Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any keen anglers on here? 12:53 - Jan 1 with 8279 views1973scott

Anyone into their river, sea, course, game fishing on here ?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Any keen anglers on here? on 12:56 - Jan 1 with 6153 viewsmax936

Oldjack, Lifelong and myself when I can be bothered, there must be a few others as well, I assume, Why you ask?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:01 - Jan 1 with 6135 views1973scott

I'm into my sea fishing especially spinning for bass on gower rock marks we have some awesome beaches and reefs on our coastline

Be good to hear the views, experiences from members of planet swans
Any keen anglers on here? on 13:03 - Jan 1 with 6128 viewsOldjack

Jackfath loves his fishing but he's crap at it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:19 - Jan 1 with 6087 viewsmax936

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:01 - Jan 1 by 1973scott

I'm into my sea fishing especially spinning for bass on gower rock marks we have some awesome beaches and reefs on our coastline

Used to go often lure fishing for bass on various marks caught some good fish to, but ain't been for a couple of years now though

Check this site out

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/forums/bass-lure-fishing.384/

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/forums/south-west-wales-catch-reports.43/
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 13:19]

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:30 - Jan 1 with 6051 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Any good plaice fishermen on here? Only asking as Tescos can't seem to catch or breadcrumb any

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:35 - Jan 1 with 6029 viewsswan72

Fly fishing for me, I get out a few times a month. Local and national still waters .i also do salmon & sea trout fishing during the season. I tie my own flies too.
Any keen anglers on here? on 13:51 - Jan 1 with 6000 viewsFlashberryjack

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:35 - Jan 1 by swan72

Fly fishing for me, I get out a few times a month. Local and national still waters .i also do salmon & sea trout fishing during the season. I tie my own flies too.

Fly fishing for me as well, been out of it for a few years now, but thinking of starting back up in the coming season.
Used to do a lot of competition fly fishing all over the country at one time, but it'll be for pleasure only this time round.

I also dress my own flies.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:00 - Jan 1 with 5988 viewsswan72

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:51 - Jan 1 by Flashberryjack

Fly fishing for me as well, been out of it for a few years now, but thinking of starting back up in the coming season.
Used to do a lot of competition fly fishing all over the country at one time, but it'll be for pleasure only this time round.

I also dress my own flies.

Garnffrwd is my regular lake, then I fish the afan and the wye for river sport.
Trialled for the Welsh bank team last year, missed out though. Gonna give it another shot this year I think
Login to get fewer ads

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:02 - Jan 1 with 5983 viewsGowerjack

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:01 - Jan 1 by 1973scott

Perchie dont think so

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:04 - Jan 1 with 5978 viewsGowerjack

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:03 - Jan 1 by Oldjack

Jackfath loves his fishing but he's crap at it

Yep.

Primary school level.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:44 - Jan 1 with 5949 viewsFlashberryjack

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:00 - Jan 1 by swan72

Garnffrwd is my regular lake, then I fish the afan and the wye for river sport.
Trialled for the Welsh bank team last year, missed out though. Gonna give it another shot this year I think

Been to Garnffrwd years ago, not really my thing small fisheries, Llandegfedd, Llys y Fran, Brenig and Trawsfynydd in Wales.

Rutland is my favorite in England, but also like Bewl, Chew and Graffham.

Scotland - Loch Leven and Lake of Mentieth.

Ireland - Lough Mask, Corrib, Cara, Conn, Ennel and Lough 0wel.

Been in the Welsh International Fly Fishing Team a couple of times as well.

Hello

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:47 - Jan 1 with 5944 views1973scott

Any keen anglers on here? on 13:19 - Jan 1 by max936

Used to go often lure fishing for bass on various marks caught some good fish to, but ain't been for a couple of years now though

Check this site out

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/forums/bass-lure-fishing.384/

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/forums/south-west-wales-catch-reports.43/
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 13:19]

Cheers max
Yeah some cracking spots on gower

I had some cracking bass last year off gower brilliant sport on light gear
Any keen anglers on here? on 14:50 - Jan 1 with 5940 viewsmax936

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:47 - Jan 1 by 1973scott

Cheers max
Yeah some cracking spots on gower

I had some cracking bass last year off gower brilliant sport on light gear

Megabass Zonks in Gartride

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:59 - Jan 1 with 5928 viewsswan72

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:44 - Jan 1 by Flashberryjack

Been to Garnffrwd years ago, not really my thing small fisheries, Llandegfedd, Llys y Fran, Brenig and Trawsfynydd in Wales.

Rutland is my favorite in England, but also like Bewl, Chew and Graffham.

Scotland - Loch Leven and Lake of Mentieth.

Ireland - Lough Mask, Corrib, Cara, Conn, Ennel and Lough 0wel.

Been in the Welsh International Fly Fishing Team a couple of times as well.

Good stuff mate. If you fancy Eglwys Nynydd when you get back into it, drop me a PM.
Any keen anglers on here? on 15:23 - Jan 1 with 5905 viewsFlashberryjack

Any keen anglers on here? on 14:59 - Jan 1 by swan72

Good stuff mate. If you fancy Eglwys Nynydd when you get back into it, drop me a PM.

Had a season ticket at Eglwys a long long while back, some of the guys I used to fish with still fish there.
I remember when they used to catch trout running up the feeder stream, strip them and rear their own fish, not sure if they do it now after all the lice problems they've had over the last 10 or so years.

Hello

Any keen anglers on here? on 15:56 - Jan 1 with 5879 viewsDarran

Any keen anglers on here? on 15:23 - Jan 1 by Flashberryjack

Had a season ticket at Eglwys a long long while back, some of the guys I used to fish with still fish there.
I remember when they used to catch trout running up the feeder stream, strip them and rear their own fish, not sure if they do it now after all the lice problems they've had over the last 10 or so years.

Oldjack once told me that Max is a very keen angler it's just that he's like a c*nt at it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Any keen anglers on here? on 16:04 - Jan 1 with 5869 viewsmax936

Any keen anglers on here? on 15:23 - Jan 1 by Flashberryjack

I think the fish boffins identified the cause being killer shrimp with the larvae carried there by Canadian Geese.

Any keen anglers on here? on 16:46 - Jan 1 with 5835 viewsFlashberryjack

Any keen anglers on here? on 16:04 - Jan 1 by max936

I think the fish boffins identified the cause being killer shrimp with the larvae carried there by Canadian Geese.

OK, Last I heard it was to do with the increase in water temperature, which causes the lake to become infested with parasitic lice........but that was ages ago.

Hello

Any keen anglers on here? on 16:56 - Jan 1 with 5822 viewsJackfath

Cruel pastime. Should be banned.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Any keen anglers on here? on 17:00 - Jan 1 with 5816 viewsFlashberryjack

Any keen anglers on here? on 16:56 - Jan 1 by Jackfath

Cruel pastime. Should be banned.

Ah! another angler.

Hello

Any keen anglers on here? on 17:08 - Jan 1 with 5805 viewsWingstandwood

Any keen anglers on here? on 16:46 - Jan 1 by Flashberryjack

OK, Last I heard it was to do with the increase in water temperature, which causes the lake to become infested with parasitic lice........but that was ages ago.

Questions? Questions?

Here a few from a very amateurish bog standard sling a hook with a worm on the end of it into a river (myself!) type?

1.How easy is fly fishing casting technique to master? Does it take a lot of practice?
2.Do trout tend to have a peak feeding time period when they are more likely to take bait?
3.Do trout take fly fishing fly's more out of a instinctive reaction to surface water movement than out of hunger i.e. they can be full up but still take the hook?
4.Is it true that there is an 'illegal' bait some call 'salmon-paste' (No not what you find in ASDA's!) made from Salmon eggs that apparently drives fish into a heightened feeding mode? A super bait as it were?

Argus!

Any keen anglers on here? on 17:36 - Jan 1 with 5791 viewslifelong

Fished for as long as I can remember, fished the Tawe as a boy and later the Loughor, Towy and Teifi, mainly fly fishing for Trout and Salmon. Was introduced to sea fishing about 20 years ago, enjoyed it so much bought a small boat and launched and recovered from Mumbles, Burry Port and St David's where most of my fishing is now done.
Any keen anglers on here? on 17:42 - Jan 1 with 5779 viewsNeath_Jack

Ray Mears special on ITV just started, about the River Wye.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Any keen anglers on here? on 18:13 - Jan 1 with 5753 viewsFlashberryjack

Any keen anglers on here? on 17:08 - Jan 1 by Wingstandwood

Questions? Questions?

Here a few from a very amateurish bog standard sling a hook with a worm on the end of it into a river (myself!) type?

1.How easy is fly fishing casting technique to master? Does it take a lot of practice?
2.Do trout tend to have a peak feeding time period when they are more likely to take bait?
3.Do trout take fly fishing fly's more out of a instinctive reaction to surface water movement than out of hunger i.e. they can be full up but still take the hook?
4.Is it true that there is an 'illegal' bait some call 'salmon-paste' (No not what you find in ASDA's!) made from Salmon eggs that apparently drives fish into a heightened feeding mode? A super bait as it were?

1 Fairly easy, especially these days with the introduction of the many new ranges of fly rods and lines, as with most things, the more you practice the better at it you become.

2 Usually morning and evening times are the best, but depends on many things like, what the fish are feeding on, water temp and at what depth their food is being served. Although most anglers thinking is, that they usually feed an hour before they get there, and an hour after they've gone home..... in my experience I tend to find this to be correct.

3 Stripping a fly lure induces the instinctive take, whilst imitation fly fishing is exactly that, imitating the fish's natural food, fish will stuff themselves when the there is plenty of natural food about, but when there is an abundance of food, they become more selective, so therefore harder to catch.

4 Plenty of old recipes for Salmon paste about, whether they work or not ? I couldn't possibly comment, as it is highly illegal, and hardly the actions of a person partaking in the noble art of fly fishing. .

Hello

Any keen anglers on here? on 18:40 - Jan 1 with 5726 viewsWingstandwood

Any keen anglers on here? on 18:13 - Jan 1 by Flashberryjack

1 Fairly easy, especially these days with the introduction of the many new ranges of fly rods and lines, as with most things, the more you practice the better at it you become.

2 Usually morning and evening times are the best, but depends on many things like, what the fish are feeding on, water temp and at what depth their food is being served. Although most anglers thinking is, that they usually feed an hour before they get there, and an hour after they've gone home..... in my experience I tend to find this to be correct.

3 Stripping a fly lure induces the instinctive take, whilst imitation fly fishing is exactly that, imitating the fish's natural food, fish will stuff themselves when the there is plenty of natural food about, but when there is an abundance of food, they become more selective, so therefore harder to catch.

4 Plenty of old recipes for Salmon paste about, whether they work or not ? I couldn't possibly comment, as it is highly illegal, and hardly the actions of a person partaking in the noble art of fly fishing. .

Thanks for your reply very much appreciated!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024