Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what's the score 18:38 - Dec 15 with 6220 viewsGoldenBear

How can we be in a position that we now have the highest number of infections since last January, given the so called success of vaccine rollout and the fact that over 24 million have received their third jab. I believe we are now in a viscous circle.
So what's the score on 13:24 - Dec 16 with 1303 viewsGoldenBear

So what's the score on 13:10 - Dec 16 by Scotia

The vaccine is a year old.

3 doses gives over 70% protection against getting symptoms, probably considerably more against severe illness.

Don't listen to AFD. Please.

We were always going to be in a vaccine circle and will be for a few years yet.

It's not disingenuous to blame unvaccinated people for ending up in hospital, restrictions are to protect the NHS and millions of people haven't done their bit. This situation is largely their fault.

So what protection does this vaccine give against the new variant. Do you know for certain, does anyone know.
I quote who i like to make a point, if that's okay with you. I'm asking a valid question.
This situation is largely their fault, you say. that's your opinion, i happen to disagree.
Boris said the other day he was opening up the 11 air routes which were on the red list, because it made little difference as OMICRON was here already. Seriously.
So what's the score on 13:28 - Dec 16 with 1303 viewsGoldenBear

So what's the score on 13:21 - Dec 16 by Professor

Since SARS CoV2 and Covid were both first described a little under two years ago it's not the case. First vaccinations were a year ago..

If you are listening to AFD then the path you follow is pretty daft.He is a prize idiot follower of conspiracy. The immunity wanes, but not to nothing-there is pretty long lasting T cell immunity which is largely stopping severe disease. The need for boosters is as much to reduce infection and transmission as individual protection.

Listen up my friend, I'am neither daft nor a conspiracy theorist.
I thank you for your reply
I make up my own mind. Take it easy
So what's the score on 14:11 - Dec 16 with 1257 viewsonehunglow

So what's the score on 13:28 - Dec 16 by GoldenBear

Listen up my friend, I'am neither daft nor a conspiracy theorist.
I thank you for your reply
I make up my own mind. Take it easy

How can you make up your mind.
You are being told by experts in their field it is essential to protect as best we can.
Sometime,we have to admit we dont know it all.And you don't.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

So what's the score on 14:22 - Dec 16 with 1249 viewsGoldenBear

So what's the score on 14:11 - Dec 16 by onehunglow

How can you make up your mind.
You are being told by experts in their field it is essential to protect as best we can.
Sometime,we have to admit we dont know it all.And you don't.

I'am asking questions. that is all.
Did i say i knew it all. Read it back and see what i have written.
BTW. I'm fairly sure that the Prof will answer me in his own good time, don't think
he needs his minder to step in.
Take it easy Fella.
So what's the score on 15:19 - Dec 16 with 1210 viewsonehunglow

Good.
You too.
I have enough adverseries tp keep me on my toes.

We really have no alternative,proven when stimp,afd refue to answer my quetion ,which is;if we dont vaccinate then what.

Hospitals will burst.

You cannot simply not admit covid patients if they are struggling with breathing.

Kevin De Bruyne still saying he feels the effect of covid.A very fit ,strong man.

So what's the score on 16:42 - Dec 16 with 1178 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So what's the score on 14:22 - Dec 16 by GoldenBear

BTW. I'm fairly sure that the Prof will answer me in his own good time, don't think
Take it easy Fella.

You may have noticed that OHL has no Memory of what answers people give him.
He just repeats the same drivel day after day.
So you have to cut him a lot of slack.
So what's the score on 16:44 - Dec 16 with 1175 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So what's the score on 12:59 - Dec 16 by Scotia

You didn't say asymptomatic people. You said people have to rely on testing to know they've got covid.

They don't, the feeling of impending death will give it away in many cases.

" You said people have to rely on testing to know they've got covid. "
Because the vast majority are asymptomatic.
Doh.
So what's the score on 17:47 - Dec 16 with 1145 viewsScotia

So what's the score on 16:44 - Dec 16 by A_Fans_Dad

" You said people have to rely on testing to know they've got covid. "
Because the vast majority are asymptomatic.
Doh.

No they're not. Any proof?
Login to get fewer ads

So what's the score on 17:55 - Dec 16 with 1139 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So what's the score on 13:21 - Dec 16 by Professor

Since SARS CoV2 and Covid were both first described a little under two years ago it's not the case. First vaccinations were a year ago..

If you are listening to AFD then the path you follow is pretty daft.He is a prize idiot follower of conspiracy. The immunity wanes, but not to nothing-there is pretty long lasting T cell immunity which is largely stopping severe disease. The need for boosters is as much to reduce infection and transmission as individual protection.

"The need for boosters is as much to reduce infection and transmission as individual protection. "

No the need for boosters is nearly all to do with reducing the infection rate because of that completely useless vaccine immunity after 6 months that you do not acknowledge, but the Gov.uk figures prove without a shadow of doubt.
You seem to have conveniently forgotten them, so I will remind you., these are the case rates per 100,000 by age group.
weeks 38-41
Age Double Vaxxed Unvaxxed
Under 18 314.1 3,013.60
18-29 462.1 615.4
30-39 956.7 751.1
40-49 1,731.30 772.9
50-59 1,075.30 528.6
60-69 704.1 347.1
70-79 537.9 267.6
≥80 406.8 304.1

weeks 45-48
under 18 549.7 2,795.70
18-29 906.3 952.6
30-39 1,629.70 1,092.80
40-49 2,273.60 1,034.00
50-59 1,482.40 780.9
60-69 870.9 554.1
70-79 324.1 441.3
≥80 245.4 461

weeks 46-49
under 18 503.9 2,960.40
18-29 1,240.20 1,126.00
30-39 1,925.70 1,227.00
40-49 2,491.00 1,136.60
50-59 1,514.00 844.9
60-69 793 596.4
70-79 280.1 463.1
≥80 235.9 505

You can clearly see the Higher infection rates of the Vaxxed over 40s at weeks 30-41 and also see the effect of the Booster vaxxes on the over 60s in the later weeks, but at the same time the younger age group vaxxed are getting worse.
So what's the score on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 1138 viewsScotia

So what's the score on 13:24 - Dec 16 by GoldenBear

So what protection does this vaccine give against the new variant. Do you know for certain, does anyone know.
I quote who i like to make a point, if that's okay with you. I'm asking a valid question.
This situation is largely their fault, you say. that's your opinion, i happen to disagree.
Boris said the other day he was opening up the 11 air routes which were on the red list, because it made little difference as OMICRON was here already. Seriously.

That is the protection against the new variant. We don't know with complete certainty, that may take a little while. By then any decision on having it or not is too late.

Regarding AFD very little he says isn't discredited in the next post, read and quote but please don't use his posts to make any decisions about you or your families health.
So what's the score on 18:22 - Dec 16 with 1114 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So what's the score on 17:47 - Dec 16 by Scotia

No they're not. Any proof?

The proof is that the hospitalised rates are on average 7.4% of case rates.
So from 7.4% who spent 1 or more nights in hospital and 92.6% who didn't.
Of those 92.6% they will go from no symptoms, through mild (cold symptoms) to bad symptoms (Flu symptoms) that stil did not require any treatment.
This study suggests 35% were Asymptomatic
https://www.sciencealert.com/over-a-third-of-covid-infections-are-truly-asymptom

So 35% of 11 million cases is about 3.85Million.

Then there are also all the others who had no more than the common cold symptoms who needed a test to tell them it wasn't.
So what's the score on 18:26 - Dec 16 with 1115 viewsScotia

So what's the score on 18:22 - Dec 16 by A_Fans_Dad

The proof is that the hospitalised rates are on average 7.4% of case rates.
So from 7.4% who spent 1 or more nights in hospital and 92.6% who didn't.
Of those 92.6% they will go from no symptoms, through mild (cold symptoms) to bad symptoms (Flu symptoms) that stil did not require any treatment.
This study suggests 35% were Asymptomatic
https://www.sciencealert.com/over-a-third-of-covid-infections-are-truly-asymptom

So 35% of 11 million cases is about 3.85Million.

Then there are also all the others who had no more than the common cold symptoms who needed a test to tell them it wasn't.

So no proof whatsoever that the vast majority have no symptoms, but one study that shows 65% of people have symptoms.

Cheers.
So what's the score on 18:39 - Dec 16 with 1105 viewsonehunglow

So what's the score on 17:57 - Dec 16 by Scotia

That is the protection against the new variant. We don't know with complete certainty, that may take a little while. By then any decision on having it or not is too late.

Regarding AFD very little he says isn't discredited in the next post, read and quote but please don't use his posts to make any decisions about you or your families health.

Very good point

Any sign of the anti vaxer alternative, Scot.

Plenty spouting objections but no solution

So what's the score on 18:59 - Dec 16 with 1099 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So what's the score on 18:26 - Dec 16 by Scotia

So no proof whatsoever that the vast majority have no symptoms, but one study that shows 65% of people have symptoms.

Cheers.

I first said quote
"What you haven't heard about all the millions who are Asymptomatic?"

So I was right over 3 million in fact.
So what's the score on 19:10 - Dec 16 with 1095 viewsScotia

So what's the score on 18:59 - Dec 16 by A_Fans_Dad

I first said quote
"What you haven't heard about all the millions who are Asymptomatic?"

So I was right over 3 million in fact.

You said.

"Because the vast majority are asymptomatic"

You posted a link that said 35% may
be. Is that a vast majority? I think its 16% from being a majority.

Stop posting this BS. Stuff is getting very real now, those who aren't vaccinated are about to find out. I'd strongly suggest that as an older, unvaccinated man you get to your nearest vaccination centre tomorrow.

Let's end this.
So what's the score on 19:35 - Dec 16 with 1079 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So what's the score on 19:10 - Dec 16 by Scotia

You said.

Stop posting this BS. Stuff is getting very real now, those who aren't vaccinated are about to find out. I'd strongly suggest that as an older, unvaccinated man you get to your nearest vaccination centre tomorrow.

Let's end this.

No let's not end this, because you started the conversation with Quote.
"Do you really think that people don't know they have covid? "

And I proved you wrong because over 3 million didn't know that they had COVID. In fact way over 35% didn't know they had COVID because their symptoms were so mild, they had to be told it was COVID after a test.
So what's the score on 20:04 - Dec 16 with 1066 viewsScotia

So what's the score on 19:35 - Dec 16 by A_Fans_Dad

No let's not end this, because you started the conversation with Quote.
"Do you really think that people don't know they have covid? "

And I proved you wrong because over 3 million didn't know that they had COVID. In fact way over 35% didn't know they had COVID because their symptoms were so mild, they had to be told it was COVID after a test.

So is 35% a vast majority?

Nobody knows they have covid until they've been tested? They were ill so they got tested.

This nobody knows they've got covid until they've been tested is 101 in covid conspiracy BS.

I'm further thinking on this. Does someone with a lump know they've got cancer? Someone who's forgetful know they've got dementia?

No they don't. They get a test.

Get a vaccine because you're about to catch covid if you're part of civilisation.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 10:30]
So what's the score on 22:17 - Dec 16 with 1020 viewsGoldenBear

So what's the score on 17:57 - Dec 16 by Scotia

Dont you worry about me or my family,we are all fine, 20 odd months into this s*** storm. Any decisions we've made, have been made many,many months ago. Thanks for your concern though. Take it easy.
So what's the score on 22:28 - Dec 16 with 1010 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So what's the score on 22:17 - Dec 16 by GoldenBear

Dont you worry about me or my family,we are all fine, 20 odd months into this s*** storm. Any decisions we've made, have been made many,many months ago. Thanks for your concern though. Take it easy.

You’re all in hibernation ain’t ya ? 😁

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

So what's the score on 23:04 - Dec 16 with 985 viewshowenjack

So what's the score on 20:04 - Dec 16 by Scotia

So is 35% a vast majority?

Nobody knows they have covid until they've been tested? They were ill so they got tested.

This nobody knows they've got covid until they've been tested is 101 in covid conspiracy BS.

I'm further thinking on this. Does someone with a lump know they've got cancer? Someone who's forgetful know they've got dementia?

No they don't. They get a test.

Get a vaccine because you're about to catch covid if you're part of civilisation.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 10:30]

"Nobody knows they have covid until they've been tested, they were ill so they got tested."

"This nobody knows they've got covid until they've been tested is 101 in covid conspiracy BS."

What you have written there does not make sense , a complete contradiction. I think you need to rewrite what you are trying to explain.
So what's the score on 06:45 - Dec 17 with 924 viewsRonaldStump

So what's the score on 14:22 - Dec 16 by GoldenBear

Take it easy Fella.

He's senile the ol bugger. He's been answered many times but continues to roll out the same rhetoric day after day like he has some sort of point.

Just nod and smile is your best bet

(He She Him)

So what's the score on 10:03 - Dec 17 with 885 viewsCatullus

So what's the score on 23:04 - Dec 16 by howenjack

"Nobody knows they have covid until they've been tested, they were ill so they got tested."

"This nobody knows they've got covid until they've been tested is 101 in covid conspiracy BS."

What you have written there does not make sense , a complete contradiction. I think you need to rewrite what you are trying to explain.

People get ill, they think they have covid but they can't be certain. They get a test which comes back negative or positive. If it's positive then they know for certain they have covid.

Unless the test was faulty or the lab tech screwed up somehow and sent you a false result. It happens.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

So what's the score on 10:08 - Dec 18 with 799 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So what's the score on 19:10 - Dec 16 by Scotia

You said.

Let's end this.

To paraphrase Gabriel Byrne in the usual suspects - “it’s never going to end -period.”

There are another 19 letters in the Greek alphabet to go through and when we run out of those I’m sure the Cyrillic or eventually (probably) the Chinese alphabet will be adopted. Fittingly.

Pandora’s box was opened - it will never be closed.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

So what's the score on 10:12 - Dec 18 with 796 viewsonehunglow

So what's the score on 06:45 - Dec 17 by RonaldStump

He's senile the ol bugger. He's been answered many times but continues to roll out the same rhetoric day after day like he has some sort of point.

Just nod and smile is your best bet

Dont kid yourself Stump.
He would crush you in every way

You have no idea of the man

So what's the score on 16:40 - Dec 18 with 769 viewsRonaldStump

So what's the score on 10:12 - Dec 18 by onehunglow

Dont kid yourself Stump.
He would crush you in every way

You have no idea of the man

So he's not just senile then he's also living in cloud cuckoo land

jesus wept