Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What an absolute pile of 16:57 - Nov 23 with 5773 viewsNotLoyal

Negative, boring, mundane, unprofessional, tiresome, repetitive, uninspiring SHIT.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What an absolute pile of on 19:07 - Nov 23 with 1487 viewsJinxy

What an absolute pile of on 17:02 - Nov 23 by Headmaster

Grimes said in an interview that Cooper prefers off-the-ball training in comparison to Potter's passing drills. Unfortunately, it shows on the pitch.

If that's the case, it explains a lot. At home, we consistently look like it's the first time our players have played together. Also, confidence seems low, there's no bravery to try something different, almost like they are too afraid to fail. All those things are at the manager's door really. Regarding midfield, I know it's out there but I would try Naughton as a CDM, play Roberts, and drop either Byers or Grimes for a while (but either one of those or Carroll as CAM). Sometimes you just have to mix it up a little. I'm sure we'll be fine, if Cooper watches, listens and learns. Taking off our only creative player today, even not at his best, was odd unless he was knackered.
What an absolute pile of on 19:25 - Nov 23 with 1438 viewsswan65split

What an absolute pile of on 17:02 - Nov 23 by Headmaster

Grimes said in an interview that Cooper prefers off-the-ball training in comparison to Potter's passing drills. Unfortunately, it shows on the pitch.

Could justify why we haven't been at our best passing since the first few games....patchy as feck!
What an absolute pile of on 19:45 - Nov 23 with 1379 viewsmonmouth

I've waited an hour to post as I don't want to over-react. But truth is, words are almost failing me. That was nearly beyond belief today. We've seen terrible displays before, but generally with terrible players. Today the whole thing was done with some decent players. But, as someone said earlier, we had a lot of cowards out there today. How Byers and Grimes were still on the pitch at the end I can't fathom. Celina at least has a bit of pace and was making space even if he was cocking up the pass at the end.

Positives? Nope. OK, Peterson looked as if he could be a threat. Ayew tried very hard to make something happen. Dyer always wanted the ball and got nothing from the ref.

But.....then the nightmare comes back of the back and fore sideways on the edge of the box as they had not a clue what to do. Then pass on the responsibility. Cowards.

I'm stopping now or I will over-react.

It was shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What an absolute pile of on 19:49 - Nov 23 with 1359 viewskarnataka

What an absolute pile of on 19:45 - Nov 23 by monmouth

I've waited an hour to post as I don't want to over-react. But truth is, words are almost failing me. That was nearly beyond belief today. We've seen terrible displays before, but generally with terrible players. Today the whole thing was done with some decent players. But, as someone said earlier, we had a lot of cowards out there today. How Byers and Grimes were still on the pitch at the end I can't fathom. Celina at least has a bit of pace and was making space even if he was cocking up the pass at the end.

Positives? Nope. OK, Peterson looked as if he could be a threat. Ayew tried very hard to make something happen. Dyer always wanted the ball and got nothing from the ref.

But.....then the nightmare comes back of the back and fore sideways on the edge of the box as they had not a clue what to do. Then pass on the responsibility. Cowards.

It was shit.

Words fail you. Yes, on the way out I said to our group that I was lost for words and the only 2 I could think of were appalling and sh1t
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 19:50]
What an absolute pile of on 20:01 - Nov 23 with 1329 viewsLandore_Jack

VDH has been poor for a while. What's happened to him? Has his head been turned by another club?

#backtojack

What an absolute pile of on 20:08 - Nov 23 with 1309 viewsowainglyndwr

We were very very poor on the pitch and off.
2 little gangs of Wall fans pissing on the road in front of Coppers.
Bet if one of us got cut short tonight we would get a fine
London scum
What an absolute pile of on 20:17 - Nov 23 with 1293 viewsskettyparkherbert

What an absolute pile of on 20:01 - Nov 23 by Landore_Jack

VDH has been poor for a while. What's happened to him? Has his head been turned by another club?

He didn't win a header all day. He's 6 feet 5 inches tall has loads of experience but never attacks the ball in the air both defending and attacking corners etc.

He was also really lucky not to see red today, if the game was at Millwall, nailed on he would have gone.

We looked bang average today and half of the players looked as if they give a flying Feck too which is the worrying thing.

I know it was just after an international break but out of the starting 11 who was playing for their country??

Worrying times ahead me thinks?
What an absolute pile of on 20:21 - Nov 23 with 1277 viewsJoe_bradshaw

What an absolute pile of on 20:17 - Nov 23 by skettyparkherbert

He didn't win a header all day. He's 6 feet 5 inches tall has loads of experience but never attacks the ball in the air both defending and attacking corners etc.

He was also really lucky not to see red today, if the game was at Millwall, nailed on he would have gone.

We looked bang average today and half of the players looked as if they give a flying Feck too which is the worrying thing.

I know it was just after an international break but out of the starting 11 who was playing for their country??

As soon as the ref gave the foul I thought a red card was inevitable. Ref bottled it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

What an absolute pile of on 20:22 - Nov 23 with 1270 viewsmahoss

What an absolute pile of on 19:07 - Nov 23 by Jinxy

If that's the case, it explains a lot. At home, we consistently look like it's the first time our players have played together. Also, confidence seems low, there's no bravery to try something different, almost like they are too afraid to fail. All those things are at the manager's door really. Regarding midfield, I know it's out there but I would try Naughton as a CDM, play Roberts, and drop either Byers or Grimes for a while (but either one of those or Carroll as CAM). Sometimes you just have to mix it up a little. I'm sure we'll be fine, if Cooper watches, listens and learns. Taking off our only creative player today, even not at his best, was odd unless he was knackered.

No sure what we are trying to do at the moment.
I,m no expert but we seem to be concentrating on certain aspects of play.
Play across the back several times because it looks good.
Play it back to the keeper because that’s what passing sides do !
Over pass when making an opening to shoot in the final third when there is an obvious chance to shoot !
We look like we are trying too hard to play the “Swansea way” to me but it’s not quite working.
Too slow, too predictable from what I remember in the past.
No sure why ?,personel ?,Manager........?
What an absolute pile of on 20:25 - Nov 23 with 1252 viewsAndy1300

What an absolute pile of on 17:16 - Nov 23 by jojaca

Perfect summary, we must have the highest centre half's passing back and fore statistic in Europe. I nearly fell asleep watching us today. Cooper's football is absolute bore to watch. I feel like we took one step forward under Potter and now gone back to the dark Clement days.

We are surely top of the league when it comes to giving the ball away
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 20:25]

Number 1 team in Wales

What an absolute pile of on 20:25 - Nov 23 with 1249 viewsFlashberryjack

What an absolute pile of on 17:16 - Nov 23 by jojaca

Perfect summary, we must have the highest centre half's passing back and fore statistic in Europe. I nearly fell asleep watching us today. Cooper's football is absolute bore to watch. I feel like we took one step forward under Potter and now gone back to the dark Clement days.

Being found out...Big time.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What an absolute pile of on 20:26 - Nov 23 with 1247 viewsjojaca

We have been piss poor all season, we still have the odd springle dust PL quality which has bailed us out. We will fizzle out to mid table in the next few weeks.

Even when you know, you never know?

What an absolute pile of on 20:32 - Nov 23 with 1204 viewsskettyparkherbert

What an absolute pile of on 20:26 - Nov 23 by jojaca

We have been piss poor all season, we still have the odd springle dust PL quality which has bailed us out. We will fizzle out to mid table in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately i think your right.

I don't mind us loosing to any team but today i don't think any player apart from maybe Ayew, can say they gave everything they had.

We looked mentally weak as kittens, no real leaders on the park.
What an absolute pile of on 20:41 - Nov 23 with 1176 viewsBadlands

What an absolute pile of on 20:01 - Nov 23 by Landore_Jack

Captaincy taken away, partners by kids, no one in front of him, pushed out of position to let Wilmot start on the right. Hardly well motivated.
Won headers today but the ref gave a free kick against him each time.
He's 6' 2" Millwall forwards were 6'4 & 6' 5 their CB is just short of 6' 7"

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What an absolute pile of on 20:42 - Nov 23 with 1163 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Your third paragraph - you have to wonder at the mentality of a football team who are fourth in the league and could go top two with a home win. And just don’t look interested.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What an absolute pile of on 20:43 - Nov 23 with 1160 viewsgiantstoneater

What an absolute pile of on 19:02 - Nov 23 by Zaxx

Agreed.
A very contentious comment here but Celina is too much of a luxury for our current side.
Either reinforce the midfield with a decent player or play Ayew as a 10 with Routs as back up. Byers, well...

I dont think any of us want a team of cloggers it would be nice to see Celina at least try and win the ball he has just cheaply lost. Makes you think where did Leon get his courage from Celina doesnt even come close.
What an absolute pile of on 20:45 - Nov 23 with 1149 viewsDJack

What an absolute pile of on 19:45 - Nov 23 by monmouth

It was shit.

...I would add that Peterson worked hard and as you pointed out he looked a threat.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What an absolute pile of on 20:50 - Nov 23 with 1138 viewsskettyparkherbert

What an absolute pile of on 20:42 - Nov 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Your third paragraph - you have to wonder at the mentality of a football team who are fourth in the league and could go top two with a home win. And just don’t look interested.

Exactly, if they can't get up for that scenario it's a worry.

It's such a tough league and games will come thick and fast now. You have to do the business at home and any point away is a bonus but we seem to be poor at home and mentally weak.

Against Cardiff aside it's been the case all season.

Pressure is off a bit more away from home but this will not last .
What an absolute pile of on 20:55 - Nov 23 with 1123 viewsBadlands

What an absolute pile of on 20:50 - Nov 23 by skettyparkherbert

Exactly, if they can't get up for that scenario it's a worry.

It's such a tough league and games will come thick and fast now. You have to do the business at home and any point away is a bonus but we seem to be poor at home and mentally weak.

Against Cardiff aside it's been the case all season.

Pressure is off a bit more away from home but this will not last .

Whois paid to prepare the team?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What an absolute pile of on 21:17 - Nov 23 with 1082 viewsskettyparkherbert

What an absolute pile of on 20:55 - Nov 23 by Badlands

Whois paid to prepare the team?

Appreciate what you are saying but Cooper can only do and say so much, once they step onto the pitch its up to the players.

Next up at home next friday is Fulham, they looked pretty decent second half last night.

They have plenty of quality players throughout the team with plenty of pace up top too.
Knockhart and Kamara will be a handful as well as Mitrovic too.

Kearney very good in the middle of the park looks a proper player too.

We will have to grow a pair as a team and get in amongst them as we did against the scum.

100% effort by all the team should be a minimum requirement and if your not good enough then so be it but the fans will except the effort.
What an absolute pile of on 21:36 - Nov 23 with 1054 viewslonglostjack

What an absolute pile of on 21:17 - Nov 23 by skettyparkherbert

Appreciate what you are saying but Cooper can only do and say so much, once they step onto the pitch its up to the players.

Next up at home next friday is Fulham, they looked pretty decent second half last night.

They have plenty of quality players throughout the team with plenty of pace up top too.

We will have to grow a pair as a team and get in amongst them as we did against the scum.

100% effort by all the team should be a minimum requirement and if your not good enough then so be it but the fans will except the effort.

Always good posts Sketty. You know what you’re talking about YJB.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What an absolute pile of on 21:52 - Nov 23 with 1020 viewsmahoss

What an absolute pile of on 21:17 - Nov 23 by skettyparkherbert

I like the post and agree with a lot of what you say.
Cooper is starting to concern me though with the constant “we didn’t reach the levels we need to,we won’t win games playing like that “comments.
That’s a deflection and players will only listen to that sort of talk for so long.
Interesting month coming up.
What an absolute pile of on 22:02 - Nov 23 with 1000 viewsFireboy2

What an absolute pile of on 20:41 - Nov 23 by Badlands

Captaincy taken away, partners by kids, no one in front of him, pushed out of position to let Wilmot start on the right. Hardly well motivated.

Good post, all spot on but you should also add hes a professional footballer who is experienced and should no matter what should put aside his gripes, especially as hes a great big fvcking centre half.
What an absolute pile of on 11:29 - Nov 24 with 795 viewsdobjack2

What an absolute pile of on 20:41 - Nov 23 by Badlands

Looking to leave on a free at the end of the season may also be appropriate when you talk about motivation.
What an absolute pile of on 11:47 - Nov 24 with 780 viewsLeonWasGod

What an absolute pile of on 16:59 - Nov 23 by 34dfgdf54

Was very, very poor.

It does feel like deja vu with Monks first season.

It does a bit, but without the solid defence. I didn’t enjoy watching us camp on the edge of our box and concede territory and possession in Monks whole season, but at least he had a clear game plan. We had a clear identity, even if it was a dull one.

We’re losing our identity under Cooper. Which sounds a weird thing to say given where we are, but a lot of the good stuff under Potter last year is falling away.

Been some worrying signs for a while now (certainly at home).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024