Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them 17:04 - Jan 3 with 2823 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

The very definition of hit and miss from one end of the spectrum to another - Adebayor, available on a free

Peter Crouch - proven goalscorer but probably passed his best - probably a small fee.

Both big wages.

I'm not saying we should but I thought i'd throw it out there and start the debate!

Would either of them be a good signing for us right now and crucially are they better than what we've got?
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:05 - Jan 3 with 2817 viewsjack247

If we could get either until the end of the season then yes. Sign them for longer then that? No.
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:14 - Jan 3 with 2759 viewsPhil_S

If we signed them and they scored goals then people would hail them moments of genius

If we signed them and they didn't score goals then people would hail it is a disaster bigger than the Struel era
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:14 - Jan 3 with 2755 viewsmorningstar

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:05 - Jan 3 by jack247

If we could get either until the end of the season then yes. Sign them for longer then that? No.

I'd go for Adebayor until the end of season and promise him a 3 year contract on a £100k a week if he helps keep us up. If he does, we release him anyway!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:18 - Jan 3 with 2727 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Has Adebayor kicked a ball since the end of last season?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:18 - Jan 3 with 2728 viewsnyc_swans

wouldn't want either. need a striker who can create opportunities for himself, not one that relies on good service.
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:20 - Jan 3 with 2715 viewsMrSwerve

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:18 - Jan 3 by nyc_swans

wouldn't want either. need a striker who can create opportunities for himself, not one that relies on good service.

Got a spare £30m?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:28 - Jan 3 with 2672 viewsdailew

Crouch - perhaps, Adebayor - no way, he's poison.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:33 - Jan 3 with 2642 viewsAngelRangelQS

Crouch would be an excellent signing IMO. We would still need another striker though
Login to get fewer ads

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:34 - Jan 3 with 2637 viewsjack247

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:14 - Jan 3 by morningstar

I'd go for Adebayor until the end of season and promise him a 3 year contract on a £100k a week if he helps keep us up. If he does, we release him anyway!

We could do the same with Tim Sherwood. Both great for a few months before they go shit
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:40 - Jan 3 with 2603 viewsMrSwerve

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:34 - Jan 3 by jack247

We could do the same with Tim Sherwood. Both great for a few months before they go shit

Monk had the same effect when he took over from Laudrup. Maybe get him back until the end of the season?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:46 - Jan 3 with 2572 viewsmorningstar

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:40 - Jan 3 by MrSwerve

Monk had the same effect when he took over from Laudrup. Maybe get him back until the end of the season?

That's actually a bit of a myth and why people were so surprised he was kept on. Ye he kept us up, but 17pts from 14 games? That saying he did an outstanding job last year, and his contribution should always be remembered in a positive way.

Disclaimer: Disregard the last sentence if we get relegated.

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:48 - Jan 3 with 2556 viewsperchrockjack

Strudel died some years ago. Feel rather shitty now.

He did have a lovely sheepskins coat with matching glasses however

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:50 - Jan 3 with 2548 viewssully49

GM's boat has sailed. Crouch could do a job for us though, just his size alone would help us either end of the pitch.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:53 - Jan 3 with 2538 viewsgiantstoneater

Crouch and the guy from Villa his name escapes me (or i just cant spell it!) may be worth a gamble but loan options only. We need to try something at least.
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:53 - Jan 3 with 2537 viewsmorningstar

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:48 - Jan 3 by perchrockjack

Strudel died some years ago. Feel rather shitty now.

He did have a lovely sheepskins coat with matching glasses however

What? He had sheepskin glasses?

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:57 - Jan 3 with 2514 viewskarnataka

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:53 - Jan 3 by morningstar

That made me laugh. Wow, Sheepskin glasses, I'd pay to see those.
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:59 - Jan 3 with 2501 viewssully49

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:53 - Jan 3 by morningstar

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 18:04 - Jan 3 with 2475 viewsJoe_bradshaw

No wonder he couldn't see the wood from the trees.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 18:08 - Jan 3 with 2450 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:53 - Jan 3 by giantstoneater

Crouch and the guy from Villa his name escapes me (or i just cant spell it!) may be worth a gamble but loan options only. We need to try something at least.

Please tell me not Agbonlahor. Worst striker in the league.
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 18:20 - Jan 3 with 2397 viewsgiantstoneater

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 18:08 - Jan 3 by RockAndBaconRoll

Please tell me not Agbonlahor. Worst striker in the league.

Not saying he is but just suggesting a name. Adebayor and Crouch perhaps too similar Agbonlahor has good movement and was in the England squad a few years perhaps a new challenge would suit him. So far most of the names mentioned seem beyond our reach Remy,Austin and Bamford.
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 18:20 - Jan 3 with 2395 viewsTheKirkyLife

I was thinking about good old Crouchy. Worth a punt. Adebayor is usually scintillating first season wherever he goes BUT he is just so lazy. Like Gomis 2.0.

Of course there is the generic Austin, Bamford, Remy rumours.

I'd love to see thought given to Libor Kozak who looked a real steal at Villa until his leg break. I also think Kramaric would suit our style a lot more than Leicester.
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 18:30 - Jan 3 with 2358 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

OK some stats then - Agbonlahor scored 6 in 34 last year (4 in 30 season before) (none this season in 8 appearances)
Adebayor scored 2 in 13 last year (11 in 21 year before)
Crouch scored 8 in 33 last year (8 in 34 year before)
Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 18:30 - Jan 3 with 2357 viewsLoyal

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 17:28 - Jan 3 by dailew

Crouch - perhaps, Adebayor - no way, he's poison.

And then there's Gomis, maybe Adebayor was his mentor.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 18:59 - Jan 3 with 2269 viewsmorningstar

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 18:30 - Jan 3 by Loyal

And then there's Gomis, maybe Adebayor was his mentor.

Gomis 5 in 16 this season. Better recent record than any of the aforementioned. As Monmouth stated some weeks ago, our bet has been made, the chips are down and the wheel is spinning. Anything we do now to change that bet in play as far as a striker is concerned is,

1. Spend money we haven't got.
2. Spend cheap on another striker like Eder, Oliveira or Schecter.
3. Spend high wages on a has been and cross our testicles.

Adebayor & Crouch - Would you or wouldn't you sign either of them on 19:18 - Jan 3 with 2230 viewsperchrockjack

Made me chuckle. Ta.

Possible as Malcolm had a few bob.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024