseph looked quite physical when I've seen him, wouldn't this be a good game for him? Cullen doesn't look as good as Joseph to me, am I just very wrong?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:08 - Jul 30 with 1493 viewsonehunglow

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:06 - Jul 30 by Catullus

Lati is NOT a wing back, we saw that last season. Why not play Manning? Sorinola can play either side.
Who isn't coping with Ogbene? Which of the CB's?

Liam Cullen is on the bench but no Joseph which puzzles me, Joseph looked quite physical when I've seen him, wouldn't this be a good game for him? Cullen doesn't look as good as Joseph to me, am I just very wrong?

Cullen should not be at the club.
Joseph is clearly persona non grata.
Beats me

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:08 - Jul 30 with 1503 viewsBadlands

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:55 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

We have Wood and Darling in there for those set pieces, Rotherham player was man handling the defenders but you have to stronger there.

My concern in there at the moment is Wood, couple of times his positioning has been out and a few lapses with the ball at his feet.

The front 3 need to start clicking, few promising moves that resulted in nothing, not even a shot let alone a pass into a dangerous area.

Wood and Darling are not doing well at set piece defence. Inexperienced at this level.
Ash and Cabango didn’t outjump players but they did move them so headers were ineffective.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 16:11]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:11 - Jul 30 with 1467 viewsCatullus

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:08 - Jul 30 by Badlands

Wood and Darling are not doing well at set piece defence. Inexperienced at this level.
Ash and Cabango didn’t outjump players but they did move them so headers were ineffective.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 16:11]

Well given other posts, sub Cabango on for Wood then. Defend the high ball better and build a base from there.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:13 - Jul 30 with 1432 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I’ve always been a fan of Fulton but he seems way off the pace in this game.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:15 - Jul 30 with 1406 viewsBryanSwan

Got to get Sorinola off and Ntcham or Congreve on, we've got to go on and win this one its there for the taking.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:16 - Jul 30 with 1385 viewsKeithHaynes

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:15 - Jul 30 by BryanSwan

Got to get Sorinola off and Ntcham or Congreve on, we've got to go on and win this one its there for the taking.

Very lightweight and no pace.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:17 - Jul 30 with 1373 viewsCatullus

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:15 - Jul 30 by BryanSwan

If Sorinola goes off surely it'll be for Manning?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:17 - Jul 30 with 1361 viewsonehunglow

Think Rothergam are worthy favs to back down.This is a game to win.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:20 - Jul 30 with 1323 viewsBryanSwan

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:16 - Jul 30 by KeithHaynes

Very lightweight and no pace.

Not a lot of effort to make up for it either, a pretty poor debut.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:23 - Jul 30 with 1268 viewsmagicdaps10

Miss of the season there from Obefami.

Shocking.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:23 - Jul 30 with 1239 viewsJohnw102

Well miss of the season award sorted for the rest of the season.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:24 - Jul 30 with 1224 viewsBryanSwan

Rotherham pretty content to sit in and sling it into the box if they get a chance.
How haven't we put them to bed yet?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:24 - Jul 30 with 1221 viewsTummer_from_Texas

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:33 - Jul 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

Obafemi getting too cute when he just needs to turn and fire.

Oh, Michael.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024