Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overreaction? 15:48 - Feb 7 with 4803 viewsLittleEnglandJack

In the last 6 games (since we have restarted after our break) we have won 2, lost 2, drawn 2. Over that period we are 13th in the form table. Let's look at who we've played:

Away v Huddersfield (D). They were in good form then, good form since. 6th in the form table, currently 5th in the division.
Home v Preston (W). Unbeaten since we beat them- won 2, drawn 2. 9th in the form table, 11th in the league.
Away v QPR (D). In fantastic form. We are the only team they have failed to beat in their last 6. 1st in form table, 4th in the league.
Away v Hull (L). Had just come off the back of beating Blackburn and Bmouth (2 of top 4). New manager bounce, too. 11th in Form table, 19th in the league (3 points behind us).
Home v Luton (L). Only lost 1 of last 6. 5th in the form table, 9th in the league.
Home v Blackburn (W). Same record in last 6 as us. 14th in the form table, 2nd in the league.

Despite all the whinging and relegation talk, we've objectively done ok results wise since we restarted if you actually consider who we've played. It's been far from perfect but a bit of perspective needed for some?
Overreaction? on 21:44 - Feb 8 with 1011 viewsWhiterockin

Overreaction? on 21:40 - Feb 8 by onehunglow

Not saying we are but until it’s mathematically certain…

Looking at us ,really we are dogsbreath

Get real mate we are 16th 15 points above the drop.
Overreaction? on 21:48 - Feb 8 with 984 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 21:44 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

Get real mate we are 16th 15 points above the drop.

Reality is somewhat removed from that which we are seeing.
We have to consider next season and if we can trust Martin.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Overreaction? on 21:53 - Feb 8 with 975 viewsAndyCole

With all due respect LEJ, car crash of a thread.

The only 'overreaction' is starting a thread about 'overreaction' when in fact all most rational folk do is constructively critique. Not 'overreact', in the slightest.

You really shoulda been here last two years - that was proper, vile 'overreaction' to us winning, with Effective and Efficient winning football.

Let's hope nobody 'overreacts' tonight to this calamitous, most embarrassing displays of the crapest football for some time.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Overreaction? on 21:53 - Feb 8 with 976 viewsWhiterockin

Overreaction? on 21:48 - Feb 8 by onehunglow

Reality is somewhat removed from that which we are seeing.
We have to consider next season and if we can trust Martin.

100% correct. But I think the club have invested so much in his ethos he will be here at the start of next season. How long for who knows.
Overreaction? on 22:03 - Feb 8 with 950 viewsmagicdaps10

Overreaction? on 21:53 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

100% correct. But I think the club have invested so much in his ethos he will be here at the start of next season. How long for who knows.

Of course he will be.

If this was happening September/October then you couldn't argue.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Overreaction? (n/t) on 22:04 - Feb 8 with 946 viewsguthrieintherain

Overreaction? on 22:03 - Feb 8 by magicdaps10

Of course he will be.

What tonight showed is how threadbare our squad is.

But why play Downes at CB with Bird on the bench.
We missed Naughton and Manning massively.

Why is the Shrewsbury lad not even on the bench is he injured.
Why play with a midfield of Grimes Fulton and Smith zero creativity.
Why persist with the short passes from the keeper all night don't think it created anything and never looked like it would.
120 odd corners and never looked like scoring once.

Russ needs some help but his ego won't allow that to happen.

He will see this season out but not so sure on next that was the worse performance of the season for me shocking against a bang average Stoke side.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 22:19]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Overreaction? on 22:06 - Feb 8 with 935 viewsAndyCole

Overreaction? on 21:53 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

Disagree, massively.

There was proper talk in the corridors of him not lasting to xmas. The coaching team were crapping themselves. Then got lucky.

They will be proper crapping themselves if we get spanked by Brizzle. Mark my words.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Overreaction? on 22:08 - Feb 8 with 929 viewsWhiterockin

Overreaction? on 22:06 - Feb 8 by AndyCole

Disagree, massively.

There was proper talk in the corridors of him not lasting to xmas. The coaching team were crapping themselves. Then got lucky.

They will be proper crapping themselves if we get spanked by Brizzle. Mark my words.

In life you don't always get what you wish for. We will just have to wait and see. Personally I can't see it this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Overreaction? on 00:52 - Feb 9 with 852 viewsDr_Parnassus

Overreaction? on 22:06 - Feb 8 by AndyCole

Disagree, massively.

I will not buy that anyone is happy at the club with how things are, except for Martin of course who seems oblivious to it all as long as we lead the league in passes and possession.

Players will be drained of confidence
Players will be angry that they aren’t getting their win bonuses
Owners will be angry the club are so low in the league and playing the way we are

Players will be talking, make no mistake. That is how managers lose the dressing room, through constant errors and senseless team selections and then players talking amongst themselves about it.

There will be no “but the players have bought in to what he’s doing”. They won’t have, absolutely no chance.

Piroe is not going to be happy sat on the bench watching us get smashed with no goal threat, others aren’t going to be happy out of position having to bear the brunt of any errors they make as a result.

This is reality, not overreaction.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Overreaction? on 01:13 - Feb 9 with 839 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Overreaction? on 00:52 - Feb 9 by Dr_Parnassus

I will not buy that anyone is happy at the club with how things are, except for Martin of course who seems oblivious to it all as long as we lead the league in passes and possession.

Owners will be angry the club are so low in the league and playing the way we are

Players will be talking, make no mistake. That is how managers lose the dressing room, through constant errors and senseless team selections and then players talking amongst themselves about it.

There will be no “but the players have bought in to what he’s doing”. They won’t have, absolutely no chance.

Piroe is not going to be happy sat on the bench watching us get smashed with no goal threat, others aren’t going to be happy out of position having to bear the brunt of any errors they make as a result.

I know you appreciate statistics.

We have attempted just 30 dangerous attacks in the last two matches.

30 dangerous attacks in ~190 minutes of football.

It's indefensible.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Overreaction? on 01:29 - Feb 9 with 833 viewsAndyCole

Overreaction? on 00:52 - Feb 9 by Dr_Parnassus

>>Piroe is not going to be happy sat on the bench watching us get smashed...<<

I know for a fact that Piroe hasn't been happy for quite some time.

His body language speaks volumes, for the discerning fan.

No wonder, since Martin unceremoniously stripped him of the coveted #9 role and jersey.

What goes around, comes around. Martin has a proper job to sort out his own shambles and mess.

No 'overreaction' here.

Proaction is what's now required by our Owners. Decisive proactivity is what we need to see, right now.

Overreaction? on 06:45 - Feb 9 with 804 viewsvetchonian

Overreaction? on 22:03 - Feb 8 by magicdaps10

Of course he will be.

But it was.. or dont you remember...what was the result v Stoke at home....
Then there were the no preseason and early days excuses then we beat Cardiff which always gives a boost we had a little purple patch and then all over the shop again.....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Overreaction? on 07:49 - Feb 9 with 784 viewsshingle

I have come to the conclusion that Joseph Goebells would have loved Magicdaps.
Overreaction? on 07:59 - Feb 9 with 775 viewsmagicdaps10

Overreaction? on 07:49 - Feb 9 by shingle

I have come to the conclusion that Joseph Goebells would have loved Magicdaps.

I like it Shingle 🤣

There is plenty on here challenging for King of propoganda...... The trouble is they convince themselves 100% before anyone else.

I think I am just a bit naive that I am willing to give Martin a chance, probably willing to give him a longer chance due to all the issues that I have banged on about he has faced since coming here.

I said after the Brentford play off loss that this season we would struggle and that was even before I knew who the manager was and its proven to be the case. I think I along with a few others could see the problems that lay ahead.
It is what it is, we need to choose to be reactive or proactive but we need to do it correctly and wisely.

Overreaction? on 08:02 - Feb 9 with 770 viewsmagicdaps10

Also Shingle, Martin does need to put his hand up and admit he is wrong now and again.... Its a bad habit to get into.

First step on being truthful is being truthful to yourself, his presser last night didn't help him and I think going on that last night a nickname if Shaggy might be forthcoming.

Overreaction? (n/t) on 12:04 - Feb 9 with 711 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Overreaction? (n/t) on 22:04 - Feb 8 by guthrieintherain

What tonight showed is how threadbare our squad is.

But why play Downes at CB with Bird on the bench.
We missed Naughton and Manning massively.

Why is the Shrewsbury lad not even on the bench is he injured.
Why play with a midfield of Grimes Fulton and Smith zero creativity.
Why persist with the short passes from the keeper all night don't think it created anything and never looked like it would.
120 odd corners and never looked like scoring once.

Russ needs some help but his ego won't allow that to happen.

He will see this season out but not so sure on next that was the worse performance of the season for me shocking against a bang average Stoke side.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 22:19]

"Why persist with the short passes from the keeper all night don't think it created anything and never looked like it would. "
Maybe because when the keeper tried an upfield kick it went straight out for a throw.
Overreaction? on 16:17 - Feb 9 with 676 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Overreaction? on 21:53 - Feb 8 by AndyCole

With all due respect LEJ, car crash of a thread.

The only 'overreaction' is starting a thread about 'overreaction' when in fact all most rational folk do is constructively critique. Not 'overreact', in the slightest.

You really shoulda been here last two years - that was proper, vile 'overreaction' to us winning, with Effective and Efficient winning football.

Let's hope nobody 'overreacts' tonight to this calamitous, most embarrassing displays of the crapest football for some time.

I've been posting on here for over year and been reading for many more. As you should recall at that time I gave Cooper credit where credit was due (in spite of the increasingly turgid football).

It was only after the wheels started to come off end of Feb/March time that I and many others began to change tack on Cooper. Derby, Huddersfield, Birmingham were all pretty embarrassing performances in that period.

I am not wedded to any particular viewpoint and tend to readjust my position as the facts on the ground change, and that will be the case for Martin too. Far better managers than Martin have taken us to Stoke and got tonked. BR, Laudrup, and even your beloved Cooper- I was there in Jan 2020 when Guehi had a stinker on debut and Clucas as per usual scored and goaded the away end. We got extremely lucky with a dodgy pen there last year, which is the only time I can ever recall us winning there in the last 15 ish years.

Anyway, frustrating as it is I will be reserving judgement for the time being. We are as I said in the OP far from perfect, but I hope (and expect) to see a reaction on Sunday. If we can't beat a struggling Brizzle side and continue to struggle after that, I'll start to question Martin's position. But not yet.
Overreaction? on 18:38 - Feb 9 with 652 viewsonehunglow

Internet posters whether they live in Queensferry or Queensland do not affect our club.

Martin does

He is killing the team stone dead.Destroying good young players either by not picking them like Whittaker or simply playing them out of position like Cabango.

I thought our fans were more passionate but the passion is more to insult other fans instead of this appalling coach -for want of a better word.

I predict after he is sacked by us at the end of the season,Martin will virtually disapppear or end up managing the likes of Dover Ath -his level.

Overreaction? on 18:49 - Feb 9 with 638 viewsKeithHaynes

Overreaction? on 18:38 - Feb 9 by onehunglow

Internet posters whether they live in Queensferry or Queensland do not affect our club.

Martin does

He is killing the team stone dead.Destroying good young players either by not picking them like Whittaker or simply playing them out of position like Cabango.

I thought our fans were more passionate but the passion is more to insult other fans instead of this appalling coach -for want of a better word.

I predict after he is sacked by us at the end of the season,Martin will virtually disapppear or end up managing the likes of Dover Ath -his level.

Dover Athletic are not available for comment.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Overreaction? on 19:44 - Feb 9 with 599 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 18:49 - Feb 9 by KeithHaynes

Dover Athletic are not available for comment.

Just pray Keith,just pray.Kent is very nice and not too far from Russy land in Brighton.

Overreaction? on 00:01 - Feb 10 with 560 viewsSTID2017

Overreaction? on 19:44 - Feb 9 by onehunglow

Just pray Keith,just pray.Kent is very nice and not too far from Russy land in Brighton.

Don't get Keith's humour do you ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024