Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash 21:41 - Jan 18 with 8752 viewslovejuicejack

Mom all day long. Giant tonight!
Ash on 22:34 - Jan 18 with 2217 viewsWxmJax

The Mrs says 'does Ash ever score?' then Boom!
She then starts singing He's captain of Wales and soon after the crowd begin.

Now she's picking the winning lottery numbers 😊

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Ash on 22:36 - Jan 18 with 2205 views3swan

Ash on 22:30 - Jan 18 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, I'll disagree too. Plenty of people have never seen how immense Leon is and what he brings to the team. Their loss.

Ash mom but Leon very close. He protected the back four and found himself at the edge of their area.
No doubt it's Ash
Very tense end to the game (all through really) Still brings back what could have been from the Sunderland game - criminal
Ash on 22:45 - Jan 18 with 2162 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Yeah, I'll disagree too. Plenty of people have never seen how immense Leon is and what he brings to the team. Their loss.

I'm fully aware of what Britton has done here over the last 13 years.

And I realize this is not going to earn me any popularity points, but I have my doubts that everyone would be as reverent towards Leon's performances this season if it was his 1st season with the club.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Ash on 22:50 - Jan 18 with 2145 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ash on 22:45 - Jan 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

And I realize this is not going to earn me any popularity points, but I have my doubts that everyone would be as reverent towards Leon's performances this season if it was his 1st season with the club.

I really can't believe you just wrote that, have you been celebrating too much?
Ash on 22:51 - Jan 18 with 2140 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Believe it works the other way

We tend to over rate our new players and not fully appreciate what we already had here

Leon, Rangel and Ash included

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Ash on 22:55 - Jan 18 with 2116 viewsItchySphincter

Absolute boIIocks, you have no idea what you're talking about.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ash on 23:00 - Jan 18 with 2091 viewsbuilthjack

Ash fantastic tonight

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ash on 23:13 - Jan 18 with 2026 viewsDan_Swan

Ash on 22:55 - Jan 18 by ItchySphincter

Absolute boIIocks, you have no idea what you're talking about.

This! How any fan's judgement can be clouded by longevity of service is quite frankly baffling!

Stating that fans actually do this is beyond baffling!

Still following Dr's orders!

Login to get fewer ads

Ash on 23:17 - Jan 18 with 2000 viewslovejuicejack

It's just opinions, but dunno why you have to be so negative and argumentative about it.
Ash on 23:19 - Jan 18 with 1992 viewsswanstillidai

Ash on 22:24 - Jan 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ash simply put on a legendary performance, symbolized perfectly by the way he ran out of the tunnel after halftime (when they were doubting on NBC if he could even play after the injury) and proceeded to command the defence in the 2nd half in classic Ash fashion.

Ash is as clear an MOTM as you'll ever see. No close 2nd.

My girlfriend would probably sleep with him right now after we watched that performance, and I wouldn't complain. Easy to say from 5,000 miles away, granted.

I had a really good day in work too - I made my boss a fortune.

Can I have a go on her after Ash please?
Ash on 23:21 - Jan 18 with 1984 viewsDan_Swan

Ash on 23:17 - Jan 18 by lovejuicejack

It's just opinions, but dunno why you have to be so negative and argumentative about it.

Think it was the 'WTF' reaction that got it going to tell the truth, no real need for it. He then stated that some fans base their views on a players performance based on how long they have been here.

As Itchy said, it's absolute bollocks & i'm inclined to agree!

Ash on 23:25 - Jan 18 with 1962 viewsgiantstoneater

Ash on 22:10 - Jan 18 by midswan

why the WTF ?? Leon was everywhere,up front, midfield, massive in front of defence, always wants the ball and is always available to everyone as an out ball. Watch it again, then you can take back your WTF comment.

9 times out of 10 I would agree perhaps Leons performance is standard from him a statue of him next to Ivor wouldn`t be amiss but Ash was like Ironman tonight and a lot of players wouldn`t have come back out for the second half after taking that knock. Ash stood firm when the rest of the back four started to panic and we were a bit anxious in the end but 3 well deserved points. I was disappointed (gladly) with Watford they just cant shake that long ball style.
Ash on 23:27 - Jan 18 with 1943 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-player-ra

Chris Wathan rates Leon a 7. Good performance, but better than only 3 of the other starters according to Chris.

I guess he deserves a good tongue lashing from you guys too in that case. Personally I think he marks Ash 1 point too low, even though he gave the obvious MOTM his due.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Ash on 23:35 - Jan 18 with 1897 viewslovejuicejack

Ash on 23:21 - Jan 18 by Dan_Swan

Think it was the 'WTF' reaction that got it going to tell the truth, no real need for it. He then stated that some fans base their views on a players performance based on how long they have been here.

As Itchy said, it's absolute bollocks & i'm inclined to agree!

Furry muff
Ash on 23:36 - Jan 18 with 1891 viewsBLAZE

Or, if you want to skew Wathan's ratings the opposite way, he scored just one point less than MOTM Ashley Williams according to Chris, so not far behind really. Certainly not deserving a 'WTF' at the ascertion he was MOTM
Ash on 23:39 - Jan 18 with 1715 viewsDan_Swan

Ash on 23:27 - Jan 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-player-ra

Chris Wathan rates Leon a 7. Good performance, but better than only 3 of the other starters according to Chris.

I guess he deserves a good tongue lashing from you guys too in that case. Personally I think he marks Ash 1 point too low, even though he gave the obvious MOTM his due.

You thought Ash was MOTM, others thought otherwise. People are entitled to their opinions, they aren't wrong for expressing them. Free speech and all that...

Stating WTF and also saying that some fans base their opinions on a players performance on length of service is miles off! I, along with others base our opinions on the performance itself. I couldn't care less if a player has been here 10 yrs or 10 minutes, it doesn't cloud my judgement nor the judgement of many others!

Ash on 23:49 - Jan 18 with 1675 viewsDyfnant

In fairness to Tummer I believe he's basing tonight's opinion from watching the game on tv.
I often think a lot of swans fans blow Leon's performances out of proportion but tonight he was brilliant, broke down probably double figure Watford attacks. In fact I think this has been his best season for us. Lovely to see Taylor a genuine attacking threat as well.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Ash on 23:51 - Jan 18 with 1673 viewsjack_lord

Ash was immense tonight and probably deserved the MOM because he scored the goal on top of his sterling effort in defence. People like Leon have completely different roles and he gives the defence a route for the ball out of defence every time. Tonight Mr Britton also had his attacking boots on as well. I would say our passing tonight was better than it has been for a long time.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Ash on 23:57 - Jan 18 with 1656 viewsDan_Swan

Ash on 23:49 - Jan 18 by Dyfnant

In fairness to Tummer I believe he's basing tonight's opinion from watching the game on tv.
I often think a lot of swans fans blow Leon's performances out of proportion but tonight he was brilliant, broke down probably double figure Watford attacks. In fact I think this has been his best season for us. Lovely to see Taylor a genuine attacking threat as well.

I can see the TV aspect but what about his statement with regards to some fans basing an opinion on a players performance on how long they have been at the club?

Ash on 00:34 - Jan 19 with 1593 viewsandrew

Tough one between cork Taylor and Leon for second, ash mom.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Ash on 00:51 - Jan 19 with 1577 viewsDyfnant

Ash on 23:57 - Jan 18 by Dan_Swan

I can see the TV aspect but what about his statement with regards to some fans basing an opinion on a players performance on how long they have been at the club?

He's probably still drunk from his trip

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Ash on 00:57 - Jan 19 with 1571 viewsNookiejack

Top Top Top performance by Ash - Leon was everywhere - Cork also put in a very strong performance.
Ash on 02:22 - Jan 19 with 1515 viewsUplandsJack

Ash for me was MOTM.... id say tonight he was back to near his absolute best after a nervy first 10 mins that most suffered... As i said on another thread Leon, was Leon... I loved seeing him going into tackles like a little jack Russell. Such a shame he is getting on in years but for 80 mins he was great.
Also thought a big shout out for the fans tonight... definately got behind the lads so well done to all👏👏👏
Ash on 07:29 - Jan 19 with 1478 viewsItchySphincter

Ash on 23:17 - Jan 18 by lovejuicejack

That's funny coming from you.

Ash on 07:33 - Jan 19 with 1464 viewsItchySphincter

Ash on 23:57 - Jan 18 by Dan_Swan

It's a lack of knowledge I suppose as Leon was a different player and played a different role in a different position back then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024