Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
away fans good and bad. 13:18 - Jun 6 with 2974 viewsqpr_1968

what teams fans do you hate(strong word).
and who's fans don't you mind, friendliest.

for the obvious Chelsea. but two others luton, despicable bunch, and recent times, sheff wed, they seem to have the problem with us.

friendliest i'd say personal, sunderland.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

away fans good and bad. on 13:23 - Jun 6 with 2475 viewsloftboy

Luton, Leeds, Liverpool, Coventry, Millwall

Like, Sunderland , Sheffield Wednesday

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

away fans good and bad. on 13:29 - Jun 6 with 2459 viewsMickS_

Massive Leeds.

I liked Plymouth - travelled in numbers, made a noise and seemed a genial bunch.
away fans good and bad. on 13:31 - Jun 6 with 2448 viewscolinallcars

I think most folk on here will give similar answers. However to go against the grain I've found the East Anglian fans - Ipswich and Norwich pretty much OK, as well as the West Country ones. And going back many years, Coventry. I don't think I hate many, more a strong dislike. All the obvious ones plus Brum I guess.
away fans good and bad. on 14:02 - Jun 6 with 2398 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dislike

Chelsea - racists, violent
Luton - violent
Millwall - racists, violent
MK - franchise clubkillers

Man City used to be a great away day.

I'm ok with the vast majority of opp fans.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

away fans good and bad. on 15:10 - Jun 6 with 2301 viewsBoston

There’s good and bad in all of ‘em.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

away fans good and bad. on 16:35 - Jun 6 with 2223 viewsHayesender

Surprised no one has mentioned Birmingham yet. Their fans are fcking arseholes

Poll: Shamima Beghum

away fans good and bad. on 16:40 - Jun 6 with 2208 viewsqpr_1968

away fans good and bad. on 16:35 - Jun 6 by Hayesender

Surprised no one has mentioned Birmingham yet. Their fans are fcking arseholes

don't take prisoners that lot.

only a few of us went up there in '75, they never left us alone all game.
as you say nasty bits of work.

away fans good and bad. on 16:54 - Jun 6 with 2175 viewsstowmarketrange

away fans good and bad. on 16:40 - Jun 6 by qpr_1968

The same in late 77.Me and my mate got picked on coming out of New St station.They possibly thought that they’d get us later so we got away and walked up to the ground.They were on that great big terrace behind the goal with us and we spent most of the game trying to move around to avoid them.We left the game a few minutes and ran back to New St.Another close shave in Birmingham to go with the one we had 3 months earlier at Villa.
They do seem to have mellowed though,unless they’re just getting used to us winning at St Andrews and can’t be bothered any more?
Login to get fewer ads

away fans good and bad. on 16:57 - Jun 6 with 2172 viewsHayesender

TBF, I'd probably be an angry arsehole if I came from that hole

away fans good and bad. on 17:04 - Jun 6 with 2150 viewsqpr_1968

away fans good and bad. on 16:57 - Jun 6 by Hayesender

TBF, I'd probably be an angry arsehole if I came from that hole

winson green for one reason or other is the biggest hole in England I've visited, let alone in Birmingham.

away fans good and bad. on 17:10 - Jun 6 with 2130 viewsqpr_1968

away fans good and bad. on 16:54 - Jun 6 by stowmarketrange

The same in late 77.Me and my mate got picked on coming out of New St station.They possibly thought that they’d get us later so we got away and walked up to the ground.They were on that great big terrace behind the goal with us and we spent most of the game trying to move around to avoid them.We left the game a few minutes and ran back to New St.Another close shave in Birmingham to go with the one we had 3 months earlier at Villa.
They do seem to have mellowed though,unless they’re just getting used to us winning at St Andrews and can’t be bothered any more?

villa away new years day 1977 or '78, I think or there abouts. proper naughty for the few of us that went up in a transit, league game...only about 25 qpr on the away terrace.
still didn't stop 100's of them having a pop at us after the game.

away fans good and bad. on 17:27 - Jun 6 with 2095 viewsstowmarketrange

away fans good and bad. on 17:10 - Jun 6 by qpr_1968

villa away new years day 1977 or '78, I think or there abouts. proper naughty for the few of us that went up in a transit, league game...only about 25 qpr on the away terrace.
still didn't stop 100's of them having a pop at us after the game.

The game I went to was the night before the cup final between Liverpool and Man Utd in May 77.My first away game outside London and we got the special train up there.We bought seat tickets from daphne on the train beforehand.Most of our fans were stood behind the goal and we appeared to be the only 2 rangers fans in the seats.
There were loads of empty seats around us all game until I went for a Jimmy just before the end.I got back to the seat to see my mate surrounded by villa fans so I squeezed past them to get back to my seat.As I sat down one of them said to me “you’d better get out mate or we’re going to do you.”
I didn’t need a second warning and decided to walk out and back to whitton station.
As we got outside another villa fan said “give us your scarf or we’ll knife ya.”Never has a scarf come off quicker,and they had my programme too.
We walked up the platform at the station and realised we’d walked up the wrong side of the tracks and were surrounded by villa fans.
We thought we were lucky to get away with it but when we got back to Euston there were rival Mancs and Scouser’s fighting each other there too.
All that for a 1-1 draw.
away fans good and bad. on 17:39 - Jun 6 with 2071 viewsqpr_1968

away fans good and bad. on 17:27 - Jun 6 by stowmarketrange

The game I went to was the night before the cup final between Liverpool and Man Utd in May 77.My first away game outside London and we got the special train up there.We bought seat tickets from daphne on the train beforehand.Most of our fans were stood behind the goal and we appeared to be the only 2 rangers fans in the seats.
There were loads of empty seats around us all game until I went for a Jimmy just before the end.I got back to the seat to see my mate surrounded by villa fans so I squeezed past them to get back to my seat.As I sat down one of them said to me “you’d better get out mate or we’re going to do you.”
I didn’t need a second warning and decided to walk out and back to whitton station.
As we got outside another villa fan said “give us your scarf or we’ll knife ya.”Never has a scarf come off quicker,and they had my programme too.
We walked up the platform at the station and realised we’d walked up the wrong side of the tracks and were surrounded by villa fans.
We thought we were lucky to get away with it but when we got back to Euston there were rival Mancs and Scouser’s fighting each other there too.
All that for a 1-1 draw.

good old 70's a stow.

away fans good and bad. on 18:10 - Jun 6 with 2040 viewsBoston

Cricket, you weren’t standing with me again we’re ya? Fcking dreadful that game, never let us alone from the bus at New St to we got on the bloody train at New St.

away fans good and bad. on 18:14 - Jun 6 with 2035 viewsqpr_1968

away fans good and bad. on 18:10 - Jun 6 by Boston

Cricket, you weren’t standing with me again we’re ya? Fcking dreadful that game, never let us alone from the bus at New St to we got on the bloody train at New St.

sounds about right, but my names not cricket, and your only 41.

away fans good and bad. on 22:53 - Jun 6 with 1863 viewsBoston

away fans good and bad. on 18:14 - Jun 6 by qpr_1968

sounds about right, but my names not cricket, and your only 41.

Haha. Hit and run corrective posts! And, if you're a female of a certain disposition, yes dahling, 41 and looking rather good if I must say.

away fans good and bad. on 22:57 - Jun 6 with 1858 viewsqpr_1968

away fans good and bad. on 22:53 - Jun 6 by Boston

Haha. Hit and run corrective posts! And, if you're a female of a certain disposition, yes dahling, 41 and looking rather good if I must say.

more like 61.and yes we've probably crossed paths......dahling.

away fans good and bad. on 01:08 - Jun 7 with 1771 viewsLythamR

Cardiff

Grimsby Obvs

Stoke has always been a bit lary particularly since moving to Britannia

Chesterfield turned out to be surprisingly unwelcoming! still remember walking out of the Barley Mow with police trying to hold back the locals swinging giant spanners and assorted coshes after it kicked of there

Man City always willing to share a post match brick with you on the way out of maine road through the back streets

Good, Have generally had decent times with West Brom, Newcastle
away fans good and bad. on 09:48 - Jun 7 with 1606 viewsEsox_Lucius

Luton, Leicester back in the day and Port Vale.

The grass is always greener.

away fans good and bad. on 11:58 - Jun 7 with 1539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aw, how could I forget cuddly Leeds?

That 2-1 defeat in the cup in '87! One of those away days when having an Irish accent was an advantage.

away fans good and bad. on 12:04 - Jun 7 with 1524 viewsHayesender

away fans good and bad. on 11:58 - Jun 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Aw, how could I forget cuddly Leeds?

That 2-1 defeat in the cup in '87! One of those away days when having an Irish accent was an advantage.

That was a strange day indeed. The only time I've been genuinely scared in or outside a ground.

The Leeds fans were on one that day. Thank fck we lost

away fans good and bad. on 12:08 - Jun 7 with 1514 viewsBrianMcCarthy

away fans good and bad. on 12:04 - Jun 7 by Hayesender

That was a strange day indeed. The only time I've been genuinely scared in or outside a ground.

The Leeds fans were on one that day. Thank fck we lost

They had a huge fight with the police as well, didn't they?

I had a look on my face like Bullard watching Duncan Ferguson.

away fans good and bad. on 12:14 - Jun 7 with 1497 viewsHayesender

away fans good and bad. on 12:08 - Jun 7 by BrianMcCarthy

They had a huge fight with the police as well, didn't they?

I had a look on my face like Bullard watching Duncan Ferguson.

I vaguely remember the last couple of minutes of the game were played out near the tunnel, so the players could get off the pitch sharpish

away fans good and bad. on 12:23 - Jun 7 with 1485 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought they'd kill us after the 3-2 Wegerle win. Strangely, though, when we came out they had lined up either side of the gate forming a channel for us to walk through, and when we all thought they'd attack a lot of them started applauding. It was mental.

away fans good and bad. on 13:09 - Jun 7 with 1435 viewscharmr

On the way home from Leeds on the LSA coach I’ve never seen so many people,just relieved to be out of there, and so ok we lost.

I was in the seats where you could see thousands outside not even at the game. Never forget a policeman saying to me that he couldn’t guarantee our safety.

Anyone want to guess what would have happened had we won Ground closure for sure.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 13:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024