Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper 10:48 - Aug 29 with 7811 viewsjackatbarry

I have to say that Birch, Leon and Curt have made a magnificent decision in appointing Steve Cooper and his backroom staff to take the club forward. Sure it was a big gamble, but so far it has paid off spectacularly well and long may it continue. Our manager has certainly something about him for someone with no experience at club level and is showing our recent failed managers the way things should be done. There is a feel good factor again throughout the players and supporters and two years ago who would have thought we would have so many academy players in and around the first team. We have yet to have a dip in performance but I am hopeful that the manager's positivity will pull us through.
Steve Cooper on 19:44 - Aug 29 with 1561 viewsNortbankboy

Steve Cooper on 13:42 - Aug 29 by A_Fans_Dad

This.
Those that have been following the acadamy teams have been saying for quite a while what goos "Swansea Style" football they play.
Like all youngsters they can lack consistency, but when asked to step up they have tried to continue playing the same way.
Yes Potter and now Cooper are giving them their chances, but they are the ones out there doing the business.
So well done to the acadamy team.

Yes Cooper keeping the good work going.
Great vision by Jenkins all that investment in the academy is paying off.
Steve Cooper on 20:13 - Aug 29 with 1521 viewsGlyn1

Great work by Toshack. Is he still looking to be a manager elsewhere? Could be our manager after Cooper departs?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Steve Cooper on 20:20 - Aug 29 with 1497 viewsFireboy2

Steve Cooper on 18:54 - Aug 29 by NotLoyal

When ?

Why?
Steve Cooper on 20:27 - Aug 29 with 1466 viewsNortbankboy

Steve Cooper on 20:20 - Aug 29 by Fireboy2

Why?

Hope tosh stays has been doing a great job for a number of yrs for us.
All these cheap signings for the under 23 are starting to pay off
Steve Cooper on 23:00 - Aug 29 with 1358 viewsRuDeMan1970

Why?

And how?

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Steve Cooper on 01:24 - Aug 30 with 1297 viewsNotLoyal

Why?

Where ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Steve Cooper on 07:51 - Aug 30 with 1191 viewsPegojack

And if Cooper carries on this amazing performance right to the end of the season and gets us auto promotion, how hard will Birch fight to retain his services when the inevitable knock comes on the door from some struggling Premiership club who just avoided the drop? Someone like Sheffield United or Viila, say?
What release clause does he have in his contract?
Steve Cooper on 08:16 - Aug 30 with 1165 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper on 07:51 - Aug 30 by Pegojack

And if Cooper carries on this amazing performance right to the end of the season and gets us auto promotion, how hard will Birch fight to retain his services when the inevitable knock comes on the door from some struggling Premiership club who just avoided the drop? Someone like Sheffield United or Viila, say?

So, if we get automatic promotion to the premier league he's going to leave us for a club that scraped survival ? Why would he do that? Our side now (arguably) could beat most of the bottom half of the PL as it stands.
I'm sure if we manage promotion he will be given funds enough to keep us there. I'm also sure that the owners have learned a hard lesson from the last relegation.
Switch the radiohead off mun! There is a bright side to life you know!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper on 08:28 - Aug 30 with 1152 viewsmonmouth

Steve Cooper on 08:16 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

So, if we get automatic promotion to the premier league he's going to leave us for a club that scraped survival ? Why would he do that? Our side now (arguably) could beat most of the bottom half of the PL as it stands.
I'm sure if we manage promotion he will be given funds enough to keep us there. I'm also sure that the owners have learned a hard lesson from the last relegation.
Switch the radiohead off mun! There is a bright side to life you know!

Ok, this is getting ridiculous now.

I doubt our side at the moment would beat many if any full strength premier league sides other than the odd one off game. This stuff about Cooper and the team is way overhyping both after such a short time. It’s starting to sound like the usual Cardiff shit. We are 5 games in. Still 13 more wins needed to avoid relegation. If we’re still up there at 30 games, there’s a chance. Can still blow it after 40 games....see under Leeds. The time to crow and worry about losing managers or players is when they’ve actually achieved something.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Steve Cooper on 08:41 - Aug 30 with 1127 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper on 08:28 - Aug 30 by monmouth

I doubt our side at the moment would beat many if any full strength premier league sides other than the odd one off game. This stuff about Cooper and the team is way overhyping both after such a short time. It’s starting to sound like the usual Cardiff shit. We are 5 games in. Still 13 more wins needed to avoid relegation. If we’re still up there at 30 games, there’s a chance. Can still blow it after 40 games....see under Leeds. The time to crow and worry about losing managers or players is when they’ve actually achieved something.

Ok I went over the top there but the point is why join another club who were likely to have just as much chance as us of relegation? If we didn't get promoted fine, I'd understand that completely.

Steve Cooper on 08:49 - Aug 30 with 1117 viewsraynor94

Great post, the hyperbole is getting ridiculous, pride comes before a fall

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper on 08:54 - Aug 30 with 1109 viewssainthelens

Bet yer a real joy at parties.
Steve Cooper on 08:55 - Aug 30 with 1105 viewsEasternJack

I blame all this hubris on Rodon.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Steve Cooper on 08:57 - Aug 30 with 1100 viewsNeath_Jack

Steve Cooper on 07:51 - Aug 30 by Pegojack

Well, considering they were prepared to make Potter one of the highest paid managers in the championship at the end of last season, following an ok season, I’d have thought we’d move heaven and earth to keep Cooper in that scenario.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Steve Cooper on 09:01 - Aug 30 with 1089 viewsmagicdaps10

So refreshing to read this.

Remember the questions asked by some about who is better out there to replace Jenkins and be careful what you wish for.

Well this is where we are after he left........ Far better with a bit more harmony.

We seem to be in a better place and long may it continue.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper on 09:03 - Aug 30 with 1079 viewsWarwickHunt

Steve Cooper on 08:55 - Aug 30 by EasternJack

I blame all this hubris on Rodon.

I’d bet my shirt on it.
Steve Cooper on 09:06 - Aug 30 with 1074 viewsWarwickHunt

Steve Cooper on 09:01 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

Remember the questions asked by some about who is better out there to replace Jenkins and be careful what you wish for.

Well this is where we are after he left........ Far better with a bit more harmony.

Amazing, innit.

A professional with a track record being better than a pub team goalie with an ego the size of China.

Who knew?
Steve Cooper on 09:12 - Aug 30 with 1064 viewsSTID2017

Steve Cooper on 09:01 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

When Birch was appointed everything I read indicsted he was coming in to straighten out the finances and steady a sinking ship.
Quite a few at the time seemed to see him as some form of liquidator or asset stripper.
To me he seems a very sensible football man and is doing a good job.
Cooper and co seems like an excellent appointment

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Steve Cooper on 09:15 - Aug 30 with 1060 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper on 08:49 - Aug 30 by raynor94

Great post, the hyperbole is getting ridiculous, pride comes before a fall

Yes ok. My bad. But the main thrust of that post stands.

Steve Cooper on 09:21 - Aug 30 with 1053 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper on 09:15 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Bryn, this is the most excited I have been for years, and desperately trying to keep a lid on it, I think tomorrow could tell us a lot

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper on 09:24 - Aug 30 with 1047 viewsNeath_Jack

Steve Cooper on 09:21 - Aug 30 by raynor94

Bryn, this is the most excited I have been for years, and desperately trying to keep a lid on it, I think tomorrow could tell us a lot

It’ll tell us who was the better team on the day, nothing more.

The league table at the end of the year is the only thing that matters.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Steve Cooper on 09:25 - Aug 30 with 1045 viewsNeath_Jack

Steve Cooper on 09:15 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

F*ck em Bryn, this is the most positive and excited I’ve seen you for years! Enjoy it mush, we all get carried away on times. YJB!

Steve Cooper on 09:26 - Aug 30 with 1039 viewsSTID2017

Steve Cooper on 09:21 - Aug 30 by raynor94

Indeed - I can imagine the headlines:
" Football fan gets over excited at team's form shocker!!!"
Let us enjoy it please

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Steve Cooper on 09:35 - Aug 30 with 1032 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper on 09:25 - Aug 30 by Neath_Jack

F*ck em Bryn, this is the most positive and excited I’ve seen you for years! Enjoy it mush, we all get carried away on times. YJB!

No. I'm going to do what Pego's doing..................................

Steve Cooper on 10:38 - Aug 30 with 965 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper on 09:12 - Aug 30 by STID2017

When Birch was appointed everything I read indicsted he was coming in to straighten out the finances and steady a sinking ship.
Quite a few at the time seemed to see him as some form of liquidator or asset stripper.
To me he seems a very sensible football man and is doing a good job.
Cooper and co seems like an excellent appointment

My first thought, I believed he was coming in to straighten things up with the end goal seeing the club sold on, I could still see this happen.
I was firmly reassured after he came into our box and addressed us all and discussed what he had planned, this was done off his own back also.

I believe the guy is straight up with things but is keeping the end game close to his chest.

I am just glad to see that clown who made the statements I reffered to in a previous post be proven wrong once again....... We need clowns like him and Jenkins gone to give us any chance and it has happened and loook at where we are at.

Harmony and happiness..... NOT.......... Ignorance and self importance. Long may the feel good continue.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024