Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 08:42 - Jun 1 with 6695 viewsnice_to_michu

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:51]
Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:12 - Jun 1 with 1332 viewsLohengrin

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:10 - Jun 1 by monmouth

You might want to rethink that one Lis to be honest.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:19 - Jun 1 with 1315 viewslondonlisa2001

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:10 - Jun 1 by monmouth

You might want to rethink that one Lis to be honest.

Not all of us have our minds permanently in the gutter Mon. Hadn't thought of that to be honest !!
Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:23 - Jun 1 with 1306 viewsLohengrin

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:19 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

Not all of us have our minds permanently in the gutter Mon. Hadn't thought of that to be honest !!

On here, love, you are pretty much the exception that proves the rule.

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:25 - Jun 1 with 1295 viewslondonlisa2001

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:23 - Jun 1 by Lohengrin

On here, love, you are pretty much the exception that proves the rule.

I console myself that I have swanseajill for company !
Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:26 - Jun 1 with 1290 viewsmonmouth

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:19 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. I aspire to the gutter.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:27 - Jun 1 with 1288 viewsLohengrin

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:26 - Jun 1 by monmouth

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:29 - Jun 1 with 1284 viewslondonlisa2001

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:26 - Jun 1 by monmouth

Well as long as you are looking at the stars :-)
Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:32 - Jun 1 with 1274 viewsLohengrin

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:29 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

Well as long as you are looking at the stars :-)

I was up in London last week talking to a rather flamboyant gay about Oscar Wilde.

Login to get fewer ads

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:41 - Jun 1 with 1260 viewslondonlisa2001

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:32 - Jun 1 by Lohengrin

I was up in London last week talking to a rather flamboyant gay about Oscar Wilde.

The mind boggles!

It wasn't Stephen Fry was it? He's a bit of a Wilde expert and probably fits your idea of flamboyant!

Speaking of flamboyant, I was leaving a meeting last week and walking down to Piccadilly to catch a bus home when it started to rain. I stopped to find my brolly when the glamorous lady in front of me (wearing leggings, particularly nice shoes and a bright fuchsia hat) turned round to go the other way and I realised it was Eddie Izzard. Fabulous legs - I was most jealous.
Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:53 - Jun 1 with 1244 viewsLohengrin

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:41 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

The mind boggles!

It wasn't Stephen Fry was it? He's a bit of a Wilde expert and probably fits your idea of flamboyant!

Speaking of flamboyant, I was leaving a meeting last week and walking down to Piccadilly to catch a bus home when it started to rain. I stopped to find my brolly when the glamorous lady in front of me (wearing leggings, particularly nice shoes and a bright fuchsia hat) turned round to go the other way and I realised it was Eddie Izzard. Fabulous legs - I was most jealous.

I was in a pub just off the Horsferry Road indulging in two of my favourite things - having a pint in the afternoon and talking to strangers about books. He was perched at the end of the bar reading a copy of De Profundis. When I started reciting The Ballad of Reading Gaol at him he did a little jig with delight. When he noticed I was in company with a dozen rough-looking brutes who were all equally friendly toward him I think it may have been the happiest he'd been in years.

PS: Eddie Izzard is a hero to ECB. You should have had him to sign something.

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:03 - Jun 1 with 1229 viewslondonlisa2001

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 19:53 - Jun 1 by Lohengrin

I was in a pub just off the Horsferry Road indulging in two of my favourite things - having a pint in the afternoon and talking to strangers about books. He was perched at the end of the bar reading a copy of De Profundis. When I started reciting The Ballad of Reading Gaol at him he did a little jig with delight. When he noticed I was in company with a dozen rough-looking brutes who were all equally friendly toward him I think it may have been the happiest he'd been in years.

PS: Eddie Izzard is a hero to ECB. You should have had him to sign something.

Next time you are near there, I'd recommend you pop up to the bookbinders on Rochester Row (only about 5 minutes away) if you haven't been. I used to love popping in there when I worked around there. Shepherds Bookbinders they are called. A beautiful place to while away some time speaking with passionate artisans.

It's lovely to bump into people who share a passion - I'm sure he was made up.

Didn't know ECB was an Eddie Izzard fan - so am I. Very funny and articulate bloke who sticks two fingers up at the world and lives the way he wants to live. What's not to like about that. plus he's Welsh of course!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2016 20:05]
Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:09 - Jun 1 with 1224 viewsWarwickHunt

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea (n/t) on 13:11 - Jun 1 by nice_to_michu

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:52]

Yep - was in Shropshire at the weekend and had a couple of pints.

Lovely drop.*

*with apologies to Starsky.
Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:21 - Jun 1 with 1214 viewsLohengrin

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:03 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

Next time you are near there, I'd recommend you pop up to the bookbinders on Rochester Row (only about 5 minutes away) if you haven't been. I used to love popping in there when I worked around there. Shepherds Bookbinders they are called. A beautiful place to while away some time speaking with passionate artisans.

It's lovely to bump into people who share a passion - I'm sure he was made up.

Didn't know ECB was an Eddie Izzard fan - so am I. Very funny and articulate bloke who sticks two fingers up at the world and lives the way he wants to live. What's not to like about that. plus he's Welsh of course!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2016 20:05]

I do know it, Lisa. Fantastic place. I used to enjoy the pubs (still do) along Vauxhall Bridge Road. That's just a stone's throw away.

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:25 - Jun 1 with 1204 viewslondonlisa2001

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:21 - Jun 1 by Lohengrin

I do know it, Lisa. Fantastic place. I used to enjoy the pubs (still do) along Vauxhall Bridge Road. That's just a stone's throw away.

Oh good - I'm glad you know it - it's lovely. I used to work on Rochester Row so often went in.

I have a particular (and peculiar) love of anything book or stationery related. I spend at least an hour in Daunt every week or so but also paper, pens etc - love them. Bit strange I imagine, but whatever.
Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:33 - Jun 1 with 1178 viewsLohengrin

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:25 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

Oh good - I'm glad you know it - it's lovely. I used to work on Rochester Row so often went in.

I have a particular (and peculiar) love of anything book or stationery related. I spend at least an hour in Daunt every week or so but also paper, pens etc - love them. Bit strange I imagine, but whatever.

If we were still seventeen I think we'd have been walking hand-in-hand around the Hay Festival tonight!

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:36 - Jun 1 with 1135 viewslondonlisa2001

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:33 - Jun 1 by Lohengrin

If we were still seventeen I think we'd have been walking hand-in-hand around the Hay Festival tonight!

Lol.

They've a great line up this year - was looking a few weeks ago.
Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:39 - Jun 1 with 1127 viewsLohengrin

Penderyn whisky moving to Swansea on 20:36 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

They've a great line up this year - was looking a few weeks ago.

Tom Holland's there. I missed him this year because of work, unfortunately, although I did manage to catch him and Mary Beard together last time. That was excellent.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024