Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footballer of the year 18:55 - Mar 15 with 7735 viewsPetros

Got to be N'Golo Kante. What a player. Does anyone know why the TV commentators pronounce his name as Konte?
Footballer of the year on 18:06 - Mar 16 with 1884 viewsNorthernr

Footballer of the year on 18:03 - Mar 16 by terryb

I would think that was the worst Drinkwater has played this season.

My wife laughed when he was awarded MOM as I had stated that he had a mare!

Mind you, he did improve in the last five minutes.

I go along with the op. Kante for me, but I have doubts that he will be in their top six.

Oh yeh Drinkwater has been great whenever I've seen him this season, just saying on Monday I thought he really struggled, and Provan had been banging on about Kante all night so I couldn't believe it when he didn't get the nod.
Footballer of the year on 11:28 - Mar 17 with 1803 viewssimmo

Drinkwater named in England squad

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Footballer of the year on 11:37 - Mar 17 with 1798 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Footballer of the year on 11:46 - Mar 17 with 1781 viewssimmo

It's absolutely shameful big club bias that Walcott continues to make that squad. If he played anything like he actually does for the likes of Stoke or Villa he wouldn't be close to a game.

I do like the look of a lot of that team though, we know it's not world class but a lot of very decent young players there. Dier, Alli, Barkley, Butland, Stones, Sterling, etc. You can add Shaw to that list when he's back and that's 7 of the first 11 tied up for quite a while

Footballer of the year on 12:01 - Mar 17 with 1762 viewspaulparker

how in fcuks name do Henderson, Wellbeck, Cahill & jageilka get in ?
they have all been injured and out of form, I seriously cannot do another tournament watching Henderson miss place passes, he is useless, if he played for west ham he wouldn't be near that squad
if you play for Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal your laughing

seriously what more do the likes of Cresswell, Noble, Albrighton, Morgan, Dann have to do ? typical England always the same old same old
as for Drinkwater its a waste of time , because as soon as Wiltshire plays 5 minutes of football he will be in the squad and Drinkwater will be dropped

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Footballer of the year on 12:05 - Mar 17 with 1754 viewsjamois

Footballer of the year on 12:01 - Mar 17 by paulparker

they have all been injured and out of form, I seriously cannot do another tournament watching Henderson miss place passes, he is useless, if he played for west ham he wouldn't be near that squad

seriously what more do the likes of Cresswell, Noble, Albrighton, Morgan, Dann have to do ? typical England always the same old same old
as for Drinkwater its a waste of time , because as soon as Wiltshire plays 5 minutes of football he will be in the squad and Drinkwater will be dropped

Yeah oops I just posted a thread on similar lines to this. Does that count as a spackman? I'm sure Clive'll shit it down. Still, completely agree though. Also agree about Walcott. The man's form has been terrible and he cannot even make the 1st team.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Footballer of the year on 12:13 - Mar 17 with 1744 viewssimmo

Footballer of the year on 12:01 - Mar 17 by paulparker

Don;t agree with you on Henderson, I like him and he's grown into a player that really takes charge of games. Welbeck has done really well for Arsenal since he came back and always plays well for England.

Morgan is Jamaican and Noble is no better than the England CM options we've picked (and older). I'd rather have Shawcross and Dann over Cahill though.

Something like this

-----------------Vardy-----------------
Sterling--------------------Sturridge
------------------Alli------------------
-------Henderson-----Dier---------
Cresswell-Smalling-Stones-Clyne
----------------Hart---------------------

Footballer of the year on 12:41 - Mar 17 with 1717 viewspaulparker

Footballer of the year on 12:13 - Mar 17 by simmo

Don;t agree with you on Henderson, I like him and he's grown into a player that really takes charge of games. Welbeck has done really well for Arsenal since he came back and always plays well for England.

Morgan is Jamaican and Noble is no better than the England CM options we've picked (and older). I'd rather have Shawcross and Dann over Cahill though.

Something like this

Not a bad team, and I agree on Shawcross, why none of the big clubs have been in for him is very strange , especially when clubs have spent huge money on rojo & otemendi
I thought Morgan played for the u21's ? surely he is worth a call up , because if he played for spurs, man utd & Liverpool he most likely would have by now

I cant agree on Henderson, he cant pass, shoot and is clumsy , Noble is streets a head of him as an all round midfielder

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Footballer of the year on 12:47 - Mar 17 with 1701 viewsjamois

Footballer of the year on 12:13 - Mar 17 by simmo

Something like this

Swap Vardy and Sturridge around, although I think it's harsh on Kane to be left out. Possibly start with him as the target man and not Sturridge?

Also, Lallana has come on a lot post-Klopp. On form I'd pick him ahead the west londoner with the dodgy facial hair. Sterling needs to be forced to impress. Impact sub.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Footballer of the year on 12:53 - Mar 17 with 1696 viewssimmo

Footballer of the year on 12:41 - Mar 17 by paulparker

Not a bad team, and I agree on Shawcross, why none of the big clubs have been in for him is very strange , especially when clubs have spent huge money on rojo & otemendi
I thought Morgan played for the u21's ? surely he is worth a call up , because if he played for spurs, man utd & Liverpool he most likely would have by now

I cant agree on Henderson, he cant pass, shoot and is clumsy , Noble is streets a head of him as an all round midfielder

Are you thinking of Moore (Liam), not Morgan? He's the young English CB Leicester have, currently on loan at Bristol (I think).

Stoke's record with and wothout Shawcross for clean sheets is similar to that of Kompany and Citeh, so I'd definitely have him over Cahill especially. Stones and Smalling 1st choice though so maybe they are there for back up/experience.

We'll agree to disagree on Henderson, I think he needs to be more clinical but he's got a great engine, a bit of fight, an eye for a long pass and his goals and assists record is not bad for a deep lying midfielder. Plus he handles himself well, he took the captaincy of Liverpool at 24 and has looked fine with it - Liverpool fans see him every week and if he wasn;t up to the job, we'd know about it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024