Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Population Reduces 16:36 - Jun 28 with 5236 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

This is interesting, the lack of economic investment is beginning to bite?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61966084
[Post edited 28 Jun 2022 16:37]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Swansea Population Reduces on 10:11 - Jun 29 with 653 viewsonehunglow

Swansea Population Reduces on 09:50 - Jun 29 by Best_loser

Swansea is a backwater , people leave for better jobs , people coming here are mainly students and people downsizing from their expensive houses in England

Glad I didnt say that but it's no secret why London has so many Welsh.
Same applied to Liverpool and Manchester when the north Wales slate industry was dying. Its social mobility and we are a good island to live on. Wales is a very small part. If you have a good job in south Wales or have family money,it is a nice part of the world,apart from the weather. Its often those Welsh people who slag off those who get away to better their lives.

Even a cursory glance at this site sees significant contempt towards anything English so why anyone would want to move to Wales willingly beats me entirely.

I can guarantee the usual suspects will be along to rip into this post. Like Pavlov's dogs.

Finally,a generation ago,Swansea was really vibrant,a great place,which fizzed and took "immigrants" from all over the UK and Ireland ,come to that. The small minded bile we ee ,I reckon,come from small town,narrow dark valley people as Swansea people were always more broadminded .

Floreat Swanea

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea Population Reduces on 11:11 - Jun 29 with 616 viewsjack_lord

Swansea Population Reduces on 09:50 - Jun 29 by Best_loser

Swansea is a backwater , people leave for better jobs , people coming here are mainly students and people downsizing from their expensive houses in England

It is a very beautiful backwater though - the very reason people downsize from their expensive houses after they have lived in soulless areas for most of their lives ond er gwaetha pawb a phopeth.....

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea Population Reduces on 11:23 - Jun 29 with 606 viewsBest_loser

Swansea Population Reduces on 11:11 - Jun 29 by jack_lord

It is a very beautiful backwater though - the very reason people downsize from their expensive houses after they have lived in soulless areas for most of their lives ond er gwaetha pawb a phopeth.....

Yes it is
Swansea Population Reduces on 11:38 - Jun 29 with 597 viewsonehunglow

Swansea Population Reduces on 11:23 - Jun 29 by Best_loser

Yes it is

As I say,Well paid job ,house in Mumbles/Langland and life is good there.
It's easier then to say it' great and wonderful for all when it's not.

Where I live is pretty mixed but we are very near 1m + properties ,Grammar Schools,Private prep schools ,open green belt ,Livery all over the place but not far away are crapholes.ergo,no area can really make out that is is truly wonderful and the people are all triffic.

Our population has remained pretty static although many with money have moved from the south east whereas others have gone south .

Swansea Population Reduces on 11:42 - Jun 29 with 594 viewslifelong

Swansea Population Reduces on 10:11 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

Glad I didnt say that but it's no secret why London has so many Welsh.
Same applied to Liverpool and Manchester when the north Wales slate industry was dying. Its social mobility and we are a good island to live on. Wales is a very small part. If you have a good job in south Wales or have family money,it is a nice part of the world,apart from the weather. Its often those Welsh people who slag off those who get away to better their lives.

Even a cursory glance at this site sees significant contempt towards anything English so why anyone would want to move to Wales willingly beats me entirely.

I can guarantee the usual suspects will be along to rip into this post. Like Pavlov's dogs.

Finally,a generation ago,Swansea was really vibrant,a great place,which fizzed and took "immigrants" from all over the UK and Ireland ,come to that. The small minded bile we ee ,I reckon,come from small town,narrow dark valley people as Swansea people were always more broadminded .

Floreat Swanea

I suppose when you are booted out of a place you will have utter contempt for it.
Swansea Population Reduces on 12:55 - Jun 29 with 578 viewsonehunglow

See.
Like Pavlov dogs

All countries are lines drawn on a map due to politicians and fought over for time immortal.

A country love is not greater than that say of family .

Swansea Population Reduces on 13:15 - Jun 29 with 557 viewsjack_lord

It is a beautiful place.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea Population Reduces on 13:28 - Jun 29 with 550 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Swansea Population Reduces on 22:27 - Jun 28 by Lohengrin

I was thinking more about easing the pressures on social housing by deporting those who aren’t Welsh-speakers. Starting with Leanne Wood…😊

Who the bloody hell would be willing to take her?
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Population Reduces on 13:40 - Jun 29 with 548 viewsonehunglow

Swansea Population Reduces on 13:28 - Jun 29 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Who the bloody hell would be willing to take her?

She 's a lovely girl.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024