Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony coming back maybe? 20:48 - May 16 with 6991 viewsandrew

http://websta.me/n/w.bony

Scroll down to picture of him Wayne and Leon, and what it says.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:49 - May 16 with 2197 viewspencoedjack

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:44 - May 16 by morningstar

Is this thread about Gylfi? No, it's about Wilfied Bony. I don't want him back. Do you?

You made a comment that about Gylfi in the thread which I disagreed with.

For the right price .... Yes
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:51 - May 16 with 2190 viewsmorningstar

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:46 - May 16 by jack247

Yeah mate, I've said earlier in the thread I don't think we could meet his demands (though I do think we could meet City's). Have to agree to disagree on the rest of it. I had no problem with Siggy coming back and finances permitting I'd have no problem with Bony or Allen (or hypothetically Ben Davies) doing it either.

Allen and Davies are local boys, and they haven't failed. Siggy was only here on loan.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:53 - May 16 with 2177 viewsmorningstar

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:49 - May 16 by pencoedjack

You made a comment that about Gylfi in the thread which I disagreed with.

For the right price .... Yes

I answered a post about Gylfi. And we would never in a million years get Bony back for the right price for us.

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:55 - May 16 with 2165 viewsmax936

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:39 - May 16 by pikeypaul

I would love it if successful players with us were never interested in moving to bigger and richer clubs,but we need to be realistic and accept it will always be the case.
Bony has shown he can do a good job for us although he has been a big disappointment at Man City.
The point I was making was the only way other top teams would be interested in the future was if he started banging them in again for us for a season or two and I for one would be happy to see that.

He's never had a good run of first team football at Citeh though and I honestly didn't see him getting that opportunity when he went there with all the talent they had there, he was never gonna be the focal point that he was for us, do I want him back yeah probably but on our terms and at a price that's not a bank breaker, other area's need the bulk of the budget spent on it, Centre Mid field for me, if Joey's available its a no brainer, with him Siggy and Bony [if price is right] up top he'd thrive on that service, but Paloschi maybe a better option as he's quicker.

The other teams around us are gonna spend huge amounts this summer I feel, on another note Troy Deeney doesn't seem happy at Watford letting Flores go, maybe a cheeky approach for him might not be that expensive.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bony coming back maybe? on 23:17 - May 16 with 2007 viewsDr_Winston

Citeh have never played to his strengths.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony coming back maybe? on 23:21 - May 16 with 1995 viewsmorningstar

Bony coming back maybe? on 23:17 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

Citeh have never played to his strengths.

Of course not. They should never have bought him!

Bony coming back maybe? on 13:50 - May 17 with 1704 viewshammy

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:39 - May 16 by pikeypaul

I would love it if successful players with us were never interested in moving to bigger and richer clubs,but we need to be realistic and accept it will always be the case.
Bony has shown he can do a good job for us although he has been a big disappointment at Man City.
The point I was making was the only way other top teams would be interested in the future was if he started banging them in again for us for a season or two and I for one would be happy to see that.

Yes we do need to be realistic. Most teams in the PL are feeder clubs to the billionaire clubs (they can just out-bid everyone else), so we need to cut our cloth accordingly. Primarily, this means we need to adhere to a style of play and regularly bring in new players to fit that style. It is unlikely that we're going to be in a position to buy and keep the very top players, although we will be able to get players such as Bony on board for part of their careers, while they look to prove themselves.

Will be interesting to see how the Leicester situation develops this summer now that their key players have introduced themselves on the world stage by winning the PL. Will the likes of Mahrez / Kante turn down Barcelona / PSG with huge wage increases and would Leicester turn down the likely extortionate transfer fees ? Ranieri will be a magician if he can keep this all together.

Back to the Swans and we should be looking at how the likes of Atletico Madrid do things. Their finances seem a bit healthier than ours and they've been in the top flight a lot longer. They seem to be around the 15th richest club by revenue stream, but the Swans are likely to be in the top 30 next year themselves. AM seem to churn a number of their players every year but still do remarkably well. Is this just the influence of Simeone or is there a unique system being implemented behind the scenes that facilitates their overall success. Maybe we can plan our next level of progression by analysing the likes of AM ?

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Bony coming back maybe? on 14:45 - May 17 with 1636 viewsjack247

Bony coming back maybe? on 13:50 - May 17 by hammy

Yes we do need to be realistic. Most teams in the PL are feeder clubs to the billionaire clubs (they can just out-bid everyone else), so we need to cut our cloth accordingly. Primarily, this means we need to adhere to a style of play and regularly bring in new players to fit that style. It is unlikely that we're going to be in a position to buy and keep the very top players, although we will be able to get players such as Bony on board for part of their careers, while they look to prove themselves.

Will be interesting to see how the Leicester situation develops this summer now that their key players have introduced themselves on the world stage by winning the PL. Will the likes of Mahrez / Kante turn down Barcelona / PSG with huge wage increases and would Leicester turn down the likely extortionate transfer fees ? Ranieri will be a magician if he can keep this all together.

Back to the Swans and we should be looking at how the likes of Atletico Madrid do things. Their finances seem a bit healthier than ours and they've been in the top flight a lot longer. They seem to be around the 15th richest club by revenue stream, but the Swans are likely to be in the top 30 next year themselves. AM seem to churn a number of their players every year but still do remarkably well. Is this just the influence of Simeone or is there a unique system being implemented behind the scenes that facilitates their overall success. Maybe we can plan our next level of progression by analysing the likes of AM ?

They have a defined way of playing that doesn't require superstars. Just well drilled, hard working, intelligent players. They can afford to buy low and sell high, because they primarily need players that fit a system, rather than the best players.

We had something similar, obviously on a smaller scale and with a different way of playing, in the first few PL seasons and for a few seasons before them. You need a defined way of playing and a bloody good recruitment system for it to work.

The reason we have this perceived 'curse of players who leave Swansea' phenomenon is that the players were made to look better than they actually were here. They went away, played in formations/systems that didn't necessarily suit them and got found out. I'm sure the same thing would happen to the likes of Vardy and Drinkwater if they went to Man City or wherever.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony coming back maybe? on 14:48 - May 17 with 1630 viewsjasper_T

Bony coming back maybe? on 23:21 - May 16 by morningstar

Of course not. They should never have bought him!

Sinclair neither.

They've been good to us.
Bony coming back maybe? on 18:21 - May 17 with 1522 viewsGowerjack

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:25 - May 16 by morningstar

They still owe us £9.3m Tim. Do you think they'll let him come back here and call it quits? Siggy has never had delusions of granduer. Bony has always believed he is Champions league material, maybe he is, but not with us.

Whilst they may still owe us stage payments for WB we will also owe that money to other clubs so no real benefit here.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Bony coming back maybe? on 18:44 - May 17 with 1483 viewsDr_Winston

Bony coming back maybe? on 18:21 - May 17 by Gowerjack

Whilst they may still owe us stage payments for WB we will also owe that money to other clubs so no real benefit here.

Do we? It's not as if we've paid out too many huge transfer fees lately.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony coming back maybe? on 18:46 - May 17 with 1482 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony coming back maybe? on 18:44 - May 17 by Dr_Winston

Do we? It's not as if we've paid out too many huge transfer fees lately.

The point is still valid though - if they owe us £10m and we have to give them another £10m we haven't suddenly bought him for £10m - it's still cost us £20m !
Bony coming back maybe? on 18:51 - May 17 with 1459 viewsLeonisGod

Bony coming back maybe? on 18:46 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

The point is still valid though - if they owe us £10m and we have to give them another £10m we haven't suddenly bought him for £10m - it's still cost us £20m !

Mr Morgan could fund that from his share sale....
Bony coming back maybe? on 19:01 - May 17 with 1436 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony coming back maybe? on 18:51 - May 17 by LeonisGod

Mr Morgan could fund that from his share sale....

I'm not saying we can't afford it - just that it's the same as us paying £20m for any other striker.
Bony coming back maybe? on 19:06 - May 17 with 1424 viewsDr_Winston

Bony coming back maybe? on 18:46 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Not debating that point. Just questioning the accepted belief that what Citeh owe us is actually set for elsewhere.

We are due another £20/30m from the new TV deal so it should certainly be affordable, especially if we do lose some of the other higher earners.

Bony coming back maybe? on 19:13 - May 17 with 1386 viewsJackfath

Well done to all those that clapped him on Sunday which has clearly made up his mind on this matter.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bony coming back maybe? on 19:31 - May 17 with 1356 viewsmonmouth

Bony coming back maybe? on 19:06 - May 17 by Dr_Winston

Not debating that point. Just questioning the accepted belief that what Citeh owe us is actually set for elsewhere.

We are due another £20/30m from the new TV deal so it should certainly be affordable, especially if we do lose some of the other higher earners.

Isn't the committed cash based on the short term creditors/debtors deficit in the accounts. We owe a net shedload from what I remember.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:25 - May 17 with 1274 viewsStarsky

Bony coming back maybe? on 19:13 - May 17 by Jackfath

Well done to all those that clapped him on Sunday which has clearly made up his mind on this matter.

STFU

It's just the internet, init.

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:44 - May 17 with 1238 viewsjackrabbit

There's a famous old ditty:

"How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm, after they've seen Par-ee."

It applies to Bony, Allen and would have applied to Rodgers also. What would be the mindset of somebody who returns to a previous club from which he was launched into the big time, only to find it was a step too far? Perhaps not quite as true with Allen as it would have been with the other two. Time to move on .....and discover some of the unheralded treasures of Serie A.
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:45 - May 17 with 1223 viewsveng9

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:44 - May 17 by jackrabbit

It applies to Bony, Allen and would have applied to Rodgers also. What would be the mindset of somebody who returns to a previous club from which he was launched into the big time, only to find it was a step too far? Perhaps not quite as true with Allen as it would have been with the other two. Time to move on .....and discover some of the unheralded treasures of Serie A.

Sigurdsson.
Bony coming back maybe? on 21:49 - May 17 with 1206 viewsmorningstar

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:45 - May 17 by veng9

Sigurdsson.

He wasn't our player mun!

Bony coming back maybe? on 22:16 - May 17 with 1159 viewsjackrabbit

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:49 - May 17 by morningstar

He wasn't our player mun!

Exactly - he was here on loan for a season. People hit the keyboard before engaging brain.
Bony coming back maybe? on 23:56 - May 17 with 1097 viewsjedijack

Bony coming back maybe? on 22:16 - May 17 by jackrabbit

Exactly - he was here on loan for a season. People hit the keyboard before engaging brain.

He wasn't here for a season, we signed him in January.

Just saying
Bony coming back maybe? on 06:07 - May 18 with 1006 viewsjack247

What difference to this particular argument does it make if Gylfi was our player or here on loan, even if he was here at all before Spurs? He has still stepped up from Hoffenheim to Spurs before stepping down again.

The point you all seem to be making is that players go to a big club, it doesn't work out and then they drop back down to their natural level, they have a bit of billy big balls about them, or don't have the determination or whatever. If Bony, or Allen, or Rodgers etc would be like that here, surely they would be the same if they went to Palace or West Brom?
Bony coming back maybe? on 07:15 - May 18 with 963 viewsAngelRangelQS

Bony coming back maybe? on 21:44 - May 17 by jackrabbit

Leon hasn't done too badly

Edit: appreciate he didn't go to the "big time"
[Post edited 18 May 2016 8:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024