Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Day Thread 14:04 - Mar 4 with 32271 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 5 Mar 2016 1:39]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:45 - Mar 4 with 3234 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:32 - Mar 4 by Glyn1

Things go right tomorrow and there could be a 9 point gap between 16th and 17th place. 1-0 to us.

What are the other Fixtures, I know Newcastle are home to Bournemouth which will be a tough game especially with the umbrella man facing the tin tac if they lose.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 22:35]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:48 - Mar 4 with 3230 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:45 - Mar 4 by max936

What are the other Fixtures, I know Newcastle are home to Bournemouth which will be a tough game especially with the umbrella man facing the tin tac if they lose.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 22:35]

Sundy at Soton. Palarse home to Scroungers.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:04 - Mar 4 with 3188 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:48 - Mar 4 by monmouth

Soton don't do us favours and Palace could be in freefall as they haven't won for a while.
We need them to both perform and win to ease things for us.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:07 - Mar 4 with 3187 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 14:54 - Mar 4 by Pegojack

Come on, let's be honest, although we all wish him a speedy recovery and discharge from hospital, we're all glad Curt will be in charge tomorrow.

He does know how to play positive, attacking football ,But just at the moment i think he's not risking it, that's why we're so defensive, a point per game will do

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 4 with 3129 viewsSgorioFruit

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:48 - Mar 4 by monmouth

talking Russian again

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:31 - Mar 4 with 3123 viewsSgorioFruit

SgorioFruit is cacking himself thinking tomorrows game

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:15 - Mar 4 with 3029 viewsmax936

Scroungers noughty, noughty.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:16 - Mar 4 with 3028 viewsMolliemick

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 14:04 - Mar 4 by jackharris

The Official Swans Vs The Canaries Match Thread
Saturday 5th March 2016 @3pm
Guest of Honour - Man who used to do the UEFA Cup draws
and tightened the mini footballs so no ex-superstar could open them.
Otherwise known as Gianni Infantino the new Fifa president.
Liberty Stadium -21,000

Up to 2,100 Norfolk Folk, on a fleet of 22 subsidised coaches and tractors (joke) are expected...

Weather

TEAM NEWS
Francesco Guidolin will not be at Saturday's game as Swansea City's head coach continues to recuperate from a chest infection in hospital. Ki Sung-yueng and Leroy Fer should be available despite being substituted with injuries against Arsenal.
Possible Team???

Possible Bench (7 from 10?)
Nordfeldt, Fernandez, Rangel, Kingsley, Fulton, Ki, Gomis, Barrow, Montero, Britton/Fer

Norwich midfielder Alex Tettey needs an ankle operation and could miss the rest of the season. Robbie Brady and Gary O'Neil should be available despite clashing heads in midweek, while Steven Naismith returns. Sebastien Bassong and Patrick Bamford are also available.
Match Referee

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Mark Scott: "Francesco Guidolin had one eye on Norwich's visit to South Wales when he named a much-changed team in midweek, so to win at Arsenal was all the more of a boost. "Guidolin missed the Arsenal game because of illness and it seems unlikely he will be back in the dugout on Saturday. If he is absent again, the side will be in safe hands, with Alan Curtis' shuffling of formation in midweek coming up trumps.

Norwich City manager Alex Neil: "I am a big believer in that you make your own luck. We are in this position because we have not won enough games, it is as simple as that. "In recent weeks we have been performing well, and if you keep doing that and making chances, then the results should follow. "The one strength we have as a club is that everybody is stuck together and is fighting really hard - you see no dissent, the lads are fighting for the cause and there are no issues within the squad whatsoever?

MATCH FACTS - Swansea City
* Swansea's win over Arsenal on Wednesday was their first in five matches (D2, L2).
* They have only won two of their last 12 home league games (D5, L5).
* A Premier League-low 25.7% of their passes have been in the final third this season.
* Bafetimbi Gomis scored in his first four Premier League games this season but has only netted once in his last 21 league games.

Norwich City
* Norwich are winless in eight games, losing seven of them.
* They have not won an away league game since 19 December at Manchester United.
* Norwich's three clean sheets this season is the joint fewest in the Premier League, along with Sunderland.
* Wes Hoolahan has recorded his best Premier League season for assists, with eight.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2016 4:13]

Does anyone read all this?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 4 with 3011 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:16 - Mar 4 by Molliemick

Most of it is photos/pictures — I read all the text bits — not exactly War and Peace, is it.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:38 - Mar 4 with 2970 viewsbonymine

The Arsenal win has hopefully taken a bit of pressure off the boys as it was an away game where we were totally expected to lose so we relaxed and played well.

Tomorrow however at home is a different matter ; we are the favourites in a massive six pointer against our 'bogey team' and the anxiety and tension of the crowd is definitely transmitting itself to the players over recent weeks, they are shit scared of making a mistake.

You can feel the frustration rising in the crowd whenever Taylor for example turns back inside to give a square pass when going forward whereas Kingsley operated far more freely at Arsenal and looked totally relaxed there. Yet if he plays tomorrow I fear for him 'freezing' under the Liberty Stadium crowd tension.

Obviously I hope I'm very wrong and it's different tomorrow but our home support and the atmosphere in general has become very critical,tense and indeed abusive at times, the players are therefore taking the 'safety first' option every time with a short/square pass rather than relaxing and playing their natural game with any confidence.

I really do hope that the Arsenal win is such a confidence booster that the crowd will be more SUPPORTIVE throughout towards the team and the players will respond accordingly. Confidence is such a major factor in players' performances it really is.

1-0 Siggy.

STID,COYS,YJB etc, etc ......

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:45 - Mar 4 with 2943 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:38 - Mar 4 by bonymine

The Arsenal win has hopefully taken a bit of pressure off the boys as it was an away game where we were totally expected to lose so we relaxed and played well.

Tomorrow however at home is a different matter ; we are the favourites in a massive six pointer against our 'bogey team' and the anxiety and tension of the crowd is definitely transmitting itself to the players over recent weeks, they are shit scared of making a mistake.

You can feel the frustration rising in the crowd whenever Taylor for example turns back inside to give a square pass when going forward whereas Kingsley operated far more freely at Arsenal and looked totally relaxed there. Yet if he plays tomorrow I fear for him 'freezing' under the Liberty Stadium crowd tension.

Obviously I hope I'm very wrong and it's different tomorrow but our home support and the atmosphere in general has become very critical,tense and indeed abusive at times, the players are therefore taking the 'safety first' option every time with a short/square pass rather than relaxing and playing their natural game with any confidence.

I really do hope that the Arsenal win is such a confidence booster that the crowd will be more SUPPORTIVE throughout towards the team and the players will respond accordingly. Confidence is such a major factor in players' performances it really is.

1-0 Siggy.

Great post.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:49 - Mar 4 with 2930 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:38 - Mar 4 by bonymine

1-0 Siggy.

Do you think that the home crowd is worse for Kingsley than 57,000 Arsenal fans against him?
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:52 - Mar 4 with 2926 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:49 - Mar 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you think that the home crowd is worse for Kingsley than 57,000 Arsenal fans against him?

Err...Yes !

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:53 - Mar 4 with 2917 viewsDr_Winston

I just hope that someone at the club finally twigs the difference in performance when we switched back to 4-3-3 compared to the f*cking diamond at Arsenal. It's getting to the point where it's rivalling Bryan Flynn's weird 4-3-3 as a formation that obviously sucks but keeps getting used regardless.

Play our best formation against a hapless Norwich side and we'll win. Chicken out and play it safe and it's in the balance.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:56 - Mar 4 with 2910 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:16 - Mar 4 by Molliemick

Yes.Jackharris is a ledge.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:59 - Mar 4 with 2735 viewsbonymine

The difference between playing in a team away from home in front of 60,000 Arsenal fans or whatever (but just 1,500 Swans fans) in a game which is deemed that we have no chance of winning against playing in a team at OUR HOME GROUND where we are EXPECTED to win in front of 20,000 Swans fans.....the difference is immense.

The expectation level is so,so different if you can't see that then c'est la vie !! 🙄🙄

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 21:09 - Mar 4 with 2714 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:53 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

I just hope that someone at the club finally twigs the difference in performance when we switched back to 4-3-3 compared to the f*cking diamond at Arsenal. It's getting to the point where it's rivalling Bryan Flynn's weird 4-3-3 as a formation that obviously sucks but keeps getting used regardless.

Play our best formation against a hapless Norwich side and we'll win. Chicken out and play it safe and it's in the balance.

Spot on.

Attack is the best form of defence in my opinion, we certainly have a better chance of a positive result as an attacking force with the talent within our squad as opposed to seeking to defend a 1-0 lead with our defensive frailities for example.

Give the opposition food or thought for the 90 minutes with quick counter attacks etc rather than sitting back and trying to absorb constant pressure (a la Spurs) trying to grind out a result.

Attack! Attack!Attack!Attack!Attack!

STID Together Stronger 💪💪💪

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 21:10 - Mar 4 with 2706 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 21:09 - Mar 4 by bonymine

Spot on.

Attack is the best form of defence in my opinion, we certainly have a better chance of a positive result as an attacking force with the talent within our squad as opposed to seeking to defend a 1-0 lead with our defensive frailities for example.

Give the opposition food or thought for the 90 minutes with quick counter attacks etc rather than sitting back and trying to absorb constant pressure (a la Spurs) trying to grind out a result.

Attack! Attack!Attack!Attack!Attack!

STID Together Stronger 💪💪💪

i fuking loves it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 21:13 - Mar 4 with 2700 viewsperchrockjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 21:10 - Mar 4 by Oldjack

i fuking loves it

How about this.
We rip into the six fingered turkey killers from the kick off, get early goal and then ....and then ...keep it going get another and strangle them with passion and committment

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 21:53 - Mar 4 with 2618 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:53 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

Init

I've given up what going through their minds down at SCFC .

It's seems we are going down the new swansea way , monks way , it's boring ,its slow its dreadful to watch .

Just win the f@cking game .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 22:23 - Mar 4 with 2565 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 21:10 - Mar 4 by Oldjack

i fuking loves it

Quality Alan !!

Let's be having you boys !!

Ginger on the drum play like never before, sing like never before and we'll play .... Like every week (hope not).

4-3-3 got to be attack, attack,attack,attack,attack,attack.

🙈🙈🙈

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 22:27 - Mar 4 with 2544 viewsPTBaglanJack

Ha brilliant!! :D

Going for a 1-0 win for us. 3 points, nice! ;-)
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 23:32 - Mar 4 with 2434 viewsmorningstar

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 14:40 - Mar 4 by monmouth

There

On the stair.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 23:42 - Mar 4 with 2412 viewsmorningstar

Your sister Mollie Malone would be ashamed of you! She wheeled the wheel barrow through streets broad and narrow singing! Na Na Na Na SWANSEA!!!!!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 23:43 - Mar 4 with 2398 viewsHuw57

Surely we are due to win a game by more than one goal..

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024