Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Brexit thread 08:27 - Aug 5 with 13866 viewswaynekerr55

Genuine questions which I feel deserve a thread of their own

What made you vote leave or remain?
Based on the facts now, would you change your decision?

I voted remain as I wasn't convinced by either sides argument so I stuck with the status quo.

I'd stick to my decision, simply because there is no tangible evidence that leaving sorts us out in the short to medium term.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Another Brexit thread on 21:57 - Aug 6 with 1155 viewslonglostjack

Another Brexit thread on 21:45 - Aug 6 by Flashberryjack

I disagree.

One day the penny WILL drop.

It already has Flash. Not sure what it will be worth next week.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Another Brexit thread on 23:27 - Aug 6 with 1079 viewsHighjack

Another Brexit thread on 19:11 - Aug 6 by Flashberryjack

"You utter tw*t"

Innit. And they’re supposed to be the intelligent, civilised ones.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Another Brexit thread on 06:57 - Aug 7 with 1026 viewsItchySphincter

Another Brexit thread on 11:48 - Aug 5 by Highjack

Well we were told by the media that all eurosceptics are thick fascist racist scumbags so he must have been.

You're getting eurosceptics and leavers muddled up there. It's possible to be eurosceptic and remain.

I guess this thread has gone off track now but through this whole thing I still marvel at the fact that the 'ordinary' working man has identified with the likes of Joseph Rees Mogg and Boris Johnson in what is the biggest con and the biggest case of self harm in the history of British politics.

Everyone knows leaving, especially in hard Brexit, is going to set the country back generations, yet they plough on with no consideration for the future of our children, and for why? Genuinely, why?

Stockpiling medicine in the 21st century FFS?!! Ten years ago, maybe even five years ago, you wouldn't have made that up.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 7:21]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Another Brexit thread on 07:20 - Aug 7 with 1016 viewsItchySphincter

Another Brexit thread on 21:41 - Aug 6 by sherpajacob

But it was still better than leaving with no deal.

One day the penny might drop.

..........but no quite as good as staying in the EU.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Another Brexit thread on 07:59 - Aug 7 with 1004 viewswaynekerr55

Another Brexit thread on 06:57 - Aug 7 by ItchySphincter

You're getting eurosceptics and leavers muddled up there. It's possible to be eurosceptic and remain.

I guess this thread has gone off track now but through this whole thing I still marvel at the fact that the 'ordinary' working man has identified with the likes of Joseph Rees Mogg and Boris Johnson in what is the biggest con and the biggest case of self harm in the history of British politics.

Everyone knows leaving, especially in hard Brexit, is going to set the country back generations, yet they plough on with no consideration for the future of our children, and for why? Genuinely, why?

Stockpiling medicine in the 21st century FFS?!! Ten years ago, maybe even five years ago, you wouldn't have made that up.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 7:21]

Correct

Another Brexit thread on 08:06 - Aug 7 with 1003 viewsjules

The basic question is simple... do you want to choose who governs you? If "yes" then leaving the EU is the only viable option. You certainly do not choose who governs in the EU, it's a stitch up. The UK first past the post system isn't perfect by any means but everyone generally understands it and it sort of works. The EU is way too big, too remote, too unaccountable.

Did anyone on this forum vote for Ursula von der Leyen? Of course not, you didn't have a vote. In fact she only got 51% or so of the vote of the European Parliament which is quite impressive given that she was the only candidate! What kind of selection process is that for a President? At least there were two choices in the referendum and everyone had a vote!

And now comes the agenda, including increased EU integration. What will the EU look like in 5-10-15 years time... EU army, EU foreign policy, EU taxes, who knows? It strikes me that Leavers knew what they were voting for far more than Remainers.

Of course there should be co-operation between individual states including free trade, free movement, security etc. but that doesn't require full on political union.

And, will a no deal Brexit bring about the catastrophe that is being predicted? Only if either party (UK or EU) want it to.
Another Brexit thread on 09:25 - Aug 7 with 964 viewswaynekerr55

Another Brexit thread on 08:06 - Aug 7 by jules

The basic question is simple... do you want to choose who governs you? If "yes" then leaving the EU is the only viable option. You certainly do not choose who governs in the EU, it's a stitch up. The UK first past the post system isn't perfect by any means but everyone generally understands it and it sort of works. The EU is way too big, too remote, too unaccountable.

Did anyone on this forum vote for Ursula von der Leyen? Of course not, you didn't have a vote. In fact she only got 51% or so of the vote of the European Parliament which is quite impressive given that she was the only candidate! What kind of selection process is that for a President? At least there were two choices in the referendum and everyone had a vote!

And now comes the agenda, including increased EU integration. What will the EU look like in 5-10-15 years time... EU army, EU foreign policy, EU taxes, who knows? It strikes me that Leavers knew what they were voting for far more than Remainers.

Of course there should be co-operation between individual states including free trade, free movement, security etc. but that doesn't require full on political union.

And, will a no deal Brexit bring about the catastrophe that is being predicted? Only if either party (UK or EU) want it to.

What elements can we not control at present? Genuine question and not meant to come across as sarcastic.

Another Brexit thread on 09:31 - Aug 7 with 956 viewsBarrySwan

Another Brexit thread on 12:01 - Aug 6 by Lohengrin

”...by definition it’s a massive upheaval.”

I haven’t long come back from town, Lis. I must have stopped a half dozen times to give a few bob to poor bastards sitting out begging in the tipping down rain. The downward spiral this country has been embarked on for the last decade is pitiful to behold.

Maybe “a massive upheaval,” a revolutionary upheaval, is the only prescription. It can’t carry on like this.

Or perhaps those 'poor Bastards' might like to go out and get a job to pay the bills like the rest of us us 'poor bastards' have had to over the decades.

And maybe just maybe contribute something to society just like the rest of us who have to go out day after day to do work that we don't particularly enjoy in order to fund the Health Service and other agencies that all the junkies and Alkies are more than happy to drain the resources out of whilst contributing nothing towards them themselves.

All the while people such as yourself by 'giving a few bob' encourage them to deface our city centres whilst begging sometimes aggressively and bother decent people going about their business in the town centre.

Well done you must be very proud of yourself.
Login to get fewer ads

Another Brexit thread on 11:16 - Aug 7 with 922 viewsBryanSwan

Another Brexit thread on 18:07 - Aug 6 by Gowerjack

Mince.

Wow, what an intelligent and well thought out rebuttal. Seems petty name calling is as thought out as you can get. Congratulations.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Another Brexit thread on 11:34 - Aug 7 with 909 viewsLohengrin

Another Brexit thread on 09:31 - Aug 7 by BarrySwan

Or perhaps those 'poor Bastards' might like to go out and get a job to pay the bills like the rest of us us 'poor bastards' have had to over the decades.

And maybe just maybe contribute something to society just like the rest of us who have to go out day after day to do work that we don't particularly enjoy in order to fund the Health Service and other agencies that all the junkies and Alkies are more than happy to drain the resources out of whilst contributing nothing towards them themselves.

All the while people such as yourself by 'giving a few bob' encourage them to deface our city centres whilst begging sometimes aggressively and bother decent people going about their business in the town centre.

Well done you must be very proud of yourself.

Gracias señor Bolsonaro. Su aporte es debidamente anotado.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Another Brexit thread on 11:49 - Aug 7 with 895 viewsWarwickHunt

Another Brexit thread on 11:34 - Aug 7 by Lohengrin

Gracias señor Bolsonaro. Su aporte es debidamente anotado.

Obrigado Sr. Bolsonaro. Sua contribuição está devidamente anotada.

Fixed that for you, Jose.
Another Brexit thread on 11:56 - Aug 7 with 890 viewsLohengrin

Another Brexit thread on 11:49 - Aug 7 by WarwickHunt

Obrigado Sr. Bolsonaro. Sua contribuição está devidamente anotada.

Fixed that for you, Jose.

Portuguese, as it ought to be, but I can’t do that.

I’m guessing Mr irate from Barry probably wouldn’t have known the difference.

Another Brexit thread on 12:08 - Aug 7 with 878 viewsAlfieMooresSon

We are going out on no deal, Boris has said so, so it must be true!

Liberal lefties, get used to it!
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 12:08]
Another Brexit thread on 12:42 - Aug 7 with 855 viewsEbo

Another Brexit thread on 12:08 - Aug 7 by AlfieMooresSon

For such a short post, that's a really intense edit.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Another Brexit thread on 13:15 - Aug 7 with 841 viewsHighjack

Afli siuyrl

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Another Brexit thread on 13:32 - Aug 7 with 826 viewslondonlisa2001

And there it actually is.

At last a post with honesty. Good for you Alfie. Seriously.

Brexit is desired because it’s getting one over on liberals!

Full stop. It’s the only reason many wanted it. And they don’t care about the awful ramifications because deep down they believe that it’s only the liberals that will suffer.

The greatest con trick of all time. Making people believe that somehow the muticulturalism, globalisation, gender issues, same sex equality, climate change concerns that they are so terrified of, is somehow the fault of the EU and will all just go away with Brexit.

It’s laughable. It really is.
Another Brexit thread on 13:39 - Aug 7 with 811 viewsEbo

Question for the brexiters (I doubt I will get a coherent answer)

Give us all just 1 EU law that has had a negative or detrimental effect on your life in the last 30 years?

Another Brexit thread on 13:59 - Aug 7 with 796 viewswaynekerr55

Another Brexit thread on 13:39 - Aug 7 by Ebo

Give us all just 1 EU law that has had a negative or detrimental effect on your life in the last 30 years?

Banning Quavers

Another Brexit thread on 14:00 - Aug 7 with 793 viewsEbo

Another Brexit thread on 13:59 - Aug 7 by waynekerr55

Banning Quavers

sTraIght baNaNAs

Another Brexit thread on 14:01 - Aug 7 with 793 viewsBatterseajack

beat me to it
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 14:32]
Another Brexit thread on 14:02 - Aug 7 with 793 viewsLohengrin

Another Brexit thread on 13:39 - Aug 7 by Ebo

I can tell you precisely, Eb. The amendments made to the Acquis communautaire on 1st May 2004, and later 2007 which granted full membership to former countries of the Warsaw Pact, for the most part, granting easy access for capital to cheap labour.

Another Brexit thread on 14:13 - Aug 7 with 771 viewswaynekerr55

Another Brexit thread on 14:02 - Aug 7 by Lohengrin

I can tell you precisely, Eb. The amendments made to the Acquis communautaire on 1st May 2004, and later 2007 which granted full membership to former countries of the Warsaw Pact, for the most part, granting easy access for capital to cheap labour.

Genuine question, Loh. Isn't the use of cheap labour the choice of the employer?

Another Brexit thread on 14:16 - Aug 7 with 767 viewsLohengrin

Another Brexit thread on 14:13 - Aug 7 by waynekerr55

Genuine question, Loh. Isn't the use of cheap labour the choice of the employer?

Indeed so, Wayne. Those dates mark the exodus east of manufacturing.

Another Brexit thread on 14:16 - Aug 7 with 766 viewslonglostjack

Well the Bosman ruling wasn't too great. Other than that there's nothing, absolutely nothing, that has affected my life in a negative way. Au contraire / im Gegenteil.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Another Brexit thread on 14:29 - Aug 7 with 740 viewsgadgetuk

I may be imagining things but I'm pretty sure we had the option of limiting migration from those countries but tony biliards take up the option.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 14:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024